Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings

More
27 Feb 2014 22:22 #20938 by micro
Replied by micro on topic Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings
Still don't know if heli is faulty or tx/heli/rx setings are bad/incompatible or not, it's driving me nuts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2014 22:58 #20939 by Tom Z
Replied by Tom Z on topic Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings
Nice job flipping and inverting!

I would have to say the low power is something on the helicopter. It could be a weak motor, the esc on the Rx board isn't supplying full power to the motor, a bad solder joint on the Rx board somewhere.

You have tried different batteries so we know it is not the battery.
The only settings in the model file that I can see that would give low power would be throttle and/or pitch and you have tried a lot of combinations.

I have the recommend Align settings in the model.

If you want I can edit my model and crank up the throttle for more headspeed in stunt mode. You have tried different pitch values so I would try more throttle next. That is what I would try if I had this problem and if it still didn't have full power I would go back to the factory firmware and see if it has full power or not. This will tell you for sure if it is a deviation/settings problem or not.

More
27 Feb 2014 23:22 #20941 by micro
Thanks man, I have 8 months of latent heli addicton to unleash but everythig I try turns to sh1t. 2 mini cp boards died, 3 supers don't take bl, v120 was last years xmas present and was a so bad it not funny, 250 and 450 almost broken me financially and emotionally but should finally be ok when new giro gets here and now this. I expected the actualy flying bit to be the hardest when I started flying but it's far from it, thats the only bit that gives me joy but not sure it's enough to keep going down this path.

It's at full throttle. The calibration only works with 0-100 throttle curves so I have left it there plus it barely flies at 80 or below. Pitch is 100-90-100 in idle up.

I have not found anyone using this heli with this tx and rx yet so untill I do, there's no certainty it will work. I'm not dissing deviation but v3 should have bound fine but it didn't.

I'm saving for a Futaba tx and compass warp, cutting corners is just making me miserable

More
28 Feb 2014 12:46 #20955 by Waterfly
Replied by Waterfly on topic Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings
Tom:
I sent and got back my heli from Align. They tested it and it bound with Spektrum TX. I tried different thinks yesterday and made the Devo 7E bind with the heli only after switching to 4 channels. I flown the heli in the house and seems ok. It seems to have plenty of power.
I wander if the 4 channel setting will have any effect in the performance.
As Micro and myself have the same set up, let me know if you want me to test anything for you.
By the way, reading this tread I see that Micro is also flying a Super CP with a CO5 motor. I have the same setting, and if run 100% the heli has great performance. I have lower the rpm to tame it and practice inverted flying, and it works great. It gives me about over 7 minutes of flying time. The Super CP is almost indestructible; the only part I have been able to break is the landing gear, which you replace in less than a minute.

More
28 Feb 2014 13:10 #20958 by Waterfly
CO5 BL Super CP

Attachments:

More
28 Feb 2014 13:19 #20959 by Tom Z
That's good your heli tested OK.
4 channels is for a fixed pitch helicopter or quad. Switching from 7 channel to 4 channel will loose the gyro channel. Without having the gyro channel I don't know what default gyro value will be used but if your tail is holding the gyro is working somehow.
See if the gyro also works in stunt mode but be careful when you switch to it as if you don't have gyro gain the heli will spin on you. I would try it very low to the ground (barley liftoff and try switching from normal mode to stunt mode and back again).

That would be great if your could test the model for Micro and I as that is what we need, a second Tx and heli to be tested with the model to compare results. I could email you the model if you PM me your email address.
The only issue sounds like you would have to run it using 4 channels.

More
28 Feb 2014 13:39 #20961 by Tom Z
Looks good.

If you need more power sometime you can use the HP05S motor for wicked power and headspeed!

Here is my Mini CP with the HP05S and 10A V3 PnP ESC with the BLheli Software.
  • HP05S 13,600kv motor w/1.5mm motor shaft
  • 8T 1.5mm shaft size M0.5 pinion
  • 10A V3 PnP ESC with the BLheli Software
  • 7mm tail motor

Attachments:

More
28 Feb 2014 13:47 #20962 by Tom Z
micro, OK you have the throttle at 100% and have tried different pitch.
Have you tried the helicopter with the factory firmware? That is what I would try next. This will tell you for sure if it is a deviation problem or not.
I still think the problem is with the helicopter. I have the recommend Align settings in the model and you have tried many different settings also.

More
28 Feb 2014 15:57 #20973 by Waterfly
I just returned from the field. At 80% the power of the 150 is insane. I have a standard V120D02S which I consider has adequate power. The 150 at 80% seems to have 20% more power than the V120D02S at 100%. No wander it breaks easy.

By the way, I just broke the canopy support of the Super CP. It is not indestructible.

I had a scare with a Tarot 450. I have it with a 6 cell motor. The pinion got loose in the middle of a loop. Somehow I made a perfect landing; but my adrenaline went thru the roof.

More
28 Feb 2014 17:58 - 28 Feb 2014 18:24 #20985 by Tom Z
That is good that you get full power with the standard mixer model which is the same model micro has. Also 75% gyro gain seems to work good for both of you.
I changed the gyro gain in the model from 88% to 75%. This is due to I didn't have to convert the gyro value to the deviation value using the standard mixer.

I now would have to say that mico's low power is a problem on the helicopter.

The 450 on a 6S is extremely powerful!
Nice job landing it and with no damage.
Last edit: 28 Feb 2014 18:24 by Tom Z.

More
01 Mar 2014 22:05 #21047 by micro
Ok guys, finally I have some resolve. Out of the many errors (or damn right lies as I like to call them :blink: ) in the trex 150 manual, the cell detection setting was the culprit. With no other chnages other than changing '2s' to 'auto' the heli is now flying as it should. So deviation 3 didn't bind but v4 was/is not the problem here and the heli does not have a fault besides that error in programming for 2s cell.
Tom, finally maiden dedicated to all your hard work and patience.

And I only have 1 lipo so 3 trips to the park was all I managed to get in today but 80% throttle is fun, 100% got me all giddy and giggly after all that damn failure. I have 3 lipos now, bring on Sunday. Swash bearing comes out very very easy in even a minor bump but seems to stay in during actual flight even at full pelt.

As for the super cp. I have them flying great untill I push them hard, then the tail blows out if the motor bogs. PLEASE show me a vid of your setup flying if you think it's up to the task, i'd love to get both my c05m supers up to the task too. Tired both kv motors, walkera esc, blheli esc, xp7a esc, 7, 8, 9t pinion, 7mm tail motors, 25-45c 300mah lipos. Flies great inside, tail blows when pushed hard in every setup. Best I coudl get was 11000kv c05m with stock main gear and 9t pinion - perfect in pitch pumps, flips, rolls and even somefast tail first flying but funnels and half piroflips other than babying it blew the tail out consistently. basically any rudder along with flips where teh motor bogged at all, the tail goes. IF I baby it I can get through 3-5 flights without issues but not a single one of them flies as well for me as stock setup where it's impossible for me to blow the tail out, even in wind that it can barely fly in.

I bought a mini cp at xmas to do double bl ugrade on but less than 20 flights as stcok and it stopped binding. If oomodel ever return it, I hope to still do that too.

More
02 Mar 2014 14:30 #21081 by Tom Z
Wow! As soon as I clicked play I heard the much higher headspeed and the stunt mode headspeeds are wicked fast!

Great job flying. How long have you been flying helicopters?

Thanks for the maiden dedicated flight.
I plan to get a T-Rex 150 when I can and will also do a full review on it.
I already made the Tx setup guide for it a long time ago which is posted on my web site.

More
02 Mar 2014 14:53 #21082 by micro
Thank's Tom, yeah just the sounds at 100% gets the blood pumping. You will love the heli for sure but the swash is dire and the frame is also way too flexible to push the gains to where the they really need to be I think. Can't be too long before align release a v2 with metal swash and upgraded frame already fitted. If I do get a 2nd, I will build it from parts instead.

Youtube says Nov 24th for first mini cp upload which was my first cp so that makes it a bit less than year and half of cp helis. A few months of v911 and micro quads before that were my gateway drug into CP after starting with planks and not getting any stick time due to wind. I was sold as soon as I realised a micro quad could fly in wind a foamy plank is no fun at all.

More
02 Mar 2014 15:14 #21083 by Tom Z
Your learned a lot in a short amount of time.
I have been flying for 7 years and haven't tried 3D yet...

I just Subscribed to you on YouTube, I am CX2Pilot.

I watched your Armattan quad videos. Chris is a friend of mine who I know from Rcgroups. I plan to get one of his quads also.
I see you have a quad with lights. Here is my quad with custom lights I put on it.

DJI Flamewheel F450
  • KK2.0 Multi-rotor LCD Flight Control Board v1.6 firmware
  • Spektrum 6100 Receiver
  • HobbyKing F-30A 30AMP ESC's w/ SimonK Firmware
  • Walkera Brushless Motors: WK-WS-28-009A 1,000kv

More
02 Mar 2014 16:08 #21087 by micro
Your 450 looks great but I have no time for those dji/dji clone frames. Way too much flex for me and break just looking at them - I guess they are fine up to 1000kv but feel they are false economy. I don't wanna be rude to the kk3 either as it's amazing value but felt it was sub par to the multiwii code in self level, scale and especially acro.

Indeed Chris a a complete joy to deal with. So refreshing to get such solid, consistently honest service. On top of that, he has the most affordable acro rigs about that can take the kind of messy quad chucking I like and continue flying - check my durability vid out for a chuckle. If your considering a rig from him, I would heartily reccomend the full CF frames and if you wait a little longer, he will have some 1800kv T Motor made motors with huge 5mm shafts and bolt on prop adapters and 4s capable. That setup along with a nanowii, multiwii or better still acro naze I promise you will give you trembling knees, shakey hands and a case for the giggles, even on 3s 2200 45C. I'm passing the led alu 3s quad on to my brother real soon and hoping build a really silly 6s quad that will use the warp lipos - still trying to work out of that's going to be viable or a 4s will be daft enough. There's 3d quad option too although I can tell you quite honestly a heli flies way better inverted and props are not cheap.

No 150 flying today, all rain. I feel content knowing it works though thnks to everyone that helped.

More
18 Mar 2014 11:29 #21644 by manuwind
Replied by manuwind on topic Align T-Rex 150 DFC - Standard Settings
Hi all. I will really apreciate your help.
After reading all this post I still have one question. Is it always necessary a rx apart from the one which is included with the Trex?
When I bought it I thought I would be able to use it with my Devo 7e and Deviation, but now I see I can't bind them with DSMX or DSM2 directly...
Thanks a lot. I hope this could help other confused users like me.
Cheers!

More
18 Mar 2014 15:49 #21645 by Waterfly
You need a satellite receiver on DMS2 or DMSX.
I purchased a Spektrum DMSX and it works great with my Devo 7E.
It did not bind in 7 channels; but I got it to bind when I changed the TX to 4 channels.
The thing is that all 7 channels are working ok.
It takes longer to bind the first time. The 150 is impressive. Enjoy it, do not let it get away the fist time you switch modes to stunt flight.

More
18 Mar 2014 20:57 #21652 by manuwind
Thank you for your reply Waterfly.
So the direct connection is only possible with a futaba transmitter, isn't it?
I will purchase the receiver, a Lemon receiver for example?
The finish of the heli is much better than the MCPX BL. I hope to try it soon.
A lot of doubts will appear when doing the configuration, but this is the next step.
I will give you my own experience.
cheers!

More
18 Mar 2014 21:39 #21654 by Waterfly
You are correct, you do not need the satellite if you are binding with certain Futaba TX.
I do not know what the Lemmon is, but be sure it works with DSMX or DSM2.
It will not work with DSMS.
As far as programming, I just copied John's file in the same thread.
The 150 is wild, even at 80% trottle. You sure will enjoy it, you need to get used to it so you will not break it.

More
18 Mar 2014 21:46 #21655 by manuwind
Thank you again.
I will let you know about my experience.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds