Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

• hexfet
27 Aug 2022 16:52
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Category: Protocol Development

This firmware won't introduce any new problems with datalog. I haven't used datalog enough to know if it has some bug already.
  • hexfet
27 Aug 2022 16:50
Replied by hexfet on topic Jumper T8SG v3 Carbon ELRS CRSF CONFIG BLACK BAR

Jumper T8SG v3 Carbon ELRS CRSF CONFIG BLACK BAR

Category: Feedback & Questions

Does your ELRS link work other than the configuration? The channels and telemetry are okay? If not then none of the serial data is getting through. If those work and the config does not then it's something else.
  • Fernandez
24 Aug 2022 18:21 - 24 Aug 2022 18:22
Replied by Fernandez on topic Jumper T8SG v3 Carbon ELRS CRSF CONFIG BLACK BAR

The Tx is t8sg V2 plus (yellow)
The module is, the very first, oldest generation Happymodel; www.getfpv.com/happymodel-expresslrs-2-4...e-jumper-t-lite.html
I run indeed short external cable to the module bay; Gnd, 5v, signal.
I run firmware as posted.
ELRS is very latest 3.0

Menu is not loading, can only set the baudrate, tried different rates. indeed all other menues etc deviation tx seem fine.
  • LAM_FPV
24 Aug 2022 17:58
Replied by LAM_FPV on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Thank you for your answer !

Is it ok to use datalog with this firmware ?
In fact i have bricked my t8sg trying to do this. That's why now i need to reflash the firmware.
  • hexfet
24 Aug 2022 15:11
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Yes, that link has builds of the latest firmware.
  • hexfet
24 Aug 2022 15:09
Replied by hexfet on topic Jumper T8SG v3 Carbon ELRS CRSF CONFIG BLACK BAR

You said you have a T8SG V2 Plus, so you should be using the t8sg_v2_plus build. I think you are since you don't mention any display issues.

The long name problem is fixed in the build above so that's not the problem. You said you're using a T-lite module, which doesn't fit the T8SG JR bay. If you made a cable to connect them that would be something to check.

The ELRS version must be 2.X or above. The 1.X version used a different configuration system.
  • McGyver
24 Aug 2022 04:29 - 24 Aug 2022 09:09
Voice alerts on designated points in channel was created by McGyver

Voice alerts on designated points in channel

Category: General Discussions

I’m trying to set few voice alerts on one channel. For example ch5 flightmode. At -85, -53, -20, 12 points. Is there way to do it? I assume I should use some remaining unused channels or virtual channels to „clone” throttle value and than play alert for each channel? I really don’t have enough experience to do it for now. Can anyone help me with that and point how to do it properly?

Ok it's good to discuss with ourselves :) and find some answers in many tries.
For now I got:

[virtchan2]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=Ch5
dest=Virt2
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt2
scalar=-85
usetrim=0
muxtype=voice
curvetype=fixed

[virtchan3]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=Ch5
dest=Virt3
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Virt3
scalar=-53
usetrim=0
muxtype=voice
curvetype=fixed

Virt2=286
Virt3=287

So basicaly it works, but plays each step when I cross desired range. I expected to play voice only in desired points.But if I go from -85 to -20 directly by switch it plays voice for middle value -53 which I don't want, only that -85 and -20. Is there a way to separate that? Or I have to assign some switch position as play condition if that is possible? So for example If I move from -85 to -20 i'll do it by switch FMOD0.
It's little too complicated how exactly that mixer works :(
  • Fernandez
23 Aug 2022 18:34 - 23 Aug 2022 18:35

Hi yes I did try that but not worked for me. I use the 1st generation, Happymodel 2.4g T-lite model.

I heard also something about long system name, but not clear how to check or change.
  • LAM_FPV
23 Aug 2022 09:39 - 23 Aug 2022 09:40
Replied by LAM_FPV on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Hi Hexfet, No one of the firmware on this discussion is anymore available to download.
I have found the nightly build page here : https://www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/2876-hexfet-nightly-build

Is it ok ? May we can download these firmware to use the latest version of ELRS firmware ? (in my case for T8SG v2 Plus)
  • McGyver
22 Aug 2022 20:13 - 22 Aug 2022 22:36
Replied by McGyver on topic Voice alerts test build

Voice alerts test build

Category: Builds

10 channels... not to much but should be enough to set things correctly.
I saw that Wiki for emulator but not to much direct info there. Do what was written there and still no sound :( only beeps working, completly no voice or mp3 playing. I'm under Windows 10... maybe that's some problem. Or I have to connect DFPlayer to mic output in PC or some com port? I tought it will play directly by sound card but I got only beeps :(
Same setup in Devo 10 and all works correctly, but for testing emulator is much more easy.
I check that voicepack tool later, not sure what I need to run it and how.

I found previous voice alert wiki - and there is mpg123.exe file which should play mp3 but it won't work somehow. Not sure what is wrong with my setup :(
MP3 folder is where exe file is
Hardware.ini - set for dfplayer
Voice.ini in media folder
and still nothing, no voice or even voice menu in emulator.

OK, I set Devo7E emulator instead Devo10 and voice works correctly. So I think something is wrong with configuration somewhere. Compare messages in background to Devo10emu... DEV mod enabled - cannot set volume - I think something is set not right in Devo10 emulator :(
  • vlad_vy
22 Aug 2022 16:35
Replied by vlad_vy on topic DEVO 10 - I want original devo firmware back!

DEVO 10 - I want original devo firmware back!

Category: Stock Firmware Help

It is possible you need flash "B" or 10mW version.
  • hexfet
22 Aug 2022 16:24
Replied by hexfet on topic Voice alerts test build

Voice alerts test build

There are 10 virtual channels.

Setting up the emulator for voice is explained in the wiki . That page also has info on the file layout. The voicepack tool is on github.
  • McGyver
22 Aug 2022 07:12 - 22 Aug 2022 13:36

Voice alerts test build

I tested that beeps in simulation in various points of one channel and that works well, but don’t think I can assign various alarms on each point for one channel. So probably I have to assign 5 addional virtual channels to clon channel 5 to make that work with other voices in specific range, so one specific alarm for 5 virt channels and one for base channel. That should be easy :) i test it later and post how it works.
Is there any limit how many virtual channels I can use?
I think I also add some mid range points for gimbal pots to easy set them in center.
Is there any voice alerts makeing program? I checked old links and most of them are outdated and doesn’t work.
Or maybe not too many people still using Devo transmitters.

I tried to turn on voice in emulator on PC but it won't work. I put mp3 folder in same with exe, I added the voice.ini to media folder and turn on DFPlayer in hardware.ini what should I do next to turn it on?
  • hexfet
21 Aug 2022 23:30
Replied by hexfet on topic Voice alerts test build

Voice alerts test build

Should be able to do this with mux voice though I haven't used it. This post should help. Looks like sound file is associated with the channel name so maybe a virtual channel for each mode.
  • McGyver
21 Aug 2022 12:55

Voice alerts test build

I've installed Voice mod in Devo 10, and it works pretty well. I used speaker from old netbook pc - 8ohms. And it fits great above stock buzzer, and voice quality is quite good, there's plenty of free space there for mp3 board or whatever. I used 5V BEC to power the DFPlayer mini directly from battery using stock power switch. It's connected to TX port on main board (going to DSC).
Ok, now I wanted to ask how to setup voice alerts for 6 flight modes? I use Mix switch combined with Aile D/R switch.

That's what I got in model.ini

[channel5]
template=complex
[mixer]
src=MIX0
dest=Ch5
switch=MIX0
scalar=-85
usetrim=0
curvetype=min/max
points=0
[mixer]
src=MIX1
dest=Ch5
switch=MIX1
scalar=-20
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=MIX2
dest=Ch5
switch=MIX2
scalar=45
usetrim=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL DR1
dest=Ch5
switch=AIL DR1
scalar=32
usetrim=0
muxtype=add
curvetype=fixed

How to set 6 voice alerts for it?

File Attachment:

File Name: model3.ini
File Size:12 KB
  • vanuatuian
21 Aug 2022 00:03
Replied by vanuatuian on topic Jumper T8SG v3 Carbon ELRS CRSF CONFIG BLACK BAR

not sure if this will help, but for me i have the carbon edition radio and i found this version "deviation-t8sg_v2-v5.0.0-60968b7" worked for me in the above link. i was originally using deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-60968b7 and it was giving me weird artifacts all over my screen.
good luck!
  • Fernandez
20 Aug 2022 14:59

Hmm I have got same issues, use happymodel slim, changed jumpers, flashed flashed over uart with latest 3.0 RC2 ELRS, left UART inverted tick box Open.

Updated TGSG V2 plus, with above build.
Connected to my pin changed external bay, but I get a black menu in CRSF.
I can change the baud setting, but nothing happens.
  • otterslide
17 Aug 2022 21:00
Replied by otterslide on topic DEVO 10 - I want original devo firmware back!

jfitz66 wrote: Its been a long time but I seem to recall the procedures are not the same for Devention and Deviation. I can't remember the details but pretty sure I caught a post about that somewhere in this thread.

Deviation requires flashing the FW first, then reboot and plug in, then formatting the drive and then copying the filesystem files.

Devention as far as I know, requires flashing the FW and Lib files one after the other,.. this is what I'm doing anyway, and it's not working.
  • jfitz66
17 Aug 2022 18:49
Replied by jfitz66 on topic DEVO 10 - I want original devo firmware back!

Its been a long time but I seem to recall the procedures are not the same for Devention and Deviation. I can't remember the details but pretty sure I caught a post about that somewhere in this thread.
  • otterslide
17 Aug 2022 17:14
Replied by otterslide on topic DEVO 10 - I want original devo firmware back!

I did exactly what's shown on that page, click Firmware, select firmware file, click upgrade. Then click Library, select library file, click upgrade.
Click Leave DFU, it restarts, but does not boot.
That's the "upgrade" procedure. I wonder if going from Deviation to Devention is the same procedure. Maybe I need to clear out some Deviation files first?
The firmware and library get uploaded, but that's not good enough. But the Deviation DFU works fine, so that confirms the "upgrade" button is actually working.
Displaying 321 - 340 out of 76173 results.
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds