Tactic anylink

More
02 Jul 2013 13:41 #11741 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Tactic anylink

sbstnp wrote:

FDR wrote: Yep, I guess the PPM protocol shouldn't name the channels, because that moght be confusing, just like in this case...

I rarely get confused by such things, but then I can only speak for myself...

Edit: I created an issue on BB about this.

Fixed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2013 13:45 #11743 by PhracturedBlue

rbe2012 wrote:

sbstnp wrote:

Kdean wrote: ...Some of the spinboxes look different, and show expo%.

It's a bit customized by me...

Having the EXPO amount shown on the button (maybe similar with looks like a good idea with minor effort, but to be consequent it should be shown at DEADBAND, >0, ABSVAL, Zero/Max, ... too - and in many cases the width will not suffice. I was short before proposing to file an enhancement ticket at bitbucket...

File a ticket or provide some code. I'm certainly open to it.
Remember that many languages use many more characters than English. In general, if it works with Russian it'll work anywhere though.
On the Devo8 there isn't really any more room on the screen, so the alternative, which would be to use a text-box next to the spinbox is no good there.

More
02 Jul 2013 13:48 #11744 by PhracturedBlue
Lastly, it would be reallyuseful to convert sbstnp's post into either an article, or at least have a link to it somewhere more prominent. It'll get lost in the middle of this thread, which would be a shame.
Maybe we need a 'Tutorials' section.

More
02 Jul 2013 13:53 #11746 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Tactic anylink
We have a "How to" section.
Should I move it to there?

More
02 Jul 2013 13:56 #11747 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Tactic anylink
Will be better to rename 'How to' to 'Tutorials'. It will eliminate questions in that section.

More
02 Jul 2013 14:00 #11748 by PhracturedBlue
Agreed. FDR, can you do that?
I moved the 2 posts and added a link to them in this thread

More
02 Jul 2013 14:06 #11749 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Tactic anylink
OK, I've renamed the "How To" forum to "Tutorials", but left it's URL tag as "how-to" not to break the links that were posted to those threads...

More
02 Jul 2013 15:03 #11756 by PhracturedBlue

PhracturedBlue wrote:

rbe2012 wrote:

sbstnp wrote:

Kdean wrote: ...Some of the spinboxes look different, and show expo%.

It's a bit customized by me...

Having the EXPO amount shown on the button (maybe similar with looks like a good idea with minor effort, but to be consequent it should be shown at DEADBAND, >0, ABSVAL, Zero/Max, ... too - and in many cases the width will not suffice. I was short before proposing to file an enhancement ticket at bitbucket...

File a ticket or provide some code. I'm certainly open to it.
Remember that many languages use many more characters than English. In general, if it works with Russian it'll work anywhere though.
On the Devo8 there isn't really any more room on the screen, so the alternative, which would be to use a text-box next to the spinbox is no good there.

I just realized we already had a ticket for this. So I went-ahead and implemented it. Only for the Expo spinbox though. Seems to fit on all languages I tried.

More
02 Jul 2013 15:55 #11759 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Tactic anylink
Thanks everyone

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
09 Oct 2013 07:03 #14378 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Tactic anylink
I am reversing SLT protocol and wonder what is the channel order for models with integrated controller. I use TR624, and in its manual it is mentioned that channel 3 is throttle, but others are unnamed. So if someone have a working model file for me, I'd appreciate it.

More
09 Oct 2013 08:12 - 09 Oct 2013 08:13 #14380 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Tactic anylink
Tactic Anylink
Normal mapping (Futaba/Hitec)
1 - Aileron
2 - Elevator
3 - Throttle
4 - Rudder

Tactic TTX650
Channel mapping
1 - Aileron
2 - Elevator
3 - Throttle
4 - Rudder

Last edit: 09 Oct 2013 08:13 by vlad_vy.

More
09 Oct 2013 19:42 #14394 by victzh
Thanks!

I am making a description of the protocol (for a change, my V202 is just code )-; , so it helps.

More
10 Oct 2013 00:17 #14401 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Tactic anylink
Sorry, it's been a long time since I looked at this thread. What module was it that would work for SLT? I'd LOVE to see that working. The anylink with PPM feels like it has a big delay in the controls.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
10 Oct 2013 04:48 #14406 by victzh
They use new nRF24L01+, and they actually use the speed specific to this chip - 250kbps. They probably do it for longer distance.

Anylink uses 22ms packet speed, and as receiver switches to new channel only 9ms after receiving a packet I doubt that we may speed it up substantially without tripping the receivers. I am not sure is the delay because of this packet speed or not.

More
10 Oct 2013 10:26 #14424 by Hexperience
I just mean that the external ppm module feels like there is a delay. The signal from the input has to be chaned to ppm then out the trainer port then in to the anylink then converted to slt then sent.

Maybe its just the axe cp 100 that feels slow.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
25 Oct 2013 18:03 #14972 by Parkkert
Replied by Parkkert on topic Tactic anylink
I would like to vote for anylink protocol feature. That would be awesome as I don't like to have stupid boxes attached to transmitter outside and seems to be issues with ppm, transmit delay. Just wishing here.

PS thanks for deviation I love it on my Devo-10. I also have the new DX9 with voice prompts but I still think deviation 3.0 on the 10 is better (the DX('s female voice with english accent is great though and I really like the voice reminders, callouts etc.

More
25 Oct 2013 18:07 #14974 by victzh
It's in works, I decoded packet structure, now I need to figure out frequency hopping algorithm.

More
25 Oct 2013 18:59 #14976 by Hexperience
Glad to hear that.. keep at it! Good luck with it.

More
04 Nov 2013 04:43 #15307 by victzh
Today my model TX code (not Devo, Arduino based simple controller) finally reached the stable stage - it can control Tactic TR624 receiver.

Frequency hopping is still unclear - the algorithm is not that complicated, it is local in a sense that small changes in TX id yield small modifications in the sequence. Still working on it.

I made several interesting observations watching the receiver binding sequence. Apparently, Tactic has an ability to transmit packets of varying length and during binding the receiver tries to get packages 4 to 9 bytes long. I witnessed only 7-byte 6-ch packet (4 10-bit and 2 8-bit channels), but there is space for expansion.

More
20 Nov 2013 08:46 #15703 by victzh
Frequency hopping decoded. The algorithm is a bit disappointing (you'll have a chance to look at it in the module when it's ready) in that it does not spread frequencies well enough for close ids. I think they solve this by assigning pseudo-random ids to their transmitters.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds