PXX protocol

More
04 Apr 2019 15:00 #73687 by joeclone
Replied by joeclone on topic PXX protocol
@hexfet is it possible to have a test build on Qlrs with these telemetry values in the cell 1 n cell 2 positions?
APID_PITCH 0x0430
APID_ROLL 0x0440

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2019 20:47 #73691 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic PXX protocol
Sure. Test build is updated (4fa9893). Pitch in CELL1 and Roll in CELL2. I left the other Qlrs overrides as before. Would it be better to just remove them?

More
05 Apr 2019 00:23 #73696 by joeclone
Is ok to remove since I'm unsure how to interpret the values. Maybe there's some multiplication factors involved?

More
05 Apr 2019 01:48 #73698 by hexfet
Test build is updated (51ff19a). The only Qlrs custom telemetry values displayed are pitch in CELL1 and roll in CELL2.

If the interpretation is not in the Qlrs documentation then it's probably not available.

More
05 Apr 2019 17:03 #73705 by joeclone
Ok tried the latest test build, but having a few glitches with it. Pitch and roll values is displayed but have the decimal points in the wrong place. Also the total discharge mAh value in the last row of the CELL column is wrong, I think it's displaying a false 5130 value in front of the actual correct value.

Attachments:

More
07 Apr 2019 03:42 #73715 by hexfet
Test build is updated (244c818). The telemetry test page is extended with a ninth row for Frsky telemetry. This row has pitch, roll, and yaw values. The standard s.port telemetry reports three accelerometer values that were not previously supported. When Qlrs telemetry is present the pitch and roll values are reported in the accelerometer x and y spots (first two values on row 9).

The s.port air speed telemetry sensor was also not previously supported. It is now displayed in the third column of row 8.

Not sure about the strange value reported for discharge. I did see it once in testing, but when i added code to debug it the problem went away and did not return. See what happens with this latest build.

This version also supports resetting the discharge and ground level altitude values by a long press on UP. If you see a large number for discharge, see if that resets it to 0.

More
07 Apr 2019 15:34 #73719 by joeclone
Test build 244c818 report, pitch and roll values from Qlrs is displayed correctly and also discharge values is correct. But now also seeing a small bug, when resetting by long press UP the 4th row of BAT column (mincell) is displayed a false value of 5.00v which is greyed out.
Attachments:

More
09 Apr 2019 02:06 #73743 by hexfet
Thanks for testing. Test build is updated (42d48d4). Should fix the MIN CELL value problem.

If this works I'll make a PR to get the improvements incorporated.

More
09 Apr 2019 09:35 - 09 Apr 2019 09:36 #73745 by joeclone
Tested 42d48d4 and everything's looking good. When's the planned release of 5.1.0 master?

hexfet wrote: The s.port air speed telemetry sensor was also not previously supported. It is now displayed in the third column of row 8.

Is referring to this value?
APID_AIR_SPEED 0x0a00

Last edit: 09 Apr 2019 09:36 by joeclone.

More
09 Apr 2019 16:40 #73748 by hexfet
Thanks. I'm not sure when the next release will be. Some internal changes are currently underway.

Yes on the air speed. 0x0a00 is the standard s.port sensor id for air speed. The GPS speed is reported separately.

More
09 Apr 2019 23:14 #73754 by joeclone
Thanks again for ur time and effort put into this, just glad I was able to help.

More
30 May 2019 16:15 #74431 by ZeroFPV
Replied by ZeroFPV on topic PXX protocol
Hi. Can someone tell me what firmware I am supposed to use with my R9 module in combination with my Devo 7E (v5.0.0-fa89fd4)?
It seems to me that the module is only sending with minimal power regardless my settings. My RSSI is dropping to 70% at 250m and to 60% at 400. Also my 2s 18650 power source doesn't deplete in any way. I'm currently at FW_Ranger9_RX_20190201 for my r9 Mini and FW_Ranger9_TX_20190117 for the module (FCC). I'm using a Super 8 antenna with the module and the T-style antennas with the RX.

Thank you for reading and sorry if I'm in the wrong thread!

More
30 May 2019 16:46 #74432 by hexfet
That firmware version should be fine. Unfortunately the R9 module doesn't provide any confirmation of the power setting made through PXX. One test would be to drive the module with PPM and set the power with the switches on the R9. See if that gives different ranges for different settings.

How are you getting RSSI with a 7e?

More
30 May 2019 17:43 - 30 May 2019 17:45 #74433 by ZeroFPV

hexfet wrote: One test would be to drive the module with PPM and set the power with the switches on the R9. See if that gives different ranges for different settings.

How are you getting RSSI with a 7e?

I get the RSSI over CH16 of the SBUS signal. (I read if I'd using F-port I had to scale the RSSI differently.(But I use SBUS)) I'm sure it's accurate because I also got Fail-safes at 500m and 3% RSSI.

I'll try PPM tomorrow. I also have ordered more receivers so I can exclude an RX problem. I'll keep you updated.
Last edit: 30 May 2019 17:45 by ZeroFPV.

More
30 May 2019 18:27 - 30 May 2019 19:41 #74434 by ZeroFPV
So... I couldn't wait. :side: Tried PPM. Switch 1 Off and 2 On which should be 500mW in PPM mode. Rock solid 99% RSSI @500m. So I'm guessing module and RX are fine.

Do I have to follow a special routine(power module first, then radio(tested)) with the module? When does the radio send the tx power command?
Last edit: 30 May 2019 19:41 by ZeroFPV.

More
31 May 2019 01:06 #74435 by hexfet
No special routine. The power bits are sent as part of every PXX packet.

Thanks for reporting this. The problem is a bug that was introduced with the recent addition of separate power levels for each radio module. To put a silver lining on it, you were getting 60% RSSI at 400m in range test mode :| Another bug that's been there since PXX was added is setting the power level to 10mW also turned on the R9 range test.

Please try the test build (712707c) here . Please try both the power level settings and the range test in the transmitter menu. My old PXX documentation for the range test mode just says "Range Check Mode, the Tx is set to low power mode, the distance reduced to 1/30.". Not sure what the R9 actually does in range test mode.

This fix doesn't fit in the ROM space for all transmitters, so need to fix that before it will appear in the nightly builds.

More
31 May 2019 06:49 #74437 by ZeroFPV
Wow, you are fast! :woohoo: I'll install and test it asap with one of my Devo 7E's. Thanks in advance!

More
31 May 2019 18:10 - 31 May 2019 18:15 #74439 by ZeroFPV
Back from the field... Looking really good to me! :woohoo:

I tried the range check in the transmitter menu --> I could influence the RSSI by putting my body between the transmitter and RX
10mW --> just exactly like the range check. I'd say it's the same power level (didn't feel a difference)
100mW --> Some drop at 500m
500mW --> no drop at 1km +
1W/Auto --> I outflew the range of my 600mW VTX. No drop as long as I had video (should be 2km +)

I wonder what the module put out before (with bug). Felt like something between 10mW and 100mW.
Last edit: 31 May 2019 18:15 by ZeroFPV.

More
31 May 2019 23:57 #74443 by hexfet
Thanks for testing. That's good news.

With the bug the power command sent to the module was always set to 10mW. And if 10mW was selected on the screen, the R9 range test was enabled.

Since you mentioned the range was similar in range test mode and at the lowest power setting, the current message on the Range test screen is probably fine. I had added a separate message since the R9 has a separate range test mode. Without that change the fix can be applied for all transmitters. Created PR #878.

More
01 Jun 2019 08:50 #74444 by ZeroFPV
Well I have to thank you for your work! :) Testing was in my own best interest.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds