Blade 200QX

More
04 Jan 2015 17:25 - 04 Jan 2015 17:31 #27483 by ogrope1
Replied by ogrope1 on topic Blade 200QX
Yes that is correct, chanel 2 for aileron works like it should and so does channel 3 for elevator, but channel 5 is stuck at 100% on FMOD1 and set at 50% on FMOD0.
Maybe I can try and see if I can find someone on rcgroups with a 200qx and 7e to try it out, I have the feeling I am not going to be of a great help.
Last edit: 04 Jan 2015 17:31 by ogrope1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2015 20:03 #27488 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blade 200QX
Well, there's at least one other person here with a 7e & a 200. But frankly, I'm at a loss since it behaves as expected on the emulator.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 Jan 2015 21:33 #27489 by RCHobbyBuddies
Replied by RCHobbyBuddies on topic Blade 200QX
are you running the Nightlies, my file acted different until i went back to the nightly devo7e-v4.0.1-92e1705

More
04 Jan 2015 21:34 #27490 by RCHobbyBuddies
I am here, it nows sends me and email when a reply is made, check back soon

More
04 Jan 2015 21:47 #27492 by ogrope1

RCHobbyBuddies wrote: are you running the Nightlies, my file acted different until i went back to the nightly devo7e-v4.0.1-92e1705

Yes thats what I am running. So your aileron and elevator are not reversed? Did you try to get stagility working with that second ini. file?

More
04 Jan 2015 23:03 #27495 by RCHobbyBuddies
I haven't tried the 2nd file, Have a motor down till Coming Saturday. when i get home ill load the file and run through all I can with out actually lifting from the ground..

More
05 Jan 2015 11:51 #27507 by RCHobbyBuddies

mwm wrote: Something odd is going on. Let me upload the corrected model. On this one, I tested stagility mode more thoroughly. I can't really test the motor start sequence. I can't really test the motor start sequence, though.

This model.ini file for me FMODE 0 blue---LV +/- toggles icon but nothing else To
FMODE 1 RED----LV +/- tolles icon but nothing else (no light change, no bargraph changes etc,)

Motor start= Hold 1 & throttle stick down till beeps then right/left while still holding down until motors start.. FMODE 0 kill

Cant fly it yet, waiting on motor

More
05 Jan 2015 13:08 #27508 by ogrope1
Ok so now we know its not my radio, I am also able to start up motors with that same sequence.

More
05 Jan 2015 13:19 #27510 by mwm

RCHobbyBuddies wrote: This model.ini file for me FMODE 0 blue---LV +/- toggles icon but nothing else To
FMODE 1 RED----LV +/- tolles icon but nothing else (no light change, no bargraph changes etc,)

Motor start= Hold 1 & throttle stick down till beeps then right/left while still holding down until motors start.. FMODE 0 kill

Cant fly it yet, waiting on motor

LV on this model doesn't do anything. I probably should have removed the trim toggle.

The FMODE behavior (mostly?) matches what others are reporting. This is what confuses me, as I see different behavior in the channel output change.

Is saying "FMODE 0" possibly a typo? That should be HOLD 0 to kill. HOLD 1 should automatically init the motors, but that's a timing thing I can't test. It does work on my 10, though.

More
05 Jan 2015 13:25 #27511 by ogrope1
Yes I think its a typo. I get throttle kill on HOLD0 but HOLD1 doesnt' automatically start up the motors, I have to start them up with a stick sequence.

More
05 Jan 2015 15:51 - 05 Jan 2015 15:52 #27514 by RCHobbyBuddies
yes that is a typo, sorry,...When I first tried the original 200qx file I started this conversation with, when I hit HOLD1 the motors would start.. any file i have tried since then or when I changed the settings it went to stick sequence to start.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2015 15:52 by RCHobbyBuddies.

More
05 Jan 2015 16:33 #27515 by ogrope1
@mwm would you say its safe to fly with the file even though its not doing everything it is supposed to? I can only fly around on blue mode inside my house for now and dont' notice any odd behavior.

More
05 Jan 2015 16:36 #27516 by mwm
If the aircraft controls - cyclic, throttle and rudder - are behaving correctly, and throttle hold works, I'd say it's safe to fly with. That it doesn't correctly switch modes or autoinit shouldn't create problems during flight.

More
05 Jan 2015 16:47 #27518 by ogrope1
Ok thanks for the fast response. The way things are here I wont be out flying for a while, maybe by then you or someone else will be able to dial it in otherwise it will be my next excuse to get a new radio :whistle:

More
05 Jan 2015 18:21 #27519 by mwm

RCHobbyBuddies wrote: This model.ini file for me FMODE 0 blue---LV +/- toggles icon but nothing else To

Do FMODE and LV +/-work properly in the one I made for you?

More
05 Jan 2015 18:49 #27521 by mwm
For the init issue, try going to Model menu -> Mixer -> Enable (Complex), Switch to page 4, then down to Switch, and hit Right Arrow once to change it from HOLD1 to HOLD0. Then back up to save it.

I believe that will fix the init issues. Looks like a transcription error from the 10 (which doesn't have a HOLD switch).

More
06 Jan 2015 00:11 #27526 by RCHobbyBuddies
I would try the file we know is working like he made it which is the one I am using, if your controls are different with that file you will know it on your end because it behaves correctly on mine.. But if it does as supposed to you will know it is with the simulator...

More
06 Jan 2015 17:02 #27536 by ogrope1

mwm wrote: For the init issue, try going to Model menu -> Mixer -> Enable (Complex), Switch to page 4, then down to Switch, and hit Right Arrow once to change it from HOLD1 to HOLD0. Then back up to save it.

I believe that will fix the init issues. Looks like a transcription error from the 10 (which doesn't have a HOLD switch).

I confirm that this does fix the init issue. Hold switch now works as it should. Thanks!
Do you have any idea on why stagility isnt' working though?

More
06 Jan 2015 18:56 #27537 by mwm

ogrope1 wrote: Do you have any idea on why stagility isnt' working though?

Nope. It works fine in the emulator, so I don't have anything there to debug. I really need to see what the virtual channels are doing, and there's no easy way to do that. I have added that feature to the nightly build and that also works in the emulator, but my 10 didn't boot when I installed it, so maybe later. :(

I do have a discarded version of that code that worked on the 10 if you wanted to try a temporary build.

More
06 Jan 2015 23:15 #27546 by mwm
Ok, I got the changes working. I've attached a build for the devo7e. This is the nightlies plus some much-needed display changes, so you shouldn't need to install new protocols or otherwise do anything but the flash the dfu if you were running the nightlies previously. I've included the file system for those who want to try it from 4.0.1.

This changes the channel monitor to add virtual channels, and not display channels that don't have a mixer. So after installing it, put it in FMOD1, and then go to Transmitter menu -> Channel monitor and report the values for the channels on the first page displayed (should say "Mixer output").

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds