Jumper T8SG - First TX stock running on Deviation

More
12 Sep 2017 10:55 #64358 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic New TX from Banggood
Because it was an error of the CS ... Now it has been reshipped .... but more or less via the slowpost too :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2017 11:32 - 12 Sep 2017 11:35 #64359 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New TX from Banggood

FDR wrote:

vlad_vy wrote: The most popular Deviation transmitters are Devo 7e and Devo 10. So, I think color and touch screen is not very valuable feature.

I prefer the touch screen interface of my DEVO 8 to the button based one of my DEVO 12E.
If I need to configure a new model, or tweak the settings, I always pick up the 8...

I prefer the color touch screen of my Devo 8s also (Order Date: Monday, 30. July 2012). Now I have good collection of Devos: Devo 8s x2, Devo 12s, Devo F12E.
Last edit: 12 Sep 2017 11:35 by vlad_vy.

More
12 Sep 2017 12:20 #64361 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New TX from Banggood
Why not to introduce "stick navigation", I think could be a nice intuitive interface, with some options for fast and slow scrolling depending on stick percentage.
should work on any deviation TX.....

More
12 Sep 2017 13:01 #64362 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New TX from Banggood

vlad_vy wrote: The most popular Deviation transmitters are Devo 7e and Devo 10. So, I think color and touch screen is not very valuable feature.

I tend to agree with vlad. i think jumper would do well o figure out how to make the best possible tx for < $100. Adding large screens tends to be expensive, and I don't think it rings a lot of value. Honestly I think my ultimate 7e may be an almost perfect transmitter. I think it will be hard to compete with Taranis at the higher end. They should probably see how well they can sell at this end 1st. Also, they really need FCC certification to become a real player, and I would focus on that. I don't think many people in this thread have a good idea of what the features they are asking about will do to the cost, and I think cost will be the driving point in their sales until they can build a reputation.

More
12 Sep 2017 13:17 #64363 by PhracturedBlue

dc59 wrote: Jumper sent me a digital hall sensor data sheet , could it be supported by Deviation firmware?

Which SPI port would they use. We want to get stick feedback at reliable intervals, and I don't think the display or Tx SPI ports would be very reliable. But honestly, I haven't looked at the avaliable bandwidth recently. I would think they'll need to be careful there though. Also, I'm concerned about the performance of the Hall sensor. It isn't clear to me what the noise floor is for a 2-axis measurement, and how quickly measurements can be made with usable SNR. I would like to be able to read at ~50ms intervals with low noise (say >= 10bit accuracy). I can't tell from the spec if that can be done. Today we drive the ADC for stick position from the DMA interface. I don't think we can do that here (not 100% sure, haven't ever looked at doing SPI over DMA, but it doesn't seem likely), so that means more interrupts. That may get in the way of the radio timing (though I hope not. It looks like that hall sensor supports 10MHz operation. Assuming payloads are small, I think it'd be ok).
In short, adding support in Deviation probably isn't too hard, but getting reliable data often enough all depends on the sensor capabilities and connectivity to the MCU.

More
12 Sep 2017 13:19 #64364 by PhracturedBlue

Fernandez wrote: Why not to introduce "stick navigation", I think could be a nice intuitive interface, with some options for fast and slow scrolling depending on stick percentage.
should work on any deviation TX.....

Because losing stick control while playing with the menus seems really dangerous... I also think it wouldn't actually provide any benefit over the button interface

More
12 Sep 2017 13:43 #64365 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic New TX from Banggood

PhracturedBlue wrote: Because losing stick control while playing with the menus seems really dangerous... I also think it wouldn't actually provide any benefit over the button interface

I agree with PB. Also, they already optimized the button layout to a classical up/ down/ left/ right control instead of walkeras weird button layout (even after years it still does not feel natural to me :whistle:)

More
12 Sep 2017 17:46 - 12 Sep 2017 17:48 #64370 by vlad_vy
Frsky M9-gimbal use A1392 Hall sensors

File Attachment:

File Name: A1392.pdf
File Size:411 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Sep 2017 17:48 by vlad_vy.

More
12 Sep 2017 18:39 #64371 by vlad_vy
Jeti gimbal use TLE4998P3 Hall sensors (with PWM output)

More
12 Sep 2017 23:04 #64372 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic New TX from Banggood

PhracturedBlue wrote: I don't think many people in this thread have a good idea of what the features they are asking about will do to the cost, and I think cost will be the driving point in their sales until they can build a reputation.

I don't think they need a large screen as such, just higher resolution, and some high-contrast multi-colour would be a good selling point over just backlit B&W. Costing for such an OLED should be in the order of about $5. As to whether it's touch-enabled, I haven't looked into the pricing there.

Another option for navigation/programming is a rotary encoder, click to lock onto or release the current focus, rotate to either navigate if released or edit if locked? I like the idea of being able to either rapidly fling through numbers/nav, or go slow for fine adjustments. About a buck at retail pricing.

More
13 Sep 2017 01:06 #64373 by ajtank
Replied by ajtank on topic New TX from Banggood

RoGuE_StreaK wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: I don't think many people in this thread have a good idea of what the features they are asking about will do to the cost, and I think cost will be the driving point in their sales until they can build a reputation.

I don't think they need a large screen as such, just higher resolution, and some high-contrast multi-colour would be a good selling point over just backlit B&W. Costing for such an OLED should be in the order of about $5. As to whether it's touch-enabled, I haven't looked into the pricing there.

Another option for navigation/programming is a rotary encoder, click to lock onto or release the current focus, rotate to either navigate if released or edit if locked? I like the idea of being able to either rapidly fling through numbers/nav, or go slow for fine adjustments. About a buck at retail pricing.

I am not fond of the cheap OLED's as their brightness will drop drastically after 1 to 2 years' use.

More
13 Sep 2017 04:51 - 13 Sep 2017 05:32 #64375 by vlad_vy

vlad_vy wrote: Frsky M9-gimbal use A1392 Hall sensors

File Attachment:

File Name: A1392.pdf
File Size:411 KB

Also, you need ring magnet, diametrically magnetized. It looks like Hall sensor without magnet has half voltage output. So, magnet need to be placed with poles in parallel with Hall sensor. For stick reverse you need rotate magnet 180 degrees. It's confirmed with Frsky M9 gimbal. At Frsky M9 gimbal the magnet mounted on the gimbal axis with screw and concave spring washer.

How to convert ordinary gimbal to Hall sensor:

File Attachment:

File Name: Conversion...sors.pdf
File Size:1,617 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Sep 2017 05:32 by vlad_vy.

More
14 Sep 2017 04:53 #64385 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic New TX from Banggood
Could it be used on Deviation TX?
160x128 1.69" Full Color PM OLED | SEPS525

More
14 Sep 2017 06:45 #64387 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood
I'd say it's too small...

More
14 Sep 2017 06:55 #64388 by vlad_vy
I read that the OLED screens have a short lifespan. About 1 year in 7/24 mode.

More
14 Sep 2017 06:57 #64389 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New TX from Banggood
Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't fly in 7/24... ;)

More
14 Sep 2017 08:29 #64391 by Phobos
Replied by Phobos on topic New TX from Banggood
dc59, could you measure the size of the battery compartment? I wonder if I could fit two 18650 cells in there :)

More
14 Sep 2017 09:34 #64393 by dc59

Phobos wrote: dc59, could you measure the size of the battery compartment? I wonder if I could fit two 18650 cells in there :)

Max battery size is 95*30*16 , two 18650 cells can not be fit in battery compartment !

More
14 Sep 2017 09:43 - 14 Sep 2017 09:44 #64394 by dc59
Modified USB port............. picture from Jumper!
Deviation developers will get this version of T8SG , due to this PCB board delay ,Jumper will ship T8SG few days later , sorry!

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Sep 2017 09:44 by dc59.

More
14 Sep 2017 11:40 - 14 Sep 2017 12:57 #64395 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic New TX from Banggood
I just got mine from Jumper (I'm not sure that's thanks to you dc59, so please don't send a 2nd one, I don't need it ;)) but the USB connector is as on the 1st page, I've to disassemble the transmitter to access it, not very convenient.

I've noticed a few stuffs that need to be fixed:
- AIL & RUD directions are reversed compared to Walkera transmitters
- VBat reading is inaccurate (actual = 8.23V, read = 8.35V) , they should use better accuracy resistors for the divider, or we should add a ratio/offset calibration parameter to Deviation (same as OpenTX).

The gimbals feel not that bad, but I think they'll wear out fast.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2017 12:57 by goebish.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds