skyartec compatibility

More
03 Mar 2013 03:17 #7255 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic skyartec compatibility
As I understand it this is going to require a hardware mod?
When and if this will be possible, do you think it will inter fair with other mods?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2013 08:12 #7270 by RoGuE_StreaK
Replied by RoGuE_StreaK on topic skyartec compatibility

PhracturedBlue wrote: They've been trying to help, but the language barrier is making it difficult for me to get what I need.

There seem to be a few native Chinese speakers here fluent in English (I assume Skyartec are Chinese?), maybe someone who knows what's required can act as an intermediary?

More
06 Mar 2013 20:29 - 06 Mar 2013 20:31 #7438 by ColdFire
Replied by ColdFire on topic skyartec compatibility
I am a native Chinese speaker and also fine with English. let me know what I can help (e.g., translate Chinese manual ...)
And yes, Skyartec is in Shenzhen, China.

RoGuE_StreaK wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: They've been trying to help, but the language barrier is making it difficult for me to get what I need.

There seem to be a few native Chinese speakers here fluent in English (I assume Skyartec are Chinese?), maybe someone who knows what's required can act as an intermediary?

Last edit: 06 Mar 2013 20:31 by ColdFire.

More
09 Mar 2013 18:16 #7562 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic skyartec compatibility
I have the skyartec protocol working sort of now.
For a specific tx id, I am able to bind and transmit to the rx I have. I am able to transmit on all 7 channels.

However, I have not yet successfully bound my rx when using a different ID.

I can probably put a probe on the Rx and figure it out, but I'll probably just ask the Skyartec folks if they can help out.

More
10 Mar 2013 02:19 #7576 by Mullson

PhracturedBlue wrote: I have the skyartec protocol working sort of now.
For a specific tx id, I am able to bind and transmit to the rx I have. I am able to transmit on all 7 channels.

However, I have not yet successfully bound my rx when using a different ID.

I can probably put a probe on the Rx and figure it out, but I'll probably just ask the Skyartec folks if they can help out.

Thanks for god news.
IS this with frsky module type v911 TX module :unsure: ?

More
10 Mar 2013 03:29 #7577 by PhracturedBlue
no. you'll need a cc2500 module to use it. There are various ones available from China

More
16 Mar 2013 14:18 #7806 by stein@office-center.no
Replied by stein@office-center.no on topic skyartec compatibility
HI

Maybe a silly question but, but I have learned that there are no silly questions - just silly answers :) !!

Is it possible to change to another rx on the Skyartec WASP X3V and Skyartec WASP Nano flybarless helis? Then a rx supported by deviationtx of course?

If so - any recommended rx's?

Thanks
Stein

More
16 Mar 2013 14:25 #7808 by stein@office-center.no
HI PB!!

You say You have the skyartec protocol working sort of now. Is this available for download - (I Understand it is still under construction)

Thanks..
Stein

More
16 Mar 2013 15:12 #7812 by PhracturedBlue
The latest nightlies include skyartec support (well...sort of). It is very experimental. You also need a CC2500 module installed. And to cnfigure it in tx.ini.

More
16 Mar 2013 15:44 - 16 Mar 2013 15:48 #7815 by Mullson
Are there any documentation on how to install the CC2500 module? And is it possible to have the a7105 module installed at the same time?
Last edit: 16 Mar 2013 15:48 by Mullson.

More
16 Mar 2013 15:45 #7816 by stein@office-center.no
Hi

The CC2500 module. Is this a new antenna-module to replace the one in my Devo 10? With the CC2500 module - will I be able to use this with the other protocols - as DSM2?

When Skyartec protocol becomes a included protocol in future releases - will the CC2500 module still be neccesary?

Thanks
Stein

More
16 Mar 2013 23:27 #7834 by PhracturedBlue
the cc2500 module will always be necessary. Such is the life of incompatible 2.4GHz technology. It installs almost identically to the A7105 module. I will update the documentation with instructions. The chip-select can be connected to the 'TCK' pin so that both the A7105 and CC500 module can be installed together.

Unfortunately, without a much more difficult soldering job, 2 additional modules is currently the max. So when I add support for the 24L01, it'll likely be necessary to choose which modules you want to use.

More
16 Mar 2013 23:28 #7835 by PhracturedBlue
Also, I finished developing the skyartec protocol so it should now be fully functional :)

More
17 Mar 2013 00:26 #7837 by stein@office-center.no
HI

This was great news!!

I have to get hold on a CC2500 module then. Many out there - I see. Does it matter which one? Any You prefer?

I've asked Kuen at Miracle-Mart.com if he can get one for me, because I've bought most of my RC-helis there.

Will You put out a new release or do I have to install the Nightly Build? It will probably take some days to get hold of the CC2500 module anyway!

You say that the CC500 and A7105 can be installed together. You ment the CC2500? I guess the A7105 is the one already installed in the Walkera Devo-10 radio? And that both can be installed in the transmitor togheter without any soldering - I hope anyway!

Great to know when You find time to update the documentation for this.

For what its worth - I think Your software is GREAT!!!!

Thanks..
Stein
Norway

More
17 Mar 2013 02:44 #7842 by PhracturedBlue
I have updated the module installation instructions for both the CC2500 and A7105 modules. You can find the updated instructions here:
www.deviationtx.com/repository/Documenta...duleInstallation.pdf

for translators, the fodt file can be found here:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation-manual

I recommend getting a module with a power-amp. I list 2 in the documentation. Be very careful when buying a module to ensure you read the full description and that the module is REALLY a CC2500. Lots of listings are like:

"NRF24L01 + PA power amplifier module 2.4G CC2500/905/PTR6000A Wireless"

Which is absolutely NOT what you want (that is a 24L01 module which is not CC2500 compatible)

The next release is imminent. Mostly it is waiting for:
a) some final testing of the changes I put in today
b) me to update the documentation

I do not expect any additional features to be added before release.

More
17 Mar 2013 10:37 #7849 by stein@office-center.no
Perfect..

I have just talked to a friend om mine which is a professional in electronics. He develop electronic controle systems like wheelchairs and car driving systems.

www.etac.com/en/etaccomexp/Start-Page/Pr.../Etac-Belder-Junior/

He will help me with this as this is hardware mod which I am not confident trying myself.

I sendt him the documentation and he will look into it tomorrow at work. He may be having the CC2500 module - otherwise I will order one of those Your recommend.

Thanks...
Stein

More
18 Mar 2013 01:09 #7882 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic skyartec compatibility
Hi PB,

Will "NRF24L01 + PA power amplifier module" be used in the future? other heli?
I want to buy a CC2500 module,and if NRF24L01(XL24L01-D03) will be supported by deviation, I want to buy it at same time.

Thanks!

More
18 Mar 2013 14:20 #7885 by PhracturedBlue

dc59 wrote: Hi PB,

Will "NRF24L01 + PA power amplifier module" be used in the future? other heli?
I want to buy a CC2500 module,and if NRF24L01(XL24L01-D03) will be supported by deviation, I want to buy it at same time.

Thanks!

I've been working on this module. It is used by SP260, the AnyConnect, and the V922 (getting the v922 to work will be much harder since they use the new 'E' chip which means there is no exposed SPI for me to snoop, and I need to learn how to snoop over the air instead)

Unfortunately, it requires an extra pin to work-with which will make it more challenging to use along side other modules. I'm still trying to decide how to proceed with it.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
18 Mar 2013 15:21 - 18 Mar 2013 15:23 #7886 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic skyartec compatibility

PhracturedBlue wrote: it requires an extra pin to work-with which will make it more challenging to use along side other modules.

PhracturedBlue,
have you thought about a binary decoder? Two data pins (TMS and TCK), Vdd and gnd are available side by side. So a two-bit-decoder like 74HCT138 (3-bit) could easily give us four bit-controllable outputs (only one module at a time activated). The additional effort should be mastered by everyone who can add a new module. And for still more modules the CYRF-CS-pin (PB12?) could be used as a third bit for eight modules...
Last edit: 18 Mar 2013 15:23 by rbe2012.

More
18 Mar 2013 19:49 #7898 by PhracturedBlue
yeah, my protocol development machine (raspberry pi) uses a 3:8 decoder so that I can do exactly this. It is also one of the reasons for the module enable in tx.ini. My guess is that it would be beyond most people doing these mods to wire it up though.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds