expressLRS

More
08 Mar 2022 14:51 #77890 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS
You have not done anything wrong. The Devo 7E does not have enough program memory in its processor to hold the CRSF telemetry or parameter code. These features are not available on the 7E.

Fun to hear someone is using CRSF through the trainer port.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2022 16:56 #77891 by marcus0304
Replied by marcus0304 on topic expressLRS
I am glad to buy this jumper ELRS module. Because this module has oled screen and 5d button, i can use these for setting parameters that not available on 7E.

Thanks for your reply.

More
09 Mar 2022 04:32 #77894 by hexfet
New test build is available - d3964e5 . This has some UI improvements for the Fixed ID, which is now limited to a max of 63 in the editor. Also an update to handle new info that's being added to the ELRS info message. Please post if you have any feedback.

More
16 Mar 2022 09:28 - 16 Mar 2022 09:33 #77902 by rc manic
Replied by rc manic on topic expressLRS
Had a couple of brief flights last weekend. Everything seemed to work well. I am having issues with consistent random link loss using a HM ES24tx and betafpv 2.4 lite rx, but I think it's a hardware issue with the rx. Running ELRS 2.3

Few things noticed:
500 Hz packet rate cannot be selected unless baud rate set to 1.8M or higher. According to ELRS website, 500Hz should work with 400k baud rate?

With tx model ID limited to 0-63, if you do NOT want to use model match, my receivers have required model ID to be set at 255. Is this is in accordance with ELRS design specs? I was getting a model mismatch EVEN IF model match was set to off. People should be aware you have to set rx to model ID 255, or you will get a model mismatch error.

Yet to do more testing with betafpv micro 500mW tx to see of everything still works, once I get a new receiver.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2022 09:33 by rc manic.

More
16 Mar 2022 16:10 #77903 by tonh
Replied by tonh on topic expressLRS
Hey guys..

I've been happily flying elrs 1.0 for a long time now. Why update if it works, right? I've had some spare time last couple of days.. (caught covid... time to update everything... ;-) ) ...Been reading up on this. Am I correct in understanding that with 1.0 (Phobos' DeviationTX build) I'm not actually running 500hz? If that's the case, then I'm really going to need to update this. Really appreciate the tlc deviationtx is getting, Hexfet! thanks!!!!

More
16 Mar 2022 22:06 #77904 by hexfet

rc manic wrote: 500 Hz packet rate cannot be selected unless baud rate set to 1.8M or higher. According to ELRS website, 500Hz should work with 400k baud rate?

I don't see this behavior. What are your other ELRS settings? Are you testing with receiver connected or not?
I'm able to select 500Hz with bitrate 400K on ELRS 2.3. The only problem I saw happened when switching from 1.87M to 400K while the packet rate was 500. In that case the ELRS info message didn't seem to be working (haven't debugged yet). But otherwise I didn't have any issues with 500Hz at 400K.

With tx model ID limited to 0-63, if you do NOT want to use model match, my receivers have required model ID to be set at 255. Is this is in accordance with ELRS design specs? I was getting a model mismatch EVEN IF model match was set to off. People should be aware you have to set rx to model ID 255, or you will get a model mismatch error..

That sounds consistent with what's described in the Model Match section on this page .

More
16 Mar 2022 22:13 #77905 by hexfet

tonh wrote: Hey guys..

I've been happily flying elrs 1.0 for a long time now. Why update if it works, right? I've had some spare time last couple of days.. (caught covid... time to update everything... ;-) ) ...Been reading up on this. Am I correct in understanding that with 1.0 (Phobos' DeviationTX build) I'm not actually running 500hz? If that's the case, then I'm really going to need to update this. Really appreciate the tlc deviationtx is getting, Hexfet! thanks!!!!

Thank you! I'm a little uncertain about the version numbers you're giving. You should be using ELRS 2.X version else the config pages won't work.

I think you might be using "1.0" as the change Phobos made in Deviation. That change adds support for multiple packet rates including 500Hz. However it did not implement full CRSFshot. I saw an ELRS change go by a few weeks ago that I think made CRSFshot required, but I didn't look into what ELRS does if it's not there.

There are several other improvements as well and you should definitely upgrade. Latest test build - d3964e5 .

More
17 Mar 2022 00:39 - 17 Mar 2022 00:43 #77906 by rc manic
Replied by rc manic on topic expressLRS
So, looks like tx/rx connected at appropriate rate. However tx elrs menu gets stuck in updating good/bad packet rate display, states LOADING and stays there.

Rx elrs menu shows correct good/bad packet rate and connection status.

TLM 1/64
Occurs with rx on/off.
Last edit: 17 Mar 2022 00:43 by rc manic.

More
17 Mar 2022 02:31 #77907 by hexfet
Okay, that is the same behavior I see. I'll look into what's happening in the next couple days.

More
17 Mar 2022 10:53 - 17 Mar 2022 10:58 #77908 by tonh
Ah.. sorry... I meant elrs v1.0 :-) using the deviationtx build provided by Phobos indeed.. I'll update everything in the next couple of days..

By the way.. you're compiling it for the 'plus' version, with the oled screen, no? I've got the Carbon looking 'v3' which uses the 'non plus' firmware.. it's got an lcd screen if it's not too much to ask maybe for your next build, build one for the 'non plus' version as well? If that's too much of a hassle, I'll understand!

Cheers, Ton

hexfet wrote:

tonh wrote: Hey guys..

Thank you! I'm a little uncertain about the version numbers you're giving. You should be using ELRS 2.X version else the config pages won't work.

I think you might be using "1.0" as the change Phobos made in Deviation. That change adds support for multiple packet rates including 500Hz. However it did not implement full CRSFshot. I saw an ELRS change go by a few weeks ago that I think made CRSFshot required, but I didn't look into what ELRS does if it's not there.

There are several other improvements as well and you should definitely upgrade. Latest test build - d3964e5 .

Last edit: 17 Mar 2022 10:58 by tonh.

More
17 Mar 2022 12:40 #77909 by hexfet
Not a problem. I've added the non-plus version to the current test build directory.

More
18 Mar 2022 01:16 - 18 Mar 2022 01:17 #77912 by hexfet
Test build is updated - 46e93f1 . This version has a change to fix the CRSF parameter pages getting stuck on LOADING at 400Kbps and 500Hz packet rate. In these conditions ELRS splits CRSF messages into more chunks than usual. Deviation had only allowed for a max of 5 chunks but ELRS was sending 6. Increased the limit in Deviation to 10.

Another issue may be in play as well. The ELRS master branch has a fix for a glitch on the serial line when the UART is not inverted. That fix is not included in the 2.X maintenance stream so is not in 2.3.0. The glitch may also cause errors when loading parameters. If the CRSF config menus still don't behave well with the above test build, please try it with an ELRS build from the master branch.
Last edit: 18 Mar 2022 01:17 by hexfet.

More
24 Mar 2022 09:40 - 24 Mar 2022 09:42 #77919 by KArlk.
Replied by KArlk. on topic expressLRS

marcus0304 wrote: Hi

I use BetaFPV ELRS Micro TX Module 1W Edition at Jumper t8sg v3 it works great.

But there are nothing in CRSF but "bit rate" when I use Jumper 2.4G ELRS TX Module AION NANO at DEVO 7E.
I use transmitter’s trainer port (tip connector) to connect this module and it can bind a receiver and work normally.

Is it normal for Devo 7E using a CRSF protocol (also ELRS) or something i have done wrong.

firmware : dba34f0
Thanks.

Hello,

i've been wanting to switch to elrs too. How did you use the jumper AION NANO module with the devo 7e? As far as I can see this module has only the pins for the module bay, did you somehow connect these to the trainer port of the devo? Can you explain to me how you did this?

I've tried the betafpv literadio 2se because it was cheap but I hate how unresponsive the sticks are in the middle (deadzone). Would love to use my devo7e also for elrs stuff!

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 24 Mar 2022 09:42 by KArlk..

More
25 Mar 2022 07:14 - 25 Mar 2022 07:55 #77922 by marcus0304
Replied by marcus0304 on topic expressLRS
you can refer this topic:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/how-to/3592-7e...-out-and-deviationtx

In this Topic: using trainer wire connect to OpenPilot module. this method can connect ELRS module without drill a hole at radio back plate.

I drill a hole at radio back plate and connect ELRS module's CRSF pin to Devo7E's Trainer Top tip pad at 3.5mm jack board as attached picture below.
Considering Devo7E power drain. I use DC/DC 5v step-up module supplied by battery to connect ELRS Module.

I print a nano bay adapter to mount this module:
www.thingiverse.com/thing:5169757

you also have to use 2.54 round pin header (two side male ) to connect module and wire
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Mar 2022 07:55 by marcus0304. Reason: Additional Information

More
31 Mar 2022 08:21 #77931 by KArlk.
Replied by KArlk. on topic expressLRS
Thanks for the info!

The pictures and diagrams are realy helpful. I've ordered the module and will try this as soon as it arrives.

More
03 Apr 2022 20:41 #77934 by hexfet
I've merged the latest changes and created a new nightly_build directory in the Downloads section: f6f940d

This build enforces a valid value for Fixed ID (0-63). A couple of UI improvements are included. The 1000Hz FLRC packet rate is also supported.

More
25 May 2022 17:35 #77998 by tonh

hexfet wrote: I've merged the latest changes and created a new nightly_build directory in the Downloads section: f6f940d

This build enforces a valid value for Fixed ID (0-63). A couple of UI improvements are included. The 1000Hz FLRC packet rate is also supported.

Finaaaally got around to update my t8sgv2 ... easy peasy.. and works like a charm. Why didn't I do this earlier? Having fun in Velocidrone using the bluetooth joystick function also. Excellent work. Thanks!

More
09 Jun 2022 14:32 #78005 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS
Anyone here using 2-switch arming on DeviationTX? I was thinking of using one of the trim switches plus the H switch to arm, then H to disarm. I've tried setting up a virtual channel but cannot emulate an OpenTX "sticky" logical switch in DeviationTX. Normally I can use the 2 switches to arm and then it's "sticky" until I toggle disarm - this allows for the use of something like the trim switches that are only momentary. I just need to tap the trim when I arm to avoid hitting the arm switch, but the arm switch disarms by itself.

Hoping there are some smart people out there - adding the AG01 mini gimbals to my T8SGv2 today and really want to continue using DeviationTX :)

More
12 Jun 2022 05:42 #78009 by tonh

belrik wrote: Anyone here using 2-switch arming on DeviationTX? I was thinking of using one of the trim switches plus the H switch to arm, then H to disarm. I've tried setting up a virtual channel but cannot emulate an OpenTX "sticky" logical switch in DeviationTX. Normally I can use the 2 switches to arm and then it's "sticky" until I toggle disarm - this allows for the use of something like the trim switches that are only momentary. I just need to tap the trim when I arm to avoid hitting the arm switch, but the arm switch disarms by itself.

Hoping there are some smart people out there - adding the AG01 mini gimbals to my T8SGv2 today and really want to continue using DeviationTX :)

I use pre arm and arm? Is that what you’re after? But just using the left 2 pos on the back. ( I’ve planned to swap it for a momentary one .. )

More
12 Jun 2022 09:11 - 12 Jun 2022 09:12 #78010 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic expressLRS
Like this but purely on the radio side, so looking for something like logical switches on OpenTX. In otx I use one edge trigger logical switch to record when SH goes high and one trim switch is also held, then I put a sticky logical switch on that until SH is set low.
Any equivalent in DeviationTX?
Last edit: 12 Jun 2022 09:12 by belrik.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds