Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire

More
05 Feb 2020 14:02 #75887 by Tubic
Replied by Tubic on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Ok, i want to get CRSF working, i have latest nightly build 69a18e2.

What more do i need to do to get CRSF Configuration working (preferebly with 3.24 CRSF firmware CRSFShot)

If there is a hardware mod needed, just draw it or take a pic of the back pins and doodle it.

Help us out here.

PS. My CRSF micro shines out of the box.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2020 14:41 #75888 by Konatsu
Replied by Konatsu on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Dude just read this thread. There is a video of it...

More
28 Feb 2020 11:06 #75976 by Omnipresent_Walrus
Replied by Omnipresent_Walrus on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Hi there, new user, considering getting the new JumperTX TS8G.

Just want to clarify regarding binding support on CRSF.

I have read elsewhere that in order to bind to a receiver you require an OpenTX radio. Is this still true or is this now supported in deviation?

I'm asking in this thread as it seems to be the most recent on the topic.

TIA

More
28 Feb 2020 11:51 - 28 Feb 2020 11:52 #75977 by Hans-Udo
Replied by Hans-Udo on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Hi, you can bind also with the Jumper T8SG V2+ and deviation software.
Last edit: 28 Feb 2020 11:52 by Hans-Udo.

More
07 Mar 2020 14:35 #76042 by greppi
Replied by greppi on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
hello, I connected the t8sg jumper to the pc but the dfuse upgrade program does not detect me why ? drivers are already up to date

More
07 Mar 2020 14:40 #76043 by greppi
hello, I connected the t8sg jumper to the pc but the dfuse upgrade program does not detect me why ? drivers are already up to date
Attachments:

More
07 Mar 2020 15:17 #76044 by Konatsu

More
07 Mar 2020 16:59 #76045 by greppi
and the same as I have

More
08 Mar 2020 11:23 #76048 by greppi
Hello, I managed to make laggionameto at the t8sg crossfire but does not read it on betaflight what should I do?

More
01 Apr 2020 19:53 #76130 by yammahoppy
Replied by yammahoppy on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Is the hardware mod required on a new (3/2020) T8sg Carbon?

More
02 Jun 2020 07:23 #76413 by bruce
Replied by bruce on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Hi everyone,
I've recently installed my first Crossfire nano diversity receiver in a Quad. I'm using a Jumper T8SGV2 Plus running firmware t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-2bf5e52. This one of the firmware versions listed in this thread. I'm using the Crossfire Micro TX and the TX/RX are running current Crossfire firmware. I performed the hardware mod in the T8SG, the CRSF menu works and I can configure the Crossfire Micro TX, the RX is bound. Happy days.

I notice that the GPS co-ordinate telemetry data is incorrect as displayed on the Jumper T8SGV2 plus.

The Quad is running BF4.1.7, and has a small GPS receiver on board. It reports the correct location to Betaflight Configurator and sends the correct GPS coordinates to the OSD. The problem is that on the Jumper radio, GPS telemetry is reporting the incorrect coordinates. I am located on east coast of Australia (lattitude -27, longitude 153), and the location reported is in Ethopia. The speed and altitude telemetry data seem to be correct.

Pictures of Betaflight and the radio are attached for comparison

I'm not sure that the problem is with the radio firmware, but I'm wondering if anyone might have a suggestion on how to have the correct GPS location telemetry data displayed? Thanks in advance
Attachments:

More
06 Jun 2020 20:44 #76430 by Lu
Replied by Lu on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
Hi, have you found out if the mod is required on the new t8sg carbon? What nightbuild is the right one for the carbon edition? Thanks.

More
09 Jun 2020 03:14 #76441 by thegk
Replied by thegk on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
I am working to determine if the Jumper T8SG v2 Plus Carbon (board marked v3) actually needs the mod. Upon first inspection my feeling is yes.

The good news is it appears that Jumper may have done us a favor and added solder pads that can be bridged to connect the pins as with the previous mod for Yellow V2 plus.

I will take some video and get it up later but am still confirming what I can with the multimeter.

I also find that the micro module doesn't seat well in the case. Perhaps someone can speak to this issue.

More
09 Jun 2020 16:21 #76444 by Lu
Yes, you need to fiddle a bit with the module until you manage to get it in the case. Once it is in and you turn on the TX the module will light up. The thing is that when you select the CRSF protocol nothing happens there is no menus or any other options. I guess that we need to update the firmware but I am concerned about doing it because this is a new jumper t8sg v3 plus and I am not sure if the firmware will be compatible. I don't have much experience upgrading the firmware and I would not like to brick my TX.

More
16 Jun 2020 19:39 #76485 by Lu
I managed to bind the crossfire module to the xf nano receiver with the module connected to the jumper t8sg carbon edition. And I also managed to get it working but using the PPM protocol instead of CRSF. I haven't been able to go out and fly yet but in betaflight all seems to be working fine, sticks, modes... I don't know how but the jumper and the crossfire module appear to be communicating to each other. I just plugged in the module, bound it to the receiver and selected the PPM protocol. I didn't even have to bridge the pins in the jumper.

More
10 Jul 2020 13:08 #76578 by thegk
Happy to report my suspicions were correct and that with a small hardware mod and appropriate firmware the Jumper T8SG v2 Plus Carbon , the V3 board and LCD screen (NOT OLED) have crossfire microtx working and with a working menu interface for binding and general setting changes.

Similar to to the mod for the yellow V2 plus a jump between 1st and 5th pin must be made and the 1st pin removed. However, Jumper added a nice solder/jumper pad we can do this on so no extra wire. The firmware for the V2 plus carbon, given that it is not an OLED, should actually be the plain v2 firmware and I used the most recent nightly to get crossfire working as the ones from [hexfet] configuration downloads have a font error when using voice.ini in the media folder. I will post a video and some pictures over the weekend explaining it all.

Does anyone know if there is a method for switching the power to the module bay via software or an .ini files, otherwise my next small mod is to add a switch to the power/ground pin in order to be able to leave module in without it always being on.

Honestly it's a real shame there isn't more ongoing deviation development for both hardware and software. The simplicity of interface and model storage and usb transfer is so nice. I may even have to look into seeing how I can help given my background.

More
18 Jul 2020 14:05 #76592 by kinzy66
Replied by kinzy66 on topic Jumper T8SG V2 Plus and Crossfire
I have to say a big thank you for your post. I have the T8SG Carbon version and could not get it working. The Micro TX V2 powered up and was already bound via my Radiomaster TX16s. I did the removal of the first pin and soldered a wire across the remainder of the pin and pin 5 but no joy until I read your post. I installed the latest Nightly build V2 NON plus (Non OLED) firmware and that did it. Everything works can even change the power settings. Works an absolute dream with no issues.

More
31 Aug 2020 15:30 #76739 by yammahoppy
Hey TheGK,

When you did the pin mod via th solder pads did you just solder the 2 pads together or did you g ofrom one of the pads to the #5 pin.

Thanks in advance ......

More
31 Aug 2020 16:25 #76740 by thegk
Yammahoppy,

I just soldered the two pads together. See photos attached. I also added a switch to be able to turn the power to the bay on and off. While your in there solder your anteanna adapter on as well. You'll be much happier when your antenna doesn't come out with the adapter after its too tight one time.

I swear ill finish editing and get the video i made up to youtube soon.

GK.
Attachments:

More
31 Aug 2020 18:34 #76741 by yammahoppy
Are the pads in noted in the photo the ones you soldered together. I also see you cut pinf #2, was that for the switch you installed.......I will probably not do a switch mod I am just trying to get the crossfire module to work.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds