Tactic anylink

More
20 Nov 2013 14:43 #15705 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Tactic anylink
Cool! What's left?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2013 16:21 #15706 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Tactic anylink
Move the code from my Arduino test app to a Devo module. Add this id code (it now exists in Python code which bulk-generates sequences from ids and compares them with actual sequences mined from TR624).

Add this to protocol documentation - I made an effort to document this one for a change ;-)

May be take a look what happens if you set the number of channels for Anylink transceiver in the range 4-9. The receives tries packets with sizes 4 to 9 bytes, but I've seen only 7 (for 6 channels).

BTW, I can reuse this or similar routine for frequency hopping generation for Hisky and make it production strength - with many simultaneous TX ids active.

More
21 Nov 2013 06:47 #15715 by victzh

More
29 Nov 2013 18:14 #16068 by victzh
@PhracturedBlue, as my SLT module builds and is fully functional now, do you think it makes sense to include it into next release? I know that 3.1 is supposed to be mainly bugfix, but some re-engineering is going on anyway, so may be it makes sense to include this for wider audience to try as a part of nightly builds. If you think it's worth it, I will prepare a pull request.

More
29 Nov 2013 18:23 #16070 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Tactic anylink
Our next release is not only for bugfixes (I don't know that it will be called 3.1). It includes a huge number of new capabilities compared to 3.0.

Rbe was trying to limit the changes he made to bugfix only on top of the changes already made in order to have high confidence I would accept them into my repo (which was a great idea and something I really appreciate)

That said, it has been a long time since 3.0 was released, and I want to focus on stabilizing the code so we can get a release done, so I'm not interested in big functional changes right now. But protocol changes are isolated, and I'll be happy to pull any that are functional.

More
29 Nov 2013 18:32 #16071 by victzh
OK, I will double test it over the week-end, and then submit.

More
01 Dec 2013 06:04 - 01 Dec 2013 17:07 #16102 by victzh
Tactic SLT module should appear in nightlies, it is made compatible with Anylink module - just replace the protocol from PPM to TacticSLT. That also means that, for example, for Axe 100 Helicopter all channels should be reversed.

Please check it out and report success or problems.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2013 17:07 by victzh. Reason: Typo

More
01 Dec 2013 10:41 #16113 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Tactic anylink
Was that a typeo? ALT?

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
01 Dec 2013 10:46 - 01 Dec 2013 11:16 #16114 by Hexperience
Could anyone post a link to a known good module to buy? I went through 3 cc2500 modules and this time I only want to install once :)

Can we get the module from an anylink?

And finally, would this module only be good for SLT, or would it cover any other protocols that deviation already supports?

Sorry for my lack of understanding... :unsure:

---edit--- This one?
www.ebay.com/itm/NRF24L01-PA-LNA-SMA-Ant...&hash=item485448cd1d

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2013 11:16 by Hexperience.

More
01 Dec 2013 17:21 #16139 by victzh
Typo it was. I used XL24L01-D03 bought on eBay. There should not be so many problems with nRF24L01 modules as with CC2500. The latter had problems (probably) because of power amplifier control. Their power amp seems to require separate pin to turn on PA and LNA, and if you need to both receive and transmit, as you do in case of telemetry, you can't just turn them both on. This one does not have this peculiar setup, so any module with PA would do.

Unfortunately, Anylink contains this chip soldered well to the board, and to use it as a Devo module you would need to unsolder ATmega which drives the RF chip.

This RF chip serves the following protocols, as fas as I know - V202, HiSky (fbl100, V922), Tactic SLT, Esky, Crazyflie.

More
01 Dec 2013 18:24 - 01 Dec 2013 18:25 #16142 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Tactic anylink
This is the module I ordered:

www.ebay.com/itm/370825162017?ssPageName...id=p3984.m1439.l2649

Had to order a separate antenna lead since I did not have one handy.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2013 18:25 by WheresWaldo.

More
01 Dec 2013 19:07 #16147 by victzh
I would say this will do as well (cheaper source for the module you mentioned):
www.ebay.com/itm/NRF24L01-PA-LNA-SMA-Ant...2-4G-G9/161143335016

The module I used is closer to this:
www.ebay.com/itm/New-2-4G-6-CH-Wireless-...01-D03-/160763860120

but now it is overpriced.

More
01 Dec 2013 23:58 #16170 by WheresWaldo
I got the one I posted for two reasons, one was the very small antenna connector the second was that I had a few other things I wanted from them. Ths way I had a bit more room inside the case with just a cable antenna.

More
02 Dec 2013 01:46 #16172 by Hexperience
Yeah, I like the one.. ordered a couple of those and some antennas.
Thanks.

More
02 Dec 2013 02:42 #16173 by victzh
Yea, U.FL antenna connector helps for saving space, but I unsolder the SMA connector at all and solder my own one - if you have thin 50 Ohm coax cable it is very easy to make. Just take off 30-31 mm of the outer shell from the cable end, and solder the other end outer shell to ground, inner wire to where antenna is wired and you'll have reasonably good antenna.

Also, it seems Banggood sells the bundle - RF board and antenna for less. www.banggood.com/DEVO-Transmitter-Tuner-...ys-V922-p-89812.html

More
02 Dec 2013 06:53 #16181 by WheresWaldo
Saw the one from Banggood, was going to order from them but everything I have ordered from them in the past has taken nearly a whole month to arrive. It is worse than using HobbyKing's cheap shipping option (which I never do simply because it takes so long.)

The good thing about the Banggood item is that it does include the antenna and you get a discount if you buy more of them.

Some stuff from China to North Carolina takes so long that when it arrives I have already forgotten I ordered it in the first place. The one I linked to arrived in New York and was handed over to the USPS in 7 days, now any delay will be on the USPS.

More
14 Dec 2013 14:57 - 14 Dec 2013 14:57 #16620 by MikefromGermany
Replied by MikefromGermany on topic Tactic anylink
victzh, I've seen you mentioned particular shielded
NRF24L01 module.
I wonder what is the purpose of the two extra pins on the backside of the PCB?

Left side of the pic.
I can't find any pinout for a proper documentation.

Thanks
-mike-
Last edit: 14 Dec 2013 14:57 by MikefromGermany.

More
14 Dec 2013 20:49 #16635 by victzh
One is ground, another is not connected at all. They are mainly for physical support of the mounted module, not for signals. You can easily cut it off, which I did.

More
14 Dec 2013 21:03 #16640 by MikefromGermany
Replied by MikefromGermany on topic Tactic anylink
Thanks a bunch - these pins are to go now :)

-mike-

More
03 Jan 2014 11:07 #17827 by battlemachine
Replied by battlemachine on topic Tactic anylink
what maximum range you can get with this modules? which is better, buying the anylink box(i don't mind the wires) or installing the module to my devo 8s. thank you in advance

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds