New deviation logo

More
04 Mar 2013 16:04 #7340 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic New deviation logo

domcars0 wrote: As PB I'm not really fan of the red, even for the 'ia', but I'm sure it needs a touch of color ... (Grrrrrr.. een? :blush: )

I don't insist on the red letters, I just wanted to emphasize the only two letters difference from devention...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2013 16:18 - 04 Mar 2013 16:21 #7341 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic New deviation logo

FDR wrote: I don't insist on the red letters, I just wanted to emphasize the only two letters difference from devention...

OK FDR you are forgiven :angry:
Heli + Plane , I don't feel it .. this is too 'busy'. May be we can have 2 logos? One with a plane and one with an heli?
The heli is much more funny than the plane, and more in the 'spirit' of the logo with this fonts.

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:
Last edit: 04 Mar 2013 16:21 by domcars0.

More
04 Mar 2013 16:42 - 04 Mar 2013 16:45 #7342 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic New deviation logo

FDR wrote: Well, it was a bit harder:

WIN! Love it... I like the red too.

The plane and heli could be interchangeable so to speak.. If for example I wanted to print a sticker I could cut out which ever one I wanted...

Great job.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 04 Mar 2013 16:45 by Hexperience.

More
04 Mar 2013 17:07 - 04 Mar 2013 17:15 #7344 by Hexperience
I really wish I could concentrate on my work.. I know I'm going to get fired sooner or later... :evil:

FDR, you could do new default icons to!! ;)

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Mar 2013 17:15 by Hexperience.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
04 Mar 2013 17:13 #7345 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic New deviation logo
I like it too but the red is not perfect in my eyes. Having two versions in respect to personal preferences for flying objects is a good idea too, maybe better than having two icons there (and a third for the quad flyer?).
But what I don't like is the gap in the mirrored text where the ia should be... hardly to see.

More
04 Mar 2013 19:07 #7347 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New deviation logo
Nice. can you put the plane to the left of the 'deviation', remove the 'definetly different' and see how it looks?
Also I'd be interested in seeing it without the red 'ia' which doesn't seem to have much meaning.

I don't mean to be a back-seat driver. When I get some free time, I'll play with it myself.

More
04 Mar 2013 19:29 #7348 by FDR
Here you are, however I did it the other way, because it looked better:

Attachments:

More
04 Mar 2013 19:37 - 04 Mar 2013 19:40 #7349 by Hexperience
One thing is for sure... no one will mistake that font for Walkeras...
I know nothing about fonts, but is it possible to actually use that font on the devo8 or devo12?

Last edit: 04 Mar 2013 19:40 by Hexperience.

More
04 Mar 2013 19:39 #7350 by FDR

Hexperience wrote: One thing is for sure... no one will mistake that font for Walkeras...

Yep, that was the primary goal...

More
04 Mar 2013 19:56 - 04 Mar 2013 19:57 #7351 by Hexperience
Sorry.. I was editing my post while you answered, what do you think about the fonts? It it possible to use it in the devo8 or 12? I'm pretty sure it's too detailed, but thought I would ask.

Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Mar 2013 19:57 by Hexperience.

More
04 Mar 2013 20:03 #7352 by FDR
It's the "Curlz MT", and it's an OpenType ttf with 68KB size.
It came with Photoshop, and probably it's licence prohibits using it elsewhere...

More
04 Mar 2013 22:18 #7361 by Hexperience
Just for fun... this is a mspaint markup... NOT in the code.. ;)

Attachments:

More
04 Mar 2013 23:01 #7362 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic New deviation logo
How are these non-block logos going to go on the monochrome displays of the 10 and 7E?

On that topic, are the displays only monochrome, are can they support greyscale? Was trying to create some model icons yesterday, very hard to do anything with purely black and white without antialiasing.

PS. I was going to say that a good program for comparing the look of the same text using all of your installed fonts is "FontLister", but I just redownloaded it and it doesn't seem to have the "compare all" function anymore! :angry: But if you can track down an old version, it was very good for this; just enter your text and you'd see it styled for every installed font in a big list.

More
05 Mar 2013 01:56 #7365 by PhracturedBlue

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: How are these non-block logos going to go on the monochrome displays of the 10 and 7E?

The displays are b&w not grey-scale. And thelogo likely won't go on those displays. the current logo isn't on the display either (even the devo8)

More
05 Mar 2013 03:27 #7366 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: Here you are, however I did it the other way, because it looked better:

I like this. But I'll sit on it for a bit and wait to see what others think.

More
05 Mar 2013 03:46 #7367 by LeDub
Replied by LeDub on topic New deviation logo
Its nice, for a fairytale, not a Tx. I think the curvy design is too "romantic" and doesn't really represent the product group.
Don't want offend, I just give my 2 cents.

More
05 Mar 2013 03:55 #7368 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New deviation logo
Nice picture, but too funny for my liking. It will be better to add semitransparent clouds around (or under) heli and plane.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
05 Mar 2013 06:41 #7373 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic New deviation logo
I like it too. It's funny, undoubtedly. But deviation is no product to sell, it is a project to have fun with - regardless of whether you develop or use. And we all take deviation seriously nevertheless.
The curls are a good picture to describe how the development is done - turning around while looking in any direction and getting closer to it. It is also a good allegory how the flight experiences grow... sometimes straight forward and then it ends in some too quick turns (this often happens to me at least).

More
05 Mar 2013 11:29 #7386 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic New deviation logo
I like it to but would prefer a more strict approach. And also only start with a font and then develop. Changing the lines and curves further to make it more personal and special.
I really love the heli and the way it forms the word "joi".

More
05 Mar 2013 15:36 #7389 by FDR
Some more vehicles:

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds