New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way

More
21 Aug 2013 13:50 - 21 Aug 2013 14:04 #13101 by bruce356
Replied by bruce356 on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
@Goebish Hi, yes it seems strange I have no answer.

@silewji there is nothing conclusive re leaving LED set to on and high rates before turning off the transmitter.

The only thing that is conclusive at this stage, is, that if the right hand switch is down it will bind every time, otherwise sometimes it will bind and other times it will not.

I have also found that with the right hand switch up if I turn on the radio it will most likely not bind. If I then turn the radio off and on again it may bind the second time or the third or fourth. Other times it will not bind even after 6 turn on / off cycles, I then flick r/h switch down and it will definitely bind.

If it fails to Auto bind and I bind it manually, manual binding always works.

Next thing to try perhaps is change the low default rates and see what effect that may have if any.

Regards - bruce
Last edit: 21 Aug 2013 14:04 by bruce356.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2013 14:16 #13104 by sllewji
Replied by sllewji on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
Hi Bruce,

Well I did think my suggetion was a long shot :)
Let us know how you get on with changing the low rate to 75%.

Ian

More
21 Aug 2013 14:35 #13106 by bruce356
Hi sllewji, I changed the rates to 75, 75, 50 and it has made no difference?

I will just turn the transmitter on with the right switch down, I know that works and it overcomes the problem.

Thanks again and regards - bruce

More
21 Aug 2013 14:36 #13107 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
@bruce: do you have a v1 or v2 X4 ?

More
21 Aug 2013 14:37 #13108 by sllewji
Replied by sllewji on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
Hi Bruce,

I'll play with it some more when I have my Tx modded with the A7105.
Also - I just noticed that the Tx power setting on my model is at 150mW - you might like to edit that down to conserve Tx batteries if you don't need to fly your X4 at long range ;)

Ian

More
21 Aug 2013 15:38 #13114 by bruce356
Hi goebish, its the V2 with lights.

Hi sllewji, thanks for drawing my attention to this, I did notice it when I first downloaded your file and changed it to 30mW as I am only flying inside at the moment, weather outside is cold and rainy.

Regards - bruce

More
21 Aug 2013 15:41 #13115 by goebish
Ok Bruce, if it has been a v1 it could have been a bug in my patch, but that's not the case :)

More
21 Aug 2013 15:54 #13116 by bruce356
Hi goebish, I do not know if you read my earlier post but before using the hf88d0b9.ini file from sllewji I used jason4207 Model file "he3d2d0a_2013-08-08.ini" and with that model file loaded there is no problem at all with Auto binding. But Jason's file does not have the switch / switches function or the disable / enable flips function.

I mention this in case you missed it.

regards - bruce

More
21 Aug 2013 16:01 #13117 by goebish
I'd like to understand your issue, and the used profile should have nothing to do with binding ...

More
21 Aug 2013 16:10 - 21 Aug 2013 16:11 #13118 by jason4207
Replied by jason4207 on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
Hi guys! Thanks for the kudos! :)

Wow lots of activity here lately! Been out of town up in the mountains w/ no cell phone service, and spotty satellite Internet. But the backdrop for flying was amazing!

bruce356 wrote: LED control works great but am not sure how to turn Flip Control on or off. What does this mean "Put TH toggle switch to 1 to disable flips"

Also Dual Rates, I do not know how to initiate either of the two in your post using one of the switches. The default seems to be FMODE1 100%, how do I select FMODE0 75% or set it at 50%.

The toggle switch on the top left of the Tx says "HOLD" this is commonly known as Throttle Hold or TH. TH=0 is default which means flips are active, but you have to have your rates at 90-100 for flips to work anyways. TH=1 is the anti-flip mode. Use this when you want to fly at 90-100 rates, but do not want to accidentally flip.

FMOD=0 is low rates, and FMOD=1 is high rates. I can't remember what I set low rates to, but high rates are 100 except for rudder which is at 60. I've gone down to 50 on the rudder recently as I'm able to make super smooth banked turns at full speed a little easier this way. I plan to play w/ expo control to see if I can get the result I want at a higher rudder rate. Another option is to use 100 AIL/ELE rates for low and high and just vary the rudder between them; 50 for low and 100 for high. This way I can fly super smooth banked turns on FMOD=0 and do super fast pirouettes when FMOD=1. Just have to be proficient enough to fly at 100 AIL/ELE all the time.

You can change the rates to whatever you want to either by using the Tx menu system or opening the .ini file on your PC using Notepad++. Let me know if you need any help deciphering it.

sllewji wrote: Hi Jason - I also just got my 7E, and have been learning about Deviation whilst waiting for my A7105 to turn up. I've made a couple of changes to your model file which (if they work!) might make for a more flexible approach.

HOLD0 (Left switch up) arms the throttle
HOLD1 (Left switch down) disarms the throttle

FMODE0 (Right switch up) sets AIL & ELE to 70% & RUD to 60% scale
FMODE1 (Right switch down) sets AIL, ELE & RUD to 100% scale

TRIMLV+ (Throttle trim up) toggles Flip Mode (CH6) - will only flip when FMODE1
TRIMLV- (Throttle trim down) toggles LEDs (CH5)

TIMER1 is a 5m30s countdown, and TIMER2 is a stopwatch, both setup to start when the throttle goes above -100(ish) and stop at -100 (both also stop when Throttle is disarmed - HOLD1).

The EXT button is a momentary button which will reset the two timers.

If we get switch icons back at some stage, it would be nice to show the LED and FlipMode status, but that's for a future Deviation nightly / release.

Good work on jumping right in there and getting your hands dirty! B)

I can't test right now, but the great thing about Deviation is how customizable it is. Using TH is great practice for CP helis. I don't use it on my X4, but may try that eventually. Now that I've added 2 extra toggle switches and have access to the trim buttons for other functionality I'm counting 12 channels if I only re-assign Throttle and Rudder trims! :woohoo:

I already had the timer and stopwatch setup, although mine is set to 5min instead of 5m30s. And L- is already setup to reset both timers.

Switch icons would be nice. ;)

bruse356 wrote: Hi sllewji, you are doing well, I am no where near being able to write a model file. I tested your "hf88d0b9.ini" file on my x4 v2 and it all worked perfectly. Flips only work on 100% setting.

The only item that I am having problems with is that on start up sometimes the 7E will not bind with the x4. I normally plug in x4 first and then turn on the transmitter to bind automatically.

I have also used jason4207 Model files in particular "he3d2d0a_2013-08-08" and after setting "Fixed ID" to "None" with this model file loaded it binds every time absolutely Automatically without fail.

I thank you very much for sharing.

On mine I found it easiest to set the Tx to my X4 model file. Then turn it off. Then plug in the X4 and switch the Tx on w/n a few seconds and it binds everytime. I haven't tried playing w/ the code to get better behavior. If the X4 is plugged in too long I find that even pressing bind on the Tx does not work. I might try the Fixed ID set to none and see how mine reacts.

sllewji wrote: In my version of the model file, at initialisation both LEDs and FlipMode are OFF by default, whereas they are ON in Jason's.

I wonder whether this (particularly FlipMode) has a bearing on the behaviour you see regarding whether the X4 will bind - The Hubsan Tx seems to have them both enabled by default when the X4 first binds.

Try turning both FlipMode and LEDs ON - then turning the Tx off.
Set FMODE0 (right switch up), then turn the Tx back on, the Tx should have "remembered" last toggle settings (they are trims after all!), and let us know whether you still have the same bind issues.

In my model file the LEDs seem to retain their last state. So, whatever it was when I last turned the Tx off is what it is when I turn it back on. The flips are on FMOD toggle switch, so it is whatever you set it to.

bruce356 wrote: Hi goebish, I do not know if you read my earlier post but before using the hf88d0b9.ini file from sllewji I used jason4207 Model file "he3d2d0a_2013-08-08.ini" and with that model file loaded there is no problem at all with Auto binding. But Jason's file does not have the switch / switches function or the disable / enable flips function.

I mention this in case you missed it.

regards - bruce

Hi Bruce, my model file does have all the features included. That was the entire point of posting it. :P

HOLD=0 Auto-flips enabled while in 90%+ rates(default)
HOLD=1 Auto-flips disabled

Left Vertical Rocker Trim button down turns LEDs on and off.

Let me know if you cannot get these features to work.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2013 16:11 by jason4207.

More
22 Aug 2013 02:13 #13138 by goebish
I've just updated my Devo 10 profile , with proper throttle curve and ail/ele/rud expos.

More
22 Aug 2013 02:29 #13139 by bruce356
Hi jason4207, thanks for your reply.
I was able to turn the LEDs' on / off using the throttle trim switch, that I understood.

Flip control I did not know as I was not aware that by the acronym "TH" (did not know it stood for throttle hold)you meant the "Hold" switch.

Rates I also did not know how to change (via a switch rather than manually) YOUR QUOTE "You can change the rates to whatever you want to either by using the Tx menu system or opening the .ini file". I assume this means at this stage your model file is not able to change rates using a switch.

Bind with your model file works very well and binds successfully every time.

Regards - bruce

More
22 Aug 2013 03:21 #13140 by jason4207

bruce356 wrote:
Rates I also did not know how to change (via a switch rather than manually) YOUR QUOTE "You can change the rates to whatever you want to either by using the Tx menu system or opening the .ini file". I assume this means at this stage your model file is not able to change rates using a switch.

Hi Bruce. What I mean is you can set any level to AIL/ELE/RUD and store it as 2 different pre-defined settings (this means Dual Rates (DR)). This is very similar to how the stock Tx works if you are familiar with programming that. I have programmed the FMOD switch to switch b/n the rate levels similar to the way you click the right stick in on the stock Tx.

On the file I uploaded I set it as such:

FMOD=0 - 75AIL/75ELE/50RUD
FMOD=1 - 100AIL/100ELE/60RUD

If you want something tamer you might like:

60/60/50
90/90/50

And it is very easy for you to make such simple changes using either method I mentioned earlier. Familiarize yourself w/ the Tx menu and the .ini files if you get a chance and let me know if you need any help along the way!

Jason

More
22 Aug 2013 03:29 #13141 by jason4207

goebish wrote: I've just updated my Devo 10 profile , with proper throttle curve and ail/ele/rud expos.

Why only 90 throws?

More
22 Aug 2013 03:34 #13143 by goebish
Because I think that's enough :)

More
08 Sep 2013 00:11 #13639 by AKA_TEKK
Replied by AKA_TEKK on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
Hello Geobish,

do I have to patch something to make this work? or simply the (model2_2013-08-21.ini) file

can't turn on or off the light and the FMODE 1 is still able to make FLIPS.

I have the 3.0 firmware and the V911 module on my DEVO10

thanks!

goebish wrote: Thanks FDR,

I now have a working profile (attached)

GEAR 0 -> lights on
GEAR 1 -> lights off

Throttle curve: 0/40/65/80/100%

FMODE 0: 75% throws / 60% RUD, -10% expo AIL/ELE, +30% expo RUD
FMODE 1: 90% throws / 70% RUD, -10% expo AIL/ELE, +30% expo RUD flips disabled
FMODE 2: 90% throws / 70% RUD, -10% expo AIL/ELE, +30% expo RUD flips enabled

RUDD D/R 1 -> throttle cut

edit 2013-08-22: proper throttle curve and ail/ele/rud expos

More
08 Sep 2013 00:18 #13640 by goebish
The patch is included in the nightly build:
deviationtx.com/repository/Deviation-Releases/Nightly-Builds/

More
08 Sep 2013 01:50 #13642 by AKA_TEKK
Replied by AKA_TEKK on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
got it ;O) thanks

More
28 Oct 2013 05:43 #15067 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
I have problems with binding Hubsan X4 H107C. First power on Tx next H107C = problem, 50/50 or worse. First power on H107C next Tx = problem, 50/50 or worse. If I bind H107C by 'Bind' button, all OK.

More
10 Nov 2013 12:44 #15492 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic New Hubsan Upgraded Version on the way
Solved, problem with bind was related to some kind of problem with XL7105-D03 module. With new XL7105-D03 module all works fine.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds