PXX protocol

More
20 Mar 2019 00:52 #73444 by joeclone
Replied by joeclone on topic PXX protocol
As I understand rssi, snr and packet loss are indications of link strength as reported by the lora chip. We can select which is reported back to ground station when we do the module configuration, I've packet loss selected in the last capture. Not sure about mav_ values.
Telemetry values are grab from air side module, fc and proprietory encoded by qlrs dev and transmitted to ground side module decode and spit out in sport/mavlink.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2019 11:37 #73447 by joeclone
My new ftdi adapter just came in the post today and it's one with the original chip. I manage to capture 4 files connected directly to sport pin on the qlrs module,
1) sport data with pxx stream connected to the devo
2) sport data without the pxx stream connected
3) sport data with the pxx stream connected but without the fc sport connected
4) sport data without pxx stream connected and without the fc sport connected

File Attachment:

File Name: sport_pxx.txt
File Size:143 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: sport_nopxx.txt
File Size:140 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: sport_pxx_nofc.txt
File Size:130 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: sport_nopxx_nofc.txt
File Size:107 KB
Attachments:

More
21 Mar 2019 00:15 #73458 by joeclone

hexfet wrote:
For testing I've added a test build(93d878b) to map these sensors to the following display spots:
ALLCELL - APID_CUST_RSSI
CELL1 - APID_RX_RSSI_REG_VAL
CELL2 - APID_RX_SNR_REG_VAL
CELL3 - APID_RX_PACKET_LOST_VAL
CELL4 - APID_MAV_BASE_MODE
CELL5 - APID_MAV_SYS_STATUS
CELL6 - APID_MAV_CUSTOM_MODE

Ignore any decimal point that may be in the display for these items. In the captured data only CELL1, 2, and 3 are non-zero.

From test build 93d878b, values on cell row 1 and 2 and always fluctuating and 3rd row value is constant. Other values remain the same.

Attachments:

More
21 Mar 2019 17:02 #73474 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic PXX protocol
Thanks again. All four captures show the issue with occasional missing bytes. The data is coming out of the Qlrs that way - it's not an issue with deviation missing bytes.

Running these captures in the emulator the altitude is always displayed as 0. I'll try running sending to a devo to see if big number shows up.

Not sure what to do about Qlrs sending non-standard sensor IDs. For RSSI the value can share the existing RSSI spot except Qlrs is also sending the standard RSSI sensor ID with value 1. If SNR is the only other value of interest I can find a spot for it. The captures include GPS altitude and speed information that's always 0. Are they reported correctly if the GPS is locked?

More
21 Mar 2019 22:23 #73491 by joeclone
I'm still bench testing so don't have gps connected, so is right there's no gps data. Do you know what place holder is the value 6878658 for? I'm trying to get in contact with the qlrs dev to hopefully get some answers, anyway thanks again for spending time on this.

More
22 Mar 2019 00:32 #73501 by hexfet
With the latest test build (93d878b6) on my devo10 and sending in any of the capture files the only altitude value displayed is 0. Very strange that your tx displays the 687 value. Was that on the display while making the captures? Maybe try a full install including filesystem, create a fresh model file, and see if the behavior changes.

More
29 Mar 2019 13:25 #73599 by joeclone
Finally got the telemetry stuff worked out at the fc >> Qlrs rx >> Qlrs tx >> Devo. I'm currently getting telemetry info on the Devo screen and as you adviced I copied a fresh filesystem and tested with a new model file. What is the value at last row of Cells column? It's with a unit of D and this value is slowly increasing.

Attachments:

More
29 Mar 2019 14:29 #73601 by hexfet
The box shows Discharge in mAh.

Are the pictures from the test build or a regular nightly? The test build puts the Qlrs custom sensors in the Cells column. Do we need to find a permanent place for some of those values?

More
29 Mar 2019 23:37 #73605 by joeclone
This was with your last test build.
Actually without valid description and proper units many of these values dun make much sense. If it would be possible to remap this telemetry page to make it easier to understand that would be best.
Is there a way to capture all the data from Qlrs and having the user choose which to display?

More
30 Mar 2019 16:29 #73621 by Thinker
Replied by Thinker on topic PXX protocol
Would just like to say a big THANK YOU! to the programmers for all the work you put in to making good software better. Updated my Jumper FW and been using the R9M module the last few weeks and it works well.

More
30 Mar 2019 22:18 #73627 by hexfet

joeclone wrote: This was with your last test build.
Actually without valid description and proper units many of these values dun make much sense. If it would be possible to remap this telemetry page to make it easier to understand that would be best.
Is there a way to capture all the data from Qlrs and having the user choose which to display?

The standard s.port layout is described in the manual linked in the left column. Don't know anything about the special Qlrs sensors. If you use the standard build then is everything you need for telemetry shown on the display?

There's been occasional discussion of telemetry user interface improvements but it's not an active project.

More
31 Mar 2019 00:41 #73628 by joeclone
Yes I've the values I need from the std page, pls dun spend more time on this. Thank you for your time and effort with helping to sort this out.
Is the test build safe to run or is it better to just stick with the nightlies?

More
31 Mar 2019 01:09 #73629 by hexfet
The test build is safe but doesn't have the recent changes in the nightly build (but none of those changes are needed for PXX).

The one change I made for Qlrs will be in the nightly build tomorrow, so the nightly will also work for you after tomorrow.

More
31 Mar 2019 05:40 #73631 by joeclone
Is it the missing bytes stuff?

More
31 Mar 2019 13:33 #73636 by rumpang
Replied by rumpang on topic PXX protocol
hi, im new here, question is, is jumper t8sg v2 (not plus version) support PXX protocol? how to download and upload the firmware to this transmitter?

More
31 Mar 2019 14:08 #73637 by hexfet

joeclone wrote: Is it the missing bytes stuff?

Yes, the fix for bytes missing in the s.port data.

Unfortunately the t8sg v2 plus version of the current nightly has a problem with the display. Hold off on changing until that's fixed.

More
31 Mar 2019 14:10 #73638 by hexfet

rumpang wrote: hi, im new here, question is, is jumper t8sg v2 (not plus version) support PXX protocol? how to download and upload the firmware to this transmitter?

Yes, it is supported. The PXX signal is output on the trainer port. Follow the Downloads link in the left column and look for Nightly Builds.

More
01 Apr 2019 02:45 #73654 by rumpang
Thank hexfet, i flashed radio firmware with latest build firmware, installed module r9 on my t8sg, with PXX protocol, but... unable to bind my r9mm receiver with the module.. any special instruction or step to do this?

More
01 Apr 2019 10:19 - 01 Apr 2019 10:20 #73658 by joeclone

rumpang wrote: Thank hexfet, i flashed radio firmware with latest build firmware, installed module r9 on my t8sg, with PXX protocol, but... unable to bind my r9mm receiver with the module.. any special instruction or step to do this?

I've tried devo10 with r9 system but I'm guessing it'd not be much different. Just power on r9mm in bind mode and select tx bind in deviation screen. Wait for binding process to complete and power cycle. Maybe you can try with no fixed id?
Look at the r9m and r9mm leds to give an indication whats going on. And try not to bind with tx and rx next to each other, put some distance between them maybe put one across the room.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2019 10:20 by joeclone.

More
02 Apr 2019 01:58 #73664 by rumpang
Thanks joeclone, finally made it bind.. my module delivered with different firmware, after flashed with same firmware with arduino board ( i didn’t have taranis radio or STK tool ) its work.. :cheer: :cheer:

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds