expressLRS

More
25 Feb 2022 22:54 #77858 by LAM_FPV
Replied by LAM_FPV on topic expressLRS
Hi i have tested the last version everything works good. The only problem i have is that the module restart all my settings when i reboot the transmitter. Rate. Telemetry power etc... any idea ?

I have betafpv 1w tx betafpv rx elrs 2.2.0
Thanks !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2022 05:08 #77859 by mooiweertje
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS
Hi, I'm sorry I am not giving feedback anymore.
I have family in Ukraine and busy getting them out. Not that I can do much but ok.
flew once this week and seemed to work fine and smooth.

More
26 Feb 2022 19:34 #77862 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS

mooiweertje wrote: Hi, I'm sorry I am not giving feedback anymore.
I have family in Ukraine and busy getting them out. Not that I can do much but ok.
flew once this week and seemed to work fine and smooth.

No worries. Hope your family stays safe and whole.

More
26 Feb 2022 20:03 #77863 by hexfet

LAM_FPV wrote: Hi i have tested the last version everything works good. The only problem i have is that the module restart all my settings when i reboot the transmitter. Rate. Telemetry power etc... any idea ?

Thanks !

Interesting! I had not noticed this behavior before but I think it's consistent with the description on the ELRS Model Matching page . If your model's Fixed ID is outside the range 0(None)-63 then this explains the behavior you're seeing. I can duplicate the behavior on my HappyModel ES2400TX.

For Fixed IDs from 0-63 (Deviation displays 0 as None) the ELRS Model Matching feature is in effect. The doc at the link above says that even if the Model Match setting is Off, ELRS stores some parameters based on Fixed ID, with up to 64 sets of parameters. For Fixed IDs outside that range ELRS boots up with the default parameter settings.

Try changing the Fixed ID to something in the range None-63 for each of your ELRS models. It's fine to use the same Fixed ID in multiple models if you don't use Model Match and do want the models to use the same ELRS parameter settings.

Also want to mention there is a fix in ELRS master branch that may also be needed, though if the Fixed ID change works then the ELRS fix will only help the menus load faster. The ELRS change will be included in the 2.3 version.

More
26 Feb 2022 22:28 - 26 Feb 2022 22:32 #77865 by LAM_FPV
Replied by LAM_FPV on topic expressLRS
WOW ! proud to say that now everything works perfectly ! My problem was an fixed ID problem. I put 1 on fixed ID and now everything is OK ! Thank you so much !

It seems like 400k and 1.87M bitrate work well, wich one do you advice to use ?

Ok for the 2.3 i will flash it as soon as it will be released !
Last edit: 26 Feb 2022 22:32 by LAM_FPV.

More
27 Feb 2022 14:48 - 27 Feb 2022 18:53 #77866 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS
Testing on 2.4g with eLRS 2.2. latest deviationTX build linked above.

Connection defaults to 150hz which is not correct for 2.4g systems, every time I put in a new pack the connection is set to 150hz.
Anytime the RX restarts the TX is defaulting to 150hz, I believe the prior packet rate should be retained (as on EdgeTX).
Last edit: 27 Feb 2022 18:53 by belrik.

More
27 Feb 2022 20:14 #77867 by hexfet

belrik wrote: Testing on 2.4g with eLRS 2.2. latest deviationTX build linked above.

Connection defaults to 150hz which is not correct for 2.4g systems, every time I put in a new pack the connection is set to 150hz.
Anytime the RX restarts the TX is defaulting to 150hz, I believe the prior packet rate should be retained (as on EdgeTX).

Sounds like the same thing as described in my previous post. Change your model's Fixed ID to 63 or less. ELRS saves some TX settings even when not using Model Match, but only for model id's 0-63. For CRSF Deviation treats any Fixed ID over 63 as 255. ELRS treats this as "no model id defined" and doesn't store settings in that condition.

I see that EdgeTX only allows the model id (Receiver) to be set 0-63, so it's never the "off" value. That's probably a good UI choice. There may be some users that want to change settings but not have them saved past the current power cycle. But judging by these two questions it seems mainly to cause confusion. I'll think about a change.

More
27 Feb 2022 20:20 #77868 by mooiweertje
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS
Maybe just lower the value to 63 when elrs is selected? Is not ideal but works and is less confusing.

More
27 Feb 2022 20:43 #77870 by belrik
Thanks, confused as to why model ID was in play, thought it was left as default... Guess default is not 0 like I expected.

hexfet wrote:

LAM_FPV wrote: Hi i have tested the last version everything works good. The only problem i have is that the module restart all my settings when i reboot the transmitter. Rate. Telemetry power etc... any idea ?

Thanks !

Interesting! I had not noticed this behavior before but I think it's consistent with the description on the ELRS Model Matching page . If your model's Fixed ID is outside the range 0(None)-63 then this explains the behavior you're seeing. I can duplicate the behavior on my HappyModel ES2400TX.

For Fixed IDs from 0-63 (Deviation displays 0 as None) the ELRS Model Matching feature is in effect. The doc at the link above says that even if the Model Match setting is Off, ELRS stores some parameters based on Fixed ID, with up to 64 sets of parameters. For Fixed IDs outside that range ELRS boots up with the default parameter settings.

Try changing the Fixed ID to something in the range None-63 for each of your ELRS models. It's fine to use the same Fixed ID in multiple models if you don't use Model Match and do want the models to use the same ELRS parameter settings.

Also want to mention there is a fix in ELRS master branch that may also be needed, though if the Fixed ID change works then the ELRS fix will only help the menus load faster. The ELRS change will be included in the 2.3 version.

More
27 Feb 2022 20:47 #77871 by hexfet
That seems reasonable and is easier than making warning dialog. I am curious why ELRS has the feature of not storing settings if model id is 255 (or maybe anything over 63). I'll look at that code's history.

More
27 Feb 2022 22:40 #77872 by hexfet
New test build is available - 5889e07 . This build sends a model id of 0 to ELRS if the Deviation Fixed ID is greater than 63. I'll probably make a change to the UI so it's only possible to set a CRSF fixed id in the range 0-63 but UI changes take more time.

From looking at the ELRS code I learned the situation is a little different than what I thought. The fixed id of 255 meaning model match is off only applies to the RX. When sending a model id to the TX it should always be in the range 0-63.

More
28 Feb 2022 16:53 #77873 by belrik

hexfet wrote: New test build is available - 5889e07 . This build sends a model id of 0 to ELRS if the Deviation Fixed ID is greater than 63. I'll probably make a change to the UI so it's only possible to set a CRSF fixed id in the range 0-63 but UI changes take more time.

From looking at the ELRS code I learned the situation is a little different than what I thought. The fixed id of 255 meaning model match is off only applies to the RX. When sending a model id to the TX it should always be in the range 0-63.

Now I get the normal 500Hz default for my models, which is what I would expect when not using Model Match. Thanks.

More
28 Feb 2022 17:01 #77874 by hexfet
Great, thanks for reporting back.

I've merged the pending PR and the fixed id change so the Deviation master branch is the latest (and same as the latest test build). I put a "nightly build" in the Test Build section on deviationtx.com. Still working on the CI build changes.

More
02 Mar 2022 02:06 #77878 by InGage
Replied by InGage on topic expressLRS
Hi, I just built the recent firmware for my carbon fiber t8sg v2 and I was wondering if I still need to do the pin mod to get elrs to work. Thanks!

More
02 Mar 2022 02:26 #77880 by hexfet
Yes, the mod is still needed. That can't be solved with just firmware..

More
06 Mar 2022 01:44 #77885 by InGage
I did the pin mod, trimmed the top pin and soldered it to the bottom pin, and I'm on your latest nightly but I'm not getting anything in my crsf menu. I flashed with uart_inverted disabled and opentx_sync disabled. My module is a hm es24tx (not the pro). What PPM in setting am I supposed to use in my model menu? Right now all of them give me no options in the crsf menu.

More
06 Mar 2022 03:58 #77886 by hexfet
Opentx sync should be enabled. Don't know what happens if it's not.
ELRS master branch has a fix that eliminates some serial port errors, but 2.2 seems to still work.
PPM In should be None. The bidirectional serial port protocols like CRSF can't be used with PPM since they use the same serial port.

More
06 Mar 2022 05:28 #77887 by InGage
For some reason I had it in my head that I somehow had to enable the external module like in edge tx... It works great with ppm in set to none. I turned off openTX sync trying to get it to work, it worked with it off but I reflashed it with it enabled.

Thanks for everything!

More
06 Mar 2022 13:19 #77888 by hexfet
Glad to hear you got it going. Thanks for posting.

More
08 Mar 2022 12:49 #77889 by marcus0304
Replied by marcus0304 on topic expressLRS
Hi

I use BetaFPV ELRS Micro TX Module 1W Edition at Jumper t8sg v3 it works great.

But there are nothing in CRSF but "bit rate" when I use Jumper 2.4G ELRS TX Module AION NANO at DEVO 7E.
I use transmitter’s trainer port (tip connector) to connect this module and it can bind a receiver and work normally.

Is it normal for Devo 7E using a CRSF protocol (also ELRS) or something i have done wrong.

firmware : dba34f0
Thanks.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds