Dynam 7ch rx binds to 2602tx

More
17 Oct 2012 18:54 - 17 Oct 2012 18:55 #2318 by NotFastEnuf
Replied by NotFastEnuf on topic Dynam 7ch rx binds to 2602tx
Ok. I will finally be able to order a devo 8 this weekend. New credit card billing cycle! Will be able to do more than just poke around the emulator soon. Hit a major setback in my viperjet build yesterday that I hope to use the devo on. Had an elevator servo burried deep in the tail under the edf and thrust tube work on the bench and fail after everything was installed. Ripped everything down last night. PITA!! Hopefully my 150mph viperjet will be a mascott for deviation firmware soon!
Last edit: 17 Oct 2012 18:55 by NotFastEnuf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2012 01:04 #2357 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Dynam 7ch rx binds to 2602tx
Well, I now have access to my Devo8 again, and my Dynam 7ch Rx was waiting or me, so I've been playing with it.
Is there any configuration that gives proportional control on the Gear channel? So far all of my testing seems to show that it is not proportional.
Also, do the aux channels support full servo swing?

More
21 Oct 2012 06:22 - 21 Oct 2012 06:30 #2358 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Dynam 7ch rx binds to 2602tx
I found some info about Dynam 6ch transmitter and 7ch receiver

"...about the gear switch

when you first put power to the receiver you have to turn the gear switch on and then back off to get power to the motor (which I assume is a safety feature) but when flying if you turn the gear switch on it kills power to the motor."

"This is a 7 channel 2.4ghz Reciever.
Reciever will already be plugged into the servos but for reference, they are connected as follows:
CH1: Aileron (Upper Rear Servo driving the rear left swash ball
CH2: Elevator (Front swash servo)
CH3: Throttle (To ESC)
CH4: Tail (To Gyro) (Tail servo then connects to Gyro)
CH5: Gear (Not connected)
AUX1: Pitch (Lower Rear Servo driving the rear right swash ball)
AUX2: Servo Gain channel (Single wire to Gyro)

The Signal wire side of the servo connections is the PIN closest to the Label (top). The GND pin is the side farthest from the label (back).

Note: On the Rx, there is an EXTENT dial. This dial affects the travel limits of the CCPM servos (Aileron,Pitch, Elevator). The default is 50% (in the middle. If you wish to check this, move it fully CCW, note the position, then fully CW, note the position, then move it half way. This dial is the SAME function as the V2 dial while setting the EXP dip switch. More CW is more cyclic range, more CCW is less cyclic range."
"6) The Throttle will not power up until you pull then push the top left "gear" switch on the Tx. this is a NEW safety feature. On the old TX, the Throttle would not initialize if the Gear switch is turned up. So start with the switch away from you, then after the Rx is bound and the gyro is responding, Pull then push that Gear switch and the throttle is now Armed."

www.mycoolrc.com/reviews/ReviewERazor450.html
Last edit: 21 Oct 2012 06:30 by vlad_vy.

More
21 Oct 2012 19:24 #2368 by PhracturedBlue
well, it doesn't actually answer any of my questions...
I can make all 7 servose move on the Dynam 7Ch, but I cannot make them all have full throw, and I can only make the gear channel move from -100% to 100% (not proportional)
So I need some info on how the Dynam 7ch works when hooked up to 7 standard servos.
I also have not yet found any combination of controls that allows me to control the servo throw from the Tx as the 'extent' knob does

More
22 Oct 2012 11:38 - 22 Oct 2012 11:54 #2374 by NotFastEnuf
Ok hopefully I can give some insight here. The gear ch is like a 7th channel add on to the standard 6 and is not proportional. They have used the throttle kill (gear) switch to activate a 7th channel. BUT, it does not appear to be proportional, it is NOT affected by the extent dial on Rx or anything to change its range on the tx, and you get either the throttle kill or the gear control depending on which transmitter you have - NOT BOTH. One tx I have that kills throttle on the gear switch does nothing on the gear channel. My 2602 tx runs gear on the Rx but has NO throttle safety ... I have learned the hard way with a few close calls on prop strikes. I cannot comment on aux 1 being pitch as I have not used any of the helicopter swash mixes in the 2602 tx but it should be proportional. Unless using a predefined swash mix in the 2602 tx, there is no way for me to operate it. Aux 2 is gyro control in the 2602 tx and is definately proportional. More on the "gear ch" with the 6ch walkera Rx - it does absolutely nothing to switch on the tx and therefore seems to make sense that its a 7th channel add on to a 6 ch system - not proportional like the other 6- and used either as a gear switch or a throttle kill depending on the tx. Let me know if this makes sense.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2012 11:54 by NotFastEnuf.

More
22 Oct 2012 12:00 - 22 Oct 2012 12:03 #2375 by NotFastEnuf
I have finally ordered a devo 8 by the way. I did not get the 8s as I have no need for telemetry and prefer the silver case. Do I need to install the upgrade module when I get the radio to use the filesystem you linked earlier in this thread or am I ok without it? I ask because the filesystem you referenced earlier for use with this "trial dfu" was the experimental build for telemetry right? Are you still using the trial dfu or have you changed it? Just want to know where to pick up once the devo arrives.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2012 12:03 by NotFastEnuf.

More
22 Oct 2012 12:52 #2376 by PhracturedBlue
I'll likely do a new release before too long, so it won't matter much, but the filesystem is compatible with the devo6/6s/8/8s
There will be a different filesystem for the devo10

More
22 Oct 2012 13:21 - 22 Oct 2012 13:22 #2377 by NotFastEnuf
Awesome, looks like it will be an 8s after all. Just got an email from oomodel that they do not have the silver case 8 in stock. I hope this does not create a problem getting the order changed and actually shipped.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2012 13:22 by NotFastEnuf.

More
02 Nov 2012 11:40 #2610 by NotFastEnuf
Ok now that I am up an running I am going to try to contribute here again. I tried the 2602 protocol on the 7 ch Rx last night. Phractured, did your last experimental release include the advances you made for 2602 protocol? If not, could I use the dfu release posted earlier here with the file system from the latest experimental telemetry build.

Where I am at now. The problem I encounter is that ch 6 is feeding back into ch 3. If if assign ch 6 to a switch - when I flip the switch my throttle goes full. I have to be very careful with this because if the switch is the wrong position when I plug a battery in I risk a prop strike. My 2602 tx was like this when flipping the flight mode switch. I had to physically disconnect that toggle after 2 prop strikes. (Luckily with small planes). I think the data you had to figure out 2602 protocol was collected with this switch in the wrong position. Makes sense for a heli for flight mode or pitch to mix back to throttle but no good on an airplane. Should I try the dfu posted earlier in this thread and do I need to change my file system?

More
12 Nov 2012 11:02 - 12 Nov 2012 11:05 #2868 by NotFastEnuf
Still have not switched to the dfu posted earlier in this topic PB but I can say with confidence I trust 2602 on 5 channels. I put the micros down and grabbed two full size planes this weekend. Both fly over 100 mph so any glitch would be extremely obvious. Took them up very high ... Out of sight for a second even. No problems!!!! I did notice if I use a virtual channel as a source for a mix on another channel ... It will not save the "reverse" state. Reverts back to normal direction after power off and back on. Other than that - aok! Still issues with ch 6 and 7 so I keep them off. Ch 6 feeds back to throttle and ch7 range of motion is extremely small.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2012 11:05 by NotFastEnuf.

More
12 Nov 2012 13:59 #2871 by PhracturedBlue
Can you tell me what sh6 and 7 should do?
What are they controlled by on a real Tx? are they fully proportional or binary? Do they have full movement?
I spent a while playing with different configurations, but without knowing how they should work, I can't make too much progress.
I do have a Dynam 7ch Rx now, so I can test, but without a 2602Tx, I'm basically just guessing as to what needs to be done.

More
12 Nov 2012 23:06 - 12 Nov 2012 23:09 #2881 by NotFastEnuf
Sure. Using a 2602 tx, channel 5 is just binary and is 100% on or off and used on a gear switch. This is functioning as expected with current dfu. Channel 6 is originally the pitch control for the main blades. It is fully proportional and was originally mixed to throttle automatically by a flight mode switch on the 2602 tx. I believe the original logs you received had this switch in the wrong position. You have ch 6 moving through a full proportional range - but it immediately cranks the throttle high without showing that output in the mixer just like the original flight mode switch would do. Channel 7 is the gyro control on a 2602 tx and is fully proportional. Using a 2602, one would have to be in the gyro control menu and use the V2 nob to control a servo with full range. It was cumbersome but it worked. It should be available as fully proportional. You have it working now but the servo only moves through a very small range - not the full swing that it should have. Where are you located - I could ship my 2602?

Question: you posted a revised dfu for 2602 protocal earlier in this thread but i have not been able to test it as I am not sure that it works with the latest filesystem (dsm2 and telemetry updates). I would like to try the revised dfu you made earlier but wanted to make sure i load the correct filesystem to go with it. Please advise if I should specifically test this one next:

"so 3 zeroed bytes, 3 missing channels, seems like a safe bet this is where they are.
Included is a trial DFU that adds 7 channel support to the WK2601 protocol. It is completely untested and may not work at all, but I'd be interested in feedback with any 2601-only Receivers.

Note. you need the filesystem (not dfu) from here:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/5-news-announc...l-build-fab82a525bdb
Attachments:
deviation-...0f01.zip (9"
Last edit: 12 Nov 2012 23:09 by NotFastEnuf.

More
13 Nov 2012 00:28 #2884 by PhracturedBlue
Do not install that. I've tested it, and it doesn't work :)

More
13 Nov 2012 19:04 #2923 by NotFastEnuf
Ok. Thanks. I have learned to ask first and install second.

More
14 Nov 2012 03:37 #2929 by PhracturedBlue
Well, I found the control that allows full control of Channel 7. I can control the full range of channel 6, but it is tied to the throttle. I have not yet found a configuration that allows full range on Ch6 independent of throttle. I'm basically fuzz testing now; sending random data and watching what happens on the rx, but I'm not seeing anything so far.

More
20 Nov 2012 16:14 #3045 by PhracturedBlue
Now that I have a 2603Tx, I am getting a full picture of the protocol, and am unsure how to proceed.

The 2603 does functions in the Rx that are usually owned by the Tx, and it makes it difficult to support in Deviation.

Specifically, the Pitch channel works as follows:
there is a bit transmitted to the Rx about whether we're in normal or 3d mode.
In normal mode, the pitch has limited motion and moves proportionally to the throttle stick, and the throttle moves proportionally to the throttle stick.
In 3d mode, the pitch moves proportionally to the throttle stick (full range), but the throttle channel behaves in idle-up mode.

Since Deviation doesn't have any concept of 3d mode vs normal mode, it is not clear what we should send to the Rx.
One option is to provide some sort of map:
if the value assigned to ch 6 is positive, it will behave in '3d' mode, with the servo range proportional to the value. if the value assigned to ch 6 is negative, it will behave in 'normal' mode. The problem with this is that it means you can't actually control the throttle/pitch curves, and the servo output no longer matches what you see on the screen.

So I can probably jury-rig something that works, but it will require a very non-intuitive ini file, and will have odd behavior compared to every other protocol.

I'm open to other ideas/input on how to handle this protocol.

More
20 Nov 2012 16:47 #3046 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic Dynam 7ch rx binds to 2602tx
I think documentation is key here. There could be a section documenting how a 2603 should be configured for now, and in the meantime gauge interest in the 2603 and decide if treating it as an exception is ok or not.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
20 Nov 2012 19:08 #3051 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Dynam 7ch rx binds to 2602tx
I agree.
We can provide a model config, or even a template for it...

More
22 Nov 2012 00:59 #3090 by NotFastEnuf
Please keep in mind while making config files or templates any of the primarily airplane only pilots using this protocol. I personally will be thrilled if you come up with an "airplane mode" for this rx. SO far it is already really close, I understand CH 6 is going to be out of the question for proportional response that is not linked to throttle, but otherwise the gear ch is useful for retractable landing gear and getting proportional response on ch 7 will be a huge addition.

IS there any hope after examining the tx output that the gear ch (ch 5) could be made proportional. If so, my suggestion would be to shut down ch 6 completely due to its strange behavior and treat the rx as if it were only 6 channels instead of 7. This would allow programming using deviation to proceed as expected for any user on a 6 ch heli or airplane.

I have another Walkera branded 6ch RX that is hard to access in a foamie biplane. I remember that something is funny about the upper channel assignments. I think they eliminated the channel 6 and it behaves as if it goes straight from gear to ch 7. Either that or they eliminated the non proportional gear channel. I can't remember which. I will rip it out this week and post the differences.

More
22 Nov 2012 02:24 #3091 by PhracturedBlue
I am currently working on this, as it is the last remaining item on my plate (besides bug fixes and documentation) before the release.
You will be able to use the WK2601 protocol as:
5 proportional+1 binary channel
OR
Walkera Heli mode where you have no control of throttle curves, and minimal control of pitch curves,

And to answer your question, I do not believe there is any way to have channel5 be anything but binary.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds