Voice alerts test build

More
21 Aug 2022 12:55 #78051 by McGyver
Replied by McGyver on topic Voice alerts test build
I've installed Voice mod in Devo 10, and it works pretty well. I used speaker from old netbook pc - 8ohms. And it fits great above stock buzzer, and voice quality is quite good, there's plenty of free space there for mp3 board or whatever. I used 5V BEC to power the DFPlayer mini directly from battery using stock power switch. It's connected to TX port on main board (going to DSC).
Ok, now I wanted to ask how to setup voice alerts for 6 flight modes? I use Mix switch combined with Aile D/R switch.

That's what I got in model.ini

[channel5]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=MIX0
dest=Ch5
switch=MIX0
scalar=-85
usetrim=0
curvetype=min/max
points=0
[mixer]
src=MIX1
dest=Ch5
switch=MIX1
scalar=-20
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=MIX2
dest=Ch5
switch=MIX2
scalar=45
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL DR1
dest=Ch5
switch=AIL DR1
scalar=32
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=fixed

How to set 6 voice alerts for it?

File Attachment:

File Name: model3.ini
File Size:12 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2022 23:30 #78052 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Voice alerts test build
Should be able to do this with mux voice though I haven't used it. This post should help. Looks like sound file is associated with the channel name so maybe a virtual channel for each mode.

More
22 Aug 2022 07:12 - 22 Aug 2022 13:36 #78053 by McGyver
I tested that beeps in simulation in various points of one channel and that works well, but don’t think I can assign various alarms on each point for one channel. So probably I have to assign 5 addional virtual channels to clon channel 5 to make that work with other voices in specific range, so one specific alarm for 5 virt channels and one for base channel. That should be easy :) i test it later and post how it works.
Is there any limit how many virtual channels I can use?
I think I also add some mid range points for gimbal pots to easy set them in center.
Is there any voice alerts makeing program? I checked old links and most of them are outdated and doesn’t work.
Or maybe not too many people still using Devo transmitters.

I tried to turn on voice in emulator on PC but it won't work. I put mp3 folder in same with exe, I added the voice.ini to media folder and turn on DFPlayer in hardware.ini what should I do next to turn it on?
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Aug 2022 13:36 by McGyver.

More
22 Aug 2022 16:24 #78054 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Voice alerts test build
There are 10 virtual channels.

Setting up the emulator for voice is explained in the wiki . That page also has info on the file layout. The voicepack tool is on github.

More
22 Aug 2022 20:13 - 22 Aug 2022 22:36 #78056 by McGyver
10 channels... not to much but should be enough to set things correctly.
I saw that Wiki for emulator but not to much direct info there. Do what was written there and still no sound :( only beeps working, completly no voice or mp3 playing. I'm under Windows 10... maybe that's some problem. Or I have to connect DFPlayer to mic output in PC or some com port? I tought it will play directly by sound card but I got only beeps :(
Same setup in Devo 10 and all works correctly, but for testing emulator is much more easy.
I check that voicepack tool later, not sure what I need to run it and how.

I found previous voice alert wiki - and there is mpg123.exe file which should play mp3 but it won't work somehow. Not sure what is wrong with my setup :(
MP3 folder is where exe file is
Hardware.ini - set for dfplayer
Voice.ini in media folder
and still nothing, no voice or even voice menu in emulator.

OK, I set Devo7E emulator instead Devo10 and voice works correctly. So I think something is wrong with configuration somewhere. Compare messages in background to Devo10emu... DEV mod enabled - cannot set volume - I think something is set not right in Devo10 emulator :(
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Aug 2022 22:36 by McGyver.

More
29 Aug 2022 00:55 #78067 by McGyver
Only voice working emulator is here:
deviationtx.com/forum/builds/5089-voice-...uild?start=800#65442

I suppose there is some Development mode or something turned on in emulators on Download page so they actually doesn't work with audio enabled. So It's almost impossible to test anything on PC, which is much more easy than... make some corrections in ini and send it to Devo to test and again and again...

Second thing there is small difference between emulator and actual Devo transmitter. In emulator if I change switch value it is almost instantly change to what it should be (there is no "midpoints"). So for testing changes from -85 FM1 to -20 FM3 it works great ignoring -53 FM2. In real Devo it plays voice for -20 and -53 as well - so It's needed to add exclusion for switch position or even for two ones. In emulator I tested with 2 or even 3 switches and all was correct. So It is possible to turn off voice for all fly modes or anything else with one designed switch.
I test how it works later, but for now it looks good.

File Attachment:

File Name: model3_2022-08-28.ini
File Size:2 KB

Test ini file with 6 flight modes on 2 switches and speech. I also test center mode for throttle (or some knob on specific channel).
Attachments:

More
01 Sep 2022 11:13 - 05 Sep 2022 22:18 #78071 by McGyver
DONE :)
All voice commands works correct. Maybe someone else will be interested in that setup. 6 Flight modes with voice works fine. Any other switch combination with voice should also work.

File Attachment:

File Name: model3_202...02-2.ini
File Size:14 KB

www.dropbox.com/s/4a51s6louoy1etq/Devo10%20voice%20mod.mov?dl=0
That's how it works now :)
I also installed 4in1 protocol module so now It is really good transmitter :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Sep 2022 22:18 by McGyver.

More
17 Sep 2022 21:26 - 17 Sep 2022 22:30 #78094 by McGyver
I wonder is there any other processor out pin we could use instead ppm output to send data to dfplayer? Or is only „free” serial output which could be used. As I read when ppm output is active voice mode doesn’t work or jus doesn’t receive any data. I’m not too familiar with that processors but if there’s any other serial output we could use that will work even with ppm output is active which makes that transmitter really ultimate build ;)

As I see output pin A0 is unused and A1 is used for buzzer. A2/A3 has some connection with power button.
A0 could be used as Uart4tx. If we could connect to it our dfplayer and send tx data instead trainer port that could be possible to run everything at once.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2022 22:30 by McGyver.

More
20 Sep 2022 13:37 #78095 by rbecq
Replied by rbecq on topic Voice alerts test build
Yes, in my Devo12, I used UART5 TX (PC12 PIN) for voice output. The PC12 PIN on Devo12 is connected to 3-way INP_MIX switch and I had to disconnect it.

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds