Test of the new menu system

More
21 May 2016 19:59 - 23 May 2016 18:48 #48973 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Test of the new menu system
BTW I can no longer reset a timer with the long touch on it's box!

FIXED in e4e4501...

EDIT: That's it for today...
Last edit: 23 May 2016 18:48 by FDR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2016 14:43 #49018 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Test of the new menu system
Sorry, I had fixed the XY graph yesterday, but forgot to push the changes. Fixed now
I have fixed the scrolling so you can access the reorder buttons in both directions
I cannot reproduce getting the arrows stuck in the emulator. Do you know if this can actually happen on the Tx?
The scroll-arrows scroll fast for me..I can't reproduce this issue either
I added long-press on EXIT
As I said, you cannot access to scrollbars on the reorder page, it is read-only
I disabled selection on the main-page, why do you need this?
What do you mean by 'long press doesn't work on the field arrows as it once did'? What is a field-arrow?

Still to do:
* change selection on touch
* fix the reorder list to only shown used channles (this is a bug in the main-release too)
* figure out what to do about the load/icon pages. This will be hard because there is no distinction between 'ENT' and a screen-touch
* reset timer via touch

More
22 May 2016 18:39 #49030 by FDR
I'm on deviation-emu_devo8-v5.0.0-6e1597a now...

More
22 May 2016 19:13 - 23 May 2016 18:54 #49031 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: I cannot reproduce getting the arrows stuck in the emulator. Do you know if this can actually happen on the Tx?

I haven't looked on the TX, but I will eventually.
It might be a Windows emulator only issue, but I can't check on Linux.

FIXED in e4e4501. It was a Windows emulator issue...

PhracturedBlue wrote: The scroll-arrows scroll fast for me..I can't reproduce this issue either

It doesn't work for me in this version, but it does in the older ones.
Go into the transmitter config page, and keep touching on the scrollbar down arrow. The older versions start to scroll down after a second, while the new one doesn't.
Actually it is probably the same error, like with the up/down fields...

PhracturedBlue wrote: I added long-press on EXIT

It still doesn't work for me. Did you comit this time? ;)
For example I go into the channel monitor through the main menu, and then press a long EXIT, it will only take me back to the Transmitter menu, then to the Main menu and so on...

PhracturedBlue wrote: As I said, you cannot access to scrollbars on the reorder page, it is read-only

Well, that's sad, because if you have more then 8 channels, and want t reorder those, you don't see what you are doing...

PhracturedBlue wrote: I disabled selection on the main-page, why do you need this?

I don't really miss it, but that was a relatively easy way to access the model selection with the buttons.

What I really miss is that I can't reset the timers anymore with a long click on their box, however a short click on a telemetry value still takes me to the telemetry monitor page.
FIXED in e4e4501...
While I was trying to reprocuce it, I realized, that on the main page config the long presses don't work to open the page config either, so there must be some generic fault with the long presses...

PhracturedBlue wrote: What do you mean by 'long press doesn't work on the field arrows as it once did'? What is a field-arrow?

Those up/down fields, which have a left and a right arrow to change the value. Actually how do you call them?
In the old versions when you clicked them long, after a second it started changing the value in big steps while you still holded it pressed. Now it doesn't work, and I think it is crucial.

Last edit: 23 May 2016 18:54 by FDR.

More
22 May 2016 19:22 - 23 May 2016 18:58 #49032 by FDR
The new scrollable listboxes (icon and model select) loose selection if scrolled.

FIXED in e4e4501, however the selection still have a problem, see later...
Last edit: 23 May 2016 18:58 by FDR.

More
22 May 2016 19:27 - 23 May 2016 19:01 #49033 by FDR
The icon selection doesn't work at all.
The icon is not changed, and next time when I go back, still the original icon is selected.

Mostly FIXED in e4e4501...
Last edit: 23 May 2016 19:01 by FDR.

More
22 May 2016 19:33 #49034 by PhracturedBlue
I can't reproduce any of the things you are mentioning on the emulator regarding long-press. The boxes with left/right arrows are called TextSelect (or spinboxes) and they work properly for me. It sounds more like there is an issue with long-press in your emulator build. I can't explain it since they work ok for me in windwos and Linux

I also fixed the selection so when you touch an object it is selected (except on the main page)

use d1e43e792c

More
22 May 2016 19:38 - 22 May 2016 19:38 #49035 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: As I said, you cannot access to scrollbars on the reorder page, it is read-only

Well, that's sad, because if you have more then 8 channels, and want t reorder those, you don't see what you are doing...

Sure you can. they will scroll with the text select (whatever is in the 'Copy from' text select will be visible in the list. In the past it was the 'copy to' and I could change it. I'm not sure the best option. I could probably modify it so that the choice is centered in the list (rather than just being shown, which would give you visibility on either side of the element. or I may figure out how to enable the arrows without the allowing selection of the items within it. I'm not sure how to do that though.
Last edit: 22 May 2016 19:38 by PhracturedBlue.

More
22 May 2016 19:40 #49036 by FDR
There is that feature, that you can configure pages on the main page config, through which you can step through with the left/right button.
Now if you press left or right on the main page, you will stuck on that one page, can't go back or further onto the others, but need to leave that page with the EXT press or EXIT touch.

More
22 May 2016 19:49 - 23 May 2016 19:08 #49037 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: I can't reproduce any of the things you are mentioning on the emulator regarding long-press. The boxes with left/right arrows are called TextSelect (or spinboxes) and they work properly for me. It sounds more like there is an issue with long-press in your emulator build. I can't explain it since they work ok for me in windwos and Linux

I also fixed the selection so when you touch an object it is selected (except on the main page)

use d1e43e792c

Stange.
While there was a lot of warnings (especially in fltk), the compilation is successful.

I'm on deviation-emu_devo8-v5.0.0-d1e43e7 now...
Last edit: 23 May 2016 19:08 by FDR.

More
22 May 2016 19:50 #49039 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote:

FDR wrote:

Sure you can. they will scroll with the text select (whatever is in the 'Copy from' text select will be visible in the list. In the past it was the 'copy to' and I could change it. I'm not sure the best option. I could probably modify it so that the choice is centered in the list (rather than just being shown, which would give you visibility on either side of the element. or I may figure out how to enable the arrows without the allowing selection of the items within it. I'm not sure how to do that though.

OK thanks, I'll test it further according to that...

More
22 May 2016 19:52 - 23 May 2016 19:02 #49040 by FDR
You've overdone changing selection based on touches! ;)
Now everything will be selected what I touch...

FIXED in e4e4501...
Last edit: 23 May 2016 19:02 by FDR.

More
22 May 2016 19:56 - 23 May 2016 19:03 #49041 by FDR

PhracturedBlue wrote: I can't reproduce any of the things you are mentioning on the emulator regarding long-press. The boxes with left/right arrows are called TextSelect (or spinboxes) and they work properly for me. It sounds more like there is an issue with long-press in your emulator build. I can't explain it since they work ok for me in windwos and Linux

use d1e43e792c

Still no long presses on scrollbars or spinboxes even with the new d1e43e792c build.
Could you upload a test buld of your Windows emu_devo8, or email it to me zipped?

Last edit: 23 May 2016 19:03 by FDR.

More
22 May 2016 20:20 #49042 by PhracturedBlue
I fixed the select all thing.

The issue appears to be with the windows emulator running on windows. Oddly the windows emulator running in Wine on Linux works as expected. It isn't related to Docker, since it happens even when I build outside docker. I assume his used to work? I must have changed something relating to the emulator code at some point. I can also reproduce the arrow-selection issue you flagged (again only on windows). It goes away as soon as you move your mouse though.

More
22 May 2016 20:23 #49043 by FDR
Thanks confirming that.
The old emulators, which you can download from this site, like the 4.0.1 do work.

More
22 May 2016 20:31 #49044 by PhracturedBlue
I tested master and I see the exact same behavior. I don't now when this started. I'll look into it, but it is unrelated to the new menu system, so probably not right away.

More
22 May 2016 20:57 - 22 May 2016 21:25 #49045 by PhracturedBlue
in main.c comment out the call to
PWR_Sleep();
That will get it working properly for the time being. I'm not going to check that change in, since it is wrong, but until I find the fix, it will let you test.

Edit: never mind. The code has been fixed now
Last edit: 22 May 2016 21:25 by PhracturedBlue.

More
23 May 2016 02:35 #49057 by PhracturedBlue
I've added the 'Ok' button back for the Load/Save buttons. Played some tricks so that 'Ent' still works too.

More
23 May 2016 04:43 #49058 by FDR
I'm on deviation-emu_devo8-v5.0.0-07349c2 now, and it works. I'll recheck and close what already works...

More
23 May 2016 16:43 #49075 by PhracturedBlue
latest code fixes the selection while scrolling with the buttons too.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds