Voice alerts test build

More
03 Feb 2017 07:30 #58687 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic Voice alerts test build
I added the devo6 build to the post above. Emulators are now also available for download.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2017 07:43 #58690 by Morlacus
Replied by Morlacus on topic Voice alerts test build
Super ! I will try on my devo 8s this week end.
As concerns devo 12s is it necessary to change the devo12-lib.dfu ?

More
03 Feb 2017 08:59 #58693 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Voice alerts test build
That looks great happy to test for U7E platform, when scrolling true the sounds list, or selecting the sound, does it also play them?

More
03 Feb 2017 09:43 #58694 by Moeder
Pressing ENT on the music id will trigger playing it once.

Fernandez wrote: when scrolling true the sounds list, or selecting the sound, does it also play them?

More
03 Feb 2017 17:03 #58698 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Voice alerts test build
Thanks for your work and posting the files, i tried the emulator but it says mp3 must be enabled ect..I never had much luck with the emulator from day one so i will test it out this weekend on my 12s ...On the volume issue several months ago when trying the build i hooked a mini sound amp to the DFplayer and it nearly doubled the volume but it requires 5v and the DFplayer will function on 3.3v and i was powering it from the 3.3 on the 12s circuit board which worked well but when i tried to hook the amp it crashed my 12s causing it to shut down.. i suspect it demanded to much current for the tx to handle..Possible solution would be to use a 5v buck booster regulator like i used on my AIO camera to allow it to run on a 1s battery..

More
03 Feb 2017 18:08 #58704 by Moeder
You have to enable the player in hardware.ini
extended-audio=dfplayer
Also copy music.map to the same directory as hardware. Ini

More
03 Feb 2017 18:18 #58705 by magic_marty
tried that and still not working..no worries i will test out on my spare 12s i use it as guinea pig

More
03 Feb 2017 18:39 - 03 Feb 2017 19:21 #58706 by Morlacus
I am trying to test on the emulator of the 8s.
As I understand it is not possible to have sound as the mp3 files are not there (or where to put them) but the command is written in the screen.
There are 14 possible switch positions which is the total position of all the swiches on a devo 8s. May be it would be simpler to assign each swich position directly (have for exemple RUD DR0 in the place of switch 1 and a possibility to have a none in the mp3 id
Last edit: 03 Feb 2017 19:21 by Morlacus. Reason: precision in the post

More
03 Feb 2017 19:48 - 03 Feb 2017 19:49 #58708 by Moeder
The number of available switch positions always matches the number available on your transceiver. The reason for this layout is, that I wanted to avoid scrolling long ways to get to the desired switch setting. Right now if you set something at for example switch 6 and 10, it will be shown at position 1+2upon rereading the model file.
Actually I wanted to only display a new switch row if the previous one is activated (same goes for telemetry alarms), I just didn't have time for that yet.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2017 19:49 by Moeder.

More
04 Feb 2017 08:57 #58729 by Moeder
Coming to think of it...if we predefine the switches we would fit twice the amount on the screen, having ten switches at a glance would be neat as well... The code would be a lot simpler. Just not a perfect solution for devo 10/7,we would fit only two on the screen...

More
04 Feb 2017 09:01 #58730 by magic_marty
Where are the mp3 files being created at? Is there a way toy generate them with a Windows program or are they needed to still be done on Mac?

More
04 Feb 2017 09:33 #58732 by Morlacus
On Windows,to make the mp3 files I use natural reader free - www.naturalreaders.com/ - in which you can write anything and have it read by different voices. To record the speach I use Audacity - www.audacityteam.org/ - a very good free sound editor . Once all the commands have been typed on natural reader I record all in a row and afterwards it is very easy to split the global file to export all the mp3.

More
04 Feb 2017 09:42 - 04 Feb 2017 09:42 #58733 by Morlacus

Moeder wrote: Coming to think of it...if we predefine the switches we would fit twice the amount on the screen, having ten switches at a glance would be neat as well... The code would be a lot simpler. Just not a perfect solution for devo 10/7,we would fit only two on the screen...

Effectively the 7 and 10 have small screens. I was considering the 8 and 12 which have large screens . But it would be interesting to imagin how many sounds a user would use on a model. Probably not all (I have personnaly not often all swithes used in a model but frequently a lot and I would have the ones I use voiced) but the majority. Anyway as you said no solution is perfect.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2017 09:42 by Morlacus.

More
04 Feb 2017 09:42 - 04 Feb 2017 09:56 #58734 by Moeder
The genspeech tool works on Linux and Mac OS. I guess we could make similar tool for Windows.

Edit:... Or a web interface to the Linux tool... ;)
Last edit: 04 Feb 2017 09:56 by Moeder.

More
07 Feb 2017 16:18 - 07 Feb 2017 16:19 #58874 by Morlacus
I am testing the deviation-devo8-v5.0.0-396188a.dfu with my devo 8s. My dfplayer assembly works when standalone. I hear correctly the sounds. But no success in the devo 8s. I have enabled the dfplayer in the hardware ini (extended-audio=dfplayer) I have put the music.map in the root of the TX. But no sound :(. Any idea ?
It seems also that i cannot record the sounds affectation from the sound menu. It comes back blank when I restart.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2017 16:19 by Morlacus.

More
08 Feb 2017 00:23 - 08 Feb 2017 00:45 #58889 by Moeder
After thinking about it I decided on moving to predefining all switches in the music config menu. The number of clicks is not that much higher, since there is only one selection field per switch compared to two in the first version, and the code is a lot cleaner.
I thoroughly tested the new build in the emulator, please try again with the updated build (1896b91) I attached to the post above replacing the old build.

I also made the menu consistent with other deviation menus where you go from "none" to a selection with the "right" button. Pressing enter on the ID will still trigger playing the MP3.

Morlacus wrote: I am testing the deviation-devo8-v5.0.0-396188a.dfu with my devo 8s. My dfplayer assembly works when standalone. I hear correctly the sounds. But no success in the devo 8s. I have enabled the dfplayer in the hardware ini (extended-audio=dfplayer) I have put the music.map in the root of the TX. But no sound :(. Any idea ?
It seems also that i cannot record the sounds affectation from the sound menu. It comes back blank when I restart.

Attachments:
Last edit: 08 Feb 2017 00:45 by Moeder.

More
08 Feb 2017 09:03 - 08 Feb 2017 09:05 #58908 by Morlacus
Moeder,
Testing the new devo8 dfu firmware. The presentation ot the music page is easy to use. I see the description of the music in the page, the musics number are recorded but unfortunately no sound :( neither when pressing the id in the music page nor anywhere)
My mp3 files are in the root of my sd card. Am I wrong ?
Has anybody succeeded in a test ?
Last edit: 08 Feb 2017 09:05 by Morlacus.

More
08 Feb 2017 16:51 #58930 by Moeder
The mp3 files should be located in a folder named mp3, which itself should be placed on the root directory of the SD card. Also if you are using a mac, make sure you get rid of the "." files which often are automatically created. Third, how did you wire the dfplayer to the devo ppm port?

More
08 Feb 2017 17:37 - 08 Feb 2017 17:52 #58932 by Morlacus
Eureka !!!!:cheer: It works after putting the mp3 files in a mp3 folder as you said.
the first message I heard was a transmitter battery voltage which said very correctly 6.01 volts (I had put the alarm very hight to force the message)
I have also a switch message which works very well. (I have only programmed one for testing)
Yes I use the trainer port of my devo 8
As concerns volume it is reasonably high
I will continue testing now.

I have not heard welcome and goodbye (I dont worry a lot about but..)
It could be good in global alarms to have more figures for exemple for remaining time which could exceed 9 say 12 or 22 for exemple so have from 10 to 19 and about ten.
Will there be a version of your firmware in the " deviation 5 standard version" (for screens scrolling)

Congratulations for your work
Last edit: 08 Feb 2017 17:52 by Morlacus. Reason: add precision

More
08 Feb 2017 18:25 #58937 by magic_marty
Has the devo12 also been updated with the latest build? Still plan on testing it out soon if i can figure things out..
Thanks..

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds