Voice alerts test build

More
28 Jan 2017 22:02 #58500 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Voice alerts test build
When deviation writes the model files the size fixed to 4K by filling with nulls. It won't hurt if you delete them but the next time deviation updates the model file they'll reappear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2017 23:52 - 02 Feb 2017 22:59 #58579 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
Thanks hexfet for the information, good to know.

I did some major work on the extended audio implementation, and I now proudly present a first glimpse at the new music config menu!
Under Model config ->8. Music config you can now set custom model alarms for switches and telemetry alarms (scroll down to get to the telemetry alarms). If you wish to set a custom alarm, press ENT, select the switch/telemalarm, then select the MP3 id. You can choose from all available custom alarms defined in music.map starting with ID 2000. If you wish, you can add a fourth column to the music.map entries to give the MP3 file a label which will be displayed in the music config menu. Also, if you press ENT when on the MP3 id selector, it will trigger playing of the selected ID.

Attached is the build for u7e, and a sample music.map matching the previously posted sample mp3 set. The map file has to be placed in the same directory as hardware.ini. Hoping for some positive feedback...
Last edit: 02 Feb 2017 22:59 by Moeder. Reason: files depreciated, see below

More
31 Jan 2017 05:00 #58582 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build
Will this only work for the u7e or is there plans to implement it to other devo transmitters..8s 12s 10 ect...?

More
31 Jan 2017 13:43 #58589 by Moeder
No, it is independent of the type of TX, as long as you have an DFPlayer_Mini or audiofx to hook up to your ppm port (see previous posts in this thread). I just didn't build any other DFUs since Fernandez has been the only one willing to test this so far. I haven't worked on the color interfaces (6/8/12) yet, since the final menu structure isn't settled, but it will be a quick thing to do. Just tell me if you are in need of a special build and willing to take part in testing. I rely on other users feedback, otherwise it will never make it into regular nightlies!

magic_marty wrote: Will this only work for the u7e or is there plans to implement it to other devo transmitters..8s 12s 10 ect...?

More
31 Jan 2017 16:47 #58593 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build
I am interested in testing the voice alert
My tx are devo 8s and devo 12s
I had downloaded the
deviation-devo8-v5.0.0-8360f62_2017-01-23.zip
deviation-devo12-v5.0.0-8360f62_2017-01-23.zip
That i had find on a preceding post (and seem not to be there now)

Are they good to test ?
If no would it be possible to have ?

I have my df player and to make the mounting which is i suppose the one described by Deal57 in post 47110. If no please correct me.
Thanks

More
31 Jan 2017 17:49 #58595 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build
I been following the voice builds since day one and have MWM buld instlled on my 12s but the development seemed to die off due to lack of interest ..I have since unhooked my DFplayer but still have the leads coming out of the batt compartment ..Is this someday going to actually be a part of Deviation? By means of actually having a on screen menu on the tx to select alerts and map switches to sound files ect...?

More
31 Jan 2017 19:00 #58597 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build
I'm interested too.
Not in the testing, since I don't have a DFplayer yet, but in the implementation in general.
Since it needs a HW addon, it would be nice if the whole configuration was optional, enabled by a hardware.ini setting...

More
31 Jan 2017 21:28 #58599 by Moeder
@Moriacus: the builds you have depreciated. I'll try to finish a basic menu for the color touch devos maybe this week and upload them.

@magic_marty: yes!

@FDR: Feel free to take a look at my Github branch . Be aware the code isn't very cleaned up yet, and yes, it is (or will be) enabled by hardware.ini settings.

More
31 Jan 2017 23:01 #58602 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Voice alerts test build
Yup guys really easy, to make this DF player work, it can be done more or less in 5 minute, job, really simple and cheap hardware! It is way more easy than adding an rf module to the Tx.
If power it by an external 1s lipo and connect to the 3.5mm ppm port, no need even to open the TX and you can help testing.

www.banggood.com/2-Inch-4Ohm-4-3W-Full-R...00.html?rmmds=search
www.banggood.com/DFPlayer-Mini-MP3-Playe...91.html?rmmds=search

More
01 Feb 2017 00:54 #58606 by justyn07
Replied by justyn07 on topic Voice alerts test build
I just order a dfplayer and speaker. is there a list of what more i'll need. I have a devo 10 with the 4 in 1 module.

More
01 Feb 2017 08:48 #58607 by Moeder
This should be sufficient if you wire the dfplayer to the 3.3 v rail of the devo 10. I would prefer mounting it internally rather than externally with a separate power supply.

More
02 Feb 2017 03:50 #58643 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Voice alerts test build
I agree that it would be good to mount the sound package internally, and I have had it working that way. What I didn't like was the low volume, and I could not find a way to mount the speaker in my Devo 7e that would project enough sound.

I think the problem with internal mount is figuring an efficient way to improve the volume. It is further complicated by the space and power limitations of the small form-factor Devos. Certainly the 4-in-1/3-in-1 boards help with both issues.

Externally I can use a sound box to amplify a normal speaker without the additional power requirements. I am playing with a 3D printed box now that looks promising, small enough to mount on the handle, with room for the speaker, dfPlayer and battery, possibly a headphone jack. I hope to have pics or drawings in the next couple of weeks as time allows.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
02 Feb 2017 08:29 #58647 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build
Thanks Moeder for the info on the deprecated builds for devo 8s and 12s. If and when it will be possible to have updated ones it would be nice to have them also in emu mode, .

I am interested in the idea of an external box of Deal57. That would be practical when we have more than one TX.
May be it would be good to have in it a power switch, a mini usb socket to load the battery, The earphone jack would be very good in noisy conditions.
Will there be a possibiliy of setting the volume by the soft ? If no a press button could be the solution.

More
02 Feb 2017 08:49 #58648 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Voice alerts test build
I found that to maximize volume;
-Run DF player at 5V (but not more than that.....)
-Put the speakers in small closed box, open speaker sound very soft.
Another option but not tested is to connect a small class D PAM, Amplifier. But with above points sound is not that bad!

More
02 Feb 2017 08:59 #58649 by Moeder
Software setting of volume is next on my too list together with the color menu. Once those are finisher I will post builds and also emulators for testing purposes. There's yet some minor bug fixing to do.
Concerning wiring, I personally was thinking of misusing the ppm port as a headphone jack adding maybe a switch to preserve its original purpose(s). I rarely need ppm output.

More
02 Feb 2017 12:29 #58653 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Voice alerts test build
Here is the potential wiring to make the DSC (trainer port, PPM) work for two-way comm. I didn't actually have a way to test, since it requires different port handling in Deviation.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
02 Feb 2017 16:00 #58662 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Voice alerts test build

Moeder wrote: Concerning wiring, I personally was thinking of misusing the ppm port as a headphone jack adding maybe a switch to preserve its original purpose(s). I rarely need ppm output.

I only use the PPM out for training purposes, but I can switch to remote training with a PPM capable receiver, but it will still need PPM in.
The head tracker also still needs the PPM in functionality...

More
02 Feb 2017 23:07 - 08 Feb 2017 00:38 #58673 by Moeder
Encouraged by the interest I put some effort in the color menu, so now you can find attached builds for 8/10/12/7e-256.

Also attached is once again a sample music.map file. Previous testers please note that I removed the obsolete first column in the file, as we now have model specific alerts configurable through the menu (although not yet implemented for AUX knobs and buttons...).

I will also uploaded two emulators (windows) to play around with.

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that the code isn't foolproof yet, so you might experience crashes (for example trying to use Music config menu when there is no music.map file in your root directory)!

Download Windows emulators for devo 8 and 10

Screenshots:

Last edit: 08 Feb 2017 00:38 by Moeder. Reason: Updated builds. Updated emulator link.

More
03 Feb 2017 00:04 #58677 by justyn07
Replied by justyn07 on topic Voice alerts test build
will this work with a devo 10 with a 4 in 1 module or i have to redo the hardware.ini. thank you.

More
03 Feb 2017 06:19 #58685 by mtx63
Replied by mtx63 on topic Voice alerts test build
Hi Moeder,
Good job. I would like to test at the weekend. There is the file also for Devo 6?

Dieter

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds