Devo 12s 3in1 / 4in1 RF module neat installation.

More
21 Jun 2016 08:18 #50894 by dado099
Replied by dado099 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi bigicedog,
independently from the 3in1 or not, from your picture it seems you have shortened two pins on the MCU just were you soldered the wire. :huh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2016 09:30 #50895 by MNMN
Replied by MNMN on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hi all,

I am trying to ignore my eager for the devo 7E for about a year, but it seems that the issue wont leave me until I get it done. I think that even only for the sake my disturb serenity, I am going to do it, sooner or later.

I am reading a lot in forums about the mods, and it only makes me more confused and anxious about starting the modding process. My questions to you is:

1. Could you please provide me a link to the right guide for the 3in1 module mod?
2. Could you please provide me a link to the right guide for the 2x3 switches mod?

Thank you all

More
21 Jun 2016 16:19 #50911 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
If we're going to be getting a custom made module with an SPI interface, any chance we could talk about putting an audio player on it? I've been looking at WT588 based audio players, since they use an SPI interface instead of a serial line, so wouldn't need to use the PPM serial line for control.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
21 Jun 2016 17:01 #50913 by aleonp13
Replied by aleonp13 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Still trying to bind my 3 in 1 moded devo 7e with my xk x100. Have tried almost everything but doesnt work...

More
21 Jun 2016 19:48 #50920 by canthelptinkering
Replied by canthelptinkering on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

aleonp13 wrote: Still trying to bind my 3 in 1 moded devo 7e with my xk x100. Have tried almost everything but doesnt work...

Make sure you press the bind button on the receiver board. Also check the protocol does not have an * next to it in the menu, if it does your hardware file is not correct. These are pretty easy things which I wasted a lot of time figuring out before I could bind to my XK K110.

More
21 Jun 2016 21:23 #50922 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
@mwm - we discussed it, probably even in this thread. There are couple of problems specifically with this module. First, it requires an extra pin for RESET. We have one pin available in my current design, so if we don't envision another use for it we can dedicate it to WT588.

Another problems is very relaxed timing - it requires 2ms to settle after CS goes low before starting transmitting one byte command at blazing speed of 15KHz. Total 2.5ms uninterruptible transfer. It is too long to mix well with the radio protocols, some of them have packet period around 4ms.

So would this module be a real fast SPI it could be done, now with SPI bus already shared between radio modules and SPI flash (for Radiolink AT9 or for flash deprived Devo F series) it looks problematic.

But we're thinking about it, I keep in mind that there is a need of I/O expansion. Today was the first time I looked at WT588 and learned about its timing, so I need to think a bit.

More
22 Jun 2016 00:13 #50924 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
Hello all,was wondering and hoping someone can link me to tabao 4in1 module,the same one happy harry used form his ultimate 7e.Would like to put it in my old 7e that's already nodded with 3x2 switches.If possible in English.All feedback is greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

More
22 Jun 2016 00:28 #50925 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I tried searching this topic via google, and didn't turn up anything with audio or sound. Maybe another magic word. I haven't really looked at what's gone into that board, as both my Devo's already have all three RF modules as well as at least one spare digital IO pin on available on the motherboard.

Could you move the audio discussion to the voice alerts thread at www.deviationtx.com/forum/builds/5089-voice-alerts-test-build ? The timing question is of particular interest, because using SPI interface (which AFAICT means the WT588) would let us avoid having to share the PPM usart line. Details are in that thread. The two critical things to note about timing is that it doesn't actually send much data: a couple of bytes to tell the thing to start playing and a track number. This would replace searching through the sound.ini file on the SPI flash drive for the sound entry. But there's more to it than that.

Thanks.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
22 Jun 2016 08:49 #50936 by StevePropHead
Replied by StevePropHead on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module

aleonp13 wrote: Still trying to bind my 3 in 1 moded devo 7e with my xk x100. Have tried almost everything but doesnt work...

I agree with canthelptinkering...be sure of the basics first. I just installed the 3-in-1 into my Devo10 yesterday. I had some successes, some challenges still to figure out. But I did bind with my K100 like butter. No problem at all once I got the basics right (which I did not at first).
1. Might sound silly, but not knowing where you're at in your process...verify your antenna is connected to the 3-in-1
2. Make sure you have either the latest nightly build firmware, or at least a fairly recent one
3. Make sure you have uncommented the two relevant lines in the hardware.ini file (removed the semicolon from before the two NRF lines)
4. Like canthelptinkering said, ensure there's no asterisk before the protocol name, if there is, that means it's not seeing the RF module
5. Also like canthelptinkering said, the K100 has a bind button you must use the first time you bind (subsequent uses you won't need to re-do that procedure). Find the tiny black bind button on the left side ("left" from cockpit perspective) of the K100 receiver board. With the K100 powered on, the K100 model loaded in the Tx, and the "Bind" or "Re-init" button highlighted (I can't remember which it said), at about the same time (I don't think order is critical) press the Bind/Re-init button on the Tx screen AND press the physical bind button on the K100.

By the way, I suppose everyone knows this already, but TomTop has the K100 for $45 out the door (from China). First flight yesterday, and I was very impressed! Super responsive, yet VERY controllable in 6G mode. And a tip...charger + 5 batteries that fit right into the K100 and about the same mAh for $7.83 shipped within the States: ebay.to/28N2Z8K

More
22 Jun 2016 16:17 - 22 Jun 2016 18:48 #50947 by MNMN
Replied by MNMN on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
OK, got it, I understand how to install the 3in1 module.

There are few guides for the 2x3 switches installation. I understand that different components can be used. Can someone recommend a good guide for this mod?
Last edit: 22 Jun 2016 18:48 by MNMN.

More
23 Jun 2016 14:20 #50992 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
@MNMN, our wiki section has most of the information you need. If it is for the 3in1, then this thread is the best so far.

More
23 Jun 2016 20:28 - 23 Jun 2016 20:31 #51006 by compman2
Replied by compman2 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I have an ultimate 7e that Cereal_Killer so graciously did the mcu upgrade on. I have installed two additional 3 position switches and turned my attention to additional rf modules. It is here that I hit a snag. I had soldered connections to the mcu for the 2x pots mod and an additional connection for the 3 in 1 module.

I first started by trying to install a7105 and nrf modules together. Upon startup it wouldn't recognize either module. I tried changing the pin assignments and tried different combinations, still no luck. Always the module not found. I then tried to install just the nrf by itself and tried both a13 and a14 individually no luck. I then tried the a7105 same thing no luck. Double and tripple checked the wiring to make sure that I hadn't screwed up the wiring.

I then tried the 3 in 1 module with the same result. I thought maybe it was my soldering to the mcu pins was the issue. Though I couldn't see any problems with bridging pins, I removed them just in case. Still the same result. I then went back to the individual modules and tried again. Still the same result.

I also have been testing the stock module to make sure there that it is working correctly. It is working just fine. I don't know where to go next. I have ordered another 7e to try the installation.

Could it be that there is something about the mcu replacement that has created this? In particular could there be a pin bridge that would manifest like this. It seems that tmk and tcs had to be working correctly for the flashing of the new mcu. I have tested continuity from the pads to the mcu pins to make sure that nothing is broke there. I have thought of trying to hook up the st-link and see if the mcu responds, don't know if that would tell anything. I have used the groud from the stock rf module and from the pad on the board.

Is it possible to blow the particular pins on the mcu and still have the rest of the functions behave normally?

Looking for suggestions, I hate to be beat and I really want to get this to work. Main reason for deve 7e was for multi-protocol abilities and using a better transmitter with my cheap quads.

computer nerd, hobby collector, proud father
Last edit: 23 Jun 2016 20:31 by compman2.

More
23 Jun 2016 20:48 #51008 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I doubt that the mcu mod affected anything or that the pins are bridged. If you are sure your wiring is correct maybe it might be your power supply. I remember reading somewhere that some people needed an extra regulator to get their modules detected consistently because the stock regulator couldn't provide enough power for the extra modules.

More
24 Jun 2016 00:11 #51014 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
as silpstream said this is most likely a power supply issue, even banggood's sales page mentions the 'missing modules' error and suggests as a fix to turn the tx off and on again :/

what you can do to test this is to solder the 3in1 back in but don't hook the positive and negative wires to the tx, then supply 3.3v to the 3in1 from another source (a 1s lipo with a 1n4001 diode in series will provide ~3.5v and should be ok for the 3in1) that will at least let you confirm what the issue is

More
24 Jun 2016 00:48 - 24 Jun 2016 19:57 #51017 by compman2
Replied by compman2 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I will give that a try this weekend. I wondered a bit about this remembering a post I had read. How do I put the diode in series? Do I simply put it on the positive lead when supplying voltage?

On second thought I will get an arduino I have laying around that has a vreg for 3.3 volts and use that for the power supply for the module.

computer nerd, hobby collector, proud father
Last edit: 24 Jun 2016 19:57 by compman2.

More
27 Jun 2016 12:33 #51115 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
I am about to purchase a 3in1 from banggood. Is there any last minute changes, thoughts, or anyhting else that i should consider? Is the Banggood new batch of 3in1 ok, with the LNA problems fixed?

More
28 Jun 2016 18:21 #51152 by D_an_W
Replied by D_an_W on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
The 4-in-1 for my Devo 10 arrived on Monday, I will be installing it once the Kynar wire I ordered arrives :P

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***

More
29 Jun 2016 12:05 - 29 Jun 2016 12:08 #51166 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
nice one bud, the devo version 4in1 makes the swap so easy in the 6/8/10 and is also the best option for the 7e imo 8) I just wonder when they will be widely available
Last edit: 29 Jun 2016 12:08 by HappyHarry.

More
29 Jun 2016 17:44 #51179 by D_an_W
Replied by D_an_W on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
All installed, I have used DSMX and Hubsan protocols so far and when scrolling through protocols none of them have the * at the side of them so can I assume everything went ok?

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***
Attachments:

More
29 Jun 2016 20:01 #51188 by justyn07
Replied by justyn07 on topic 3in1 / 4in1 RF module
where i can get the 4 in 1. ty.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds