PXX protocol

More
16 Jan 2019 17:54 #72344 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic PXX protocol
For telemetry the s.port pin of the R9M module must be connected to the ring of the devo10 trainer port. Do you have that connection? Need to use a stereo plug in the trainer port. The s.port signal may also be on the Rxd pin on the R9M, but it's not stated in the documentation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2019 18:35 #72345 by KampfGurke
Replied by KampfGurke on topic PXX protocol
I used a Mono-Plug -.- , i will try to find a right one and report back :)

More
16 Jan 2019 20:47 - 16 Jan 2019 20:50 #72346 by KampfGurke
With a Stereo Plug still nothing, only 0´s in telemetry Screen not even RSSI and RX Voltage :(

Firmware on the R9M / R9Slim is the latest LBT FW (181228)!
Last edit: 16 Jan 2019 20:50 by KampfGurke.

More
16 Jan 2019 23:50 #72349 by hexfet
Just tested both my devo10's and the telemetry is working. The test is with captured data, but it's the same code that worked with the R9M in the T8+.

Where are you picking up the s.port signal, bottom JR pin or Rxd?
Do you have an FTDI, logic analyzer, or scope that you could use to check the s.port signal?

Missed your earlier question about power levels. The highest four deviation Tx power settings are mapped to the four R9M power settings. The lowest setting (100uW) activates range test, but use the Range test in the transmitter menu instead.

More
17 Jan 2019 14:41 #72365 by KampfGurke
I´m picking up the signal from the bottom JR Pin!
I have a FTDI somewhere, i will try to find it and Report!

The Problem with the F4 is that you can´t change the Power levels?! ;)
The only selectable Option is "default"...

Attachments:

More
17 Jan 2019 14:49 #72368 by hexfet
You'll need to invert the RX signal on the FTDI with the FT_Prog program to see the real s.port data. If you can't do that it will probably show garbage but at least that would verify a signal is present.

Not sure about F4 power setting. Will take a look.

More
17 Jan 2019 15:26 - 17 Jan 2019 15:27 #72372 by KampfGurke
I found my FTDI, but something is wrong with it :(
The day before yesterday i flashed my r9m to the newest firmware, so i can invert the signals, now i want to flash the flex one but it doesn't recognize the R9 / R9M! -.- with a Minim OSD works fine (switched back to uninverted).
If that works flawlessly I will try to look for the S.port signal!
Last edit: 17 Jan 2019 15:27 by KampfGurke.

More
17 Jan 2019 16:29 #72373 by hexfet
Test build is updated (97eaaf8). I'd missed the power setting when adding the protocols to the modular builds.

It's not clear from the information I have whether the relationship between power and telemetry in the EU code is implemented in the R9M or in the tx. I didn't see anything in opentx to suggest it's done in the tx, but also the protocol has separate controls for power and turning off telemetry. Need some experimentation here. For the FCC firmware the telemetry should be on at all power levels unless turned off in the protocol options. There is a note in the EU manual for R9M that the receiver should be re-bound after changing between telemetry and non-telemetry power settings.

More
17 Jan 2019 18:30 #72375 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic PXX protocol
I can confirm that at the time power settings worked perfectly with R9M Flex firmware and set to EU mode.

More
17 Jan 2019 20:12 - 17 Jan 2019 20:13 #72378 by KampfGurke
The Power setting works of course, it was missing on the F4 Version!

Is Telemetry working for you?
With latest EU LBT Version there are only 0´s! (Bound at 30mw/9-16/EU with Telemetry enabled).
Maybe i need to find the Settings what are equal to Frsky´s 1st Power Setting, there is Only 1 Setting with Telemetry? (The 1st One) :unsure:

(Picture from the EU-Manual)

Currently i am unable to Flash the Flex Firmware on my R9 / R9Slim because of my stupid FTDI/Cable/Computer/Don´t Know so i can´t Test that!
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2019 20:13 by KampfGurke.

More
17 Jan 2019 22:20 #72382 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic PXX protocol

Fernandez wrote: I can confirm that at the time power settings worked perfectly with R9M Flex firmware and set to EU mode.

Flex firmware has no EU mode (known as LBT). This is pure FCC mode but with the additional EU frequence (868Mhz).

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
17 Jan 2019 22:42 - 17 Jan 2019 22:43 #72383 by Fernandez
Hmm that's interesting conclusion, so when using:
Flex Firmware => set EU = 868 no LBT, set FCC no LBT
EU Firmware => 868 yes LBT
FCC Firmware => 915 no LBT (=Equal to Flex firmware set to US ?)

So maybe better to write in the menu 868Mhz or 915Mhz ?

I am going to flash Hexfet latest build now. And as I understand 1 wire to run in the T8SG Plus V2 to connect to Uart Rx pin.
Last edit: 17 Jan 2019 22:43 by Fernandez.

More
17 Jan 2019 23:04 - 17 Jan 2019 23:11 #72384 by Fernandez
Can't find the test builds anymore however I can confirm,that yes adding the Rx uart wire lowest pin, yes telemetry runs! (still on bb9abb6)

row 1 100d 4.49V
row 2 large nr 1-2-3-000200,doesnot fitthe cell (1-2-3,rotating nr)
row 5 0%
row 6 middle field 4.40V
row 7 middle and 0A 3rd field 0D
all other field are yellow.

Edit: I am connected over Fport, to and betaflight controller just at the USB port, the 4.40V,is the same as Vbat reported in betaflight.Yes Vbat is correct, changing the scale factor in betaflight changes the value accordingly. Sovery good we can have a Vbat lipo alert now!
Last edit: 17 Jan 2019 23:11 by Fernandez.

More
17 Jan 2019 23:49 #72385 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic PXX protocol

Fernandez wrote:

snipp

That is what they have done in OpenTX2.2.3 supporting "Flex"
The normal firmware for FCC/LBT is supportet, but you will need a different firmware on the transmitter with no "flex9m" compiler option.
In other words, there are two transmitter firmwares for thesel three R9M firmware options.

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
17 Jan 2019 23:54 - 17 Jan 2019 23:59 #72386 by KampfGurke
Could you please Test if Telemetry is working with the Latest EU Firmware (181228)?

With that Firmware i don´t have Telemetry, also Connected over F.Port !

... Ah my FTDI is working again (made a new Frsky Flash Cable) don´t know why ... currently i flashing the R9M to the Flex Firmware!
If the R9 Slim is done i'm curious if there is some Telemetry Signal! If not i will try to log!

I Wire the Bottom JR Pin to the RX pin of the FTDI, right?
But just a stupid Question, which Program should i use to Capture that Data from the FTDI?

Edit: The Flex Firmware supports Telemetry with all Power levels, i think with that i will see that values on my Devo 10.. there is nothing to do wrong .. 1 cable to the top JR Pin 1 to Bottom 1 to GND ... ?!
Last edit: 17 Jan 2019 23:59 by KampfGurke.

More
18 Jan 2019 02:45 - 18 Jan 2019 03:14 #72389 by hexfet

Fernandez wrote: Can't find the test builds anymore however I can confirm,that yes adding the Rx uart wire lowest pin, yes telemetry runs! (still on bb9abb6)

That's good news :) The latest nightly should work the same.

Fernandez wrote: row 1 100d 4.49V
row 2 large nr 1-2-3-000200,doesnot fitthe cell (1-2-3,rotating nr)
row 5 0%
row 6 middle field 4.40V
row 7 middle and 0A 3rd field 0D
all other field are yellow.

Edit: I am connected over Fport, to and betaflight controller just at the USB port, the 4.40V,is the same as Vbat reported in betaflight.Yes Vbat is correct, changing the scale factor in betaflight changes the value accordingly. Sovery good we can have a Vbat lipo alert now!

Looking at the s.port section on this page I think these all make sense. The row 5 and 7 values are 0 because there's no current sensor but betaflight is still sending these telemetry parameters. In the row 2 TEMP1 telemetry value betaflight puts a flight mode value that is never less than 10000, which might be the cause of the rotating display value since deviation tries to interpret it as a temperature. Need to think about how best to handle this.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2019 03:14 by hexfet.

More
18 Jan 2019 02:59 #72390 by hexfet

aMax wrote:

Fernandez wrote:

snipp

That is what they have done in OpenTX2.2.3 supporting "Flex"
The normal firmware for FCC/LBT is supportet, but you will need a different firmware on the transmitter with no "flex9m" compiler option.
In other words, there are two transmitter firmwares for thesel three R9M firmware options.

Interesting. Seems like the Flex firmware gives EU users the option of avoiding LBT limitations while being a little closer to compliance by using the right frequency. And non-EU users have the 868MHz option. There's a note on the Frsky site in the Flex Firmware section "*Note: Please use Flex firmware according to the RC regulation of local area.". Need to investigate to see if changes to the protocol options might be an improvement.

More
18 Jan 2019 03:06 - 18 Jan 2019 03:07 #72391 by hexfet

KampfGurke wrote: I Wire the Bottom JR Pin to the RX pin of the FTDI, right?
But just a stupid Question, which Program should i use to Capture that Data from the FTDI?

Yes, bottom JR pin has the s.port signal. Use program FT_Prog to invert RX signal if your FTDI device supports it.
I use both Realterm and Teraterm. They both work.

KampfGurke wrote: Edit: The Flex Firmware supports Telemetry with all Power levels, i think with that i will see that values on my Devo 10.. there is nothing to do wrong .. 1 cable to the top JR Pin 1 to Bottom 1 to GND ... ?!

PXX (top JR pin) to trainer connector tip.
S.Port (bottom JR pin) to trainer connector ring.
Ground (next to bottom JR pin) to trainer connector sleeve.
Last edit: 18 Jan 2019 03:07 by hexfet.

More
03 Feb 2019 14:41 #72688 by joeclone
Replied by joeclone on topic PXX protocol
I've got a r9m coming, is this protocol stable and reliable enough or still in development? Or should I just stay with PPM or external rx relay for now?

More
03 Feb 2019 17:39 #72692 by hexfet
No known issues and the features are complete. It's part of the nightly builds. It is still new so don't know how much flight time it's had - please post your results. See the PXX protocol entry in the user manual for details. A hardware mod is needed for telemetry in the T8SG v2 Plus.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds