Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

• koehlerr11
26 Feb 2022 21:53
Replied by koehlerr11 on topic Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3

Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3

Category: General Discussions

So I tried the Freq - Fine in steps of 20 to the end of both ranges and nothing. I tried using the bind button on the quad and also using the bind_rx command in beta flight. It went into bind mode but didn’t bind. Then I bound it in Frsky X protocol and it went through the binding sequence of flashing lights and seemed to bind. When it is connected in beta flight it reacts to stick movements and seems to be bound. But I can’t get it to arm. If it is reacting to stick movements in bf is it bound?
  • hexfet
26 Feb 2022 20:03
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Category: Protocol Development

LAM_FPV wrote: Hi i have tested the last version everything works good. The only problem i have is that the module restart all my settings when i reboot the transmitter. Rate. Telemetry power etc... any idea ?

I have betafpv 1w tx betafpv rx elrs 2.2.0
Thanks !

Interesting! I had not noticed this behavior before but I think it's consistent with the description on the ELRS Model Matching page . If your model's Fixed ID is outside the range 0(None)-63 then this explains the behavior you're seeing. I can duplicate the behavior on my HappyModel ES2400TX.

For Fixed IDs from 0-63 (Deviation displays 0 as None) the ELRS Model Matching feature is in effect. The doc at the link above says that even if the Model Match setting is Off, ELRS stores some parameters based on Fixed ID, with up to 64 sets of parameters. For Fixed IDs outside that range ELRS boots up with the default parameter settings.

Try changing the Fixed ID to something in the range None-63 for each of your ELRS models. It's fine to use the same Fixed ID in multiple models if you don't use Model Match and do want the models to use the same ELRS parameter settings.

Also want to mention there is a fix in ELRS master branch that may also be needed, though if the Fixed ID change works then the ELRS fix will only help the menus load faster. The ELRS change will be included in the 2.3 version.
  • hexfet
26 Feb 2022 19:34

expressLRS

mooiweertje wrote: Hi, I'm sorry I am not giving feedback anymore.
I have family in Ukraine and busy getting them out. Not that I can do much but ok.
flew once this week and seemed to work fine and smooth.

No worries. Hope your family stays safe and whole.
  • hexfet
26 Feb 2022 19:22
Replied by hexfet on topic Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3

Order doesn't matter. All the working values will be in one contiguous range. Find the two ends of that range, then set the value in the middle.
  • mooiweertje
26 Feb 2022 05:08
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Hi, I'm sorry I am not giving feedback anymore.
I have family in Ukraine and busy getting them out. Not that I can do much but ok.
flew once this week and seemed to work fine and smooth.
  • LAM_FPV
25 Feb 2022 22:54
Replied by LAM_FPV on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Hi i have tested the last version everything works good. The only problem i have is that the module restart all my settings when i reboot the transmitter. Rate. Telemetry power etc... any idea ?

I have betafpv 1w tx betafpv rx elrs 2.2.0
Thanks !
  • koehlerr11
25 Feb 2022 18:32
Replied by koehlerr11 on topic Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3

Yes, that is the quad and I had read the same thing - use just plain Frsky. I tried that many times and no luck. I also read about Freq-Fine adjusting and had not tried that. I'll give it a shot and let you know if I get anywhere. I'm a total novice at this so hopefully I do it in the correct order or sequence. Thanks.
  • BrunoK
25 Feb 2022 08:54
Replied by BrunoK on topic Mistake made at installing

Mistake made at installing

Category: Feedback & Questions

Thanks You for the answer.
Bruno
  • hexfet
25 Feb 2022 02:05
Replied by hexfet on topic Mistake made at installing

I don't have an 8s to test, but if DFuse recognizes it you should be able to start from the beginning. Installation directions are here
  • hexfet
25 Feb 2022 02:03
Replied by hexfet on topic Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3

If this is the quad you're talking about the site says it is Frsky D8, which in Deviation is just plain "Frsky".

Have you tried the frequency tuning? Click on the protocol name and adjust the Freq-Fine up and down in steps of 20 and try binding each time. Freq-Coarse doesn't do anything helpful and should be 0.
  • koehlerr11
24 Feb 2022 18:07
Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3 was created by koehlerr11

I've seen some posts talking about difficulty in getting the TH2 Freestyle to bind with the Jumpers. I have the T8SG V3 Carbon. It was easy to bind a BUGS3, but I can't get the TH2 Freestyle to bind. I've tried the three different FRSKY protocols in the T8SG. It seems to bind on the FRSKY X protocol but won't fire. I have programmed and reprogramed the switches and can't get it to arm.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  • BrunoK
24 Feb 2022 12:51
Mistake made at installing was created by BrunoK

Hello, my name is Bruno Karlsson and I made a mistake when I installed Deviation 5.0.0 in my Devo 8s. By mistake I did not choose all files I should have chosen when installing the program. Now my computer does not recognize the Tx only partially. I does not show up with an E: .However the DeFuse program recognizes the Tx. What can I dp now? Is there some way to delete the Tx memory and start all over again?

Best Regards Bruno Karlsson
  • hexfet
21 Feb 2022 14:26
Replied by hexfet on topic walkera deviation as joystick

walkera deviation as joystick

Select USBHID as the protocol on the model config page. Here's the description from the manual:

The USBHID protocol will convert he transmitter into a USB joystick. Connecting the transmitter to a PC via the USB cable will enable the transmitter to be detected as a joystick by the computer. This may be used to enable the transmitter to control any simulators that support joystick input. Some initial calibration may be necessary and is accomplished via the control panel applet of your operating system.
  • oskarra
21 Feb 2022 11:47
walkera deviation as joystick was created by oskarra

walkera deviation as joystick

hi , i use a walkera devo 8s with deviation tx 5.0 and i am trying to connect as joystick by usb, i dont know which parameter y have to change for use my RC as joystic and connect it by usb.thanks
  • Donthemon
21 Feb 2022 09:53
Windows 11 support was created by Donthemon

Windows 11 support

My much loved Windows 10 laptop recently died and I replaced it with a new laptop that came with Windows 11 pre-installed. Disaster!

I now can't do any upgrades/installs onto my Devo 7e, as Windows 11 either doesn't see STM32 DFU as valid or cannot find a driver for it. Also, from searches on the web, STM32 DFU doesn't seem to be supported on Windows 11 at all and there are various comments about problems with support of USB 3 (and that's what my new laptop has).

Does anyone have any idea how I can still use the tried and tested uploaders I've used in the past with my new Windows 11 laptop? Also, as a general warning to all of you keen hackers out there, stay with your tried and trusted Windows 10. Windows 11 is not the marvellous cure-all Microsoft would have you believe.
  • hexfet
20 Feb 2022 16:05 - 20 Feb 2022 18:11

expressLRS

Thanks for taking a look. Yes there are a few reasons not to put the bitrate setting with the TX module.

Test build is updated - 9c4e73b . I did decide to change the bitrate settings to use abbreviations - it looks better. This build also has a change to support 1000Hz packet rate. Looks like that will be coming soon in ELRS.

I've seen some videos of the storms over there. Not flying weather.
  • mooiweertje
19 Feb 2022 10:10
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

I installed 0150291 and #1435. All seems to work.

Any bitrate format is fine with me. It fits in the screen so.. You can also say, legacy, megabaud, multimega or something to make it more snappy.

From a ui design it may be nice to have the baud rate setting part of the TX module settings since that is where the setting is for. From a technical point of view that may be tricky so I understand why better not.

We have terrible weather, storm and rain so I am not sure when the next flight is going to be.
  • hexfet
17 Feb 2022 19:38

expressLRS

New test build is available - 0150291 . It implements the idea in the previous post - it works well. After clicking on the protocol name the current model name will appear at the bottom of the device list. Clicking on the model name allows.the bit rate to be set. I chose to display the model name to emphasize the bit rate is stored separately for each model.

The available bitrates are 400K, 1.87M, and 2.25M. The ELRS PR #1435 is needed to run 2.25M, or just add 2.25M to the baudrates array in the code. This is the fastest I could get the serial link to run.

The ELRS protocol is no longer needed but I left it in the test build so as not to break any model files. It is now identical to CRSF so it needs to be removed before a merge to master. With the test build any models with ELRS as the protocol will revert to 400Kbps. While the rate can be changed with ELRS still set as the protocol, please change to CRSF so models won't be affected by a future upgrade to a nightly build.

Comments invited! Maybe the bitrate selections should use abbreviations instead of showing the full bitrate number?
  • jfitz66
16 Feb 2022 17:28
Replied by jfitz66 on topic Should i use lipo in devo 10?

Should i use lipo in devo 10?

I have several Devo10's and have the gain set to the highest. I've never had an issue using 3s 2200mh lipo batteries. Always fully charged before I leave for the day. I wonder morenabout the receivers. I currently use 4 or 5 cell nimh. I'd like to switch to LiFe but wonder if I should use a bec set to 6 volts
  • -=Hubi-Dirk=-
16 Feb 2022 13:26 - 16 Feb 2022 13:29
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Receiver Voltage limits

Receiver Voltage limits

jfitz66 wrote: Will the extra voltage from the LIFE battery do any harm?

And if so, then you lose the whole model because the Walkera RX fails due to the overvoltage? Is that really worth the risk? What about the electronics connected to the receiver, like servos or an ESC? Can they handle this voltage?

What is the final charge voltage of the LiFe batteries when they are 100% fully charged? I found 3.65V, so that would be 7.3V instead of the 6.6V you mentioned.

My suggestion would be to reduce the voltage safely to 5 volts. Look for so called StepDown or Buck Converters, which always give the same output voltage at different input voltages. There are for example types with 5V / 3A.

Here is an example: www.adafruit.com/product/1385
Displaying 501 - 520 out of 76173 results.
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds