Mjx Bugs 3

More
10 Sep 2018 19:50 #70780 by ncfom
Replied by ncfom on topic Mjx Bugs 3

C0ckpitvue 777 wrote:

ncfom wrote: I have a Bugs 3 bought in Jan 2017. Transmitter is Devo 7e modded with NRF24L01 , A7105 modules and 2-3x2 switches. I can only get the motors to arm and disarm , no other inputs seem to work. I am using the model23.ini from COckpitvue.
build 9sept( ~21674bd)
I have used the Devo 7e to fly WL Toys 686g. SymaX8, Frankenspider, JJRC 1000 and a 450 Flamewheell
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jerry

Did you update the protocol folder when you updated the dfu?

Yes, all the folders except dfu and zip
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2018 20:00 #70781 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
The last build I got with my 7E is 50f6e42 and It works with my b3.Go to your channel monitor and see if all are enabled.

More
11 Sep 2018 01:39 #70784 by kjoy
Replied by kjoy on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Forgive me if this has been asked before, I am new to this and just received my Jumper ts8g v2. It's all updated with the newest nightly build as well.
I did a search but couldn't find any info on what i'm looking for.
Can you bind the TS8G V2 to the Bugs 3H model?
I have tried several times without success.
If not are there any plans to include this protocol?

More
11 Sep 2018 09:17 - 11 Sep 2018 09:18 #70787 by aszasza
Replied by aszasza on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I just got my bugs 3h yesterday, I1m planning to do some captures maybe tonight, from that point its up to the pros to implement it to the firmware. I'll try my best to make good captures.
Here are 2 pictures, one is the radio ant the other is the FC inside the quad. I've circled the radio pins on the fc board, it is on the bottom side but the pins are accessible from the top. I've never bound the radio with the quad yet, would it help if I captured the very first, initial bond or its the same every time?
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Sep 2018 09:18 by aszasza.

More
11 Sep 2018 09:44 #70790 by planger
Replied by planger on topic Mjx Bugs 3
They are most likely already bound so a first dump will not change anything.
You should try the bugs3 protocol (without the props) before soldering the wires to see if it's not already working, up to you...

More
11 Sep 2018 12:58 #70798 by planger

aszasza wrote: On the other hand, I'd love to fly on a frsky x-lite, and the only option I found is the vantac mpm module. Is that the only multi protocol tx module that fits the x-lite? If so, I would give it a try to design a pcb for a diy version, but I would need a bit of help with that.

I'm the dev writing the code of the multi protocol module (MPM). I can tell you that the Bugs3 protocol is supported if you update it.

Pascal

More
11 Sep 2018 16:46 #70804 by aszasza
Hi, first of all, thank you very much for your awesome work on the bugs, it is really amazing that it is implemented already.
I don't have any radio apart from the original one yet so I don't know if it works with the bugs 3h as well, but a few comments earlier kjoy mentioned that his bugs 3h was unable to bind. The bugs 3h radio is different than the normal bugs 3, has slightly different features as well so I don't think they are 100% compatible with each other.
I don't have a saleae analyser, but a DS Logic Plus instead. I use sigrok/dsview with it. What is the best format for you if do the SPI dump? Also, should I hook up the radio and the drone at the same time so you can see the exact timings in realtion to each other or just the radio is enough? Can you help me with the pinout? I can de-cap the radio module and trace the spi lines to the chip but I rather not if you know the module's pinout.

Regarding the MPM module, is it worth making an open source version of the pcb for the x-lite or should I just get the vantac from china? I find it bit pricey for what it is. ( don't get me wrong I'm not talking about the firmware, that is obviously awesome, but the actual hardware I think could be made a lot cheaper than the commercial one)

More
11 Sep 2018 17:41 #70805 by planger

aszasza wrote: Hi, first of all, thank you very much for your awesome work on the bugs, it is really amazing that it is implemented already.
I don't have any radio apart from the original one yet so I don't know if it works with the bugs 3h as well, but a few comments earlier kjoy mentioned that his bugs 3h was unable to bind. The bugs 3h radio is different than the normal bugs 3, has slightly different features as well so I don't think they are 100% compatible with each other.
I don't have a saleae analyser, but a DS Logic Plus instead. I use sigrok/dsview with it. What is the best format for you if do the SPI dump? Also, should I hook up the radio and the drone at the same time so you can see the exact timings in realtion to each other or just the radio is enough? Can you help me with the pinout? I can de-cap the radio module and trace the spi lines to the chip but I rather not if you know the module's pinout.

The modules are most likely designed by the manufacturer. There are 8 pins so why don't you just connect the 8 lines to your analyzer and like this we have all what we need?

aszasza wrote: Regarding the MPM module, is it worth making an open source version of the pcb for the x-lite or should I just get the vantac from china? I find it bit pricey for what it is. ( don't get me wrong I'm not talking about the firmware, that is obviously awesome, but the actual hardware I think could be made a lot cheaper than the commercial one)

The schematic of the multi module is available on github if you want to do your own. But from a price perspective, I'm not sure you 'll do better since the module is at 40$ with a compact design and fits well the XliteTX from the pictures (I've never seen one in real so I can't tell).
But may be you don't want all the RF components and therefore you'll save money by only putting an A7105 RF board + an Arduino Pro mini, load multi on it and be done.

More
11 Sep 2018 17:51 #70806 by aszasza
Probably you are right about the module, I just found it on BG for £28, thats a no brainer.

More
11 Sep 2018 17:54 #70807 by planger
This is off topic so I don't want to elaborate too much but you might want to check this link as another source: www.horusrc.com/en/vantac-mpm-lite-2-4g-...dule-for-x-lite.html

Please do the dumps and send over what you've got.

More
11 Sep 2018 20:52 #70811 by aszasza
Thanks!

As it turns out the bugs 3h is not using the A7105, but after decapping the radio I've found an XN297 chip. After some reading I've found that this chip is similar to the NRF24L01, I'm not sure if the 4in1 modules can deal with it. No wonder why it didn't worked with the bugs3 protocol. Here you can find some info about the chip. The draft version datasheet is here .
Attachments:

More
11 Sep 2018 21:01 - 11 Sep 2018 21:10 #70812 by planger

aszasza wrote: As it turns out the bugs 3h is not using the A7105, but after decapping the radio I've found an XN297 chip. After some reading I've found that this chip is similar to the NRF24L01, I'm not sure if the 4in1 modules can deal with it. No wonder why it didn't worked with the bugs3 protocol. Here you can find some info about the chip. The draft version datasheet is here .

It's even a XN297L, the 'L' is important since it has different registers and features from the none 'L'. Anyway, we've got a full emulation layer of the XN297 and XN297L in both Devialtion and Multi.
Waiting for the dumps of the TX ;-)

You should also create a new topic for the Bugs 3h protocol since it's a fully different protocol which will generate lots of comments irrevelant to this thread.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2018 21:10 by planger.

More
11 Sep 2018 21:13 #70813 by aszasza
The other chip is a RFX2402E , this is the RF frontend.

The pinout of this module is, from left to right: VDD(3.3V)|GND|CSN|SCK|MOSI|IRQ|TX enable|RX enable

The last 2 pins are connected to the RFX2402E chip, the firs 4 data pins are connected to the XN297.

More
11 Sep 2018 22:44 #70816 by C0ckpitvue 777
This is also the same chip the bugs 3 mini is using,I uploaded some captures to the bugs 3 mini thread,Goebish said he can possibly get into it in October.

More
25 Sep 2018 17:51 #71036 by Drstein99
Replied by Drstein99 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I just bound MJX bugs 8 to my jumper t8sg v2 plus. It arms, lights go on / off, motors spin. I never flew this copter, it was given to me without the receiver. Can anyone tell me if this is SLOW with it's response? I am used to using omnibus f4 with b-shot ESC's, which (to me) is very responsive. I know the BUGS flight controller and ESC are different technologies. It seems the commands are latent. I do not know if there is something wrong with my default setup, if it needs tuning in some way, or that it just is an old system and this is how they used to run before this modern esc & FC chips I am used to using.

More
09 Oct 2018 11:32 #71232 by turbo50t
Replied by turbo50t on topic Mjx Bugs 3
What is the current firmware we should be using, because I don’t see any of the ones discussed listed in Test or nightly.

More
10 Oct 2018 01:04 #71248 by C0ckpitvue 777

turbo50t wrote: What is the current firmware we should be using, because I don’t see any of the ones discussed listed in Test or nightly.

You can use the latest nightly build..

More
11 Oct 2018 13:58 #71284 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic Mjx Bugs 3

kjoy wrote: Forgive me if this has been asked before, I am new to this and just received my Jumper ts8g v2. It's all updated with the newest nightly build as well.
I did a search but couldn't find any info on what i'm looking for.
Can you bind the TS8G V2 to the Bugs 3H model?
I have tried several times without success.
If not are there any plans to include this protocol?

Check out this thread,the Bugs 3H should bind to the Bugs3Mini protocol, a test build is available :)
www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...mini?start=100#71282

More
12 Oct 2018 04:05 #71299 by Dumbasdirt
Replied by Dumbasdirt on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I've got the jumper t8sg multiprotocal controller and bugs8 pro I think I've downloaded right program I put it on mjx and it won't bind if I put it on bugs3 it will bind but nothing else works.as seen by my username I'm not smart so if anyone has a easy fix can you please help me out. If anyone lives around Murrieta off Clinton Keith I'll pay you for your time.Thanks for your time and have a blessed day Mike

More
12 Oct 2018 14:40 - 12 Oct 2018 14:41 #71301 by C0ckpitvue 777

Dumbasdirt wrote: I've got the jumper t8sg multiprotocal controller and bugs8 pro I think I've downloaded right program I put it on mjx and it won't bind if I put it on bugs3 it will bind but nothing else works.as seen by my username I'm not smart so if anyone has a easy fix can you please help me out. If anyone lives around Murrieta off Clinton Keith I'll pay you for your time.Thanks for your time and have a blessed day Mike

I just made this video,maybe it will help.You got to set one of your switches to give life to channel 5 like in this video,you can also do this to channel 6 for lights and channels 7, 8 and 9 for there respective assignments.

Last edit: 12 Oct 2018 14:41 by C0ckpitvue 777.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds