PXX protocol

More
03 Feb 2019 19:44 #72695 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic PXX protocol
Thanks hexfet, think I am going to fly my t8sg plus v2 with r9 module soon, and let you know.
So fat I like deviation more than open tx, I got an x-lite too, man open tx, thats quite a hassle to get use too.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2019 22:31 #72698 by joeclone
Replied by joeclone on topic PXX protocol
I'll be running it on a devo 10, how much telemetry is supported on the devo?

More
04 Feb 2019 03:18 #72700 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic PXX protocol
Full telemetry is supported. From the testing so far the receiver sends RSSI and receiver voltage. Additional telemetry would be from sensors or a flight controller.

More
06 Feb 2019 21:07 #72744 by Tygrys
Replied by Tygrys on topic PXX protocol
What version of the R9M firmware Deviation supports? Flex or other?

How to update R9M TX module firmware without the Taranis?
There are SPort and RS232 port on the back, can they be used?

How to check TX Module software version?
On my R9M + R9MM on PXX and PPM the link is unstable, it works for 1-2 seconds and then disconnects for a 10-20s of time and then links again and so on.
I think I have to update firmware.

More
08 Feb 2019 03:01 #72803 by hexfet
All the R9M versions should work fine. The protocol options should cover all the available settings.

Updating the R9M firmware through deviation is not currently supported. Haven't looked at what it would take.

What transmitter are you using? How are you powering the R9M module? If you use PXX and have the proper hardware set up for telemetry you can check the RSSI.

More
08 Feb 2019 18:16 #72820 by Tygrys
Replied by Tygrys on topic PXX protocol

hexfet wrote: Updating the R9M firmware through deviation is not currently supported. Haven't looked at what it would take.

I think that it is not possible through the Deviation. But it can be done - at least for the receiver - by using SPort on the Flight Controller with a passthrough.
There is Joshua Bardwell's film about it. Maybe it can be also done the same way on the transmitter module.

hexfet wrote: What transmitter are you using? How are you powering the R9M module? If you use PXX and have the proper hardware set up for telemetry you can check the RSSI.

T8SG Plus V2.
I'm powering through the internal T8SG 2S LiPo. To check if the power is sufficient I measured 5V on the module SPort and UART pins and it is rock stable.
The link is breaking on every power level. The binding goes smooth. On PPM it also binds ok with the same link loosing behavior.

The RSSI is 99% when connected and 0 on loss. It looks like the problem is on the radio link - when it is connected the SBus output is ok, otherwise it is like on failsave.
I think that the problem might be in the firmware versions on TX or RX, as due to inability to program it by myself I asked the seller to flash EU compatible firmware and I have no way to check what he did.

More
08 Feb 2019 22:21 #72827 by matbhe
Replied by matbhe on topic PXX protocol
Hi folks

Big thanks to all DeviationTX developers!
Cool that we can use R9 with the T8SG now!
I'm using it often and it seems to work without any problem (with telemetry). I've noticed that the T8SG with the R9 installed seems to drain the battry reasonable more even if I'm not using it as active transmitter (high standby current/module sending in background)? Has someone else also noticed this behaviour?

Regards Matthias

More
09 Feb 2019 00:30 - 09 Feb 2019 00:30 #72829 by EDU.WES
Replied by EDU.WES on topic PXX protocol
What are the odds of getting redundant receiver support now? I want to bind the internal RF and external RF at the same time. The internal to Frsky and external to R9. Frsky supports redundant receivers and OpenTX will let you bind external and internal at the same time so there should be some helpful code there
Last edit: 09 Feb 2019 00:30 by EDU.WES.

More
09 Feb 2019 01:21 #72830 by hexfet
I did think about this while working on the serial protocols but want site there'd be any interest. It's more complex in deviation because we run the over-the-air protocols which have strict timing requirements. Probably worth a new topic for discussion when I return from holiday.

Interested in what you're trying to achieve. I think this is better called dual transmission as there are other ways to get receiver redundancy. How many channels total for the two sending radios?

More
09 Feb 2019 13:33 - 09 Feb 2019 13:38 #72838 by Fernandez

matbhe wrote: Hi folks

Big thanks to all DeviationTX developers!
Cool that we can use R9 with the T8SG now!
I'm using it often and it seems to work without any problem (with telemetry). I've noticed that the T8SG with the R9 installed seems to drain the battry reasonable more even if I'm not using it as active transmitter (high standby current/module sending in background)? Has someone else also noticed this behaviour?

Regards Matthias

Yes I have mentioned this before, the R9 module is transmitting when it is powered, so even when using any other RF link, the external module is transmitting at default module settings.......(R9 module power present = R9 module transmitting)…. I understand that not easy to switch power off in deviation, it seem you can not enable/disable it by sending a serial command......…

I Iike a lot the dual redundancy, independant link, this idea I posted quite some time back, I think currently only Jeti Radios do offer that.
But in Betaflight seem not direct interest, (maybe I nav ?) because I think easiest would be to be able to connect multiple receivers into betaflight, were you select master or slave or any other auto switching between sources based on RSSI etc.
Last edit: 09 Feb 2019 13:38 by Fernandez.

More
02 Mar 2019 15:49 - 02 Mar 2019 16:34 #73123 by joeclone
Just received my r9m system n now doing some testing. Flashed the latest nightly 1mar2019. R9m tx module n slim+ rx using flex firmware. I'm having problem with the bind process in PXX. I can't get the r9m to go into bind mode, only the red led is lid. It does bind in PPM though. What am I doing wrong? I'm using devo10, getting the pxx signal direct off the dsc wires. Since I'm able to bind in ppm I'm guessing the connection is correct? Since both ppm n pxx is taken from the same point.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2019 16:34 by joeclone. Reason: Add info

More
02 Mar 2019 20:42 #73126 by Fernandez
Did you flash both, the R9M transmitter and the receiver with the latest flex firmware?.

More
02 Mar 2019 22:04 - 02 Mar 2019 22:19 #73129 by joeclone
Yea both r9 module n rx is on latest flex firmware, since it's able to bind in ppm I'm guessing it's correct.
Where can I find the older nightlies to try? Maybe something in the latest nightly screwed up PXX.
Last edit: 02 Mar 2019 22:19 by joeclone.

More
03 Mar 2019 07:36 #73136 by joeclone
Ok did some more testing, downloaded n flashed the 3mar2019 nightly and now the PXX protocol works. I can see all channels in inav working ok but unfortunately theres no telemetry reported back to my devo10.
Out of curiosity I tried hexfet's crsftest file : www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/1579-hexfet-crsftest
PXX works n I can see telemetry in my tx screen but bugger there's some bug in the power output select menu. It always displays 'auto' even when I select other power levels. But the big thing preventing me from using this file is coz it recovers from a failsafe n auto selects the power to the lowest range test value.
So what r my options? Anyone can share a previous working version of the pxx firmware?

More
04 Mar 2019 17:14 #73198 by hexfet
The PXX telemetry is not working in recent nightlies. I'll make a test build if it's not resolved today. It's a little complicated since some later fixes need to be pulled in.

More
04 Mar 2019 23:21 - 04 Mar 2019 23:25 #73203 by joeclone
Thanks for taking a closer look at this. Btw,
the automated travis builds are refreshed everyday even if there's no changes to the code?
Last edit: 04 Mar 2019 23:25 by joeclone.

More
05 Mar 2019 01:41 #73207 by hexfet
Not sure about the nightly builds. There's been code changes almost daily recently

Please try the test build here . Found the issue. The test build is the latest master code plus a fix.

More
05 Mar 2019 02:03 - 05 Mar 2019 02:04 #73208 by joeclone
Thanks again for the help, will try it later n report back. Also wit the latest nightlies the tx was reporting missing modules.
Last edit: 05 Mar 2019 02:04 by joeclone.

More
14 Mar 2019 05:49 - 14 Mar 2019 05:52 #73343 by joeclone
Ok guys, have any here tried running the Qlrs lora system with the PXX protocol?
I'm trying it out at the moment, able to connect and can see all controls is moving correctly in Inav configurator but I'm having problems with smartport telemetry. There's displayed some values on my devo10 screen but none makes sense.
Is it correct that if I use sbus to run the Qlrs system I'd not get telemetry?
Last edit: 14 Mar 2019 05:52 by joeclone.

More
14 Mar 2019 09:48 #73348 by Fernandez
Hi Joe, I have only tested at bench, QLRS seem to decode indeed Devo PXX stream correct, Smartport I have not yet experimented with, it is just recently added in Qczek LRS v1.91.

Using PXX, with R9 module, I can confirm, I got basic telemetry from Betaflight flight controller.
We had some issues, related signal inversion I would check it first. (maybe we could have a tick box for that, direct or inverted in the serial out protocols)

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds