Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?

More
13 Sep 2016 19:10 #53845 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
Do you have an analog of OSHPark - cheap PCB fab - and DigiKey or Mouser - reasonable electronics parts in France?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2016 19:18 #53846 by anasm2010
Replied by anasm2010 on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
I think OSHPark can Ship to France, electronics parts I get them from Aliexpres slow but cheap.
Why u can't ship outside the US? I can Pay for the shipping if this is the prob. ;)

More
13 Sep 2016 21:05 #53849 by victzh
Approximate BOM cost of the board if made in quantities of one is around $8. If made in quantities of 100 it can be 3 times less. If made in China - even more so. I did not count my work, if I do it according to my real rate, the price would be exorbitant :-) When I'm done testing, I will provide the manufacturer of 4-in-1 module with all the docs.

The small problem is that the board is universal - it can fit Devo 10, Devo F series, AT9 - only connectors and power supply are different. While you can leave power supply on the board even for AT9 where it's not needed, you can't put two connectors - they're physically in the way of another system - Devo connector goes straight into power switch of AT9 and AT9 connector limits an ability of the board to be inserted properly into Devo.

More
14 Sep 2016 05:25 #53853 by anasm2010
Replied by anasm2010 on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
Ok It seems better waiting at this stage :)
I will be getting one, once the universal board will be manufactured cheap and rdy :)
Do you know if we can let connected the radio link original rx in parallel with ur board ?
Just to give the flexibility if anyone decode the protocol !

More
14 Sep 2016 13:03 - 14 Sep 2016 13:04 #53856 by anthony7288
Replied by anthony7288 on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?

vlad_vy wrote: Can Radiolink AT9 be a platform for Deviation?

At first glance:

MCU STM32F103VET6

RF module (bus = SPI)
CC2533F96 96-KB Flash, 6-KB RAM
RFX2401C
chip 8 pin = unknown
quartz 32.000 Mhz

MCU STM32F103VCT6 ? And i can looking for a bootloader where ?
Last edit: 14 Sep 2016 13:04 by anthony7288.

More
14 Sep 2016 18:35 #53865 by victzh
@anthony7288, what do you mean? Radiolink has its own bootloader, semi-compatible with DFU protocol. And it's VET6, not VCT6 - 512K Flash ROM.

More
14 Sep 2016 23:51 - 14 Sep 2016 23:57 #53868 by anthony7288

victzh wrote: @anthony7288, what do you mean? Radiolink has its own bootloader, semi-compatible with DFU protocol. And it's VET6, not VCT6 - 512K Flash ROM.

Hi Victzh

In WIKI write Rd9 / RD10 use VCT6 .I think should fix it

I want to made RD9 , so i need a bootloader for stm32

'''Radiolink AT9 Hardware Connections
The following documents the hardware inside the Radiolink AT9 transmitter

MCU: STM32F103VCT6 512kB Flash, 64kB RAM 100pin package
EEPROM: GT24C128A 128K-bit I2C SERIAL EEPROM '''
Last edit: 14 Sep 2016 23:57 by anthony7288.

More
20 Sep 2016 15:36 #54068 by victzh
OK, I corrected the Wiki.

If you want to build Deviation board, STM32F103VC is enough. You'll need SPI flash 2-4MBytes to store settings which Radiolink lacks.

Bootloader - you can try to adapt STM32duino bootloader: github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/STM32duino-bootloader

More
06 Oct 2016 16:34 #54659 by anthony7288
hello folk

i have a radiolink at9 die modul cc2533 , So i can replace it ? cc2533 connect direct to stm32 , so cc2533 have a program ?

More
06 Oct 2016 20:06 #54685 by victzh
Do you mean your RF module is dead? How did you find it? If it is so, you basically screwed - the firmware for the module is unknown, and most probably unrecoverable.

More
07 Oct 2016 00:23 - 07 Oct 2016 00:26 #54687 by anthony7288

victzh wrote: Do you mean your RF module is dead? How did you find it? If it is so, you basically screwed - the firmware for the module is unknown, and most probably unrecoverable.

Hi vitcth

i m sure modul dead , because it is cause short circuit , and AT9 can not work . When i remove it , AT9 work back again.
I and some friends have same a Problem . Or dead modul , or short range . .or can not bind

So you mean i can not recoverable it , ? So , i wonder , If use firmware deviation , then add CC2500 ,connect direct , it will work ? AT9 deviation can support protocol Radiolink ?

I do not want to give up a TX only dead Modul :(
Last edit: 07 Oct 2016 00:26 by anthony7288.

More
07 Oct 2016 18:54 #54696 by victzh
Sorry, no module except the native one will fix it. CC2500 is totally different, and also CC2533 beyond having different radio link layer (it's 802.15.4, layer for ZigBee and other home automation) is also a system on chip - SoC - which means it has it's own separately programmable CPU which actually implements this radio protocol. AT9 only gives the chip high level commands. And this firmware is unrecoverable from this chip, so there is no practical way for us to learn about specifics of the protocol. Even using CC2533 (or equivalent - 802.15.4 is a standard, so there are several ones) will not help without knowing these details.

More
08 Oct 2016 03:22 - 08 Oct 2016 03:23 #54706 by anthony7288
Thank victzh

Now , i and my friends do not know do what with three AT9 problem . Maybe use a port Simulator to use other modul.
Sad
Last edit: 08 Oct 2016 03:23 by anthony7288.

More
08 Oct 2016 10:29 #54711 by FDR
Why don't you contact Radiolink for replacement module?

More
08 Oct 2016 16:33 #54725 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
three failed at9's in one group of friends does not instill much confidence in radiolinks product!

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
09 Oct 2016 23:34 - 10 Oct 2016 09:16 #54777 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
Ok, I've got:

* A used AT9 on the way ($46 shipped, yay!)
* A hot air SMD soldering station
* A Hakko clone soldering station
* The Radiolink DFU utilities downloaded
* A large bucket of popcorn
* Time and patience

I'll hold off on the 4-In-1 until Victzh's board is about ready, maybe they will improve it. It would be really nice to have a kit with a bare OSH Park daughter board and all of it's components for those of us without an electronics parts stash.

Thanks to all those working on this. I don't know much about the build process or the DFU utilities discussed, so I might be a good 'consumer level' and 'idiot proofing' tester, lol. I do have outdated experience developing automated manufacturing equipment controllers in C, so I'm not completely lost here.

So... I'll just sit here on the edge of my seat munching on popcorn and reading the latest posts until it's ready... ~munch~munch~munch~
Last edit: 10 Oct 2016 09:16 by BirdBarber.

More
11 Oct 2016 15:07 #54819 by victzh
I'm struggling with power circuits of Radiolink - it has hard power switch unlike Devo and changes to configuration should be written back to flash as soon as they're made, not when you asked your TX to turn off power. The code is structured so that there is no single place at which you can be sure that changes are made - there is CRC calculation over the structures to be written. So I inserted a task checking for this periodically - so far it fails for some reason.

Otherwise new boards fit Devo better (they're universal - both for Devo and Radiolink).

• BirdBarber
  • Hummingbird Assassin
More
17 Oct 2016 00:49 - 17 Oct 2016 07:31 #55023 by BirdBarber
Replied by BirdBarber on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
I just loaded the pre-release Deviation onto my AT9 for the first time. I used Radiolink's utilities on Windows 7 - 32 bit. The DFUs loaded first try. I don't know if the following is the best way to install Deviation on the AT9, but it is A way to install it, and it was pretty easy. I got the two DFU files from the Deviation 2016-10-15 AT9 Nightly Build (Thanks Guys!). This build is good for a sneak peak, but you can't fly anything with it yet or save changes, but it's fun to look at the 3 button + wheel interface.

The links to the driver & utility below were taken from this Radiolink web page: www.radiolink.com.cn/doce/at9upgrade.html

=========================================
== Instructions not yet verified by additional users ==
== Please PM me with results if you try this =======

Step 1: Run the driver installer 'zadig.exe' from the 'Win8Driver_Install' sub-directory of the 'win8Driver_Install.zip' file from the Radiolink web site.
mega.nz/#!VNl2BAAC!_PdH-5oYouiUfOqPsKpitUEU3aojILqsy6ACECjGAmM

Step 2: Plug in the AT9 to your USB port and turn it on.

Step 3: Start the Radiolink DFU installer. It is 'USB-util.exe' in the 'USB-util_1.2_win7' sub-directory of the 'USB-util_1.2_win7.rar' file from the Radiolink web site. Note: The 7-Zip utility can extract compressed rar files.
mega.nz/#!VINQSLhQ!VH95bRDqQymm6OatT7N_1BpWh3W_9dTB7m6cD0Q5gNE

Step 4: Install the Nightly Build ''deviation-at9-v5.0.0-1d8c208.dfu' on the transmitter. (note: the 7 digit build number changes on each Nightly Build)

Step 5: Install the Nightly Build 'at9-fs.dfu' file system on the transmitter.

Step 6: Test it!. If it doesn't work there are known issues with the Radiolink utilities and sometimes you have to install the DFUs several times to be successful.

Note: Make sure you turn off your transmitter!!! The screen may go into power save mode after a while and unless you notice the power LED it's easy to leave running and I don't think this pre-release Deviation can shut off the transmitter or beep when it hit's the Battery Alarm voltage. Besides, the default Battery Alarm voltage is 8V, you can change it but it will be reset to 8v when you power down.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2016 07:31 by BirdBarber.

More
06 Nov 2016 17:08 #55744 by captainSNACKS
Replied by captainSNACKS on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
This is great! I've been keeping up with this thread in the hopes that there will be a solution soon. However, I was curious in the meantime could you just wire up the 4 in 1 module to be used through the trainer port on the at9? Ive seen something similar with the orange tx module and futaba tx

More
08 Apr 2017 22:27 #61280 by 3km
Hi all,
Unfortunately It is very silent in this topic.....

Does anyone have sucsessful expirience with devitation on AT9?

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds