Voice alerts test build

More
01 Nov 2016 22:36 - 01 Nov 2016 22:38 #55591 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Voice alerts test build
Ok all pretty simple, I can confirm it works!

a)Build dfplayer as per schematic in this topic, connect to ppm port.
b) load voice test build (in my case happyharry u7e)
c)Add into hardware.ini following line: extended-audio = dfplayer
d)Copy mp3 files onto dfplayer. In my case used a 2gb sd. Files may be in root or in a folder doesn't matter. The file must start with a number, but may contain addional characters.
0001Welcometodeviation.mp3
0002Goodbye.mp3
etc etc
e) Write model#.map file for each model, were is defined for each model when to play mp3, save the .map file in the models folder.
model1.map
FMODE0:0000
FMODE1:0001
HOLD0:0002
HOLD1:0003
SW B0:0004
SW B1:0005
SW B2:0006
SW A0:0007
SW A1:0008
SW A2:0009

So some questions;
Were can we find full list of all variables we can assign in the map file? Such a Vbat for Tx battery etc?
telem_alarm1 to telem_alarm6 I still have to test.

Can we write annotation into the map file, so we can write the info of each mp3 nr ?

How can we choose to use buzzer or voice at event as telemetry?

***Some wish for future is that we can select the sound to play from deviation Tx menu. I think personally we should have in the media folder all sounds declared which are stored on the dfplayer. Then in the models file we could define which mp3 to play at which switch or event instead of separate map file.***

One more idea on playing readout of numbers, is to store all the numbers in step of 0.1-200, would make 2000mp'3s, but storage should be no problem as is all short mp3 files.
Last edit: 01 Nov 2016 22:38 by Fernandez.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2016 22:41 #55653 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Voice alerts test build
glad to hear you got it working bud, as for your questions i'll have to leave those for others who have worked with this as i'm not sure what all we can assign alerts to apart from switches as i've yet to do any testing of this myself, though i have now finally got around to assembling and wiring the df-player and speaker etc, i've still to actually mount them in the u7e and solder the wire to the mcu

More
05 Nov 2016 11:01 #55710 by Fernandez
Anyone tried a Cellphone speaker part such as;

www.ebay.com/itm/Loudspeaker-Speaker-Buz...%26sd%3D291630679302

What do you think?

More
07 Nov 2016 00:03 #55760 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Voice alerts test build
I tried a couple of small cellphone speakers. In short, yes the ones I checked worked. But i was unable to fit them into the case to provide adequate volume.
Small speakers

The technology is amazing, they seem to work best when they are fit into some sort of sound chamber. I couldn't get more than about 85-90db volume, but I didn't spend a lot of time with amplifiers.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
07 Nov 2016 00:54 #55761 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Voice alerts test build
these are the two types of speaker I purchased to try for this mod, I have a pair of both styles but I've not tried them out yet so I'm unsure of how well/poor they work

www.gearbest.com/development-boards/pp_151548.html

www.gearbest.com/development-boards/pp_145319.html

once I get some time to set things up I'll post the results

More
16 Nov 2016 10:45 #55960 by Fernandez
Is it still possible to use the buzzer or select when to use what, Voice or buzz?
Were can I find the list of all the available alerts/event names which can be declared/assigned in the MAP file?

More
06 Jan 2017 09:41 #57586 by Fernandez
Anyone making any progress here?

Would be good to get some more users to continue this great development!
As mentioned I have the voicemod running and happy to help in testing.

More
06 Jan 2017 14:59 #57592 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
Hey!
I finally received my DFPlayer Mini, but I'm still unsure about the power supply issue. From readings I figured the Devo7E 3.3 V rail is already stressed enough by the two additional modules I put in, but running the DFPlayer directly from the 4AA input is also out of specs...I guess adding another voltage regulator is the only real option here.

More
06 Jan 2017 15:41 - 06 Jan 2017 15:44 #57593 by Fernandez
As quick and easy test system, I just hooked up to the ppm port and powered it with small battery, so it is just external plugin.

When all is final and working as it should I will modify my tx and drill holes etc.
Some stuff missing;

Urgent;
-Selection menu all the available sounds, so if to set an alarm, to be able to scroll true the list of sounds from Tx menu and to select vibrator/buzzer sound/voice sound.

Wish; the ability to play nummeric values.
For instand play multiple mp3 files "Battery" "three" "point" "five" "Volt" another option to do it, could be to put all pre recorded mp3 nr files on the Sd card, with nrs 1-1000 in 0.1steps. just label them as nrs and call off play direct the right nummer mp3 track?

Another wish related to alrams is to have also a timer threshold for any of the alarms, so only sound the alarm if a threshold is reached for more than set period of seconds. (in steps of 0.1sec)
So example only if battery is below <3.5v for >3sec sound the alarm etc. so we can control and avoid unnecary alarm.
Last edit: 06 Jan 2017 15:44 by Fernandez.

More
06 Jan 2017 17:05 #57595 by Moeder
Your urgent wish will probably be the biggest task to complete. Playing numeric values shouldn't be to complicated, I'll try adding support and will post you a DFU to try out, if you are willing to do so.

More
06 Jan 2017 21:24 #57601 by Fernandez
Currently we have a map file, this is just defining what sound to play on switches and what to play on telemetry event.

I think we need in deviation some kind of ini file etc, were we can define all the voice files nr + label, as we have stored on the Dfplayer sd card.
Then when to select, a voice alert, we must be able to choose/browse the name from this ini? and the selection store somewere in a MAP file etc? Possibly the MAP file can be completely removed and just store in the model.ini under sounds or alerts.

No idea what is the best/easiest and universal way to implement.

More
17 Jan 2017 11:10 - 22 Jan 2017 22:34 #58076 by Moeder
I did some coding trying to implement numerical output. Since my dfplayer isn't hooked up yet I can't test it outside of the emulator, bit if your willing give it a try. I attached the DFU for u7e. The model.map now adds a column for the duration of the mp3 file, which you have to add manually for now (we can update the voicefile generator to automatically get the file duration later on).
I added an example map file to help you understand what is needed on you SD card an in the map file. Probably the quickest way to test this build is by just changing the battery alarm threshold above your current voltage, as this should immediately trigger the alarms (0007.mp3 plus the current value including decimal separator and unit).

edit: warning, this build uses UART5 of the U7E, not PPM port!

edit 2: all builds can now be found in this post
Last edit: 22 Jan 2017 22:34 by Moeder. Reason: removed attachments

More
18 Jan 2017 03:12 #58103 by Deal57
I would be happy to test it, too, if you post a DFU for the 6s.

More
18 Jan 2017 10:01 #58115 by mtx63
Replied by mtx63 on topic Voice alerts test build
What is the current hardware. Is there a wiring diagram.
I have a Devo 6s with 4-1 module, a dream.

Dieter

More
18 Jan 2017 16:55 - 22 Jan 2017 22:34 #58132 by Moeder

Deal57 wrote: I would be happy to test it, too, if you post a DFU for the 6s.

Here you go. I also updated the build for u7e in the other post due to minor code changes.

Please note that the buzzer is probably currently not going to work while using extended audio, I will clean up the code and find a solution to run both later on when the telemetry/voltage announcement are working in general.

edit: all builds can now be found in this post
Last edit: 22 Jan 2017 22:34 by Moeder. Reason: removed attachment

More
20 Jan 2017 02:27 #58213 by Deal57
Downloaded... now all I need is some time, so I might not get back to you for a few days. Thanks for setting this up!

More
20 Jan 2017 09:01 #58224 by Fernandez
Hi Moeder, Thanks great! will try to do a test this during the weekend.

Can you once more explain how it works ?

Just play one dedicate sound or message (current implementation)
Play nr of dedicated sounds or messages, new sound starts after timeout previous mp3 ("Warning", "RSSI")
To be numerical, play dedicated sound and variable numeric ("Tx Battery", "Four", "Point", "Three", "Volt" )

Can you be bit more clear what you like to test? See if it can play multiple MP3?
How to set the scnario's and how it find the right mp3? Or you just want to verify with the test if duration of play mp3 work?

More
20 Jan 2017 12:31 #58229 by Moeder

Fernandez wrote: Can you once more explain how it works ?

Can you be bit more clear what you like to test? See if it can play multiple MP3?
How to set the scnario's and how it find the right mp3? Or you just want to verify with the test if duration of play mp3 work?

My implementation of value readout has so far been implemented for telemetry alarm 1-6 and battery voltage alarm. Once these get triggered by the values you define in the Transmitter (Transmitter menu -> Transmitter config -> Batt alarm or Model menu -> Telemetry config). Once triggered, it will first play the Alarm sound file (0013-0018 for TELEMALARM1-6, 0007 for BATT_ALARM) followed by the respective value that triggered the alarm (e.g. 4.3 V will subsequently play 1004, 1010, 1003, 1012 as "Four", "Point", "Three", "Volt").

Each file will get played once the time in ms provided in the MAP file for the previously played mp3 has passed. The values in there surely will need some fine trimming, since I'm not sure how much delay the DFPlayer introduces when receiving the play command. Also, we need some delay between playing each number to make the voice output not too rushed. For the sake of testing, you might just set all times to 2000 or 3000, so we have enough room to play each file. Once it has been proven working, we should only put the true file length in the map file and add the additionally needed delay between files in the code.

More
20 Jan 2017 14:20 - 22 Jan 2017 22:35 #58240 by Moeder
Here is a sample set of mp3 files matching the model1.map I posted above for testing purposes.

edit 1: all files can now be found in this post
Last edit: 22 Jan 2017 22:35 by Moeder. Reason: removed attachment

More
20 Jan 2017 15:02 #58241 by Moeder

mtx63 wrote: What is the current hardware. Is there a wiring diagram.

Take a look here .

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds