Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: )

• hexfet
16 Mar 2022 22:13
Replied by hexfet on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Category: Protocol Development

tonh wrote: Hey guys..

I've been happily flying elrs 1.0 for a long time now. Why update if it works, right? I've had some spare time last couple of days.. (caught covid... time to update everything... ;-) ) ...Been reading up on this. Am I correct in understanding that with 1.0 (Phobos' DeviationTX build) I'm not actually running 500hz? If that's the case, then I'm really going to need to update this. Really appreciate the tlc deviationtx is getting, Hexfet! thanks!!!!

Thank you! I'm a little uncertain about the version numbers you're giving. You should be using ELRS 2.X version else the config pages won't work.

I think you might be using "1.0" as the change Phobos made in Deviation. That change adds support for multiple packet rates including 500Hz. However it did not implement full CRSFshot. I saw an ELRS change go by a few weeks ago that I think made CRSFshot required, but I didn't look into what ELRS does if it's not there.

There are several other improvements as well and you should definitely upgrade. Latest test build - d3964e5 .
  • hexfet
16 Mar 2022 22:06

expressLRS

rc manic wrote: 500 Hz packet rate cannot be selected unless baud rate set to 1.8M or higher. According to ELRS website, 500Hz should work with 400k baud rate?

I don't see this behavior. What are your other ELRS settings? Are you testing with receiver connected or not?
I'm able to select 500Hz with bitrate 400K on ELRS 2.3. The only problem I saw happened when switching from 1.87M to 400K while the packet rate was 500. In that case the ELRS info message didn't seem to be working (haven't debugged yet). But otherwise I didn't have any issues with 500Hz at 400K.

With tx model ID limited to 0-63, if you do NOT want to use model match, my receivers have required model ID to be set at 255. Is this is in accordance with ELRS design specs? I was getting a model mismatch EVEN IF model match was set to off. People should be aware you have to set rx to model ID 255, or you will get a model mismatch error..

That sounds consistent with what's described in the Model Match section on this page .
  • tonh
16 Mar 2022 16:10
Replied by tonh on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Hey guys..

I've been happily flying elrs 1.0 for a long time now. Why update if it works, right? I've had some spare time last couple of days.. (caught covid... time to update everything... ;-) ) ...Been reading up on this. Am I correct in understanding that with 1.0 (Phobos' DeviationTX build) I'm not actually running 500hz? If that's the case, then I'm really going to need to update this. Really appreciate the tlc deviationtx is getting, Hexfet! thanks!!!!
  • rc manic
16 Mar 2022 09:28 - 16 Mar 2022 09:33
Replied by rc manic on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Had a couple of brief flights last weekend. Everything seemed to work well. I am having issues with consistent random link loss using a HM ES24tx and betafpv 2.4 lite rx, but I think it's a hardware issue with the rx. Running ELRS 2.3

Few things noticed:
500 Hz packet rate cannot be selected unless baud rate set to 1.8M or higher. According to ELRS website, 500Hz should work with 400k baud rate?

With tx model ID limited to 0-63, if you do NOT want to use model match, my receivers have required model ID to be set at 255. Is this is in accordance with ELRS design specs? I was getting a model mismatch EVEN IF model match was set to off. People should be aware you have to set rx to model ID 255, or you will get a model mismatch error.

Yet to do more testing with betafpv micro 500mW tx to see of everything still works, once I get a new receiver.
  • Amandrake
11 Mar 2022 05:53
Replied by Amandrake on topic R9M with Deviation

R9M with Deviation

Category: General Discussions

Hello, where did you connect the 3 essential wires for the functioning of the module on the I need to have the ppm? Please let me know!!!
  • Amandrake
11 Mar 2022 05:39
Replied by Amandrake on topic Devo 7 TX PPM out to 2.4Ghz Hack Module

Devo 7 TX PPM out to 2.4Ghz Hack Module

Good morning to please tell me how you connected the power supply and the ppm of the module on the radio do I have to? I would like to install in the module irx4 + my must f12 which does not support deviationetx
  • hexfet
10 Mar 2022 02:20
Replied by hexfet on topic Would this Tx be compatible with my jumper t8sg v2

Would this Tx be compatible with my jumper t8sg v2

Deviation doesn't support flashing the receivers. An opentx/edgetx transmitter can do it. There's also some flashing software out there but a little circuitry is needed. That's at the bottom of the attached doc.
  • osmeldu@gmail.com
10 Mar 2022 00:19
Replied by osmeldu@gmail.com on topic Would this Tx be compatible with my jumper t8sg v2

Hello. thanks for answering.

I would be ok re-flashing the XSR receiver, can I do it with my jumper T8SG V2 plus with the pins behind? Or do I need a more advance transmitter like the Radiomaster TX16S?

thanks
  • hexfet
10 Mar 2022 00:01
Replied by hexfet on topic Would this Tx be compatible with my jumper t8sg v2

The R-XSR can work but the firmware version on it matters. The page doesn't have that information but there's one comment from someone who needed to re-flash the R-XSR.

Deviation supports the ACCST firmware, both versions 1 and 2. It does not support the ACCESS firmware. If you're comfortable re-flashing the XSR you can make it work.
  • osmeldu@gmail.com
09 Mar 2022 20:50
Would this Tx be compatible with my jumper t8sg v2 was created by osmeldu@gmail.com

Hello.

I've been googling like crazy but I can't find a solid answer.

I want to use my Jumper T8SG V2 with this drone which has a FrSky R-XSR Tx:

GEPRC CineLog 25

It seems like it should work, but I want to be sure before buying it.

Thanks
  • hexfet
09 Mar 2022 04:32

expressLRS

New test build is available - d3964e5 . This has some UI improvements for the Fixed ID, which is now limited to a max of 63 in the editor. Also an update to handle new info that's being added to the ELRS info message. Please post if you have any feedback.
  • hexfet
08 Mar 2022 20:24
Replied by hexfet on topic Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3

Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3

Good to hear you got it going. Have fun flying!
  • koehlerr11
08 Mar 2022 18:55
Replied by koehlerr11 on topic Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3

Binding Tinyhawk 2 Freestyle to Jumper T8SG V3

I got it to arm! Finally. After getting everything set up in betaflight it still wouldn't arm. But then I set up the switches on the modes tab and BAM! Thx for the back and forth. I was ready to throw the thing in the river. But now I'm going flying.
  • marcus0304
08 Mar 2022 16:56
Replied by marcus0304 on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

I am glad to buy this jumper ELRS module. Because this module has oled screen and 5d button, i can use these for setting parameters that not available on 7E.

Thanks for your reply.
  • hexfet
08 Mar 2022 14:51

expressLRS

You have not done anything wrong. The Devo 7E does not have enough program memory in its processor to hold the CRSF telemetry or parameter code. These features are not available on the 7E.

Fun to hear someone is using CRSF through the trainer port.
  • marcus0304
08 Mar 2022 12:49
Replied by marcus0304 on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

Hi

I use BetaFPV ELRS Micro TX Module 1W Edition at Jumper t8sg v3 it works great.

But there are nothing in CRSF but "bit rate" when I use Jumper 2.4G ELRS TX Module AION NANO at DEVO 7E.
I use transmitter’s trainer port (tip connector) to connect this module and it can bind a receiver and work normally.

Is it normal for Devo 7E using a CRSF protocol (also ELRS) or something i have done wrong.

firmware : dba34f0
Thanks.
  • hexfet
06 Mar 2022 13:19

expressLRS

Glad to hear you got it going. Thanks for posting.
  • InGage
06 Mar 2022 05:28
Replied by InGage on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

For some reason I had it in my head that I somehow had to enable the external module like in edge tx... It works great with ppm in set to none. I turned off openTX sync trying to get it to work, it worked with it off but I reflashed it with it enabled.

Thanks for everything!
  • hexfet
06 Mar 2022 03:58

expressLRS

Opentx sync should be enabled. Don't know what happens if it's not.
ELRS master branch has a fix that eliminates some serial port errors, but 2.2 seems to still work.
PPM In should be None. The bidirectional serial port protocols like CRSF can't be used with PPM since they use the same serial port.
  • InGage
06 Mar 2022 01:44
Replied by InGage on topic expressLRS

expressLRS

I did the pin mod, trimmed the top pin and soldered it to the bottom pin, and I'm on your latest nightly but I'm not getting anything in my crsf menu. I flashed with uart_inverted disabled and opentx_sync disabled. My module is a hm es24tx (not the pro). What PPM in setting am I supposed to use in my model menu? Right now all of them give me no options in the crsf menu.
Displaying 461 - 480 out of 76173 results.
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds