7e +telem +layout ed +perm timer, weekly updates

More
21 May 2014 15:04 #23458 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic 7e +telem +layout ed +perm timer, weekly updates
Harry just because I'm a little dumb :p

nolayout = telem, multi-module, permTimer enabled, right ?

Thx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 May 2014 16:22 #23463 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 7e +telem +layout ed +perm timer, weekly updates
yeah that's right bud, each build has everything enabled apart from what it's named, so noperm has everything but the permanent timer enabled, nomulti has everything but support for the multimodule and nolayout has everything but the layout editor :)

More
01 Jun 2014 19:36 - 01 Jun 2014 19:38 #23828 by HappyHarry
Ok guys new updated builds are in the first post, main commits this time are the addition of allowing txid override on the 7e, allowing 10 ppmout channels, new warning alarm sounds/music and also a bugfix in saving mixer settings.

unfortunately the memory restrictions of the 7e are against us again and i can no longer build the nomulti (build with perm timer and layout editor enabled) firmware, so the first post only has the nolayout and noperm builds now. i'm not sure what has pushed us over the limit again, but hopefully the quarterly release from the gcc-arm guys that's due at the end of this month (30th june) may squish the build size for us enough again.

anyway as always if you find any bugs report them here or bitbucket and enjoy your flying :)
Last edit: 01 Jun 2014 19:38 by HappyHarry.

More
16 Jun 2014 19:36 #24116 by HappyHarry
new builds are in the first post, as always if you find any bugs report them here or bitbucket and enjoy your flying :)

More
17 Jun 2014 01:42 #24117 by cmpang
thanks Harry

More
16 Jul 2014 20:30 #24625 by HappyHarry
ok guys sorry for the delay in this build coming but i have been on my holidays :)

so as usual the new builds are in the first post, i was hoping the new quarter release of the gcc-arm compiler would make the three builds possible again but it wasn't to be, as the nomulti build still comes in at 92bytes too large. so there is only two builds still.

as always if you find bugs post them here or on bitbucket, and have fun with your flying!

More
17 Jul 2014 04:47 #24630 by D_an_W
Morning HH, thanks for the new build. I plan to use the NoPerm version but is there also an EMU version so I can get used to it on the PC first?

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***

More
17 Jul 2014 18:11 #24643 by Daryoon
I was thinking the same thing. A Devo7e emu with layout editor for use on the PC would be welcomed.

That way, we can enable the custom switches instead of use the Devo 10 emu and having to edit the model.ini afterwards with the correct switch names. i.e. SW A#, SW B#

More
17 Jul 2014 21:11 - 17 Jul 2014 21:15 #24650 by HappyHarry
i would gladly do it guys but no matter what i try i can't get my linux install to build for windows, i have attached an emu of the current builds for linux though
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jul 2014 21:15 by HappyHarry.

More
19 Jul 2014 06:24 #24689 by D_an_W
Thanks HH, whats involved in building it? Is it similar to things I build from Github (Going to investigate today)?

*** Walkera Devo 10 * 4-in-1 Module * Deviation v5 *** *** Walkera Devo 7E * A7105 Module * 2x 3 Way Switches * Power Mod * Deviation v5 ***

More
19 Jul 2014 12:46 #24691 by HappyHarry
yeah it's similar, pb has build instructions on the repo > bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation

but like I said I can't get building for windows on linux working properly due to fltk, and i've never bothered changing my windows building setup to cover deviation as using the emu in Linux is working well enough for me

More
03 Aug 2014 20:57 #25001 by HappyHarry
new builds are in the first post guys, as always if you find bugs post them here or on bitbucket, and have fun with your flying!

More
06 Aug 2014 04:19 #25056 by cocozozo
Don't mean to hijack HH but I thought my question didn't warrant a new thread.

I've been using your build for the multi switches on my devo 7e for about 4 months. All is good when flying my super cp but have had some problems flying my hubsan x4 (using a7105 module).

The quad would lose bind and hit then deck at full speed (rotors would run on full until I unplugged). It's happened about 5 times in 30 flights.

Have any of your recent builds addressed any issues with modules being added?

Should I try a newer build like the one in your post above?

Cheers

G

More
08 Aug 2014 13:28 #25094 by HappyHarry
I don't do any of the coding guys, that's PB and other members work 8)

As for issues with the hubsan protocol I've never had any issues, and I can't remember anyone else posting about signal loss. though it's always advisable to update the firmware every so often as there is new features and bug fixes.

More
22 Nov 2014 19:41 - 22 Nov 2014 19:42 #26523 by robca
Hi HappyHarry,

just checking couple of things:
  • Is the Multimodule completely out of the 7e builds? If I read the old messages correctly, that seems to be the case (but you also mention something about hoping it could come back with a newer compiler)
  • Is the FrSky telemetry support enabled in the last build? it seems that the last of the FrSky bugs was solved before your last build for the 7e

I'm assuming that those builds are also "stable enough" for use... I'm putting together a modified (A7105 + nRF24L01 + 2x 3way switches) for my nephew, and would like something that doesn't require reflashing frequently

(edit: yes, I know FrSky needs a CC2500 :) that's why I'm asking about the multimodule... my nephew needs only the first two modules, but if possible I'd like to add them all)
Last edit: 22 Nov 2014 19:42 by robca.

More
23 Nov 2014 15:40 #26536 by HappyHarry

robca wrote: Hi HappyHarry,

just checking couple of things:

• Is the Multimodule completely out of the 7e builds? If I read the old messages correctly, that seems to be the case (but you also mention something about hoping it could come back with a newer compiler)

no the multimodule is still in some of my builds, the issue is fitting all of the extras into the same build (layout editor, multi module, perm timer and telemetry) which is no longer possible. but looking at my builds, whatever the build is called is not enabled but everything else is, so for instance the nolayout build has multi module, perm timer and telemetry enabled, but no layout editor.

robca wrote:

• Is the FrSky telemetry support enabled in the last build? it seems that the last of the FrSky bugs was solved before your last build for the 7e
  • [/ul]

I'm assuming that those builds are also "stable enough" for use... I'm putting together a modified (A7105 + nRF24L01 + 2x 3way switches) for my nephew, and would like something that doesn't require reflashing frequently

(edit: yes, I know FrSky needs a CC2500 :) that's why I'm asking about the multimodule... my nephew needs only the first two modules, but if possible I'd like to add them all)

the builds in the op are built from the newest code available in PB's repo (1st of august) so yes, but as i don't have any frsky rx's i can't say how well it works. as for stability, well i've been putting at least an hour of actual flying time a week since august with zero issues ;)

iirc people were having issues getting the multimodule to work with the 7e so you might want to think of using a milti dip switch to switch between modules instead

More
    24 Nov 2014 01:22 #26547 by cmpang
    [quote="HappyHarry" post=26536
    iirc people were having issues getting the multimodule to work with the 7e so you might want to think of using a milti dip switch to switch between modules instead[/quote]

Shall I enable all the modules in hardware.ini while using multi dip switch to switch between modules?

cmPang

More
    24 Nov 2014 12:05 #26550 by HappyHarry
    yes that's right

More
    24 Nov 2014 13:31 #26554 by robca

HappyHarry wrote:
    the builds in the op are built from the newest code available in PB's repo (1st of august) so yes, but as i don't have any frsky rx's i can't say how well it works. as for stability, well i've been putting at least an hour of actual flying time a week since august with zero issues ;)

iirc people were having issues getting the multimodule to work with the 7e so you might want to think of using a milti dip switch to switch between modules instead

Thanks so much for the super-comprehensive reply. I have two 7e, I'll play with FrSky on one as soon as I have some time and will let you know.

As for the multimodule on 7e, well, I might want to give it a try and see if it works or not (I also have a Devo 10, so worst case I can use the multimodule on that)

More
    29 Nov 2014 02:47 #26640 by cmpang
    Hi HH,

I have been using your build ever since you posted it and I must say Iit is as stable as rock.

Great thanks for your contribution to the community.

I used my 7e for all my r/c stuffs, planes, heli, boat and battle tanks.. and now come to a trouble, I run out of the model memory today. All 30 of them are being used and no more space for my new birds.

Is it feasible to add more model memory in the 7e..?

Thx.

cmPang

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds