Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
31 Aug 2017 17:23 #64077 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic New TX from Banggood
If a touch screen is a option it needs to be a real touch screen not one of the pressure touch screens...Needs to be a capacative touch screen allowing the user to swipe and scroll using there fingers ect...Just like the ones on smart phones now days..:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2017 20:56 #64082 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: they will send sample TX to 8 developers on your list

I strongly suggest they also send a sample to RoGuE_StreaK, he's a vital part of the deviation community and... and... just send me one, OK?!

More
31 Aug 2017 23:53 #64083 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood

PhracturedBlue wrote: dc59,
Can you ask them whether they have a USB bootloader installed in the firmware? Otherwise, it makes it much harder for an end-user to update their device.

I have connected USB to T8SG and copy my 7e-256 model files into T8SG, I think it's same as devo7e-256! but I will confirm it with maker again.

More
01 Sep 2017 00:07 #64084 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New TX from Banggood
That just means they are using my usb filesystem code (which is expected). the question is how you update the firmware version.
I hope they didn't take Walkera's stupid bootlader I honestly doubt they did, as it would say 'Walkera' on it.

More
01 Sep 2017 00:15 #64086 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: That just means they are using my usb filesystem code (which is expected). the question is how you update the firmware version.
I hope they didn't take Walkera's stupid bootlader I honestly doubt they did, as it would say 'Walkera' on it.

I will try to update firmware after work. :)
BTW, would you please PM me your information for sample TX shipping?
Thank you!

More
01 Sep 2017 05:45 #64088 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic New TX from Banggood

PhracturedBlue wrote: That just means they are using my usb filesystem code (which is expected). the question is how you update the firmware version.

Maybe this is the time to finally write our own bootloader. I know you refrained from doing so to make it possible to downgrade from deviation to Walkera firmware, but having the option to flash our own bl (and as such freeing memory for devo7e users) sounds nice. I wonder how many users actually went back to Walkeras fw.... But we're off topic now.

More
01 Sep 2017 07:36 #64090 by dc59

RoGuE_StreaK wrote:

dc59 wrote: they will send sample TX to 8 developers on your list

I strongly suggest they also send a sample to RoGuE_StreaK, he's a vital part of the deviation community and... and... just send me one, OK?!

Sorry for miss your reply, I will discuss with them soon!

More
01 Sep 2017 09:01 #64091 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic New TX from Banggood
Subscribed, @dc59 I sent my address in PM on rcgroups ;)

More
01 Sep 2017 10:26 #64093 by dc59

goebish wrote: Subscribed, @dc59 I sent my address in PM on rcgroups ;)

I've got your PM,thanks!

More
01 Sep 2017 13:51 #64096 by dc59

I downloaded NB Sep. 1 and try to update to T8SG with Walkera upgrade tool and got some problem.
1, When I entered upgrade procedure I got all dark screen.

2, It can upgrade FW with Wakera upgrade tool without problem,but after upgrade , I got inverted screen .... :(

I think they use Walkera bootloader , the problem about screen come from different LCD driver.
Is it correct PB?
Attachments:

More
01 Sep 2017 13:52 #64097 by PhracturedBlue

Moeder wrote:

Maybe this is the time to finally write our own bootloader. I know you refrained from doing so to make it possible to downgrade from deviation to Walkera firmware, but having the option to flash our own bl (and as such freeing memory for devo7e users) sounds nice. I wonder how many users actually went back to Walkeras fw.... But we're off topic now.

On the 7e, we would get a very small amount of space back I think. We would still want to enable the screen and indicate that we're in boot mode, and we would want to use USB for the transfer. Those two tasks take quite a bit of memory. Maybe we could save a page of memory, but I'm not sure. Making use of it would be hard, because not every transmitter would use our bootloader, so we'd then need new targets just for this special case. Lastly, installing the bootloader is fraught with danger. You need a install a program which then installs the bootloader. If something goes wrong, it requires special equipment to restore. I just don't see there being enough benefits to warrant it.

More
01 Sep 2017 14:17 #64098 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic New TX from Banggood
I have no experience with this stuff,so leave this up to you (and the clone manufacturer). Still I'll help wherever I can.

More
01 Sep 2017 14:28 #64099 by PhracturedBlue

dc59 wrote: I downloaded NB Sep. 1 and try to update to T8SG with Walkera upgrade tool and got some problem.
1, When I entered upgrade procedure I got all dark screen.

2, It can upgrade FW with Wakera upgrade tool without problem,but after upgrade , I got inverted screen .... :(

I think they use Walkera bootloader , the problem about screen come from different LCD driver.
Is it correct PB?

Appears so. what is the upgrade procedure for this tx? Does it detect as a '7e' in the walkera uploader?

Do you want me to try to build you a firmware using their driver to get it so your screen is the right way around?

We might recommend that they not use walkera's bootloader, but if they are about to ship, it may be too late. As I mentioned above, it isn't as easy to change last minute.

More
01 Sep 2017 14:30 - 01 Sep 2017 15:25 #64100 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood
dc59 can you test build with LCD code corrected to T8SG?

File deleted
Last edit: 01 Sep 2017 15:25 by vlad_vy.

More
01 Sep 2017 14:35 - 01 Sep 2017 14:35 #64101 by goebish
I also suggest they replace the bootloader ...
Couldn't we use this one: github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/Arduino_STM32/wiki/Bootloader ?
That's what the stm32 multi-module is using.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2017 14:35 by goebish.

More
01 Sep 2017 14:47 #64102 by PhracturedBlue

goebish wrote: I also suggest they replace the bootloader ...
Couldn't we use this one: github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/Arduino_STM32/wiki/Bootloader ?
That's what the stm32 multi-module is using.

Probably they could. It may need modification to detect bootloader mode ('m not sure having never played with it). It would require disabling the dfu encryption and a different firmware installer. In all it would likely slip their schedule to get it all working smoothly. I assume they've already done a production run, so almost certainly not going to happen on the 1st batch. If you do it on the 2nd batch, you now have incompatible installation procedures. i.e. a mess. It would have been nice had we been able to engage earlier in the process, a few low-cost changes could have smoothed out a lot of rough edges.

More
01 Sep 2017 15:16 #64103 by dc59

vlad_vy wrote: dc59 can you test build with LCD code corrected to T8SG?

Attachment not found

Thanks vlad_vy, but it didn't work, I still got inverted screen ....:(

More
01 Sep 2017 15:23 #64104 by dc59

PhracturedBlue wrote: Appears so. what is the upgrade procedure for this tx? Does it detect as a '7e' in the walkera uploader?

Do you want me to try to build you a firmware using their driver to get it so your screen is the right way around?

We might recommend that they not use walkera's bootloader, but if they are about to ship, it may be too late. As I mentioned above, it isn't as easy to change last minute.

I get this screen when I upgrade firmware with walkera tools

Is it detected as 7e by Walkera uploader?

I'll try to contact with them about bootloader change issue.
Attachments:

More
01 Sep 2017 15:34 - 01 Sep 2017 15:39 #64105 by goebish
Replacing the USB bootloader requires some work on Deviation, that's not just a matter of burning another one.
I could have a look at that but probably not before October.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2017 15:39 by goebish.

More
01 Sep 2017 19:47 #64108 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New TX from Banggood
If we can replace the Walkera bootloader and have a copy of it available, then we can put it back with the same process used to replace it. It does make going back harder, but is certainly possible.

IIRC, the Arduino_STM32 bootloader is timing based. After either a hardware reset or one of the USART control flow pins toggling (DTR?), it watches for a signal on the USB serial comm for a few seconds. If that happens, it goes into the dfu loading process. Otherwise, it jumps into application code. Not really what we want. I believe the dfu loader proper is from an ST Micro app note that provides a sample dfu bootloader, by way of the Maple project.

I'm pretty sure using a different bootloader would require a different build, or at least our own custom dfuse program to take care of the Walkera code obfuscation that the Walkera bootloader currently handles. Personally, I'd rather go with more builds - let's let people use standard dfuse tools.

If you really wanted to save bootloader space, the STM32F103 ROM bootloader enables the STM32 protocol on USART1, which is what the trainer port connects to. That would require hardware mods to activate the ROM bootloader, hardware mods to the trainer port which break Walkera's detection of the trainer cable, and that code doesn't use the screen. I think the µcu upgrade is probably a better option.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds