skyartec compatibility

More
02 Jan 2013 00:29 #4490 by bigde
skyartec compatibility was created by bigde
Allo guys. I bought a skyartec wasp x3v 3 axis flybarless rtf for 150$ free shipping from Miracle Mart. It's a bargain for that price. Anyway after checking and locktite all the screws on the head. I went for a test flight and I was surprise how well it flew. Good for a beginner like me who is trying to do the transition from a small micro heli. It's a 250 size heli, not as intimating as a bigger size heli. The only problem is that nasa701 programmable transmitter. You know where I'm going with this. Do you think that skyartec might be possible to access with deviation in the future. This would be very nice. Skyartec are coming out with 3g3x flight stabilation for rtf airplane at cheap price but the transmitter are just bad.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2013 00:46 #4492 by RugWarrior
Replied by RugWarrior on topic skyartec compatibility
Hi bigde,

normally the developers here need high res pictures of the tx circuit boards to identify the tx chips.

More
02 Jan 2013 05:34 #4507 by bigde
Replied by bigde on topic skyartec compatibility
This is whats left of tx. :whistle: I have a picture of the main board and module.

Attachments:

More
02 Jan 2013 06:09 #4508 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic skyartec compatibility
CC2500, in a way that's good news. FrSky, which at some point will have support is using the same chip.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
03 Jan 2013 21:15 #4636 by bigde
So your saying that it might compatible with Frsky and we might have support with Frsky in the future.

More
03 Jan 2013 21:28 #4637 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic skyartec compatibility
no. he's saying that the module you need to install for frsky is capable of talking to the skyartec rx after the protocol has been understood.
This is much like how dsm is supported by the same module used for walkera's DEVO protocol. It still requires understanding the protocol, but at least it is based on a chip I'm already working on support for.

More
03 Jan 2013 21:46 #4638 by bigde
OK, are we gona have support for frsky in the future.

More
03 Jan 2013 23:44 #4639 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic skyartec compatibility
PB has said before that he has it on the list. I'm looking forward to that as well.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

More
10 Jan 2013 05:00 #4878 by teremok
Replied by teremok on topic skyartec compatibility
tell me and when it will be ready to support skyartec?

More
12 Jan 2013 13:42 #4940 by PhracturedBlue
Probably not very soon. I have many other projects I'd like to finish before I get to that one.

More
05 Feb 2013 10:34 #6045 by stein@office-center.no
Replied by stein@office-center.no on topic skyartec compatibility
HI

I'm about to receive my DEVO-10 which I am going to bind with my Blade 120SR.

After reading about the Skyartec Wasp X3V I'd like this to be my next heli. BUT not until i can use the DEVO-10 with devitationtx firmware.

Just so there is one more wanting compability :)

Stein

More
07 Feb 2013 01:45 #6105 by PhracturedBlue
I just got a package care of the Skyartec company containing a Tx, an Rx and a couple CC2500 modules. They've also offered some engineering help :)
So....I'm all set to start protocol development. But you'll still likely need to wait. I want to stabilize the current code and get a release out before I start more protocol work.

More
07 Feb 2013 07:12 #6111 by domcars0
Replied by domcars0 on topic skyartec compatibility

PhracturedBlue wrote: ... But you'll still likely need to wait. I want to stabilize the current code ...

Yes please I think that's the most important at this moment... There were so many deep modifications in the code since you began to work on 7e.

Devo 10 (+7e) owner. It's mine, please don't touch it with your big fingers :angry:

More
07 Feb 2013 13:29 #6122 by PhracturedBlue
To be fair, I can only fix issues I know about. The list on bitbucket is currently much more features than bugs.

More
09 Feb 2013 22:53 #6187 by bigde
I'm really happy that you are working on skyartec protocol... The wasp x3v is a good heli, a bargain for the price and if you could get it to run with devo8 that would be fantastic. Skyartec new product like the wasp nano cp @ attractive price (bnf for 65$ with shipping at miracle mart) and mini skyfun with 3G3X. Hope it will run soon with deviation. :woohoo:

More
13 Feb 2013 23:31 #6373 by DarkWolf
Replied by DarkWolf on topic skyartec compatibility
Blast you bigde for adding yet another range of models to my "I want that!" list.

PhracturedBlue, pretty awesome that the company is so helpful. Good marketing, IMO as having DeViation support will certainly put them on my buy lists. More companies need to be so awesome. *hint* *hint*

More
14 Feb 2013 03:02 #6374 by bigde
It's only to there advantage that company would supply equipment to get there stuff running with deviation. If I would know anything about programing I would try to help but no can do, have to sit and wait :whistle: I'm just a machinist and the only thing I program is a 4axis cnc..Thanks for all the work you guys are doing, I really appreciate that. :woohoo:

More
26 Feb 2013 03:16 #7061 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic skyartec compatibility
Hope deviation could support skyartec protocol soon ~~ :)

More
26 Feb 2013 05:22 #7063 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic skyartec compatibility
PB, if they are willing to give you hardware and support then surely they can just give you the full details of the protocol and save you the hassle?

I'm with DarkWolf; you guys are making this extra stuff way too tempting...

More
03 Mar 2013 01:43 #7237 by PhracturedBlue

RoGuE_StreaK wrote: PB, if they are willing to give you hardware and support then surely they can just give you the full details of the protocol and save you the hassle?

I'm with DarkWolf; you guys are making this extra stuff way too tempting...

They've been trying to help, but the language barrier is making it difficult for me to get what I need. Eaiser at this point to just finish analyzing the protocol.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds