Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade

More
27 Jul 2017 05:43 - 27 Jul 2017 06:02 #63597 by MikefromGermany
Replied by MikefromGermany on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade
Don't worry.

They probably just used statshield foil to pack your order. Some of these foils are also used for moisture barrier bags and printed accordingly.

All is well. Open it up. Your MCUs won't fall apart. ;)

And just for entertaining purpose - I made a short flic of my latest Devo7e brain transplant.
Last edit: 27 Jul 2017 06:02 by MikefromGermany.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2017 07:07 #63598 by Whatsinaname
Replied by Whatsinaname on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade
Thanks Mikefromgermany.

I'm gonna check them when I get home later.

The funny thing is I purchased a taranis qx7 after I acquired the parts for this mod and since I still have the items I feel like it's a project unfinished so I want to tackle it.

More
25 Aug 2017 20:28 #63981 by UABMaddog
Replied by UABMaddog on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade
Was trying to solder to the infamous pin 13 on my Devo 7e and managed to mangle the pins. Going to try to move those tiny pins back into place, but just in case....I ordered the 512K processor and the recommended tools (my own hot air station). Guess this is going to get more interesting....LOL

Thanks for the thread, and wish me luck!

More
12 Sep 2017 12:19 #64360 by UABMaddog
Replied by UABMaddog on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade
I contacted UCDrones and hopefully have a new 7E motherboard on the way from the factory......a backup 7E should arrive today, a 12E arrived yesterday and the 4in1 module for it should be here Monday.....

I bought a rework station (Cheap one with some decent reviews) and will be pulling off the original CPU and seeing if I can add the new 512K one. It looks like one pad lifted, is there a way to save this motherboard with a missing pad?

I will eventually have an Ultimate7E, if it doesn't kill me.....LOL

More
13 Sep 2017 10:13 #64378 by silpstream
Replied by silpstream on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade
Put up a high res pic of the lifted pad so we can take a look. Might be able to save the board... maybe... ;P

More
13 Sep 2017 20:14 - 13 Sep 2017 20:24 #64383 by compman2
Replied by compman2 on topic Ultimate7e tutorial: Processor upgrade
It is very possible to rescue a board with only one lifted pad. I have one board that I lifted 7 pads and was able to get it to work. Some of the pads aren't needed (they seem to lift the easiest). I had to run jumpers from the mcu pin to another place on the trace for a couple of traces but it is all working. Very ugly but working.

I built a diagram of the mcu which shows the pins that i pulled. This may help you. I have it attached. The pins with the red block and X beside them are the pins I lost and only one of them needed to be jumpered PD2.. The pins highlighted in yellow are not used or available for extra options. The gray block in the upper right is pin 1.

computer nerd, hobby collector, proud father
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 Sep 2017 20:24 by compman2.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds