Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
03 May 2016 17:05 #47681 by ketsa
Replied by ketsa on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Maybe some Chinese shop should start delivering a copy of the 7E with more memory, updates to whatever is needed. . . :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2016 17:54 #47684 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
there is at least one taobao seller to provide a 7e with all the mods in the moment(diode mod ,two 3 position switches & rf modules).
i don't think there is any technical issues for him to replace the MCU as well.
but this move to be meaningful, i think this community should decide out which mcu and the willingness to provide a build for this enhanced 7e along with every deviation update in the future.

More
03 May 2016 18:16 #47688 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
That's a very nice idea. Considering that people copy bodies from each other almost without changes, it's just a matter of time someone feels the need in small nice universal TX and copy 7E body, but fill it with reasonable board. But it's hard to do for reasonable price.

In theory the board can be produced separately, but for this to be profitable the Devo popularity is small. There were replacement boards for Flysky/Turnigy TXs, but their added value was higher (these TXs as far as I understand initially are quite weak), and the price is not insignificant.

I believe that current 7E price is around $60 because they're selling the last of stock and are not going to restart production. So to maintain comparable quality and add extra switches and new MCU the real price would be closer to $100.

More
03 May 2016 20:07 - 03 May 2016 20:17 #47694 by tcaudill01
Replied by tcaudill01 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

wasp09 wrote: I fed the extra RF modules on a totally separated supply instead of using the original. My devo 7e had a screen corruption then a reset when it ran KN. The voltage reading on screen was way off (showing higher voltage than the 2S I fed it with as the voltage reference dropped too long.)

In a way, even if something goes wrong with the extra RF modules, the control should survive. The total capacity is somewhat 1A on top of the original 150mA, I guess.

BTW, are you sure that the switching regulator would not interfere with the radio section?

Well, I added a 3.3V linear regulator onto the main power line and fed this output into the 3-in-1 to see how it worked prior to making a permanent install. Exact same result..........
Also disconnected the original antennae and tried both an auxiliary 2.4G and the one from the DEVO10 RF module. They both also gave the same result.
I'm starting to think that the problem must be with the module itself. Either the A7105 isn't properly connected to the signal output amp (doubtful) or the output amp isn't working.
Looks like I will have to purchase another module :(
Last edit: 03 May 2016 20:17 by tcaudill01. Reason: Added quote

More
03 May 2016 22:49 #47702 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
here's the pic's of the 3in1 i received today, this one was shipped on april 23rd by banggood after being out of stock for a few weeks, but from what i can see show's no differences than the pics for near the start of the thread so it most likely still has the same issues

More
03 May 2016 23:49 #47704 by StevePropHead
Replied by StevePropHead on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Please...please...please...Revision letters on the 3-in-1 (and 4-in-1) modules...gotta have them. Just have to. A board that's in development and is understood to be going through revisions MUST have identifying characteristics on them of some sort. Obviously the best bet and clearest communication for everyone is a printed rev. letter. PLEASE press the manufacturer for revision letters on ALL boards starting now and going forward.

But as we don't currently have that yet, is there anyone who has been involved with this thread and/or development of this board in any way that can point us towards even one, tiny identifying characteristic between the original 3-in-1 board and this supposed 2nd revision (circa April'15-ish?) 3-in-1 board? We desperately need to know what it is we're installing in our TXs and what known problems we'll need to address (or at least be aware of).

thanks all!

More
03 May 2016 23:53 #47705 by kahuna001
Replied by kahuna001 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

Left original Rev and Right Current.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Attachments:

More
04 May 2016 14:19 #47730 by wasp09
Replied by wasp09 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
F4 can't be deviated, can it?

More
04 May 2016 14:41 #47731 by TheSFReader
Replied by TheSFReader on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Wasp, not officially, no. But there's Work In Progress for it cf www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...or-devo-f4?start=220

More
04 May 2016 14:41 - 04 May 2016 14:42 #47732 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
It can, but it is not yet in the official release, because it is still experimental and mostly untested, however the nightly builds do contain it.
Last edit: 04 May 2016 14:42 by FDR.

More
04 May 2016 15:14 #47737 by HappyHarry

kahuna001 wrote:
Left original Rev and Right Current.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

yeah exactly the same, I'm gojng to stick with 3 seperate modules for now, hopefully the issues will be fixed in later revisions, or I'll try and make room for a 4in1 lol

More
04 May 2016 15:34 - 04 May 2016 16:14 #47744 by wasp09
Probably a dumb question. Would anybody have a schema of 3 in 1?

That may solve the mystery of why it does/did not work. On the 4 in 1, there are PA control leads, but not on the 3 in 1. How do we merge all the RF in and out together on the 3 in 1? Do we have a switch, control by FW?

Please note A7105 has in and out on separated pins but CC2500 and nRF24L01 have in and out on the same 2 pins.

The small chip below the PA, X2401C, is probably the switch. The bigger one on the left may be the one controlling the switch. Can't see the marking on those 2.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The 3 in 1 actually has these pins:

3 PAEN input PA Enable, with internal pull-ups, not connect
4 LANEN input LNA Enable, with internal pull-ups,not connect

The X2401C would require something to tell it to switch the direction, i.e. to use PA or to use LNA.. Can we really leave them unconnected? Shouldn't we need LNA for telemetry sometimes?
Last edit: 04 May 2016 16:14 by wasp09.

More
04 May 2016 17:05 #47751 by HappyHarry
those 2 chips have been purposefully scraped so as to stop identification i'm afraid, and iirc dc59 asked for a schematic and was refused by the seller, which he is well within his rights to do so, on both accounts

More
04 May 2016 17:16 - 04 May 2016 17:54 #47752 by wasp09
Usually we tie TXEN of X2401C to VDD_PA of nRF24L01 to control the direction... and TXEN and RXEN of X2401 to Gxx on the CC2500, if we don't lead Gxx off board... (We probably use GIO1/2 on A7105 to control direction...)

How do we control the direction of X2401C on 3 in 1? Where exactly are PAEN and LNAEN connected to on the 3 in 1? If they are supposed to be controlled by devo manually, then we have to find some spare ports on the MCU of devo and add some code to deviation to make the 3 in 1 work properly.
Last edit: 04 May 2016 17:54 by wasp09.

More
04 May 2016 17:52 #47753 by StevePropHead

Slammer wrote: I know this may not be the place for this but i have two brand new 3 in 1 modules that just came in from BG if someone is interested please PM me. I am no longer going to make the mods to my devo 12s or my devo 10.....if anyone is interested in a Devo 12s no mods flashed with deviation let know and we can discuss out side of this thread.

Slammer, I PM'd you over a week ago when you posted above, but it says you still haven't read my message. Check out my PM and get back to me.
-Steve

More
04 May 2016 20:39 - 04 May 2016 20:41 #47772 by StevePropHead

ketsa wrote:

mwm wrote: " We're already going to drop (at least temporarily) new development for the 7E

I just canceled my order for a 7E after reading this, and I'm not spending 200$+ on a tx and mods, what are my options on a budget ?

For right now I just want a better tx for my toy grade quads, I might start some hobby grade builds later.

$121 for a white Devo10 from Banggood (via free Priority Direct Mail 6-9 business days)
www.banggood.com/Walkera-Devention-DEVO-...mitter-p-918781.html

$31 for the 2nd batch 3-in-1 RF module from Banggood (via $1.89 Priority Direct Mail 6-9 business days)
www.banggood.com/CC2500-NRF24L01-A7105-M...itter-p-1046304.html

So in total you're looking at $152 plus some minor odds and ends like wire, tools, connectors/pins, shrink tube (all stuff you'll likely use in future projects anyway, so can't really count that). That's one heck of a Tx with the ability to fly a HUGE portion of the birds out there (and the list increases almost daily!) At first I could barely convince myself to spend anywhere near $100 for a Tx. But when I realized how handicapped nearly every other Tx out there is, and comparing that against what you get for your $152, I think it's the very best value per dollar. And if really couldn't scrape together the $121 for the Devo10, I guarantee I'd have gone for the $60 7e--despite it's more cramped case and it's inherent limitations vs. the 10--and I'd still be leaps and bounds more capable and utilitarian than any other Tx path.

IMO...
-Steve
Last edit: 04 May 2016 20:41 by StevePropHead.

More
04 May 2016 21:29 #47778 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

wasp09 wrote: I haven't looked into the 6S. I am not a fan of touch colour screen when it is expensive. :) My 7E came with a 6S RF module, that may imply the devo 6S was also a reduced version for Walkera to grade its product line. Not too many shops carry 6S, can't even find it on ebay.

The 6S uses the exact same RF module as the 8, 10 and 12. Nuts, I even swapped the ones in my 10 and 6S at one point. Running stock firmware, it's a 6-channel radio, as compared to the 7-channel 7E. I think what they did to grade the product line was put in the color touch screen to justify a price higher than the 10 even with that restriction. And left off the extra switches so it didn't cannibalize the 8s.

If you really want one, try the RCGroups list of places that stock it: www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t...devo+6s#post34334821 You might also check the want ads there - there are some listed that aren't listed as sold.

The touch screen - once I found the stylus - works ok. If the deviation button navigation support were more complete, it'd be fine. Visibility outdoors has issues, even with a high-contract black & white theme.

But you get something that's already got all the upgrades a 7E can handle, including the mcu upgrade. And it has better quality gimbals as well. Since I mostly used the 7E and now the 6S indoors, the screen contrast is a price I'm more than willing to pay for those upgrades.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 May 2016 00:38 #47786 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

HappyHarry wrote: those 2 chips have been purposefully scraped so as to stop identification i'm afraid, and iirc dc59 asked for a schematic and was refused by the seller, which he is well within his rights to do so, on both accounts

You are right, I can't get 3in1 / 4in1 schematic from TaoBao seller.

More
05 May 2016 00:54 #47789 by YJ
Replied by YJ on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I've noticed that the 3n1 module draws about 37mA quiesnt current. When in 100mW 2500 mode, the current increases to about 74mA; in 7105 mode, around 110mA. In both cases the power consumption delta is around or greater 100mW - makes sense since the module is transmitting at "100mW".

What bothers me is that, in 24L01 mode, hisky protocol, the current draw is merely 42mA (a delta of 5mA). I don't know how the module could be emitting at 100mW? On the other hand, when choosing KN protocol (still using 24L01), the current jumps to around 130mA, similar to the above 2500/7105 cases.

Any idea why the 24L01 module only draws 5mA extra (compared to when not transmitting at all) @100mW?

Note the current is measured at VDD of the 3n1 module.

More
05 May 2016 01:44 #47790 by wasp09
On standalone RF modules, the PA (external or internal) were fed only when the module is transmitting. Hence the average output can be less than what you would expected, And the supply is 3.3V, it only takes 33mA to consume 100mW if the TX is 100% effective, We can't get 100% efficiency though.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds