7e +telem +layout ed +perm timer, weekly updates

More
07 Dec 2014 00:41 #26827 by Daryoon
It's easy. Just keep incrementing. Copy the default.ini or the last model.ini and keep going up.

model31.ini

... etc

I made a little batch script to auto do that for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2014 00:58 #26828 by cmpang
or share your script with us?

another very useful script is to list out all the model names against their model numbers.. very annoying just to find out which is which when doing the final touching up in the PC...

cmPang

More
07 Dec 2014 01:45 - 07 Dec 2014 03:50 #26831 by RoboHeli
Thanks again for supporting this, HH!

I'll check out the linux-based emulator but it looks like it's for an earlier version of HH's firmware. I've got Ubuntu 14.04 in Virtualbox on my windows PC.

Has anybody been able to build a PC-based emulator for HH's latest firmware, by any chance?
Last edit: 07 Dec 2014 03:50 by RoboHeli.

More
08 Dec 2014 15:28 #26853 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 7e +telem +layout ed +perm timer, weekly updates
there's an up to date (well code wise at lease lol) linux emu build attached to this post, when i get some free time over the christmas break i'll look into setting up a windows build enviroment, as no matter what i try i can't get the cross compiling on linux to work for deviation as it keeps falling over when trying to link to the windows libraries, even though they are on my machine and their folder is in the library path?

anyway i'll let you know if i ever get it working
Attachments:

More
13 Dec 2014 23:48 #26939 by RoboHeli
Cool, thanks! I'll try to check it out soon.

Incidentally, has anyone had any experiences using this build with the SLT protocol (and the appropriate hardware installed) on a Devo 7e?

I've successfully flown a HeliMax 1SQ quad using the SLT protocol.

However, I have NOT been successful in getting a good bind and controlling a HeliMax Axe 100FP. I've been able to get the heli to bind to the TX but the bind seems intermittent. Sometimes I can control the servos and sometimes they seem to lock up. I've been able to get the heli into a hover but then the throttle failed and the heli came down with it's LED flashing. I've tried two different 100Fps and they both had the same behavior with this transmitter.

The heli's not necessarily the problem because I then flew it 100% successfully using an AnyLink on my other transmitter.

What's really weird about this is that the 1SQ works great but I'm having so much trouble with a 100 FP.

More
14 Dec 2014 00:58 - 14 Dec 2014 01:02 #26945 by aMax
Some users have this issue with a different protocol and the fixed ID
"123456".
So test some options with that or completely cleared ID field and reinit.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/protocol-devel...526-v977-on-7e#26676

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 14 Dec 2014 01:02 by aMax.

More
14 Dec 2014 01:18 #26946 by RoboHeli
Interesting. Thanks!

I did initially try a few different IDs as well as clearing the ID field and re-initing. I still had the same problem, unfortunately.

More
14 Dec 2014 01:53 - 14 Dec 2014 01:56 #26950 by aMax
That´s bad.
We already had this with the Feilun FX helis and the KN protocol.
Only one user with a Devo7e(different modul) succeeded, all the others with the devo10 (standart nRF) could not get it to work. Maybe the hopping table or some payload is not valid. How many channels do you have assigned in the modell.ini?

Last edit: 14 Dec 2014 01:56 by aMax.

More
14 Dec 2014 21:28 #26987 by Daryoon
I am the same Axe 100CP as RoboHeli and using the same firmware build.

I tested binding and the heli bound and operated just fine using SLT protocol. I think I had a fixed ID of 111111. But that was just what was in there already.

I then cleared that and rebound. It works too.

More
14 Dec 2014 23:48 #26992 by RoboHeli
Just to be clear, I've been testing this with an Axe 100 FP (fixed pitch version). I've not tested it beyond simple binding with my Axe 100 CP.

Daryoon, would you mind posting your Axe 100 CP model for me to test when I'm back at home later this week? I want to first test my Axe 100 CP with your model file to see if I can reproduce your success. Then I'll compare it against my Axe 100 FP model and see if I can spot any differences there.

@aMax : Like I said, I won't have my transmitter for a few days to respond to your question, but I was using the default number of channels that shows up when you select SLT.

Remember though, that my transmitter seems to work much better (so far) with my HeliMax 1SQ which is also SLT. I haven't done a ton of testing with the 1SQ, but I've gotten one good flight out of it thus far. The second flight, I had a couple of odd little twitches like it was getting sporadic rudder input twice. But...more testing is obviously needed.

More
06 Jan 2015 23:16 #27547 by HappyHarry
Guys starting in the next couple of days i'm going to be building from the new 'team deviationtx' repo, these guys have taken up the mantle while PB takes a well earned break. if you want me to share these builds let me know and i'll post them as usual.

More
07 Jan 2015 01:14 #27548 by cmpang
Yes please. Your builds are always welcome and a big thanks to HH by sharing your hard work to us all.

More
07 Jan 2015 23:09 #27559 by robca
+1. I definitely appreciate you offering new updated nightlies for the 7e

More
07 Jan 2015 23:39 #27560 by mwm
Harry, do you have code to contribute?

Anyway, I've already started making releases from the "team deviation" repo. And you can download them from GDrive .

Still have to verify that updates will get new builds automatically.

Also, I encourage everyone with changes to create pull requests there so we can at least consider integrating them!

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
09 Jan 2015 14:29 #27576 by RoboHeli
Cool, thanks!

Would there be any interest in also including the emulator along with these builds? Or is that a lot of additional effort?

More
09 Jan 2015 15:25 - 09 Jan 2015 15:33 #27577 by mwm

RoboHeli wrote: Would there be any interest in also including the emulator along with these builds? Or is that a lot of additional effort?

I think they ought to be there. Adding Linux binaries is easy - that's what I'm doing the builds on, and I just need to add them to the Makefile. Adding Windows binaries is harder, as I need to figure out how to cross-compile them. But I'll look into it.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.
Last edit: 09 Jan 2015 15:33 by mwm.

More
09 Jan 2015 15:37 #27579 by HappyHarry

mwm wrote: Harry, do you have code to contribute?

Anyway, I've already started making releases from the "team deviation" repo. And you can download them from GDrive .

Still have to verify that updates will get new builds automatically.

Also, I encourage everyone with changes to create pull requests there so we can at least consider integrating them!

no sorry, my coding isn't up to that kind of level yet, but many thanks to yourself and the other guys who are taking up the mantle B)

all i do is make builds available for the 7e that include features that aren't switched on at build time for the 7e in the official builds.

More
09 Jan 2015 17:43 #27581 by HappyHarry
well guys it looks like after almost a year these builds are definitely coming to an end, we've been saved a few times by PB cleaning up the code and also the gcc-arm guys and their optimisations in the compiler, but it finally looks like we've hit the wall for the 7e's memory limits, as i can now only get the nolayout build to compile, and all that provides over the stock build is the perm timer. if people still want that made available i will of course keep building and sharing it so let me know. anyway just for posterity here is where we're at for each build

allenabled
+ Building 'devo7e.elf'
+ Optimizing placement and re-linking
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: devo7e.elf section `.text' will not fit in region `rom'
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region `rom' overflowed by 1256 bytes

nomulti
+ Building 'devo7e.elf'
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: devo7e.elf section `.data' will not fit in region `rom'
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region `rom' overflowed by 480 bytes

noperm
+ Building 'devo7e.elf'
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: devo7e.elf section `.data' will not fit in region `rom'
/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.8.4/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region `rom' overflowed by 68 bytes

the new nolayout build is in the first post, and as always if you find any bugs or have any problems post them on bitbucket or back here, and enjoy your flying!

More
26 Jan 2015 07:42 #28035 by cmpang
Hi HH,

I've got a problem. Recently gGet some dsmx receivers and found I cannot see the function of switching DSM2/X telemetry ON/OFF (after long pressing the DSM protocol button) for my 7e.

Would you or some other users having your 7e build please try to see if it happened to their Tx as well?

cmPang

More
26 Jan 2015 12:36 #28037 by aMax
Not working on the previous version -devo7e-v4.0.1-92e1705- either.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds