Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

More
28 May 2016 11:22 - 28 May 2016 11:24 #49421 by john
Replied by john on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

silpstream wrote:

john wrote: i loaded bootloader with usb FTDI . then i connect wire to creat button EXT , and connect STM32 TO usb , but DFUSE can not dectect . What problem ?

Could you clarify what you are trying to do? Did you upgrade the processor in your 7e already? Or are you trying to get deviationtx running on a development board?

hi
i make a Devo 7e on development board and i bought eprom 25f16 ( same orginal Devo 7e ). i use bootloader 128k . if it work , i will update stm32f1o3vet6 with boodloar 256k
Last edit: 28 May 2016 11:24 by john.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2016 13:21 #49427 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade
It's kind of hard to provide support when we don't know the board you are using or the steps you went through. Send us a link to the board as well as the specific software (stm32flash, stm flash demonstrator, etc) and firmware/bootloader, etc. Also how you wired ext (ext is on a matrix so just connecting pins won't work, although the bootloader should send you straight to dfu if no firmware is loaded). Whatever the case, more info from you will help us to figure things out.

More
28 May 2016 13:34 - 28 May 2016 13:38 #49429 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

silpstream wrote: . Either way, the original LCD is a SPI interface, so the pins would be available whichever way we choose.

Not arguing with you, I remember now that you're correct but why does the stock display have a 30pin FF cable when it's SPI? so you've got 6 wires for SPI/power, probably 2 more for backlight (maybe 1 more for brightness control), are there really >20 unused wires in that FF (flat flex)?

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/
Last edit: 28 May 2016 13:38 by Cereal_Killer.

More
28 May 2016 13:47 #49430 by silpstream
I think the flatflex you are refering to is part of the lcd (TG12864Z). It connects to the controller (NT7538) that supports 8-bit parallel and spi. So (I think) the header pins you see are to suport both parallel as well as SPI, but not all the pins are connected to the 7e mainboard. They are probably there as the screen was "off-the-shelf" so to say. No arguments, just friendly sharing of ideas. ;p I might be wrong, I haven't opened my tx again to confirm this. Just making assumptions.

More
28 May 2016 13:54 - 28 May 2016 14:18 #49431 by Cereal_Killer

silpstream wrote: I think the flatflex you are refering to is part of the lcd (TG12864Z). It connects to the controller (NT7538) that supports 8-bit parallel and ssp...

Ah ok, makes perfect sense. I've never bothered removing my display from the back (er front) of my board so I didn't realize display and controller was 2 pieces (also the stock photo on buydisplays didn't show that).

silpstream wrote: although the bootloader should send you straight to dfu if no firmware is loaded).

Yesterday I finished my second u7e and got it running and neither booted in DFU mode the first time power was applied (I tried both times).

What would the trick be to temporarily make it look like the button matrix was there and EXT was held without actually building a matrix? I've never personally investigated devo's matrix, no need with the level of support you guys provide, but it should just take a diode between two pins right?

Last edit: 28 May 2016 14:18 by Cereal_Killer.

More
28 May 2016 14:03 #49432 by silpstream
Actually i should have been clearer. If the walkera bootloader is flashed on the mcu without the firmware loaded, it will drop to dfu mode. No need to mimic the ext button. So after first soldering a new mcu in, on first powerup it will not go to dfu mode.

However for our dev board test, you might be bright that connecting the 2 relevant pins could work. I'll need to ponder on it a bit.

More
28 May 2016 14:07 - 28 May 2016 14:08 #49433 by john

silpstream wrote: It's kind of hard to provide support when we don't know the board you are using or the steps you went through. Send us a link to the board as well as the specific software (stm32flash, stm flash demonstrator, etc) and firmware/bootloader, etc. Also how you wired ext (ext is on a matrix so just connecting pins won't work, although the bootloader should send you straight to dfu if no firmware is loaded). Whatever the case, more info from you will help us to figure things out.

hi
I use Kit stm32f103rbt6 ,, a Usb FTDI .
I set boot0 =1 ( 3V3 ) Boot1=0 )
load bootloader 128k by Flash loader demontrate , choose 128k . instead 64k
Load ok , then i set boot0 = 0 . i connect wire pin C9 to B8 ( BUTTON MATRIX ) to create button EXT ,
connect 2 pin USB stm32f103 to USB, turn on power .My computer don't detect any new harware USB .
Then i use DFUSE , it also don't dectect devo 7 . e

i wonder , after load bootloader , devo can communication with computer ?
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 May 2016 14:08 by john.

More
28 May 2016 17:05 - 28 May 2016 19:16 #49440 by silpstream
That sounds about right. Only 3 things i can think of:
1) set boot1=1 and boot0=0
2) check that you are flashing to 0x08000000
3) try connecting directly to the usb port on your board, cause i can't tell which side of the 2 resistors the 2 pins d+ and d- connect to on your board.

You don't need to mimic EXT after the first time you flash the bootloader. It will drop to dfu if no firmware is loaded at 0x08003000.
Last edit: 28 May 2016 19:16 by silpstream.

More
29 May 2016 01:04 #49456 by john
i set boot1= 0and boot0=1 when load bootloader and set boot1=1 and boot0=0 to run.

.connect direct to pin usb stm32 , still not change .
maybe i will borrow a tx devo to test

More
29 May 2016 01:26 #49459 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade
can you flash the bootloader using a ftdi usb>serial, I thought you needed to use an stlink?

also in the 7e the display connexts to the main board using an 18pin header, and what I can see with a quick look only 8 pins are actually hooked up to anything, there may be a few more on the screen side on the main pcb that route to pins acually under the display though, but i can't see those

More
29 May 2016 01:40 - 29 May 2016 01:50 #49462 by john
i don't know difference between flash bootloader by usb FTDI and a Stlink usb .
i still usually use FTDI to flash firmware for stm32 .

i will try with a usb stlink

happyharry " i see you say in page 4 """: no lights, no usb device appearing, nothing ""
. and then it work . So what your problem ? maybe i same you
Last edit: 29 May 2016 01:50 by john.

More
29 May 2016 07:23 #49469 by HappyHarry
you might be correct, I'm only going on my limited stm32 experience

I don't know what was wrong as I never did get that 7e board working. I bought a new 7e and started over again and my second (and third and fourth :) ) attempt worked.

More
29 May 2016 11:07 - 29 May 2016 11:20 #49482 by john
i just order a DEVO 7e to work , i hope it don"t """ no light , no sound , nothing "" after i load bootloader with Usb FTDI :(

about NT7538 , I read somewhere it compatient with NT7532 and ST7565, maybe don't need change code
A screen NT7532 worked with ER9X firmware , good new

www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2570260&page=33

""""NT7532 and NT7538 are register(software) compatible with ST7565 - it should work without any firmware modification.
However, 2.6" LCD may have different characteristics from the stock LCD.
That means LCD duty cycle/bias/contrast range may have to be adjusted if it shows a poor display characteristics
since those parameters in the firmware are tweaked for the stock LCD."""
Last edit: 29 May 2016 11:20 by john.

More
30 May 2016 00:28 #49533 by dc59
Replied by dc59 on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade
+2 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Finally , I got my 2 DEVO 7E with new brain (STM32F103RCT6)!!

Thanks for silpstream's tutorial and now running HappyHarry's test build.

What's the minimum quantity of U7E that will make it to be an official / regular supported TX?
Attachments:

More
30 May 2016 00:40 #49534 by HappyHarry
welcome to the club :D I like that style of 7e with the silver buttons, my new one has a dark grey/titanium colour that I'm not so keen on.

for a minimum number I'm not sure, perhaps if we can show a need by keeping track of the number of downloads silpstreams and my own builds get pb may consider it. but until then it's no problem for me to build and post nightlies of both the stock code and that with silpstreams switch/pots mods(until that merge request is accepted) for people that can't build it themselves to use :)

More
30 May 2016 07:22 #49542 by silpstream
Woohoo! Twins! That makes 13. :D

I think there are more U7Es than the F-series and AT9 TXs which already have nightlies, so I hope we are getting close to having one soon too! Any chance PB? :)

More
30 May 2016 08:35 #49546 by dc59
I have posted U7E information on some Chinese RC forums, hope more 7E users join us. :)

More
30 May 2016 09:36 #49553 by silpstream

dc59 wrote: I have posted U7E information on some Chinese RC forums, hope more 7E users join us. :)

That's great! Could you post a link to the forum? TQ!

More
30 May 2016 12:38 #49559 by Cereal_Killer

silpstream wrote: Woohoo! Twins! That makes 13. :D

You're counting the 2nd I've done (not mine but a members here)?

More
30 May 2016 12:48 #49561 by dc59

silpstream wrote: That's great! Could you post a link to the forum? TQ!

Here : :)
RCTW Forum - Taiwan
5iMX Froum - China

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds