Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
08 Sep 2017 23:11 #64295 by joohaky
Replied by joohaky on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote:

joshthebox wrote: I think I'm going to pull the trigger and buy this one. Just a question... are the gimbals as good as the 7e's? Thanks

Gimbals of T8SG is worse than Devo7E at this moment , there is no bearing , but it will be released a new version with hall sensor gimbals.

Then, is currently being sold coming with bad gimbals?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2017 10:15 #64298 by ltwvince
Replied by ltwvince on topic New TX from Banggood
Should be selling with the bad gimbal since BG had the stock before any improvement made. Just hope the USB port is relocated at least if not the first thing to mod will be the USB port since I managed to grab one during the snap-up for $66.99 and it marked as shipped. Hopefully I will get it in a week time.

More
10 Sep 2017 01:45 #64309 by CityZen
Replied by CityZen on topic New TX from Banggood
I wonder what the unused connector labelled PC-GAME on the board is for?

More
10 Sep 2017 05:14 #64310 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood

CityZen wrote: I wonder what the unused connector labelled PC-GAME on the board is for?

It's connect to trainer port, you can find the picture at this post.
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...ggood?start=20#63956

More
12 Sep 2017 05:06 #64339 by dc59
Jumper wants to use capacitive touch screen on next TX, is it OK for deviaton support?

More
12 Sep 2017 05:17 - 12 Sep 2017 05:22 #64340 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood
I'm not sure that there is any sense to use 128x64x1 touch screen. Even with bigger screen it's inconveniently without stylus integrated inside Tx body (Devo 8, Devo 12).
Last edit: 12 Sep 2017 05:22 by vlad_vy.

More
12 Sep 2017 05:24 #64341 by dc59

vlad_vy wrote: I'm not sure that there is any sense to use 128x64x1 touch screen.

Sorry for misunderstanding, they want to use a bigger size ,higher resolution touch screen , something like Futaba 18MZ but smaller than that one, not 128x64 resolution.

More
12 Sep 2017 05:38 #64342 by vlad_vy
At that case they need to supply stylus integrated into Tx body as for Devo 8 and Devo 12. Any external stylus can be lost with easy.

More
12 Sep 2017 05:54 #64343 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New TX from Banggood

dc59 wrote: Jumper wants to use capacitive touch screen on next TX, is it OK for deviaton support?

In general, it isn't an issue. The resolution is important to know since if it isn't one of the supported resolutions, we may need to do more work. We currently support 320x240 and 480x272 with touch in full color. With any other resolution we will need to tweak the screen layout which may take some time. They will also need to provide either specs or code for the display driver and touch sensor. Depending on the resolution/display, they may also need a separate display buffer RAM to hold the image.

More
12 Sep 2017 06:19 #64344 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic New TX from Banggood
Would be interesting to see how capacitive would work with the current colour layout; not sure if the stylus is only really required because it's hard to get the resistive screens to register your finger, and fingernails are a bit hard to precisely position. If for example the capacitive screen / coding registered the center of the fingertip rather than a certain extremity (eg. top left?) then the current system may well be usable.
Has anyone actually made a capacitive-equipped devo?

More
12 Sep 2017 06:36 #64346 by vlad_vy
The most popular Deviation transmitters are Devo 7e and Devo 10. So, I think color and touch screen is not very valuable feature.

More
12 Sep 2017 06:46 #64347 by ajtank
Replied by ajtank on topic New TX from Banggood
I will not consider any colour LCD if it is not sun-viewable.

More
12 Sep 2017 06:49 #64348 by dc59
Jumper sent me a digital hall sensor data sheet , could it be supported by Deviation firmware?

File Attachment:

File Name: MLX90393-D...exis.zip
File Size:585 KB
Attachments:

More
12 Sep 2017 07:58 - 12 Sep 2017 08:19 #64350 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New TX from Banggood
That interesting, that would be, to my knowledge the first "completely digital radio" without any analog path.
As far as I know other transmitters out, use hall sensor then a signal 0-3v3 goes into adc pin at the CPU.

But this is a datasheet for a tri-axis sensor, we need single axis hall sensors?

Just quickly did some search f.I. Allegro a1335, spi single axis sensor, but this stuff is so advanced, f.i. even trim and calibration parameters for temperature and also curve linearization calibrations etc, are possible to store and setup in the hall chip.......

I have no idea what is used in servo's currently, I assume just ordinairy analog out hall....
Last edit: 12 Sep 2017 08:19 by Fernandez.

More
12 Sep 2017 09:38 #64352 by vlad_vy
The drawback will be impossibility to use stick with other transmitters, and sell the stick by itself.

More
12 Sep 2017 09:57 #64353 by dready
Replied by dready on topic New TX from Banggood

SeByDocKy wrote: Damned BG just canceled the order I had saying they can ship it to France :( :( ;...

Strange, mine is still on the way
Attachments:

More
12 Sep 2017 10:35 #64354 by llinde
Replied by llinde on topic New TX from Banggood

dready wrote:

SeByDocKy wrote: Damned BG just canceled the order I had saying they can ship it to France :( :( ;...

Strange, mine is still on the way

Mine is also on the way to the Netherlands, it looks like it is shipped with bpost, so I see no reason why it cannot be shipped to France....

More
12 Sep 2017 10:35 #64355 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood

vlad_vy wrote: The most popular Deviation transmitters are Devo 7e and Devo 10. So, I think color and touch screen is not very valuable feature.

I prefer the touch screen interface of my DEVO 8 to the button based one of my DEVO 12E.
If I need to configure a new model, or tweak the settings, I always pick up the 8...

More
12 Sep 2017 10:36 #64356 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic New TX from Banggood
Mine should be here (France) by Thursday according to DHL tracking, but it doesn't come from banggood ...

More
12 Sep 2017 10:51 #64357 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic New TX from Banggood

vlad_vy wrote: The most popular Deviation transmitters are Devo 7e and Devo 10. So, I think color and touch screen is not very valuable feature.

Personally I'd say the major reason behind that is cost, and that you'd find very few that have gone from using a 6/8/12 that have gone back to a 7E or 10.

If possible I think the "best" compromise would be a high-contrast OLED, say 3 or 4 colours should suffice, with at least the resolution of the Devo colour screens; primarily for fitting more of the menu options onscreen. To me this is the biggest pitfall of the B&W devos running deviation, too much scrolling up/down and, which for a newbie to deviation means a big disconnect in grasping the concepts as it's a lot harder to see how things combine together.
This would likely need yet another interface design, somewhere between the B&W and the colour, but if you work off the layout of the colour with some styling elements from the B&W I think it could result in a high-contrast sun-readable interface that's more intuitive.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds