New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way

More
29 Jul 2013 13:17 - 29 Jul 2013 13:17 #12593 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way

vlad_vy wrote: Can you check if there is any packet code change in case Normal-Expert mode change. For my taste Hubsan is too lazy, seems it has some internal expo. I need to use quite large expo compensation in Tx. I wonder if internal expo can be swithed off.

There's no change between normal & expert, this is only a dual rate function.
Last edit: 29 Jul 2013 13:17 by goebish.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2013 13:35 #12594 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
Thanks, so that is it nature.

More
29 Jul 2013 16:06 #12599 by sbstnp
Replied by sbstnp on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
Yeah, for me the hack value is much more important.

Plus, I don't really crash anymore, so durability is important only marginally for me.

The hubsan could be a worthy piece of hardware for custom firmware, since is runs on a Nuvoton Mini54zan (arm, 32bit). I personally don't have enough time for my projects, life is getting in the way too much and it's frustrating as heck, couldn't even go on a vacation, since I'm on a customer's site 12 hours a day some days. Not fun.

Anyway, nice job!

goebish wrote: I see you ordered a PUMQ 1.1 to replace it.

I got one yesterday, I only flew it twice because I spent all my time hacking the hubsan protocol and modifying Deviation ;)

The PUMQ is a nice hacking platform, but I think it's far less robust than the X4, it looks like its arms may break just by staring at them (they're slimmer on the 1.1)

Would be cool to be able to reflash the x4's firmware to add a angle rate flight mode... Walkera devices are firmware upgradeable, I wonder if any progress has been made on flashing a custom fw to a lady bird for example.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
FrSky Taranis + TBS Crossfire

More
30 Jul 2013 11:26 - 30 Jul 2013 11:30 #12612 by goebish

sbstnp wrote: The hubsan could be a worthy piece of hardware for custom firmware, since is runs on a Nuvoton Mini54zan (arm, 32bit).

This is pretty interesting, unfortunately I'm an AVRetard only and still have to play with ARM based MCUs.
Maybe it's time to get an Arduino DUE or any other cheap ARM dev board in order to have an introduction course :)
Last edit: 30 Jul 2013 11:30 by goebish.

More
30 Jul 2013 11:32 #12613 by sbstnp
DUE has some issues. I can recommend the Teensy 3.0, which is nice and actually cheaper than the DUE. Plus it has a small form factor so it's easily integrated in projects.

goebish wrote:

sbstnp wrote: The hubsan could be a worthy piece of hardware for custom firmware, since is runs on a Nuvoton Mini54zan (arm, 32bit).

This is pretty interesting, unfortunately I'm an AVRetard only and still have to play with ARM based MCUs.
Maybe it's time to get an Arduino DUE or any other cheap ARM dev board in order to have an introduction course :)

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

More
30 Jul 2013 11:36 - 30 Jul 2013 11:50 #12614 by goebish
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll get one (+ I see it's compatible with the arduino IDE, perfect to start!)

I guess code is uploaded with a bootloader, like on the AVRs based Arduinos, what does it take to flash one of those chips without a bootloader on them (aka an equivalent to USBASP or AVR Dragon for AVRs) ?

edit: I guess this is vendor dependent :(
Last edit: 30 Jul 2013 11:50 by goebish.

More
30 Jul 2013 14:41 #12616 by sbstnp

goebish wrote: Thanks for the suggestion, I'll get one (+ I see it's compatible with the arduino IDE, perfect to start!)

I guess code is uploaded with a bootloader, like on the AVRs based Arduinos, what does it take to flash one of those chips without a bootloader on them (aka an equivalent to USBASP or AVR Dragon for AVRs) ?

edit: I guess this is vendor dependent :(

Yep, vendor dependent. Teensy 3.0 has a second ARM micro CPU, a Nuvoton Mini54tan (LOL nice name) which basically deals with loading the software on the main Freescale MCU. This way you have 100% of the flash for your software and none occupied by the bootloader.

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9

More
02 Aug 2013 11:23 - 02 Aug 2013 11:25 #12723 by goebish
Oh ! I just remembered I have 2 TI Stellaris Launchpad boards (LM4F120H5QR MCU, ARM Cortex-M4F) that I never used, time to dust them off !
Last edit: 02 Aug 2013 11:25 by goebish.

More
02 Aug 2013 15:51 - 02 Aug 2013 15:51 #12726 by sbstnp

goebish wrote: Oh ! I just remembered I have 2 TI Stellaris Launchpad boards (LM4F120H5QR MCU, ARM Cortex-M4F) that I never used, time to dust them off !

Those are nice too, I just happen to like the really small form factor of the Teensy 3.0 (it's called teensy after all :))

Devo 10 + 4in1
Spektrum Dx9
Last edit: 02 Aug 2013 15:51 by sbstnp.

More
09 Aug 2013 04:44 - 09 Aug 2013 04:49 #12855 by jason4207
Replied by jason4207 on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
For all you Devo 7e owners this is my latest model.ini file. If you upgrade to the latest nightly build there is now LED and flip control, so no need to patch. Just upgrade to the latest nightly build and then use this model file. :)

LED Control - Press down on the left vertical trim rocker (throttle trim down) to turn LEDs off and on.

Anti-Flip Control - Put TH toggle switch to 1 to disable flips when in high rates.

Dual Rates - FMODE0 = 75AIL/75ELE/50RUD | FMODE1 = 100AIL/100ELE/60RUD

Big thanks goes out to goebish for analyzing the signal and cracking the code!!!
:woohoo:

Edit: 2nd attachment has the trims zeroed out.
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Aug 2013 04:49 by jason4207.

More
21 Aug 2013 01:11 #13052 by bruce356
Replied by bruce356 on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
Hi Jason, Just received my devo7e yesterday. Added the a7105 transceiver module which I removed from my v929 radio. I only have the Hubsan X4 v2 and the V929.

Downloaded and installed the latest nightly and formatted the 2 meg of memory. Copied across the required files and found I could bind to the X4 using default model1.ini but flight orientation (direction) was wrong.

I found your X4 Model (hfdcf914.ini he3d2d0a.ini)files and loaded he3d* and all worked as expected.

Obviously I am very new to this and was so greatfull that you made your files public as I would not have known where to start.

LED control works great but am not sure how to turn Flip Control on or off. What does this mean "Put TH toggle switch to 1 to disable flips"

Also Dual Rates, I do not know how to initiate either of the two in your post using one of the switches. The default seems to be FMODE1 100%, how do I select FMODE0 75% or set it at 50%.

Sorry for the long post but I feel more info is better than less.

Thanks again
Regards - bruce

More
21 Aug 2013 03:59 #13054 by Cesco
Replied by Cesco on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
One question,

Is the hubsan spyhawk stuff known? Video rec on/off and autolevel on/off ?

More
21 Aug 2013 07:49 - 26 Aug 2013 18:53 #13064 by sllewji
Replied by sllewji on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
Hi Jason - I also just got my 7E, and have been learning about Deviation whilst waiting for my A7105 to turn up. I've made a couple of changes to your model file which (if they work!) might make for a more flexible approach.

HOLD0 (Left switch up) arms the throttle
HOLD1 (Left switch down) disarms the throttle

FMODE0 (Right switch up) sets AIL & ELE to 70% & RUD to 60% scale
FMODE1 (Right switch down) sets AIL, ELE & RUD to 100% scale

TRIMLV+ (Throttle trim up) toggles Flip Mode (CH6) - will only flip when FMODE1
TRIMLV- (Throttle trim down) toggles LEDs (CH5)
(Note: "Throttle" above assumes the Tx is MODE2 ;) )

TIMER1 is a 5m30s countdown, and TIMER2 is a stopwatch, both setup to start when the throttle goes above -100(ish) and stop at -100 (both also stop when Throttle is disarmed - HOLD1).

The EXT button is a momentary button which will reset the two timers.

If we get switch icons back at some stage, it would be nice to show the LED and FlipMode status, but that's for a future Deviation nightly / release.

Until I get my A7105 installed I can't test this - is anyone else feeling brave?
In theory it should work for both the H107 (V1) and the H107L (V2) - except that there is no LEDs on the H107, of course.

If it works as it's supposed to, I'll repost to the models section.

Ian

File Attachment:

File Name: hf88d0b9.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Aug 2013 18:53 by sllewji.

More
21 Aug 2013 09:58 #13081 by bruce356
Hi sllewji, you are doing well, I am no where near being able to write a model file. I tested your "hf88d0b9.ini" file on my x4 v2 and it all worked perfectly. Flips only work on 100% setting.

The only item that I am having problems with is that on start up sometimes the 7E will not bind with the x4. I normally plug in x4 first and then turn on the transmitter to bind automatically.

I have also used jason4207 Model files in particular "he3d2d0a_2013-08-08" and after setting "Fixed ID" to "None" with this model file loaded it binds every time absolutely Automatically without fail.

I thank you very much for sharing.

More
21 Aug 2013 10:26 - 21 Aug 2013 10:34 #13083 by sllewji
Hi Bruce - thanks for that, you're very welcome!

Most of the kudos should go to Jason4207 (thanks Jason!), I learnt a lot from his model file, and just tweaked it a bit so it did what I wanted.

I think the X4 itself contains the code which makes it only actually flip when the "expert" rates are set at 100%, whatever the FlipMode setting is - which makes a lot of sense.
I therefore didn't see the necessity to mix FMODE1 and TRIMLV- together to ensure that flip mode is only actually enabled when both were active - although it might be interesting to do this as a thought exercise ;)

I'm not sure why you would get binding issues with one model file and not the other - I'll double check the differences between Jason's original and my model file to see whether I've inadvertantly introduced the problem.

Ian

bruce356 wrote: Hi sllewji, you are doing well, I am no where near being able to write a model file. I tested your "hf88d0b9.ini" file on my x4 v2 and it all worked perfectly. Flips only work on 100% setting.

The only item that I am having problems with is that on start up sometimes the 7E will not bind with the x4. I normally plug in x4 first and then turn on the transmitter to bind automatically.

I have also used jason4207 Model files in particular "he3d2d0a_2013-08-08" and after setting "Fixed ID" to "None" with this model file loaded it binds every time absolutely Automatically without fail.

I thank you very much for sharing.

Last edit: 21 Aug 2013 10:34 by sllewji.

More
21 Aug 2013 10:39 - 21 Aug 2013 10:40 #13084 by goebish

sllewji wrote: I think the X4 itself contains the code which makes it only actually flip when the "expert" rates are set at 100%, whatever the FlipMode setting is - which makes a lot of sense.

This is true for the x4v1, I think flips are enabled at 90% rates on this one (I don't have one).

For the x4v2 rates need to be 90% or more AND have the flip flag bit enabled.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2013 10:40 by goebish.

More
21 Aug 2013 10:50 - 21 Aug 2013 10:54 #13085 by sllewji
Hi goebish - Thanks for the clarification.
I should also have passed on my thanks to you for identifying Hubsan CH5&6 and getting them included in the nightly! :oops:
Last edit: 21 Aug 2013 10:54 by sllewji.

More
21 Aug 2013 11:20 #13086 by bruce356
Hi sllewji, Flip on 100% or 90% Expert mode is fine it does not have to flip on lower rates. Lower rates are for stress free flying.

I noticed that when it will not auto bind, if I switch off the 7E and put right hand switch in down position (expert mode), then turn transmitter back on it auto binds straight away.

The only difference therefore are the rates. Your default rates (switch up) are 70% and 60%. Jason's default rates are 75, 75, 50 and 60.

When your rates are at expert mode 100% it binds every time, this is very curious.

Regards - bruce

More
21 Aug 2013 11:22 #13087 by goebish
@Bruce356: that's weird because the bind stage has nothing to do with rates...

More
21 Aug 2013 12:34 - 21 Aug 2013 12:36 #13098 by sllewji
Hi Bruce,

Its a long shot but . . .

In my version of the model file, at initialisation both LEDs and FlipMode are OFF by default, whereas they are ON in Jason's.

I wonder whether this (particularly FlipMode) has a bearing on the behaviour you see regarding whether the X4 will bind - The Hubsan Tx seems to have them both enabled by default when the X4 first binds.

Try turning both FlipMode and LEDs ON - then turning the Tx off.
Set FMODE0 (right switch up), then turn the Tx back on, the Tx should have "remembered" last toggle settings (they are trims after all!), and let us know whether you still have the same bind issues.

Like I said, it's a long shot!

Ian
Last edit: 21 Aug 2013 12:36 by sllewji.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds