expressLRS

More
19 Apr 2023 15:52 #78246 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS
Yes, that's correct. None of the limited memory transmitters support CRSF telemetry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2023 13:33 - 20 Apr 2023 13:34 #78247 by estojicmm
Replied by estojicmm on topic expressLRS
I finally found what I was doing wrong. I was connecting signal from Devo 7E to PPM pin of ELRS TX module instead of SPort pin which is next to GND.

It works now, so I can also confirm that Devo 7E works with ELRS modules.

Thank you very much Hexfet for your development which keeps our beloved Deviation TXs alive.
Last edit: 20 Apr 2023 13:34 by estojicmm.

More
20 Apr 2023 14:41 #78248 by hexfet
You're welcome. Thanks for the update!

More
21 Nov 2023 12:11 #78326 by nevro
Replied by nevro on topic expressLRS
Hello,
Just a post to say thank you;

I didn't want to buy a new radio and needed elrs: i successfully upgrade my T8SG plus v2 with elrs protocol (firmware hexfet + crossfire csrf modification + uart_inverted: "If your radio is T8SG V2 or you use Deviation firmware turn this setting off.") by putting an external betafpv micro tx module and everything is working (i'm using it also for wireless connecting to simulators with bluetooth joystick enabled).
Some years ago, i did also the voice mod that i found here.

nevro.

More
24 Nov 2023 10:43 - 24 Nov 2023 10:44 #78327 by MFLY
Replied by MFLY on topic expressLRS
Hi all, Hi Hex,

just wondering, why the files for the DEVO 10 are not showing up in the download link anymore.
I would like to also modify my radio in order to use ELRS... but couldn't find the files following the link (just empty).

27 Jan 2023 01:09 #78205
The dfu in the t8sg_v2 archive is zero length. Sorry about that. My build box has been crashing and must've interrupted that build.

I've rebuilt and re-uploaded. New download link is here

Or is it just fine to use the following file from the download section from "2021-06-11"?

deviation-devo10-v5.0.0-c84450e.zip
Thx for the work you guys put into this.

BR
Martin
Last edit: 24 Nov 2023 10:44 by MFLY.

More
24 Nov 2023 12:04 #78328 by rc manic

More
24 Nov 2023 12:41 #78329 by MFLY
Perfect!
Thank you. I will try to flash it onto my RC.

More
26 Nov 2023 14:14 - 26 Nov 2023 16:25 #78332 by ethr
Replied by ethr on topic expressLRS
Hello, If I solder connector on trainer ports board, which pins should correspond to a nano tx? Probably it would be better to solder directly to the 4 pin connector... I don't use trainer port. anyway. Here's what I found as a reference, I think devo 7e is the same.

Attachment not found

edit: I made a 3.5mm connector, as it is already mentioned earlier by Hexfet, crsf serial port goes to the tip and middle ring(together), ground goes to bottom ring. At first glance, everything works fine, And maybe I've missed something, but I haven't seen an option for receivers setting in edge tx! My devo is 7e 256. Is it really possible to achieve the high baud rate? I know redpine is faster on devo, could it be the same case with Elrs too??
Last edit: 26 Nov 2023 16:25 by ethr.

More
13 Jan 2024 18:32 #78359 by PanKek
Replied by PanKek on topic expressLRS

estojicmm wrote: I finally found what I was doing wrong. I was connecting signal from Devo 7E to PPM pin of ELRS TX module instead of SPort pin which is next to GND.

It works now, so I can also confirm that Devo 7E works with ELRS modules.

Thank you very much Hexfet for your development which keeps our beloved Deviation TXs alive.

Hello
I also want to install an ELRS module to my Devo 7E. But I need to know if it works as an every day transmitter to control a quad. If it's a reliable RC link, without causing runaways, or sadden disarms, or other issues in Betaflight. And what range it gives you.
Thanks

More
19 Jan 2024 23:20 - 19 Jan 2024 23:24 #78360 by MFLY
Hi all,

wanted to give ashort update.
The update onto "devo10-v5.0.0-408f8c0" worked like a charm.
In the meantime i soldered together a DIY TX Module (based on ESP32 with E28 TX Chip) as shown in on of the photos. I flashed the current ELRS version on it Release 3.3.2. Is it required to downgrade it?
I wanted to replace the old module with the ELRS DIY TX module. Before burning up something and to be on the safe side... where exactly do i solder up the three wires Signal, GND and V+?

I found some schema illustrating the pin-outs as well as soldering points on the board... however those were referring for the 4in1 module. Is it correct, that i can pull GRD and V+ from pin-out. Pin 6 for V+ and GRD 3 or 8? Which pin od soldering point on the board do i use for the signal cable?

Appretiate your feedback.

Thank you + BR
Martin
Last edit: 19 Jan 2024 23:24 by MFLY. Reason: additional photos

More
20 Jan 2024 12:46 #78361 by MFLY
Hi all,

after some additional research the signal wire seems to be connected to the Trainer Port.
Is it sufficient to use the illustrated Signal wire at the very bottom, the GND and V+ to have it working?
In the post above, it says that one of the middle wires needs to be utilized as well... (both siglan plus one of the middle wires) but which one exaclty?
Any hint is much appretiated.

Thx + BR
Martin
Attachments:

More
21 Jan 2024 01:44 #78362 by MFLY
Hi all,

me again. As shown in the photos, the upgrade is now finished. The wires for the ELRS TX have been pulled from the trainer/game port. GND and 2xSignal. V+ (5V) from pin 6 of the Pin-Out where the original TX module sits.
I first wanted to replace the original module with the ELRS one... but after getting "missing module" error, i came to realise, that it was also possible to operate both modules in paralel. Found a place beneath the battery bay. (make sure to isolate/cover the screw heads in order to prevent shorts). Since there were now two modules, i needed two antennas. screwed two holes on the top of the back cover and installed two antena mounting screws. I guess it looks better now, since the old antenna was pretty huge. After cutting off the "knob" of the old antenna holder, it should even look better.
Hope the sequence of the last posts helps others, who are also thinking of upgrading their radios.
BR
Martin
Attachments:

More
21 Jan 2024 20:08 #78363 by PanKek
Hi
I am planning to do exactly the same upgrade, for my Devo 7E.
Have you bind your TX to a model with ELRS receiver? How it performs?

More
22 Jan 2024 09:46 #78364 by MFLY
Hi,
only did a bench test so far, which worked fine. Weather is cold currently. Will take some time before fyling around with this setup.
But once you did the mod, you may share your expirience with us.
BR

More
22 Jan 2024 16:32 #78365 by ethr

MFLY wrote: Hi all,

me again. As shown in the photos, the upgrade is now finished. The wires for the ELRS TX have been pulled from the trainer/game port. GND and 2xSignal. V+ (5V) from pin 6 of the Pin-Out where the original TX module sits.
I first wanted to replace the original module with the ELRS one... but after getting "missing module" error, i came to realise, that it was also possible to operate both modules in paralel. Found a place beneath the battery bay. (make sure to isolate/cover the screw heads in order to prevent shorts). Since there were now two modules, i needed two antennas. screwed two holes on the top of the back cover and installed two antena mounting screws. I guess it looks better now, since the old antenna was pretty huge. After cutting off the "knob" of the old antenna holder, it should even look better.
Hope the sequence of the last posts helps others, who are also thinking of upgrading their radios.
BR
Martin

Hello, I did it almost the same way, but on a devo 7e. And those 5v are a little less, it runs a betafpv nano module fine. Only one issue.. when the radio vibrates for notifications, sometimes the module disconnects. Flying at 10mw. There was a power mod for devo 7e, might try it someday :)) Other than that it's quite reliable, no issues or missing functionality at all! ..I did maybe 20 packs.

More
22 Jan 2024 18:10 #78366 by PanKek
Thanks guys that's great. I am gonna start ordering the parts.

More
16 Feb 2024 20:01 #78370 by Tr4pp
Replied by Tr4pp on topic expressLRS
Does anyone know if telemetry is available on upgraded devo7e? Since it should now have enough memory to support it. Thanks

More
17 Feb 2024 11:54 #78371 by ethr

Tr4pp wrote: Does anyone know if telemetry is available on upgraded devo7e? Since it should now have enough memory to support it. Thanks

I'm not sure how to set up telemetry.. but it is available, I think :D Elrs lua in deviation is better than edgetx.. so funny :D

More
17 Feb 2024 20:56 #78372 by PanKek
Hi all
I bought a Jumper AION nano 2.4GHz TX module. I connected it to my Devo 7E, running v5.0.0-408f8c0 firmware. All seems well, except when a click enter on CRSF protocol tab, it only shows the "Bit Rate" option from 400K to 2.25M, and nothing else.
Using the modules 5 ways joystick, I can make changes in module settings. I can even make it work as Bluetooth gamepad with my phone.

The module is in 3.3.2 version. Is this normal for the Devo 7E? I haven't try to bind to a receiver yet.

More
18 Feb 2024 16:06 #78373 by ethr

PanKek wrote: Hi all
I bought a Jumper AION nano 2.4GHz TX module. I connected it to my Devo 7E, running v5.0.0-408f8c0 firmware. All seems well, except when a click enter on CRSF protocol tab, it only shows the "Bit Rate" option from 400K to 2.25M, and nothing else.
Using the modules 5 ways joystick, I can make changes in module settings. I can even make it work as Bluetooth gamepad with my phone.

The module is in 3.3.2 version. Is this normal for the Devo 7E? I haven't try to bind to a receiver yet.

v5.0.0-408f8c0 firmware is the correct one. I'm running 3.3.0, but it doesn't matter. Check your connections!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds