Voice alerts test build

More
20 Jan 2017 15:23 - 22 Jan 2017 22:33 #58242 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
My bad...the U7E build above uses UART5 of the MCU for sending the commands to DFplayer. If you are using the PPM output please use the build below!

edit: I noticed the alarms get triggered every 2 seconds, I updated all builds to trigger alarms every 15 seconds so we have enough time to clear our mp3 queue

edit 2: all builds can now be found in this post
Last edit: 22 Jan 2017 22:33 by Moeder. Reason: removed attachment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jan 2017 11:10 - 21 Jan 2017 19:42 #58276 by Moeder
I hooked up my logic analyzer to check the ppm plug output on my stock mcu devo7e (yes, it fits!). I fixed a small bug that made the firmware skip the first alarm file and updated all firmwares files. From my testing, it should all work fine - waiting for feedback from dfplayer users!
Last edit: 21 Jan 2017 19:42 by Moeder.

More
22 Jan 2017 21:25 #58303 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Voice alerts test build
Hi Moeder indeed it works, at least the Tx Voltage is spoken out correctly !! Good job!
vimeo.com/200585332?utm_source=email&utm...4&utm_campaign=28749

So getting there, now it is to make it more user friendly..... to be able to edit and change from tx,
At power on of TX it not complete works, but halfly generate alarm.

As you can see I still have a small test external module with a laptop speaker, running with external battery!

More
22 Jan 2017 22:24 - 31 Jan 2017 14:59 #58304 by Moeder
I like your setup ;) Thanks for the reassuring video! I already noticed on the logic analyzer there are two commands send to the player at startup within very short time, it's on my bugfixes-todo-list. Other than that, it should be pretty usable, I hope someone with a telemetry enabled receiver will get around to testing it further. After that I will see if I can spare some time to make the whole alarm selection more comfortable.

Meanwhile I took some effort to update the genspeech utility provided by phantom-8. It will now automatically get the audio file lengths and add them to the map files. I attached a new set of MP3s from the nicer sounding OS X "say" as well as an updated map file.

All code changes have been pushed to my repository and the current master branch has been merged, so all current protocols and features are available. I also moved UART5 enabling for the U7E into hardware.ini so we do not need different builds for U7E users.

BTW, all development builds are now moved into this single post to make them easier accessible. The zip for devo7e is too large to be attached, it is available on request.

edit: we now also have numerical of the seconds remaining on timer prealerts

edit2: builds removed due to major changes because of new music config menu. new builds can be found further down this thread.
Last edit: 31 Jan 2017 14:59 by Moeder. Reason: Removed builds

More
23 Jan 2017 22:17 - 31 Jan 2017 14:58 #58331 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Sample MP3 set and map file
This post will keep a sample set of MP3 files and a map file (separate post due to attachment/link limit of forum)

Added support for timer prealert.

File Attachment:

File Name: samplemp3s...1-23.zip
File Size:186 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Jan 2017 14:58 by Moeder. Reason: removed outdated map file

More
24 Jan 2017 07:05 #58339 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Sample MP3 set and map file
good to see someone working on this again, I'm just about at the end of my uni exams for this semester so once they are out of the way I'll get some testing done 8)

More
24 Jan 2017 19:39 - 24 Jan 2017 19:41 #58350 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Sample MP3 set and map file
Hmm I tested the lastest build, and it doe not work for me.

I tried to enable and disable the uart5=1 line in hardware.ini, but does not play any sound. No tx battery volt.
neither do work the Voice alert on switch change, but also your previous build didn't do that as far as I can remember.

FYI The mp3 files on dfplayer, may contain any txt in the file name, as long as the filename start with 4 digit nr it works.
Last edit: 24 Jan 2017 19:41 by Fernandez.

More
24 Jan 2017 22:22 - 24 Jan 2017 22:34 #58357 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Sample MP3 set and map file
Bug found and fixed. Forgot to set baud rate depending on entry in ini file. Build above is updated, try again.

I will update genspeech to add more info to the mp3 filenames.

edit: switch alerts work fine in the emulator...
Last edit: 24 Jan 2017 22:34 by Moeder.

More
24 Jan 2017 23:12 #58359 by Fernandez
Ai, tested but still no luck, no sound anymore from devo u7e 256, dfplayer over external ppm.

Using your latest posted model1.map

More
25 Jan 2017 20:50 - 25 Jan 2017 21:08 #58388 by Moeder
Hmm...I'm not sure where exactly the problem is, but ...obviously you have to disable UART to mess with it's baudrate :whistle:
I changed the code once more and updated the build above. Please try again and make sure you have the extended-audio-uart5 in hardware.ini commented out.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2017 21:08 by Moeder. Reason: hopefully found bug

More
25 Jan 2017 23:22 #58396 by Fernandez
Hmmm it is back, however when using your model 1 file on my model were no telemetry is in so all 0 it works.
I can get transmitter voltage now very nicely smoothly spoken with a good timing. It comes indeed every 15sec or so, and stops depending on threshold set.
The welcome to deviation message sounds not at boot of Transmitter, but when throttle stick is put at zero, if tx start with throttle up, no welcome. It plays goodbuy at shut down.
If I start a timer voice message plays. Switches I did not test as there are non in model 1 configured.

But I relabeled same file to model13.map, to test it with my FRSKY x receiver, were I have multiple switches and 3 telemetry alarms 1-rx volt (5v), lipo pack volt (3-4s), RSSI. When doing this I cannot get any sound, not even "welcome to deviation"

It is bedtime now and 1 wire broke of my dfplayer, this needs more testing but all very promising!!
I am definitively going to wire up my speaker more nicely, for further testing!

More
26 Jan 2017 08:13 #58404 by Moeder
That doesn't sound too bad (pun intended). Battery voltage alarm repeat is set in transmitter config, standard value is 30 seconds. You can test the switch sounds even if you do not have any switches configured, as long as it is defined correctly in the map file.

Concerning your issue with model13, I could not reproduce it in the emulator, so would you mind sending me your model file and the map file for testing purposes?

BTW, I'm in the process of moving the model dependent alerts to the model.ini and global alerts to sound.ini while using the map file just as the index for time length and MP3 descriptions. This is is the basis for the configuration of sounds via menu later on.

More
26 Jan 2017 09:33 #58406 by Fernandez
Ok will send you the ini tonight, indeed I am happy to support in further testing. At least read out of multiple MP3 is very nice, works as is now!
Niice to get rid of the MAP file and have it in model.ini

Plenty of stuff on the wish list for telemetry and alerts;
-Select vibrate, beeb, or voice, or both?
-Select scroll from list, the sound to play and test the sound.
-Change or set the volume for the DF player?
-Set repetition interval for alerts.
-Set timer threshold for alerts, only alert if condition is true for period of time (0 is direct alert, step of 0.1sec)
-Play Values on button press, so switch to request voice readout manually, it play some (telemetry) values as setup on the switch.
-Easy way to display the min / max values of telemetry or kind of flight summary screen, so after flight easily can see what was min/max RSSI/Battery etc. (Data may be discard at power on/off)

More
26 Jan 2017 11:03 #58407 by Moeder

Fernandez wrote: Niice to get rid of the MAP file and have it in model.ini

We wil have to keep a "music.map" or something like it (maybe better alert.map? mp3.map?) to keep file descriptions and lengths.

Fernandez wrote: Select vibrate, beeb, or voice, or both?

For now has been already implemented by phantom-8 in sound.ini, it will have to be moved to model.ini for model-specific alerts. unfortunately for value readouts we cannot use "both", as the beep-timer is used for mp3-timing.

Fernandez wrote: Select scroll from list, the sound to play and test the sound.

Already planned...

Fernandez wrote: Change or set the volume for the DF player?

I guess setting it globally for all alarms will be enough, right?

Fernandez wrote: Set repetition interval for alerts.

Will be easy.

Fernandez wrote: Set timer threshold for alerts, only alert if condition is true for period of time (0 is direct alert, step of 0.1sec)
-Play Values on button press, so switch to request voice readout manually, it play some (telemetry) values as setup on the switch.

Not on my high priority list, but doable nonetheless.

Fernandez wrote: -Easy way to display the min / max values of telemetry or kind of flight summary screen, so after flight easily can see what was min/max RSSI/Battery etc. (Data may be discard at power on/off)

This is probably more a matter of improving the datalog feature...

More
27 Jan 2017 07:41 #58425 by Fernandez
As mentioned, I just used your map file fro model one and tx voltage works, I get welcome to deviation etc.

Now labeled same file to model13.map and no more sound, not even welcome to deviation.
Wanted to test with some telemetry alerts.

Looks like the file possibly not being read?
Attachments:

More
27 Jan 2017 08:24 #58426 by Moeder
I fixed the bug while I was moving around some stuff in the code for model dependent alerts, maybe that's why your build won't read the other .map file. Please try the build attached using the following changes:

1. Move your model1.map to the devo filesystems base directory (same as tx.ini and hardware.ini) and name it music.map
2. Remove model specific switch entries from music.map
3. Add model specific information in the desired model.ini using the following pattern:
[music]
FMODE0=2000
FMODE2=2008
MIX0=2005
MIX1=2004
MIX2=2002
Attachments:

More
27 Jan 2017 21:48 #58451 by Fernandez
Some findings; Just very unlucky to test that particular file, but model 12 and 13 if I select those sound is not working, even no "goodbye at shut down".

So when from working model file, switch to model 12/13, all audio stops at select.
When changing back to working model file, audio come back, but only online after reboot tx only.

At start of TX, it plays still two sounds , "first 1sec battery alert" than it halfway play "welcome to deviation"

When there is for instance "Transmitrer battery 5.1Volt" if pressing start timer, does not override andplay start timer, it completes message but after competetiion there is quite some time and them plays "timer 1 activated"
Attached the model files on my tx
Attachments:

More
28 Jan 2017 16:30 #58475 by Fernandez
Just to inform I was flying my drone with this test latest voice test build using Frsky X protocol, but do have lockouts failsave on close range result in crash...., not matter what power setting. (not sure why this happens, maybe it is in all latest Frsky? Maybe my Tx ? Anyway need to check, just wanted to put warning here for the other testers, to do range check prior to flight)

More
28 Jan 2017 20:14 #58491 by Moeder
I noticed your model files have lot's of NUL characters at the end..maybe that's a reason for trouble?

More
28 Jan 2017 21:00 #58496 by Fernandez
Your build is it using the lastest, nightly? I think I just do not trust the latest Frsky-X build very much maybe something changed... in the past was ok.

I saw that nul commands at the end too, actually I have no idea were this come from, never typed it........Can I remove it? All my models are just edited by Tx menu.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds