Blade 200QX

More
19 Jan 2015 17:08 #27851 by ogrope1
Replied by ogrope1 on topic Blade 200QX
Sorry I didnt' get back sooner. I have a problem when I fly outside where I loose control for a few seconds, I still have control on throttle so it feels like the gyros are not working(busted frame resulted from this). I am trying to isolate the problem and identify if its the radio or the esc. I have a nano qx coming in so I should find out where it comes from.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2015 17:26 - 19 Jan 2015 17:30 #27852 by RCHobbyBuddies
Replied by RCHobbyBuddies on topic Blade 200QX
I had that same problem with my 200qx, all the sudden no inputs would work, then snap back working, usually to late.. I performed the range MOD (Be-careful) and now it works great, even with my HubsanX4 at night I can go way past where i was able to go before.. It is a risky MOD so take your time and have a fine solder tip, i am a beginner solderer and with a third hand magnifying glass and fine tip I added the small wire to pass the diode. www.hacksmods.com/2013/04/walkera-devo-7...-increase-range-mod/
Last edit: 19 Jan 2015 17:30 by RCHobbyBuddies.

More
14 Feb 2015 16:51 #28670 by Morlandz
Replied by Morlandz on topic Blade 200QX
Hi,
I have been following this thread as I have a devo7e and a 200qx in the post.
I've got deviation running, installed a few modules, just got the range mod to do.

Could someone post the ini file I need for the 200qx and list what the controls are to get it in stagility mode etc.

I've seen the files earlier in this thread, but I don't understand what to do with them as I have only had to install ini files to fly my quads/helis in the past (WL V222, Hubsan x4, WL V911)

Im running deviation 4,0,0

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

More
14 Feb 2015 17:02 #28671 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blade 200QX
· Upgrade from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1.

· The devo7e isn't really up to flying something with as many controls as the 200QX presents. At least not stock. You don't need extra modules. But it has three flight modes, so you either need a 3-way switch or some way to fake it with two-way switches.

· I wrote a tutorial that walks you through creating a model.ini file for the 200QX . It's for the Devo10, but it points explains what everything does, and how it does it, and what you'll need to change if you want that feature on your Devo !10. It even shows you how to configure the throttle trims as an extra analog input if you want a dial for stagility.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
14 Feb 2015 17:37 #28673 by Morlandz
Replied by Morlandz on topic Blade 200QX
Thanks MWM,
I have checked and I am on 401 already.
I somehow missed a whole page of this thread with a basic ini file for the 7e that just has the 2 stability modes.
That will be fine for now I think, as I'm still a novice at flying :blink:

I've downloaded your tutorial for making ini flies and will put it into good practice.

Andy

More
18 Mar 2015 20:59 #29843 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic Dialable stagility mode
I tried this with my Devo 10 and it binds but I can't get the throttle to work. What is the secret?

More
19 Mar 2015 00:03 #29854 by mwm
First things first - make sure you've calibrated the Tx.

Then try the Blade FC init sequence. Make sure you're not in a low rates mode, are in the beginner flight mode, and throttle hold is off. Note that many of the 200QX model files are set up so that turning off throttle hold will try and init the FC, so either do that before you bind, with the props off, or make sure you don't have any appendages near the props!

Now, with the cyclic's centered, throttle at bottom, wiggle the rudder back and forth across it's full range a couple of times. That should init the FC, which will start the motors spinning, but not fast enough to take off.

If that doesn't work, then go to the channel monitor in the transmitter menu, and make sure that the channel output is responding to stick movement. If not, then something your config is wrong. If it is, then something in the hardware is busted.

More
19 Mar 2015 00:25 #29859 by nwoodschris
Replied by nwoodschris on topic Blade 200QX
It is stuck saying "TH" which I assume means throttle hold is on and I can't get it to turn off. I tried the channel monitor and it doesn't show throttle. However I switched to my nano qx config which works and it shows the throttle moving. So I think I need to figure out how to turn off the throttle hold. Any suggestions?

More
19 Mar 2015 00:47 #29861 by mwm

nwoodschris wrote: It is stuck saying "TH" which I assume means throttle hold is on and I can't get it to turn off. I tried the channel monitor and it doesn't show throttle. However I switched to my nano qx config which works and it shows the throttle moving. So I think I need to figure out how to turn off the throttle hold. Any suggestions?

Quick test: Go the the throttle channel settings - that's the channel name button, not the mix button in the mixer - and set the Safety switch to None. That will remote the throttle hold. If that works, come back and tell us what that was set to so we can figure out how to turn it off.

More
19 Mar 2015 01:29 #29864 by nwoodschris
I tried setting the safety to none and the TH is still active. I tried changing the safety to rudder and value of 1 but that didn't work either. Let me know if you want my nano qx ini file. I had 2 nano qx files and one didn't have throttle either but it would bind, the other works but not sure what is different between them.

More
19 Mar 2015 01:46 #29865 by nwoodschris
Ok I calibrated the sticks and apparently it wasn't going down to -100%. Now I can get it to throttle up. However the throttle hold (rudder switch) doesn't seem to kill the motors. Any suggestions on a fix for that?

More
19 Mar 2015 02:06 #29866 by mwm
First, turning off the safety won't change the TH icon behavior. It'll just change the throttle behavior. The two are tied to the same switch.

For the issue of not shutting off, Lower the safety value in the throttle channel settings. That just has to be enough lower, where enough can vary between aircraft and transmitters.

More
19 Mar 2015 21:00 #29905 by nwoodschris
I think I got it. At first somehow I set it to 0 and when I hit throttle hold it went soaring (luckily didn't crash!). I set it to -125% and works perfectly. Thank you MWM/Deviation. The dialable stagility is amazing. I have it dialed down but have accidentally almost flipped, still working up the courage to risk a flip. What about for 3d mode (I updated my firmware) - how do I get the rotors to spin backwards. I haven't changed out the blades and want to get comfortable flying/flipping before attempting it but want to know what to change for it.

More
20 Mar 2015 00:42 - 20 Mar 2015 00:45 #29910 by mwm
If you're flying in 3d mode (which means you went through the Blade bind dance to change modes), leave stagility dialed off. The intermediate mode is a sttagility mode. It gives you enough flight envelope to flip, but still auto levels in either orientation. The flight controller will reverse the blades as the throttle goes from high to low in intermediate and advanced modes, you don't need to do anything.

While I'm talking about it, in order to get the 200QX to bind in different modes, you have to bind with the throttle hold off and in high rate mode. Otherwise, it won't work.

Last edit: 20 Mar 2015 00:45 by mwm. Reason: add note about binding

More
03 Apr 2015 03:45 #30725 by Zoide
Replied by Zoide on topic Blade 200QX

mwm wrote: While I'm talking about it, in order to get the 200QX to bind in different modes, you have to bind with the throttle hold off and in high rate mode. Otherwise, it won't work.

Do you mean in green, purple, or white mode? I've tried to rebind with all three with throttle hold off while holding rudder left and right and I can't switch to/from 3D mode.

Thanks

More
03 Apr 2015 03:55 #30728 by mwm

Zoide wrote:

mwm wrote: While I'm talking about it, in order to get the 200QX to bind in different modes, you have to bind with the throttle hold off and in high rate mode. Otherwise, it won't work.

Do you mean in green, purple, or white mode? I've tried to rebind with all three with throttle hold off while holding rudder left and right and I can't switch to/from 3D mode.

None of the above. I'm talking about dual rates on the Tx. If you are in a low rate mode - so that the Tx doesn't transmit 100% at full throw, and it won't see it.

Having it init automatically makes it painful. With the Tx off, turn on the quad and let it go into bind mode. Now, with throttle hold on, turn on the Tx, let it come on, init the quad/turn off throttle hold, then go the the model setup and bind with the rudder stick held in position.

More
03 Apr 2015 04:40 #30731 by Zoide
Replied by Zoide on topic Blade 200QX

mwm wrote:

Zoide wrote:

None of the above. I'm talking about dual rates on the Tx. If you are in a low rate mode - so that the Tx doesn't transmit 100% at full throw, and it won't see it.

Having it init automatically makes it painful. With the Tx off, turn on the quad and let it go into bind mode. Now, with throttle hold on, turn on the Tx, let it come on, init the quad/turn off throttle hold, then go the the model setup and bind with the rudder stick held in position.

I can't get it to work.

Here's what I'm doing:

1. Turn on quad
2. Turn on Tx with throttle hold on
3. Turn off throttle hold. The quad's motors turn on.
4. Hold left or right rudder and re-bind from the menu.

The quad just goes a little crazy because of the full rudder, and the binding, rebinding. It acts as if I had crashed it or something, requiring me to turn throttle hold on/off a few times.

After all that, the 3D mode has not changed.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks

More
03 Apr 2015 17:22 #30755 by mwm
You missed the step of letting the quad go into bind mode before turning on the Tx. If the props turn on when you turn off throttle hold, then you're not going to rebind it, just reconnect to it.

Also, hold the rudder stick in position until the quad has reset and the LED gone solid. Not sure it's required, but mine worked properly this morning when I tried it, and it doesn't hurt.

More
03 Apr 2015 20:26 #30765 by nwoodschris
I tried reversing the throttle hold so RUD DR 0 is on and 1 is off. I changed the switch on page 3 of the Virt1 mixer to RUD DR1 and then changed the toggle switch so it goes off when it is in DR0 position. However the channel 1 display just gets stuck at whatever throttle it was on when the TH was released. Furthermore when I check the channel output monitor it doesn't move at all anymore even though the TH icon goes off. It just reads whatever number the display says (it seems to get "stuck" at the output that it is on when the sticky throttle hold processes and turns off). How do I fix this? I attached my file for review.
Attachments:

More
03 Apr 2015 20:34 #30767 by nwoodschris
I figured it out...had to change the switch in the throttle mixer to RUD DR0 as well. That seems to have done the trick!
Hope this helps someone else if they are trying to reverse the throttle hold on this config file!

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds