Blade 200QX

More
30 Dec 2014 22:17 #27364 by ogrope1
Replied by ogrope1 on topic Blade 200QX
Ok thanks, I will look into it but to be honest I have no idea on how to set up things and just take other peoples' files. Would you mind trying to cook me up a file where I would have an aggressive blue mode and a stagility mode. I found a good deal on a bnf and just ordered it, cant wait!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2014 09:04 #27373 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Blade 200QX
Well, you can start learning how to set up such systems by reading my blog entry on the stagility mode . If you're not interested in learning that, then you should at least read the description of how the "dialable" nature behaves so you can tell me where on the spectrum from "flip button" to "agility with auto-level" you want it, and the warning at the end.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
31 Dec 2014 11:59 #27376 by RCHobbyBuddies
Replied by RCHobbyBuddies on topic Blade 200QX

mwm wrote: What gets put where really depends on what you want them for. I use a devo10 (did I mention this has only been tested on the emulator? that may be why I'm seeing some odd behaviors) and a dialable stagility mode most of the time. So if it were me, I'd probably do something like:

LV+: FMODE0 is green (letting someone else fly it), FMODE1 is red (for those rare occasions I want to fly red)
LV-: blue mode, with FMODE as a low/high rate switch. This is what I'd use most of the time

Set up so LV switches between green and blue low rates, and between red and blue high rates, depending on the FMODE switch. That's assuming LV starts in LV-. If it starts in LV+, swap the two around.

I can do the timers as you want. Right now, the third timer isn't doing anything. It's just on the screen. I'd make it a permanent timer switched on the throttle or hold, to log the total hours of flight time on the aircraft. Or you could do both.

I was just curious about which build you're running. I'm trying to get to the point of rewriting the main page toggle icon code so it can sanely handle something like what you're doing, with a single icon position to display all four flight modes. If you can run nightlies, I can create a build that's what you have now + my display changes and a model to take advantage of it as well. I'll be using such for my 200QX (which uses the GEAR switch to simulate the 200SRX Panic mode) as well.

I like your idea,
LV+: FMODE0 is green (letting someone else fly it), FMODE1 is red (for those rare occasions I want to fly red)
LV-: blue mode, with FMODE as a low/high rate switch. This is what I'd use most of the time

I'd make it a permanent timer switched on the throttle or hold, to log the total hours of flight time on the aircraft

I am using Nightly build v4.0.1-92e1705

I am unable to test at the moment I broke a motor shaft and its gonna take a couple days to get here. But the settings you are mentioning are what I need, so if you can make the complete file the way you mention I put the 20.00 in what ever account you need, I cant tell you how much this will help teaching the students to fly and still being able to fly the way I like to..
Check us out sometime Facebook.com/rchobbybuddies
Attachments:

More
31 Dec 2014 13:36 #27378 by ogrope1
Thanks alot man, I would love to be able to learn that stuff but dont' think its possible. Idealy I would want a maxed out stability mode and a number 2 behavior on stagility mode(per your blog stagility dialed all the way up, auto leveling agility mode). I took notice of the warning.

More
31 Dec 2014 14:25 - 31 Dec 2014 14:26 #27380 by mwm
Ok, this has the trim & mode switches you described,. It should come on in blue mode, with FMODE0 as low rates and FMODE1 as high. LV- will switch it to green (FMODE0) and red (FMODE1). LV+ switches back.

I fixed the sticky throttle hold issues, and converted everything over to that. If you're not familiar with it, "sticky" holds won't turn off until the throttle output is at -100%. So you can't accidentally spin the throttle up by turning off throttle hold.

I've set up the fourth timer as a second permanent timer using that hold, and converted the other HOLD-switched timer to the sticky hold as well. Both the countdown and stopwatch now reset on EXT. There's not room on the display for all four timers, so I left the first three on.

I tweaked the display icon toggles as well. FMODE is still F0 & F1. When the sticky throttle hold is on, you'll get a reverse video TH. And when the LV switch is in green/blue mode, you'll get a reverse video M0. Sorry 'bout that last one, but there are limited options for icons.

Beyond that, I did some general cleanup. Set the number of channels to 5 (that's all the Rx has), turned off telemetry (not available), and turned off all the old mixes. I set the three now unused bar graphs to the throttle hold, FC enable, and LV switch channels.

I'm hoping you won't mind my using this for other people who want models for a 200QX on the Devo7E.

As for the money, much as I appreciate the gesture, please use it for something for your students. Or if you'd feel better sending it away, watch for a way to use it to contribute to deviationTx development.

Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Dec 2014 14:26 by mwm. Reason: Forgot the attachment!

More
31 Dec 2014 16:45 #27386 by RCHobbyBuddies

mwm wrote: Ok, this has the trim & mode switches you described,. It should come on in blue mode, with FMODE0 as low rates and FMODE1 as high. LV- will switch it to green (FMODE0) and red (FMODE1). LV+ switches back.

I fixed the sticky throttle hold issues, and converted everything over to that. If you're not familiar with it, "sticky" holds won't turn off until the throttle output is at -100%. So you can't accidentally spin the throttle up by turning off throttle hold.

I've set up the fourth timer as a second permanent timer using that hold, and converted the other HOLD-switched timer to the sticky hold as well. Both the countdown and stopwatch now reset on EXT. There's not room on the display for all four timers, so I left the first three on.

I tweaked the display icon toggles as well. FMODE is still F0 & F1. When the sticky throttle hold is on, you'll get a reverse video TH. And when the LV switch is in green/blue mode, you'll get a reverse video M0. Sorry 'bout that last one, but there are limited options for icons.

Beyond that, I did some general cleanup. Set the number of channels to 5 (that's all the Rx has), turned off telemetry (not available), and turned off all the old mixes. I set the three now unused bar graphs to the throttle hold, FC enable, and LV switch channels.

I'm hoping you won't mind my using this for other people who want models for a 200QX on the Devo7E.

As for the money, much as I appreciate the gesture, please use it for something for your students. Or if you'd feel better sending it away, watch for a way to use it to contribute to deviationTx development.

Thank you so much this is a nice end to the "To-do List" for the program and yes please feel free to share with whom ever wants, it is all your work. If I cant get you to take the 20$ then flip a coin and let me know who gets it AMAZON(Hubsan Parts for kids) DeviationTx Dev.(people that make dreams come true) I couldnt make the decision. =)

If you are ever in need, contact me and if I can assist I do what I can.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More
31 Dec 2014 21:19 #27391 by mwm

ogrope1 wrote: Thanks alot man, I would love to be able to learn that stuff but dont' think its possible. Idealy I would want a maxed out stability mode and a number 2 behavior on stagility mode(per your blog stagility dialed all the way up, auto leveling agility mode). I took notice of the warning.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't learn this if you really wanted to. But hey - this is a hobby, so there's no harm in not wanting to deal with this part of it, any more than there is in my not wanting to mod hardware. You do lose half the reason for using deviationTx, just like not wanting to mod the hardware loses the other half.

The attached model file should have full rates blue mode on FMODE0, and an auto-leveling agility like stagility on FMODE1.

Please test this one (and the previous one!) thoroughly, as I don't have a 7E, so have been testing on the emulator. In this case, the weather has kept me from checking the "dial" on stagility mode, so you may want to adjust that. It's the scalar on the third mix on virtual channel 3, aka "Stagility". Raise the number to make the switch to agility mode happen with less cyclic input, and raise it to require more to switch.

Attachments:

More
01 Jan 2015 05:10 #27395 by RCHobbyBuddies
I will def. test and be careful till I get the feel for the settings..

I would like to learn this part of the Hobby, I am familiar with compiling and writing Bash script, Linux all that good stuff, I just havent had the time to get my hands wet and I needed these settings bad to make it flyable by students.. I am grounded with the 200qx right now due to broken motor shaft, so it will be a week or so...

Thanks again

More
02 Jan 2015 21:15 #27422 by ogrope1

mwm wrote:

ogrope1 wrote: Thanks alot man, I would love to be able to learn that stuff but dont' think its possible. Idealy I would want a maxed out stability mode and a number 2 behavior on stagility mode(per your blog stagility dialed all the way up, auto leveling agility mode). I took notice of the warning.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't learn this if you really wanted to. But hey - this is a hobby, so there's no harm in not wanting to deal with this part of it, any more than there is in my not wanting to mod hardware. You do lose half the reason for using deviationTx, just like not wanting to mod the hardware loses the other half.

The attached model file should have full rates blue mode on FMODE0, and an auto-leveling agility like stagility on FMODE1.

Please test this one (and the previous one!) thoroughly, as I don't have a 7E, so have been testing on the emulator. In this case, the weather has kept me from checking the "dial" on stagility mode, so you may want to adjust that. It's the scalar on the third mix on virtual channel 3, aka "Stagility". Raise the number to make the switch to agility mode happen with less cyclic input, and raise it to require more to switch.

Thank you so much. I will let you know how it goes when it arrives(should be tomorrow). You are wright and I do feel I am missing out. If you knew nothing about programming TXs where would look first? I have the feeling that I am overwhelmed with information and dont know where to start.

More
03 Jan 2015 15:07 #27436 by mwm
You might try starting here . I think the initial paper is a little bit simplistic, but the thread includes some good questions with answers from the author, on some really complicated topics.

Try reading that, looking over the 200 models I've posted, and then asking me questions here or the author of the paper over on that thread. If you get confused by virtual channel 2 in my configs, don't be alarmed. That's the single most confusing mixer I know of. But that thread talks about how it works, and suggests some alternatives for doing the same thing.

More
03 Jan 2015 16:00 #27437 by ogrope1
I cant' thank you enough, did a quick test and all seems fine on blue mode just had to reverse aileron and elevator. I will try stagility when the weather lets me.
Ok so I will start with that thread then, again many thanks you rock!

More
03 Jan 2015 21:49 #27446 by mwm

ogrope1 wrote: I cant' thank you enough, did a quick test and all seems fine on blue mode just had to reverse aileron and elevator.

What do you mean "reverse aileron and elevator"? Did you have to toggle the reverse on each channel individually, or swap the two channels? And this has me worried - those are literally simple channels. If they aren't working right, something is seriously wrong.

More
03 Jan 2015 22:07 - 03 Jan 2015 22:23 #27447 by ogrope1
Yes I had to toggle the reverse on each channel individually.It makes me push the right stick in the upper right corner for motor startup.
I just tried the previous file you made for the other member and have the same reversed channels, everything else seems fine and I get access to the green mode.
Last edit: 03 Jan 2015 22:23 by ogrope1.

More
03 Jan 2015 22:36 - 03 Jan 2015 22:42 #27448 by mwm
Ah, throttle init is something I couldn't really check on the emulator. Looks like I managed to break that.

Go to Model Menu -> Mixer, and then down to "Enable" (it'll be truncated to something shorter than that) and the right-hand entry. Down arrow to the Source selector, which should say "AIL" and change it to say "THold". Arrow back up to "Save" and hit enter.

That should make going from HOLD0->HOLD1 start the motors with neutral sticks.

While you're at it, go down one more mixer, and change the first source from "THold" to "AIL". That should fix the problem you had reported to me via PM. This one I should have caught, but wasn't thorough enough in my testing. Sorry 'bout both of them!

If you're interested, the explanation is that the Enable channel needs that first source to be at 100%. THold is always there when you have HOLD0 on. It was change to AIL, requiring the right stick to be at 100% - or full right - to work.

Last edit: 03 Jan 2015 22:42 by mwm. Reason: Add the second fix..

More
04 Jan 2015 13:07 #27464 by ogrope1
Ok I tried the above, switched "AIL" to "Thold" under "enable" but still have to use the same method for motor startup.
Next mixer is "stagil" but it already shows "AIL".
I will keep trying to get this stuff but so far I still feel like I am reading chinese:(

More
04 Jan 2015 15:13 #27471 by mwm
Something odd is going on. Let me upload the corrected model. On this one, I tested stagility mode more thoroughly. I can't really test the motor start sequence. I can't really test the motor start sequence, though.

Attachments:

More
04 Jan 2015 16:47 #27479 by ogrope1
Ok so this new file still has reversed aileron and elevator for me and still cant' access to stagility, FMOD1 still turns red...
I am starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my Tx, I recalibrated the sticks just in case but doesnt' change anything.

More
04 Jan 2015 16:52 #27480 by mwm
Ok, the stagility stuff I can test, and channel 5 does the right thing for me: stays at 0% when I switch to FMOD1, and then goes to -100% when I move either cyclic stick off of 0. It does that whether throttle hold is on or not.

What are the outputs shown in the bars for channels 2 & 3?

Can someone with a devo7e and 200QX test this for us?

More
04 Jan 2015 16:59 #27481 by ogrope1
The bar for channel 5 on FMOD1 is at 100% and does not change with cyclic inputs. Bars for channels 2 and 3 are at 50% on both FMOD0 and FMOD1.

More
04 Jan 2015 17:16 #27482 by mwm
Ok, that's not the behavior I'm seeing. Start the emulator, and hit FMOD1, and the channel 5 bar stays at 50% (blue). Moving either cyclic causes it to go to 100% (red). Channel 2 & 3 should reflect your cyclic inputs. Are they doing that properly?

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds