Mjx Bugs 3

More
17 May 2019 15:41 #74335 by Bhinman
Replied by Bhinman on topic Mjx Bugs 3 not binding?
Anybody?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2019 15:43 #74336 by Bhinman
Bugs 3 gets the updated ID in my TS8G correctly but the motors spin for a second and then stop, then spin for a second and then stop. Can't turn lights on and off either. Running pretty recent nightly build.

More
30 May 2019 10:55 #74429 by Bhinman
I guess no one monitors these forums anymore

More
30 May 2019 11:30 #74430 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3 not binding?
I have bound and flown 3 different Bugs3s and a Bugs 6 to two different Black/Slver T8SGs without any problems.

Will your Bugs 3 work correctly with the stock controller?
Can you test binding another Bugs 3 with your Jumper T8SG?
Make sure you download the right version for your Jumper.
Try different builds on the Jumper.

These are the tests I would run to decide if the Bugs 3 or the Jumper is the problem.
Good luck!

Time flies like a banana

More
31 May 2019 20:57 #74440 by Bhinman
Replied by Bhinman on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I fly 15 other helis, planes, and quads with my jumper. My bugs 3 mini works great. My bugs 3 works fine with the standard controller. It looks like the jumper even binds with the bugs 3 it just doesn't arm the motors. They will spin for about 2 seconds and then quit. Someone else in this thread had the same problem but didn't say what the fix was. Just looking for ideas/help.

More
31 May 2019 22:06 #74441 by Bhinman
It actually does bind because I'm getting telemetry info on the battery voltage. Motors just won't spin more than 2 seconds. Fresh battery in quad and transmitter.

More
31 May 2019 22:22 #74442 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3
Try setting a different switch to arm the Bugs 3. You may have a bad connection on the switch you have selected.

Time flies like a banana

More
01 Jun 2019 18:04 #74445 by Bhinman
Great suggestion but I forgot to mention it works fine in channel monitor.

• Kentuckian
  • Home is Bullitt County, Ky
More
23 Aug 2019 02:18 #74966 by Kentuckian
Replied by Kentuckian on topic Mjx Bugs 3
I sent you a PM about a different model off topic here. Please check. Thanks :)

Live in FailSafe mode

More
07 Sep 2019 07:49 #75082 by deent
TOO MANY G's with the Jumper - Force1 (Black and silver)?
So, I may have missed the answer to "my theory" of why my Bugs 3 and Force1 both dropped out of the sky on a hard punch-out takeoff when using the Jumper T8SG V2 Radio. When it happened to the Bugs 3, which was the first drone to drop out of the sky at about 50 feet out, it did this consecutively that same day and after the third crash, I broke an arm on it. I thought it was the Bugs 3. Long story short, I got an F1. I thought I could use my Jumper. I set it to the Bugs 3 setting, paired it up and punched out on (unfortunately) a paved parking lot and it crashed exactly the same way.... it dropped out of the sky at 40-50 out and 30-feet up. Like quickly... it just shuts down 30-feet up in the air and drops dead.

I remembered that my Bugs 3 would "kind of hiccup now and then under a full-throttle with the Jumper.I was wondering if anyone thought the punch-out with the Jumper is just too hard on the electrical system or maybe too much G-Force on the gyro? I know that may sound weird, but the Jumper adds what seem nearly twice the power of the stock transmitter. So I decided to repair the first and only crash with the Force1 (Black and silver) and decided to fly it on the stock controller. Not a problem since. Long distance, fast and flying it hard. It is running just fine (for a couple of months). I fixed the broken arm from the crash.. nothing else. Seems weird and scares me about the Jumper. Anyone else experience too much power the Jumper gives you over a stock controller? I love my Jumper. I don't want to be gun shy to use it... but I want to be smart about using it on this and other drones. Thanks for any comments or help. They are much appreciated.

More
07 Sep 2019 08:32 #75083 by davdrone1
Replied by davdrone1 on topic Mjx Bugs 3 Drops out of Sky ? Crash at 30-feet
You may have a bad antenna. My experience with control failure with my Jumper may be relevant.

On my original Black/Silver Jumper T8SG, I unscrewed the antenna and screwed on a 2W Booster, and then attached longer antenna to the booster.
The booster requires it's own power - I plug in a small 2S lipo. My point is that if I forget to plug in the battery on the booster,
I get a beep from the Jumper and the Bugs 3 drops out of the sky. If I do a power takeoff, it may reach 30ft before the crash.
With the battery, I can fly out to at least 600m.

In your case, I would try screwing on a higher gain antenna instead of the stubby one that comes with the Jumper - they are inexpensive.
Test by flying low out over a grassy area to check range before going for a punch out.

Time flies like a banana

More
13 Nov 2019 23:43 #75434 by RCFUN0102@gmail.com
Replied by RCFUN0102@gmail.com on topic Mjx Bugs 3 new T8SG carbon
Hey Folks,

Well I just picked up the carbon v2 version of t8sg...I binded to bugs-3 and the left stick seems fine but any movement on the right stick she (quad) wants to flip...anyone seen this before? Thanks...

-RCFuns Diversions

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds