expressLRS

More
13 Jun 2022 07:36 - 13 Jun 2022 07:47 #78013 by tonh
Replied by tonh on topic expressLRS
Isn't that a complex aux channel where you'd set 3 mixers..

page 01 (eg: sw H0) mux=replace fixed scale= -100 src=none
page 02 (eg:sw H1) mux=replace fixed scale=100 src=none
page 03 (eg:sw G0) mux=replace fixed scale= -100 src=none

If I'm not mistaken.. this way, to have this aus channel to go to 100 you must have SW H up and SW G0 up (not down) as well... but this would not work if sw g0 was momentary... and.. I would never use this for arming because now I've got 2 switches that accidentally allow disarming..
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way to do it though..

But maybe I'm misreading your question. ;-)

Let us know if the ag01minis work!! (but maybe not in the elrs subthread.. )
Last edit: 13 Jun 2022 07:47 by tonh.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2022 15:10 #78031 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS
Apologies for cluttering the eLRS thread.... But it's fairly quiet. The AG01 minis are working great! On the T8SGv2 they fit into the same gimbal mounts and the plugs are the same. However, the corners of the module bay must be cut to fit the deeper gimbals in. This requires removing material around 10mm into the module bay floor and walls for the length of the gimbal. Doesn't affect the security of the module and if the module is present you won't get dirt in there. The modification is not visible with a module attached in normal use.

On a sad note I cannot find a way to use a momentary switch in a 2-switch arming sequence and today I bumped the radio and cut my fingers when a quad started in my hand. Gimbals feel great, I just want a way to put arming on a 2-pos plus pressing a trim switch at the same time for safety.

tonh wrote: Isn't that a complex aux channel where you'd set 3 mixers..

page 01 (eg: sw H0) mux=replace fixed scale= -100 src=none
page 02 (eg:sw H1) mux=replace fixed scale=100 src=none
page 03 (eg:sw G0) mux=replace fixed scale= -100 src=none

If I'm not mistaken.. this way, to have this aus channel to go to 100 you must have SW H up and SW G0 up (not down) as well... but this would not work if sw g0 was momentary... and.. I would never use this for arming because now I've got 2 switches that accidentally allow disarming..
I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way to do it though..

But maybe I'm misreading your question. ;-)

Let us know if the ag01minis work!! (but maybe not in the elrs subthread.. )

More
23 Aug 2022 09:39 - 23 Aug 2022 09:40 #78057 by LAM_FPV
Replied by LAM_FPV on topic expressLRS
Hi Hexfet, No one of the firmware on this discussion is anymore available to download.
I have found the nightly build page here : https://www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/2876-hexfet-nightly-build

Is it ok ? May we can download these firmware to use the latest version of ELRS firmware ? (in my case for T8SG v2 Plus)
Last edit: 23 Aug 2022 09:40 by LAM_FPV.

More
24 Aug 2022 15:11 #78061 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS
Yes, that link has builds of the latest firmware.

More
24 Aug 2022 17:58 #78062 by LAM_FPV
Replied by LAM_FPV on topic expressLRS
Thank you for your answer !

Is it ok to use datalog with this firmware ?
In fact i have bricked my t8sg trying to do this. That's why now i need to reflash the firmware.

More
27 Aug 2022 16:52 #78065 by hexfet
This firmware won't introduce any new problems with datalog. I haven't used datalog enough to know if it has some bug already.

More
14 Sep 2022 13:46 #78090 by mooiweertje
Replied by mooiweertje on topic expressLRS
Long time no see! ELRS 3.0 is out and I tried it out. On F1000 there is an occasional twitch in the flight. Haven't extensively tested it yet..

More
14 Sep 2022 18:49 #78091 by belrik

mooiweertje wrote: Long time no see! ELRS 3.0 is out and I tried it out. On F1000 there is an occasional twitch in the flight. Haven't extensively tested it yet..

Flown most of my eLRS v3 test packs on deviationTX, at 500Hz it's been rock solid!
I might consider D500 but I haven't tried F1000 on deviationTX yet. Liking regular 500Hz cos it works for my SPI RX boards too.

More
15 Sep 2022 13:21 #78092 by hexfet
Please post anything more you learn. Won't be able to try 3.0 myself till mid-October.

More
19 Nov 2022 13:46 #78112 by belrik

hexfet wrote: Please post anything more you learn. Won't be able to try 3.0 myself till mid-October.

Running on eLRS v3.0.1 now and your last build. Everything is working well except when I enter the VTX Admin menu.... Trying to do anything in the VTX admin causes the radio to power off!

I am using the BetaFPV 1W Micro TX and I've flashed the backpack. Under EdgeTX this allows the user to pick band/channel/power and attempt to send it. Goggles and quad should then update VTX settings.

Never seen a bug that caused the radio to totally power off before, not a freeze but totally shutdown.

More
29 Nov 2022 23:24 - 29 Nov 2022 23:48 #78119 by hexfet
I will take a look. Likely the config menus have grown and are overflowing buffers.

Edit: confirm I can duplicate the problem
Last edit: 29 Nov 2022 23:48 by hexfet.

More
30 Nov 2022 04:50 #78121 by hexfet
New nightly build has a fix for this.

Problem turned out to be special Lua characters sent by ELRS in the Pitmode option list. Deviation doesn't know Lua special characters. For now I've replaced the up-arrow with 'u' and down-arrow with 'd'.

More
30 Nov 2022 14:43 #78122 by belrik

hexfet wrote: New nightly build has a fix for this.

Problem turned out to be special Lua characters sent by ELRS in the Pitmode option list. Deviation doesn't know Lua special characters. For now I've replaced the up-arrow with 'u' and down-arrow with 'd'.

Confirm that the crashing is resolved now. I need to test the channel changing later but everything looks smooth and no more errors in the menus.

More
02 Dec 2022 14:22 #78127 by josegabi
Replied by josegabi on topic expressLRS
Hello everyone.
I have a Devo 10 and I'm delighted with it.
I want to add an external ELRS module and I don't know which one to buy to add it.....
I also have a Jumper T Lite JP4in1, to play in simulator mainly and I would prefer to be able to share the module between both.
On the other hand, the subject of the connection to the module, is it documented somewhere?

More
03 Dec 2022 01:02 #78128 by hexfet
There's just a couple sentences about it in the User Manual in the CRSF section: "The CRSF protocol sends Crossfire protocol serial data on the transmitter’s trainer port (tip connector). The trainer port ring is ground. To enable telemetry the serial input must be tied to serial output. For the trainer port tie tip to ring1."

Easiest would be to make an adapter cable with a stereo (three-wire) plug to insert into the trainer jack on the devo 10. Tie the tip and ring1 together and connect to the CRSF pin on your ELRS module. The outside ring wire goes to the ground pin on the ELRS module.

More
15 Dec 2022 16:26 #78135 by Slawyn41
Replied by Slawyn41 on topic expressLRS
SO I UPDATED MY TX with the latest version of deviation tx useing crsf protocol but it doesnt recognise my tx module
i use a tx8 by radiomaster infact the module doesnt even power on and to flash the module i need wifi to do it (betafpv 2.4 mirco 1 watt)
so i think im supposed to flash some other software to my tx8 but im not sure where it can be found

More
15 Dec 2022 16:46 #78136 by belrik

Slawyn41 wrote: SO I UPDATED MY TX with the latest version of deviation tx useing crsf protocol but it doesnt recognise my tx module
i use a tx8 by radiomaster infact the module doesnt even power on and to flash the module i need wifi to do it (betafpv 2.4 mirco 1 watt)
so i think im supposed to flash some other software to my tx8 but im not sure where it can be found

Have you modded the radio, assuming this is identical to the T8SGv2 then by default it doesn't support Crossfire or eLRS? Search for the CRSF mod. You should at least see the module power on or it's possible that the pins are damaged or simply not passing power to the module.

More
15 Dec 2022 16:53 #78137 by Slawyn41
i have bridged the 1st and the last pins dont the mod , the module powers on with usb but not with the transmitter

More
15 Dec 2022 17:48 #78138 by belrik

Slawyn41 wrote: i have bridged the 1st and the last pins dont the mod , the module powers on with usb but not with the transmitter

Have you enabled the external module in DeviationTX and can you put a multimeter on the pin to see if any are live? I can't remember if DeviationTX switches off power if the external module is disabled or not but this is something to check.

More
16 Dec 2022 14:00 #78139 by Slawyn41
I DUNNO HOW TO ENABLE EXTERNAL RF AND I DIDNT FIND ANY INFO ON IT ONLINE

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds