7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1

More
06 Jun 2016 03:53 #50015 by dc59
Hi HappyHarry,

I got some problem with my New 4in1 module on DEVO 10(actually , I adapted old first batch 4in1 module on new 4in1 adapter DEVO board ), I turned on power set to DEVO protocol / 100mW power apply 50% throttle to active timer, about 10 min later , I can't reboot my TX , it shows "Missing CYRF6936 module" , I can't do anything but power it off ! I can fill 4in1 module is hot , then wait for few minutes , TX can work again. but this problem is reproduced ! would you please check it for me , maybe your new batch module does not have this problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2016 07:06 - 06 Jun 2016 07:34 #50018 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
I think I remember reading about there being a voltage regulator issue for the devo 4in1 and this is what was delaying release, perhaps this is why it's not currently for sale on taobao?

is it only when using the devo protocol/cyrf6936 or are other protocols or rf chips causing the same problem? I'll certainly run some tests later today and see what happens. here's hoping the issue is fixed in the newer version, or it's as easy as replacing the vreg with something with a higher throughput. also what voltage are you providing to the 4in1 module?

[edit]
in this post here cmPang mentions that there was an overheating issue with the devo 4in1 >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...dule?start=280#46773 I wonder why it's only happening on the devo version and not the other versions of the 4in1?
Last edit: 06 Jun 2016 07:34 by HappyHarry.

More
06 Jun 2016 12:56 #50031 by dc59

HappyHarry wrote: I think I remember reading about there being a voltage regulator issue for the devo 4in1 and this is what was delaying release, perhaps this is why it's not currently for sale on taobao?

is it only when using the devo protocol/cyrf6936 or are other protocols or rf chips causing the same problem? I'll certainly run some tests later today and see what happens. here's hoping the issue is fixed in the newer version, or it's as easy as replacing the vreg with something with a higher throughput. also what voltage are you providing to the 4in1 module?

[edit]
in this post here cmPang mentions that there was an overheating issue with the devo 4in1 >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...dule?start=280#46773 I wonder why it's only happening on the devo version and not the other versions of the 4in1?

Test all protocol/modules got same result, I asked TaoBao seller about this issue, he told me my 4in1 is first batch which has overheat issue :(
I got bad luck.

More
06 Jun 2016 15:03 #50041 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic 7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
since i use 1s lipol in my 7e, i never have any concern about reg heating.
are you using 2s? if so, i would suggest to fall back to to stock 4x nimh cells in order not to over-voltage the entire power line.

More
06 Jun 2016 21:51 #50062 by HappyHarry
I'm using the stock battery setup with 4 lsd nimh cells from hobbyking and I've not managed to replicate your issue, i left the tx on for 20mins on 150mw dsm2 and another 15 minutes straight after on devo and had no issues of locking up. when I have more time I'll open up the tx and run the test again and I'll also monitor the 4in1's temperature to see how it's handling it

More
07 Jun 2016 00:41 #50070 by dc59
@HappyHarry & cmpang
Thanks for your help.
It's no need to do more test about this issue, TaoBao seller told me this issue had been sorted after first batch(only 5~6 modules),
all your 4in1 modules should be OK, no problem.

edit : I installed and tested it on DEVO 10.

More
07 Jun 2016 05:00 #50075 by TheMadCADer
Replied by TheMadCADer on topic 7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
How do you guys think this will do with a wifi booster?
I think I may be able to fit a small one inside my tx.

More
19 Jun 2016 17:12 #50809 by C0ckpitvue 777
Replied by C0ckpitvue 777 on topic Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
Great mod double H,I would like to do this with my old devo 7e,I just de soldered the stock cyrf module and have a clean surface to start this.I would like to know if this pinout for the new 4 in 1 module banggood has available and do I have to still solder 13 to the mcu pin 50.Also if there is a clearer pinout.

More
19 Jun 2016 19:18 #50816 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
TheMadCADer a wifi booster will work with this if it's hooked up for sure, but when you can get up to 2km with a good external antenna i personally don't see the point. if you want really long range build one of these instead >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...hz-long-range-system

C0ckpitvue 777 do banggood have this devo version of the 4in1 available now? as the other 4in1 versions wont work in the 7e bud, and yeah you will need to solder one wire to the mcu, there are several pins you can use though. if you don't want to tackle soldering to the mcu and you can wait a few weeks victzh has a daughterboard for the 4in1 that doesn't require any wires soldered to the mcu, see here for details >> www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...dule?start=500#50029 as for a clearer pinout is this any help bud?

More
19 Jun 2016 22:06 #50830 by C0ckpitvue 777
Beautiful blue print pinout double h it's greatly appreciated,is there anyway I can get my hands on that 4 in 1 module you have via you linking me to the vendor and it's still hard to tell which pin is 13 from the pictures,going up is it the 1st,2nd or third pin?Thanks in advance and the feedback is greatly appreciated.

More
19 Jun 2016 22:49 #50834 by HappyHarry
no problem bud, and for number 13 you can use pin50 on the mcu which is the second pin up from the bottom. for sourcing the module you can try pm'ing fellow forum members dc59 or cmpang as they both have the contact details of the manufacturer, (remember to say you want a devo version 4in1 as the others are no use) in fact it was cmpang that kindly arranged the purchase of my one from the manufacturer otherwise i wouldn't have one lol

More
26 Jun 2016 00:20 #51074 by C0ckpitvue 777
Hey double H,I tried to reach one of the 2 sources you provided me to get this module,to date haven't heard nothing back.I as wondering if you can set me up to purchase this 1.I also checked tabao website and only saw the same 3in1 module banggood provides.All help is greatly appreciated.

More
26 Jun 2016 03:18 #51077 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
Just curious: how many people are planning on buying this cause they needed one (or more) of the modules they don't have now vs how many are wanting it just to make the two, maybe three modules they already have be able to use one single antenna?

I'm so interested in this just cause of the antenna switcher! The access to additional protocols is cool and all (for me the A7105 and NRF would be new) but I only ever use two protocols (DSM and FrSky) and right now i only have a cc2500 installed in my 10 cause I need frsky more than dsm and I'm not willing to hack it up into a Triceratops like my 7e was. The only reason I'm so excited to spend more money on my devos lol.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
26 Jun 2016 08:46 - 26 Jun 2016 08:55 #51084 by HappyHarry
for me it was purely to have all 4 rf chips using a decent movable antenna, I already a 7e with the stock cyrf, nrf and a7105 but the latter two were using internal antennae, (my frsky stuff was covered by a module in my jr dsm9x) so I didn't use them on anything but micro sized stuff just in case. I had also added a cc2500 to that 7e due to using a lot more frsky rx's in smaller quads, but I still couldn't bring myself to make the 7e look like a porcupine.

so when the devo 4in1 was released it was a no brainer for me, as all 4 rf chips sharing a single external antenna is exactly what I was waiting for to make my 7e my main transmitter, that along with the mcu and extra switches and pots make it a very versatile and powerful transmitter in a very compact package :)

C0ckpitvue 777 I know they both aren't regular visitors here so give them some time to reply bud, also remember they aren't selling these things they just have the ability to communicate in chinese with the manufacturer. as I said I only have my one thanks to another member so I can't help anyone source them sorry.

I presume that they will show up on taobao and bg soon enough, the design is now fully working with no issues so I'm sure they'll start making them in bigger numbers
Last edit: 26 Jun 2016 08:55 by HappyHarry.

More
26 Jun 2016 13:29 #51096 by C0ckpitvue 777
Hello bud,was wondering if I can put this in the 7e along with the 3in1 www.ehirobo.com/walkera-wk-devo-s-mod-de...-upgrade-module.html

More
26 Jun 2016 14:28 #51097 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
Yes you can but dont expect anywhere to get them back in stock ever, find somewhere listing them as in-stock before you buy.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
26 Jun 2016 14:45 #51098 by C0ckpitvue 777
Thanks CK,what's the alternative?If any,trying to get my old 7e converted to 4in1.Was looking for the devo 4in1 to no avail,any fbnwould be greatly appreciated.

More
01 Jul 2016 03:48 - 02 Jul 2016 04:42 #51235 by TheMadCADer
Replied by TheMadCADer on topic 7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
Just soldered mine in and upgraded to Deviation v5.0
What do I do in the hardware ini to get all 4 modules working?
I'm using a 7e and copied your wiring.
Thanks!

Edit: Never mind, I changed the 4th module in the hardware ini (like you said) and it worked. So far I've successfully bound to a Hubsan H107D.
I'll test it on some dsm2 stuff tomorrow.

Edit #2: dsm2 and dsmx are functional B)
Last edit: 02 Jul 2016 04:42 by TheMadCADer.

More
01 Jul 2016 11:56 #51240 by HappyHarry
nice one bud, congrats on the sucessful swap :)

More
01 Jul 2016 17:14 #51244 by frank4wing
Replied by frank4wing on topic Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1

C0ckpitvue 777 wrote: Hello bud,was wondering if I can put this in the 7e along with the 3in1 www.ehirobo.com/walkera-wk-devo-s-mod-de...-upgrade-module.html

Hello, I got an upgrade module several weeks ago from www.walkeraonline.com/walkera-wk-devo-s-...-upgrade-module.html although it said "Out of stock now and will be arrived in 1-3 weeks" whenever I looked.

Back then I had killed the original CYRF6936 in my Devo 7e while trying the range mod :whistle: . After that I bought a second Devo 7e immediately since I didn't expect to ge a replacement module. I did tho but now I consider to replace the working upgrade module in this first 7e with a 4in1 after an MCU upgrade (which is beyond my soldering skills, I'd need to find someone doing it for me). What I'm waiting for now is an "Ultimate Devo 7e for Dummies"...

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds