devo 12 wide screen...

More
30 Apr 2013 07:28 #9373 by omija
Replied by omija on topic devo 12 wide screen...
:) where can i get a binary copy of this so i can test it on my devo12

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2013 10:41 #9384 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic devo 12 wide screen...

PhracturedBlue wrote: And Hex,
I'm going to wait on your changes until I decide how to proceed with Rbe's stuff. I'd like to make full use of the scren capabilities on the Devo12. Your changes look nice, but it would be a waste to import them if I end up completely replacing the screen.

No problem. Two completly different ways to look it it. Rbe is adding a lot of new stuff. While my goal is to actually remove the need for the 480 screens all together. Meaning we would only need the one set of pages but the objects would be placed on the screen based on the target. So for example the number of channels to so in the channel monitor would just be set to 12 (before wrap around) in the target capibilities. Same idea for scroll bars and page forward and back icons.

This way if you were to change some function on one of the pages there is no need to make a new 480 page.

This also leads me to think that people with a devo8/6 are going to miss out on Rbe's work. So we could carry my theroy further and say that rbe should be working on the devo8/6 screens and we just "scale" the allowed positions of the placed objects based on the target. So if rbe (for example) changes some code for his crosshair object that code change would apply to all the color screens with no need to try to keep the 12/8/6 *in sync".

Just a thought..

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
30 Apr 2013 12:49 #9395 by omija
it will be great, hope we can get this releace soon. :cheer: :P

More
30 Apr 2013 12:51 #9396 by omija
btw my devo10 screen is very good on deviation firmware outside on the sunsight,but my devo12 screen is very hard to read when i tring to use it outside.

More
30 Apr 2013 13:25 #9400 by RandMental
Replied by RandMental on topic devo 12 wide screen...

omija wrote: btw my devo10 screen is very good on deviation firmware outside on the sunsight,but my devo12 screen is very hard to read when i tring to use it outside.

The Devo8s has the same problem, see www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...to-go-what-next#9330 for more on this.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
30 Apr 2013 16:18 #9406 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic devo 12 wide screen...
Hex,
I try to reuse most of the 320x...-pages by replacing fixed numbers ("300") with terms like "LCD_WIDTH-20" and similar so that it works for both resolutions. Disadvantage: gives only more free space between the elements instead on one side... But I think this is the right way to reuse as much code as possible.
For the new gui I have made them completely new (main_config, main_page) because there are so much differences that a common code base makes mo sense anymore. But I try to minimize this.

More
30 Apr 2013 21:45 #9421 by Hexperience
Yes, exactly what I was thinking, but going a bit further and (in your example) we could use "LCD_WIDTH-LCD_OFFSET" and define LCD_OFFSET differently in the target defines.

Same for buttons, scroll bars, etc. Even the number of elements to display, for example on the channel test page, the devo8 will show 8 channels then "wraps around" if there are more than that, but for the 12 we could just define that it can show up to 12 channels before it has to wrap around to a second line. So that page wouldn't even need to be recreated, just use the same code for both devo8 and 12.

As for your new GUI, of course that is a major change and I wouldn't expect it to work for both. (At least yet... ;) ) But the same theory can be applied. For example, your new gui has 3 columns across for custom objects right? We could just define that on a devo8/6 only use 2 columns. (I might have the numbers wrong but I think you see what I'm getting at).

I know this is a big change to what you've been working on, but it might be worth thinking about doing it that way and then there is no need to code again for the devo8 later. And as I said before, it will make it easier later to change a page object and it will automatically fit on the 6/8/12

Again.. just shooting ideas out there. I'm going to work on the idea a bit and see if I can get the basic pages to work like that, but it's just for fun and if it never gets used that's fine with me.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
01 May 2013 00:18 - 01 May 2013 00:18 #9429 by Hexperience
I just did a quick edit to show what I mean. In devo8/target_defs I defined scrollbar position in one place, in devo12/target_defs I defined it in a "wider" place.

In the 480x272 page I went back to using the single "include 320x240 page"

I tested timers and tx config pages. Of course there are about a million other things that need to be done to complete this method of building the devo12 interface, but it is just a start so you can see where I'm going.

So if you wanted to make changes to either of those pages, those changes wouldn't need to get done in both the 480x272 pages and the 320x240 pages. Just the on place.

I'm going to leave it at that for the moment, I don't want to go too far down this road and A) create more work for RBE OR b) do all the changes and then find we simply want to create a completely different GUI for the 12 vs the 8/6

I really like all the work RBE has done, and I think it would be great if the devo8 users get to use some of that work as well...

Last edit: 01 May 2013 00:18 by Hexperience.

More
01 May 2013 01:13 #9430 by omija
finally i got it and runing on my devo12s

there are some thing might be not so good,first, it keep beeping and i think it's waring information about my battary ... coz we have 1 cell lipo as the tx battary.

and i can not find where i can set the warning info or battary voltage limitation.

and seems the font and icons are a little bit small, so i can not adjust it very easy using the touch screen.

when i was in the model setting menu. and i jumped in the second level menu and press exit, i can not exit to first level menu in some case and exit to main screen directly. and i do not know how to reset the timers also.

• rbe2012
More
01 May 2013 06:50 #9437 by rbe2012
So many questions... deviation tries to be intuitive, maybe there will be still some work to achieve this.
I assume you have read the manual? Most of your questions will be answered there.

More
01 May 2013 10:40 #9444 by Hexperience
Omija, what build are you using? There was a really old devo12 build that didn't have the correct voltage calibration.

• rbe2012
More
02 May 2013 13:49 #9480 by rbe2012
I have updated my repo deviation-rbe-emu_devo12 with the actual development.
Most things are working; open is some testing and some bugs I filed at bitbucket.
Everyone is invited to try... I do not expect crashes as I did with my previous versions, so flying with this version should be possible but please be very careful when trying (and only with harmless birds...).

For testing: all builds for tx other than Devo12 should be identical to the main deviation line (version 1a93c1f).

Feel free to give comments or file tickets at my bitbucket-repo.

Some background info:
Everything is controlled by a "#define GUI_ADVANCED 1" directive in gui/480x272x16/_gui.h.
For the 480x...resolution all pages from 320x... are included (with two exceptions). Some of the pages (and some pages in pages/common) had to be changed to make sure that most of the code can be taken for both resolutions.
The exceptions are the main_page.c (Main page) and the main_config.c (Model config). These are completely new due to the new flexibility and larger amount of possible screen elements.
Some of the screen elements are grouped (bars are four in one element, toggles three) to have an identical width of all screen elements. This allows the elements to be arranged in any combination in four rows on the screen.

More
02 May 2013 18:48 - 02 May 2013 18:55 #9486 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic devo 12 wide screen...
Hello RBE
I compiled from your Repo, and for me its not working on Devo12s
(devo12-4c90482ba07e.dfu)
When entering USB Mode with pressed ENT Button the USB Logo is in the lower right corner and at the top of the page there is a blue bar.
The main screen is offset too and the blue bar is also on the top of the page

I looks like the starting pixel for drawing the picture is the one used to draw the devo8 style layout instead the top left corner

Greetz
Last edit: 02 May 2013 18:55 by Wene001.

• rbe2012
More
02 May 2013 21:26 - 02 May 2013 21:34 #9488 by rbe2012
Wene,
thanks for trying.
I have no Devo12 for testing so this is interesting, but it's too late today.
I'll have a look at it tomorrow.
The main screen: looks it as usual or are the elements arranged different? Can you take photos?

EDIT: I think I have found it - the lcd.c recalculates screen positions. I have pushed a corrected version. If you have the time: a new test would help.
Last edit: 02 May 2013 21:34 by rbe2012.

More
03 May 2013 06:04 #9490 by Wene001
Offset is gone
Looks like it should.
More testing in the evening.

LG Wene

• rbe2012
More
03 May 2013 12:18 #9503 by rbe2012
I have done some bug fixes. Please pull again.

More
04 May 2013 08:08 - 04 May 2013 08:15 #9525 by Wene001
Hello RBE

I would change some minor things.
The Lines at the crosses go right when the stick goes left.
The big boxes like Icon Crosses an Bars should jump to the bottom so they are in line.

Falls mein Englisch nicht zu verstehen ist :-)
Es wär schön wenn sich die grösseren Elemente (wie Crosses, Bars, Icon), falls am Bildschirm ganz unten platziert, nach dem unteren Bildschirmrand ausrichten könnten, damit diese schön in einer Linie sind, egal was für Elemente man darüber platziert.
Evtl wärs auch interessant die "Geber" für die Crosses variabel zu gestalten, damit man zB das PPMin als Steuerkreuz darstellen kann (Headtracker, oder Steuerfunktion des Schülers)
Bei den Crosses ist mir auch noch aufgefallen, dass sie bei zentrierten Sticks nicht das weisse Kreuz abdecken, ist das so gewollt?
Schaut immer aus als würden die Sticks nicht schön zentrieren

LG Wene
Last edit: 04 May 2013 08:15 by Wene001.

• rbe2012
More
04 May 2013 09:01 #9526 by rbe2012
Hello Wene, (English version for all)
stick movement can be changed. In the emulator it seems correct but in the real world... ok. Pushed a new version.
I think I can align the last element in a column at the base line. Will this help? But then we will have a bigger gap somewhere above. With some more effort I can also try to align the elements in a column so that all gaps are equal. I will try the first.
Choosing other inputs for the crosses is an interesting idea. When I started working there was no PPM input so no need for this. Allowing more inputs is possible, but not easy. I will try that later.
The dis-centering of the white crosses is really not nice. I have only found a hard method (draw them with an offset of one pixel), but I have not achieved calculating the correct value (maybe due to some errors with real and integer numbers). I will think about this again, but the hard method might still be better than the status quo.
I will file some tickets at bitbucket to track the issues.

Hallo Wene,
das Englische ist schon ok. Ich verzichte mal auf das Deutsche, sonst muss ich ja alles zweimal schreiben...

Gruß
Rainer

• rbe2012
More
04 May 2013 09:39 - 04 May 2013 09:57 #9527 by rbe2012
Pushed a new version with alignment of the lowermost elements.

EDIT: and a new one with the little crosshairs centered.
Last edit: 04 May 2013 09:57 by rbe2012.

More
04 May 2013 10:04 #9528 by Wene001
Flashed !
Direction is ok now
I configured two boxes with toggles and big bars in the mid two columns before (6trims inside/left)
With the new version there is not enough room for this config.
It would be better to align the elements lower if there is no trim in this column, to have more room.
If my throttle stick is not idle, when i turn my tx on, i get the safety page.
If i press ok or throttle down, the left cross box gets unvisible until i move the left stick.
After repowering the TX alignment of the lowermost elements has gone, until entering the main config page

Wene

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds