PXX protocol

More
26 Oct 2019 13:24 - 26 Oct 2019 14:07 #75320 by joeclone
Replied by joeclone on topic PXX protocol
Wondering what changes were made, now I'm able to bind with my dsm/dsmx models. Tried again with the previous 15oct file just to confirm and didn't bind.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2019 14:07 by joeclone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2019 13:53 #75325 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic PXX protocol
It has HAS_4IN1_FLASH disabled.

More
27 Oct 2019 14:59 #75326 by joeclone
Replied by joeclone on topic PXX protocol
Ahh no wonder, thought u did some magic programming stuff and solved the dsm bind problem :lol:

More
13 Jan 2020 15:00 #75702 by lrxsmb
Replied by lrxsmb on topic PXX protocol
HI !!!
Currently setting a R9 to my T8SG V2 plus, I already done the internal wiring mode but can't find any info on the 3.5mm plug wiring I need to do ?
Blank plug or do I need to wired some pins ?
Thanks in advance.

More
20 Jan 2020 12:08 #75778 by lrxsmb
Hi,

Blank 3.5mm plug seem to work fine, but the range s*cks... With the lastet nightly build rssi drop to 50 at 500m... I have better results with my spi RX on AFHDS 2A protocol...
Look like the module don't output the max power, any way to change that ? test build aren't available anymore apparently :(

More
20 Jan 2020 13:52 #75780 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic PXX protocol
I did validate the deviation power settings in PXX protocol menu on my R9 and it worked, I could change the power levels.

Otherwise try new antenna on the Rx first IPEX miniature connector is very prone to failure.....

More
20 Jan 2020 13:58 #75781 by lrxsmb
Power setting work, but range isn't great on max (auto/200) mode and same range in 500/500 mode.
Everything is brand new, with 868 super 8 on the module and 868 immortal T on the R9mm.

More
20 Jan 2020 14:23 #75782 by Fernandez
I admit I also not like range of R9 so much, but it has nothing to do with deviation implementation. (same range as when open tx)

off topic:
If using if F-port, monitoring RSSI channel in betaflight, it drops quite quick from 99% to in the 60's. Than drop more slow, but it is quite unpredictable can suddenly move down, also the RSSI changes, are to slow is have few seconds latency, making unpredictable?
But you keep control until 2%, however below 40% I am scared as it behaves not very stable for myself.... (compared to f.i. flysky RSSI, it is very nice smooth predictable with the range) I would use it indeed in similar range as 2.4ghz.... (certainly not trust for long range)

Possibly R9 system may be affected by strong out of band nearby RF signal f.i. from video link? (even 5.8ghz, if antenna re too close?)
In my case antennas are close, it would be interesting test (range without vtx powered).

More
21 Jan 2020 15:40 #75791 by lrxsmb
I see many R9 video where the rssi didn't drop as fast as mine... They advertise 10km range, I already affraid going farther than 1...Should make a test with PPM but I don't know how to set it this way...
Totaly agreed with flysky rssi who's more predictable, and yes I'm on F-port too...
Not sure for RFI, I tested it by walking with it in my hand and I set low power disarm on this quad.

More
05 Feb 2020 23:33 - 06 Feb 2020 06:22 #75892 by gittaimi
Replied by gittaimi on topic PXX protocol
Hi!
Could you help me?
I will use PXX with Devo7e.
I live in Europe and I used my R9M 868 flexfw in a taranis. Witch mode can I set on PXX tab?
My another question,can I use telemetry on my radio? If yes why? I flashed the last nightly to 7e.
Thanks.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2020 06:22 by gittaimi.

More
14 Mar 2020 21:58 - 26 Mar 2020 12:14 #76069 by kram28
Replied by kram28 on topic PXX protocol
Hello, I'm having some issue with R9M+Jumper T8SG PLUS v2:
radio fw: t8sg_v2_plus_v5.0.0-ac7f63e
r9m: RED MODEL NOT2019 fw TX_FLEX_20190117
r9mm: R9MM_FLEX FLEX_Fport
with PXX protocol:
tx power 10/25 mW
country EU
rx PWM out 1-8
rx telem: off
fixed id: 3
#channels: 12

I can bind the tramitter with the receiver but after power-on the radio the trasmitter+drone I need to wait about 1-2 minutes to have connection and RSSI is good, randomly I got strange beavior dron fall lose of connection. min RSSI in end of flight OSD seems to be good.
same behavior in ppm mode.

Thank you for support.

Have a nice day
Last edit: 26 Mar 2020 12:14 by kram28.

More
26 Mar 2020 18:36 #76115 by Fernandez
I have succesfull flights with R9M pxx protocol flex firmware T8SG V2+. Even the power settings and auto power worked. No problems for me.

I would check antennas first. It is very important you flash the receiver and the Tx module to the latest Flex firmware, not use different combinations as there are reports of crashes etc.

More
07 May 2020 23:56 #76271 by DougS2K
Replied by DougS2K on topic PXX protocol
So is the Jumper T8SG v2 working with the R9M 2019 version or just the old non 2019 version?

More
08 Jun 2020 09:56 #76438 by Rjx
Replied by Rjx on topic PXX protocol
I may try to update again my T8+ fw (latest nightly build). so I can check R9M module

@fernandez

jr bay pins top and bottom need to be connected, right? (just for confirmation)

thanks

More
08 Jun 2020 17:14 - 08 Jun 2020 17:18 #76439 by DougS2K

Rjx wrote: I may try to update again my T8+ fw (latest nightly build). so I can check R9M module

@fernandez

jr bay pins top and bottom need to be connected, right? (just for confirmation)

thanks

Interested to see how you make out as I have an R9 2019 version on the way for my T8SG V2 Plus.

As for the mod you need to make, here's what's stated.

The T8SG V2 Plus requires a hardware modification to receive telemetry from a module in the JR bay. The trainer port ring must be connected to the bottom JR pin (see picture).

www.deviationtx.com/manuals/html-devo10-...XX_telemetry_mod.png
Last edit: 08 Jun 2020 17:18 by DougS2K.

More
09 Jun 2020 12:07 #76442 by Rjx
Replied by Rjx on topic PXX protocol
hi guys.

have flashed mine to latest nightly version. T8SGv2+ 48d7be1 for the PXX to work well. R9M

im using 4 wire connection for my R9 mini(flex fw) sbus(uart2)/smartport(uart4) on the ports.

FC is matek F405STD.

telemetry set to OFF(radio)

Ive checked all the RF power outputs to be properly working.

today ive hooked quad to inav and monitor the 'receiver' tab.. and on radio, I entered range test mode.

pls check the channel bars, I can see a sudden drop(maybe 5mS) . then resumes again. is this NORMAL?

im afraid that when I go really Far that it would behave this way..when rssi falls too low.

More
18 Aug 2020 14:26 #76703 by DougS2K
Jumper T8SG v2 plus is working with R9M and have telemetry working as well. Only problem I'm having is with failsafe return to home. I can return to home via a switch but if I turn off the T8SG V2, the quad just drops. Anyone have any ideas or have this feature working with the same setup? Running iNav 2.5.

More
19 Aug 2020 17:35 #76707 by Fernandez
I think you have to set up the failsave instruction, inside the flight controller not in deviation.

More
21 Aug 2020 15:19 #76713 by DougS2K

Fernandez wrote: I think you have to set up the failsave instruction, inside the flight controller not in deviation.

I have it all set up in iNav correctly I believe.

More
01 Sep 2020 15:09 #76745 by yammahoppy
Replied by yammahoppy on topic PXX protocol
Not sure if this will help but here goes, NurkFPV did a video of his BF quad with crossfire. He finally got his return to home "loss of radio" working by changing the failsafe on the module from "pause" to "cut". Like I said i dont know anything about R9 or iNav but thought this might help.....

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds