Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?

More
26 May 2016 19:08 #49308 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
Everything is possible, the question is what efforts it requires. Someone in this forum implemented a build with speech support, apparently there are text-to-speech modules on the market which can be used with minimal effort. I did not look into this though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2016 19:36 #49313 by anasm2010
Replied by anasm2010 on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
Ok, Thank you :)

More
26 May 2016 19:37 #49314 by victzh

More
28 May 2016 05:56 #49416 by victzh
OK, I have full color Deviation working on my AT9, including radio. I did not test it extensively, just bound and flew couple of helis, but it's functional. Thanks PhracturedBlue for your grandiose effort on providing UI for Radiolink's totally different controls, it feels natural.

More
28 May 2016 13:07 #49425 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
can you publish your code or even do a pull request so I can look at it?
Also the 4-in-1 adapter board schematics/brd files. I wouldn't mind building one myself.

More
28 May 2016 15:02 #49437 by PhracturedBlue
I just checked in an update to use interrupts to handle the rotary encoder. This makes it much more accurate. Also, you can hold the dial in a half-way state to trigger a long press. I will probably setup the quick-pages as they are on the devo10 to use long up/down to move through quick-pages.

More
28 May 2016 17:21 #49441 by anasm2010
Hey and thank you Victzh for the link. I will try this one's the deviation completed.
Btw I don't know what are the steps left to comptel It? The UI is completed now. We can use it, is the radio working? I can help you for the test if you want :) .

More
28 May 2016 17:26 #49442 by victzh
Sure I will, but the problem is - I merged common-proto in my at9 - I needed CS_HI/CS_LO code concentrated in one place, not spread over modules. I'll put my modifications into victzh/deviation/at9 and can make a pull request against main deviation/at9. I made a separate target, at9-mod, but I can try to merge my modifications into regular at9 - I have conditional HAS_4IN1_DL_SUPPORT anyways. DL stands for Discrete Logic - my imagination for names apparently failed me here :-)

More
28 May 2016 17:29 #49443 by victzh
@anasm2010 what do you mean here?

AT9 Deviation port? It is far from completion, it basically works but is in a very fluid state. Radio works, but only with my board and 4-in-1 module from Banggood/TaoBao mounted on it. Full color works with the same board because it brings a substantial flash upgrade to AT9.

Sound support is another matter, I have not looked into it myself, just found a discussion on the forum.

More
28 May 2016 17:48 #49444 by anasm2010
Yes, I'm talking about the deviation port!
Thank you for your answer.
It's better to add the Board, as you did, to enjoy the more flash and make a better use of the color screen of the AT9? Or is It difficult to add (solder)?
Do you think that you will add the support for the AT9 stock protocol, or the deviation will just use the external 4in1 RF module?

More
28 May 2016 19:00 #49446 by victzh
To add the board is now the only way to make radio work, so you have option to add memory (around $1) to the board or not, but realistically not the option to add the board or not.

Stock AT9 protocol is not reversed, and may be hard to do so. They use 802.15.4 RF chip which has its own MCU on board. So the actual protocol is very hard to figure out. I have no plans doing this - many more interesting and more high impact projects are there.

More
28 May 2016 19:24 #49447 by PhracturedBlue

victzh wrote: Sure I will, but the problem is - I merged common-proto in my at9 - I needed CS_HI/CS_LO code concentrated in one place, not spread over modules. I'll put my modifications into victzh/deviation/at9 and can make a pull request against main deviation/at9. I made a separate target, at9-mod, but I can try to merge my modifications into regular at9 - I have conditional HAS_4IN1_DL_SUPPORT anyways. DL stands for Discrete Logic - my imagination for names apparently failed me here :-)

You don't need to create a separate patch. I will pull the common-proto stuff as soon as I've had a chance to look at it.

More
03 Jun 2016 15:29 #49878 by ledvinap
Replied by ledvinap on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?
I did play a bit with AT9.
The internal module protocol seems to be very simple - 41 bytes are exchanged, with channel values written and telemetry read out. It seems to be completely stateless - no binding, no TxId. It should be quite easy to support this module ...

More
03 Jun 2016 18:44 #49894 by victzh
But almost no point - we're looking for a replacement of Devo line of transmitters, apparently Walkera is not interested in developing it further and moving into FPV quads. Supporting this module does not buy much - you don't have any other source for it so you can't install it into any other TX. It uses a chip with MCU, so the actual protocol is implemented inside the radio module. So this internal module can not be used for anything else beyond its native protocol. To add fifth module to our collection for the privilege of covering one more rarely used protocol seems to be excessive.

More
03 Jun 2016 19:06 #49895 by PhracturedBlue

victzh wrote: But almost no point - we're looking for a replacement of Devo line of transmitters, apparently Walkera is not interested in developing it further and moving into FPV quads. Supporting this module does not buy much - you don't have any other source for it so you can't install it into any other TX. It uses a chip with MCU, so the actual protocol is implemented inside the radio module. So this internal module can not be used for anything else beyond its native protocol. To add fifth module to our collection for the privilege of covering one more rarely used protocol seems to be excessive.

I would not treat this as a module. I would treat it more like we do PWM. It would only be supported for the AT9 and its only purpose would be to allow replacing the AT9 firmware while maintaining all functionality without a hardware mod. I wouldn't see any need to support it outside the AT9, and if it is trivial enough to do, I see no reason not to. That doesn't mean it should be supported along with the 4-in-1 module. I haven't looked at the control lines, but i assume you need to disable one to enable the other.

More
05 Jun 2016 17:53 #49967 by ledvinap
victzh: PhracturedBlue accurately described my idea - I bought AT9 as second transmitter mainly for simulator and tariner use (with Taranis as primary TX). So modding it not that important for me now, but Deviation firmware is nice feature for me. And supporting existing module is another bonus ...

More
05 Jun 2016 19:43 #49981 by anasm2010
Hey,
Personally, I use the AT9 as my primary TX, and I have a multiple radiolink receiver that I get. That will be so cool If I can get the deviation working on It + The choice to use also the stock protocol of the AT9.
By the way, Is it possible to install the Deviation for testing on the AT9 without adding any hardware? and is It reversible to get back to the stock firmware?
Thank you

More
05 Jun 2016 20:07 #49985 by PhracturedBlue
yes the nightly builds will work fine on the at9, and going back to the stock firmware is easy too. The only problem is that radiolink has an atrocious uploader tool. It crashes all the time, and is generally very annoying. On linux you can use dfu-util, but I don't think it will work on Linux. Yuo ned the bleeding edge version from github since only the latest code has my patch which allows programming the at9. Or you can use the radiolink code for windows. just be prepared to need to frun it multiple times before it actually succeeds. There are 2 dfu files in the nightly builds. you need to flash both of them. Also, note that there is no way to save your changes on the at9 right now. Tat is easy t fix, but since you can't actually transmit anyway, there was no point in my enabling it.

More
06 Jun 2016 11:11 - 06 Jun 2016 11:21 #50027 by ledvinap
module TX format:
<0xaaaa><0x2901>[<CH1><CH2><CH3><CH4><CH5><CH6><CH7><CH8><CH9><CH10><FS1><FS2><FS3><FS4><FS5><FS6><FS7><FS8>]<CSUM>

0x2901 seems to be fixed and is not part of checksum. I will try different FW version to see if it does change.

<CHx> 16bit big endian, encoded as value 0 - 4000, center is 2000.
<FSx> 16bit big endian, failsafe value, either <CHx> for NORmal mode, or failsafe value for F/S
CH9 and CH10 are either 0 or 4000 and don't have failsafe. R9D RX does not output these channels on SBUS.

<CSUM> is 8-bit sum of <CH1>-<FS8> modulo 256

By default THR and ELE channel is reversed (at least with respect to what I am used to) - min value / pulse length is with sticks up. This is consistent with value sent over SBUS, I don't see any reason why ...

Module RF is enabled (RF-MODE: ON) by high level on REST pin. Module will communicate even when REST low.

Telemetry is quite similar, there is fixed position for RSSI and Rx voltage, don't have other sensors. There is no checksum.
There is bug in telemetry implementation - module will return correct value only if it is read immediately after preceding byte. When there is small delay between bytes, next byte is read instead. This happens quite frequently with AT9 firmware. New value is probably placed into TX buffer from wrong interrupt, creating race condition.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 11:21 by ledvinap. Reason: add RF-MODE

More
06 Jun 2016 14:21 - 06 Jun 2016 14:24 #50038 by ledvinap
BTW: at9-fs.dfu is missing / is not included in nightly builds ... Flashing works fine when this file is build using docker. And flashing back to Radiolink firmware works too.
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 14:24 by ledvinap.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds