New FrSkyX protocol

More
18 Mar 2017 19:27 #60346 by magic_marty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2017 20:06 - 18 Mar 2017 20:12 #60347 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Wooh. another clone of a clone..:woohoo:
I have no information on it, but I think, set your Devo to "frsky" >"D8" and fire up your receiver while pressing the button.
Then try to bind, play with the frequency fine tune.

Good luck.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 18 Mar 2017 20:12 by aMax.

More
18 Mar 2017 20:35 #60349 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Finally got it to bind after fiddling around with the Freqline now i wonder why BetaFlight is showing 4.0volts and my tx is showing .88volts the telemetry works great on my F3 board..

More
19 Mar 2017 03:13 #60354 by magic_marty
anybody have any idea why i can't get the correct voltage on my tx from the rx? It is showing correct voltage in BetaFlight but shows way off v1 and v2 on my tx..

More
19 Mar 2017 10:33 #60360 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic New FrSkyX protocol
V1/V2 voltages may be the ones sent by the receiver itself (some have voltage inputs), not the ones sent by betaflight telemetry.

More
19 Mar 2017 13:25 - 19 Mar 2017 13:33 #60364 by aMax

magic_marty wrote: Finally got it to bind after fiddling around with the Freqline now i wonder why BetaFlight is showing 4.0volts and my tx is showing .88volts the telemetry works great on my F3 board..

There is a difference between the transmitter/receiver telemetry (RSSI , A1&A2) and the sport telemetry. HUB telemetry.
The sport telemetry Hub telemetry uses the values the flight controller sees and these can be tweeked with Betaflight.
But I think you have no telemetry out connected ..??..all I can see on the picture of this receiver, is a three pin connector, gnd.vcc, sbus.
If this not correct., let us know.

The first one can only be corrected with a different offset on the transmitter.

Edit: forgot this is D8 and not the X protocol.

Last edit: 19 Mar 2017 13:33 by aMax.

More
19 Mar 2017 18:47 #60376 by magic_marty
Yes D8 protocol...My furibee F3 board with built in Frsky rx sends batt voltage perfectly i was hoping to get it on my x73s as well..its just nit sending the correct voltage..

More
28 Mar 2017 10:57 #60852 by sfersystem
Replied by sfersystem on topic New FrSkyX protocol
All is working very fine and i would like to know if it's a good idea to buy this antenna to improve the range ?

More
28 Mar 2017 17:34 - 28 Mar 2017 19:31 #60864 by aMax

sfersystem wrote: All is working very fine and i would like to know if it's a good idea to buy this antenna to improve the range ?

This is not a genuine Frsky 5dBi antenna. End of last year I got one and had a loss of about 20dBi compaired to the 2dBI that
came with the DFT module. After refund, I pulled it apart and noticed that the elements were not the same as the ones
on the pictures of the previous customer reviews. Completely detuned.
Maybe they are now selling a different batch. So be warned.

Last edit: 28 Mar 2017 19:31 by aMax. Reason: typo

More
02 Apr 2017 09:03 #61056 by andrej
Replied by andrej on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Many thanks for all the effort that goes into this awesome universal transmitter firmware.

I have Deviation v5.0.0 on a Devo-10. For a new quad I'd like to buy, the preinstalled receivers to choose from are RadioLink (unsupported by Deviation on Devo, AFAIK), DSMX (which would definitely work) or a 16-channel FrSky XM+ Micro (which may have a better control range). So I thought I'd go with FrSky, but realized that it's the new 16-channel type that won't work with Deviation 5.0.0.

If I want to use FrSkyX, what's the recommended nightly build to install? Is it (in general) safe to just grab today's nightly build? (I have 12 drones configured and wouldn't like to lose compatibility with those.) Also, is this 4-in-1 module compatible with FrSkyX? (It controls my HiSky, S-FHSS, DSM2, DSMX, Devo, Hubsan, JJRC and Cheerson quads just fine, so the modules are working fine. I just haven't had a 16-channel FrSky yet.)

More
03 Apr 2017 21:13 #61144 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New FrSkyX protocol
FrskyX is in all the recent nightlies. Nightlies are generally pretty safe, except maybe for features being actively developed. The 4-in-1 module works well with FrskyX.

More
04 Apr 2017 03:43 #61149 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New FrSkyX protocol
I look at the PRs and merge notices for deviation in my mail, and have to wonder how safe it can really be. But then I realize most of them are protocol and f series tx fixes, so maybe not so bad. However, this is subject to change without notice, so I'd still recommend finding the 5.0 with new protocols build and use that instead.

I think we really need a third build that is basically that plus bug fixes on the last release.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 Apr 2017 04:30 #61151 by andrej
Are there any instructions on how to get that v5.0.0 with protocol updates only? I can use the Docker image and/or run the build system the old way on any of my machines (all Linux), but it would be great to have a few instructions like “checkout this branch / tag, cherrypick these 20 changesets on top of that” etc. There are quite many tweaked builds on various forums, but few reasons to trust them more than a nightly build.

More
05 Apr 2017 16:07 #61204 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New FrSkyX protocol

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
08 Apr 2017 21:49 - 10 Apr 2017 17:11 #61279 by sfersystem
Hi all,

Just wonder if in the X protocol can be implemented a sort of swr function, to see if the quality of antenna is ok or if the mount is correct.

Thank you
Last edit: 10 Apr 2017 17:11 by sfersystem.

More
22 Apr 2017 19:40 #61687 by sfersystem
Is it possible to add a new function to the beep alarm, such as a delay before the alarm beep for example for battery voltage, If the voltage falls below 14V for more than X seconds then alarm.

Thx

More
25 Apr 2017 21:22 #61776 by andrej
\o/ \o/ \o/ So I currently have 3 new aircraft:
  • Loki-X16 (with FrSky, Lumenier spec)
  • Loki-X2 (with FrSky, Lumenier spec)
  • Loki-X3S (with FrSky)
All of these^^^ are from Helipal. I can confirm that the FrskyX protocol works for me just perfectly in all 3 cases. I'm currently using this build .

For all of the three aircraft I selected the FCC protocol type (because it wouldn't bind with EU) and then I set the fine freq number to -60. It binds somewhere between -127 and -10; it won't bind with the default 0. This has been already covered earlier in this thread anyway, but I thought I'd mention it in this context (with these particular drones) for others to find.

The Loki-X3S is the most interesting one. The E-shop doesn't say explicitly whether you're getting an 8-channel or 16-channel FrSky. But yep, it's a 16-channel thing, again supported by FrskyX. It has telemetry and there's a lot of hard-to-grasp telemetry data. :woohoo: Screenshots are attached. Most of it looks random, but values that make sense are TelemVAmp (battery voltage), TelemRSSI (probably the transmitter's signal strength from the drone's perspective) and LRSSI (probably the telemetry signal strength as the transmitter gets it back). (I switched my Devo 10 between 100 microwatts and 150 milliwatts a few times and TelemRSSI did change, whereas LRSSI did not.) (Then there are a few other voltages; not sure what those are.)

The smaller Lokis don't seem to have any telemetry installed. <totally_off_topic>Sadly, they also don't have any working onboard voltage monitoring in the Lumenier spec (the more powerful one). You can have either proper voltage monitoring or (much) more power, but not both, at least at the moment. That's just how it is.</totally_off_topic>
Attachments:

More
30 Apr 2017 21:52 - 30 Apr 2017 22:34 #61889 by ZeroFPV
Replied by ZeroFPV on topic New FrSkyX protocol
I'm on a strange problem with the 4in1 and the FrSky XM+ receiver. When I'm near to the receiver with my Devo 7E the green light of the M+ is starting to blink and after a short time it's falling into failsafe. First I thought my transmitter module fried but I have 2 identical Devo 7E and with the other one the behaviour is the same. So I tried some stuff and came onto something I think. When I lower the output power of my Devo as soon as the blinking on the XM+ starts then the light goes back to solid for some seconds. Then it's starting to blink again and it's going into failsafe if I don't lower the output power again. This game is going on down to 3mW and lower. Sounds stupid but It seems to me that the XM+ is switching modes when the signal is too good. Could this possibly be?

deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-e788d00
Last edit: 30 Apr 2017 22:34 by ZeroFPV. Reason: typo

More
01 May 2017 00:16 - 01 May 2017 00:20 #61890 by aMax
Just keep some distance to the receiver, the LNA oversteers.
Quite normal with PA/LNA equiped receivers if they don´t have a special software routine to avoid this by switching the Pa/LNA section on/off. Tested the XM+ with all my D16 capable transmitters.

Last edit: 01 May 2017 00:20 by aMax.

More
06 May 2017 09:27 #62056 by mike_j
Replied by mike_j on topic Correct build for SmartPort telemetry?
I'm using vlad_vy's "v5.0.0+protocols(12.02.2017)" build on my Devo 10 with a 3-in-1 module.

I can use my FrSky XSR receivers with this build and they work just fine. I am seeing telemetry - RSSI, A1, A2, LQI and LRSSI, but nothing more. I'm not seeing any of the SmartPort telemetry that Betaflight is sending to the XSR.

Do I need to flash a nightly build to see SmartPort telemetry or should I be able to see it with this build?

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds