7e +telem +layout ed +perm timer, weekly updates

More
21 Feb 2014 03:28 #20675 by ZOOCOCO
Is this really the end of Devo 7e?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Feb 2014 07:12 #20685 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic 7e +telem +layout ed +perm timer, weekly updates
no not at all, just the end of builds with all options enabled. the permanent timer and possibly then the layout editor may need to be disabled again

More
24 Feb 2014 23:10 - 24 Feb 2014 23:11 #20843 by HappyHarry
well the build still made it with all options enabled this week, so as usual the first post is updated with the latest build, additions this week are enabling failsafe on the dsm protocols, also adding temperature to the selectable options for the telemetry display page, also changing the voltage range for the telemetry alarms for dsm2

as always if you find any bugs post here or report on bitbucket, and enjoy your flying :)
Last edit: 24 Feb 2014 23:11 by HappyHarry.

More
27 Feb 2014 08:15 #20919 by cocozozo
HappyHarry really appreciate all you work. Cant wait to use this build.

Quick question. For the life of me I can't get your linux emu to run so I can have a fiddle (still waiting on my 3 way switches in the post) with the build.

Which distro do you use to run the elf file?
From what I have gathered it should run like an exe in windows (I'm a linux novice).

More
27 Feb 2014 16:46 #20928 by HappyHarry
no problem :) the emu is built on xubuntu 12.04 but should run on most all recent Linux distros, but iirc you will need to have fltk and portaudio installed. if your used to windows you can download the windows 7e emu from the nightlies no problem, the only thing that will be missing is the layout editor

More
04 Mar 2014 21:08 - 04 Mar 2014 21:09 #21200 by HappyHarry
Ok new build is in the first post, there is no emulator build this time as there is an error building the frsky cc2500 1way and 2way modules for the emu (though strangely not for the normal build?)

as always if you find any bugs post here or on bitbucket, and enjoy your flying :)
Last edit: 04 Mar 2014 21:09 by HappyHarry.

More
05 Mar 2014 15:57 #21255 by MassiveOverkill
Replied by MassiveOverkill on topic 7e +telem +layout ed +perm timer, weekly updates

HappyHarry wrote: well the build still made it with all options enabled this week, so as usual the first post is updated with the latest build, additions this week are enabling failsafe on the dsm protocols, also adding temperature to the selectable options for the telemetry display page, also changing the voltage range for the telemetry alarms for dsm2

as always if you find any bugs post here or report on bitbucket, and enjoy your flying :)

Hi HH,

Did the 4.01 official release have failsafe enabled for DSM2? I had a flyaway using a LemonRX receiver and was told that failsafe on the LemonRX was set at binding (throttle only). Would this have prevented proper set up of failsafe?

Thanks.

More
05 Mar 2014 16:30 #21257 by HappyHarry
hey bud, I think for less than 7ch rx's the failsafe logic is in the rx itself, as in it stores the throttle value that is present at the first binding (with the bind plug in place, not subsequent binds) and sticks with that, and to change it you need to re-attach the bind plug and bind again, but with the full failsafe 7ch and up rx's I'm not sure how it's set with deviation tbh, the commit that my post was mentioning is here >> bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/c...2d9c04606cae76aaa149 so if you understand C have a look (my C knowledge isn't good enough to help yet :/ ) or you can ask PB to elaborate on how it works.

More
11 Mar 2014 22:15 #21476 by HappyHarry
Ok new build is in the first post, as always if you find any bugs post here or on bitbucket, and enjoy your flying :)

More
19 Mar 2014 20:29 #21670 by HappyHarry
Update time, as always the new build is in the first post, and if you find any bugs post here or on bitbucket, and enjoy your flying :)

More
19 Mar 2014 21:41 #21674 by Shanman3us
Replied by Shanman3us on topic 7e +telem +layout ed +perm timer, weekly updates
Thanks very much again for your efforts and time HH :-)

Shanman3us

More
20 Mar 2014 23:14 #21694 by HappyHarry
no worries bud :) but what i do is easy, it's PB and the otrher contributors that do the hard work 8)

tbh i was considering of stopping updating this thread as i wasn't thinking anyone was still downloading the builds, but obviously someone is :)

More
20 Mar 2014 23:23 #21695 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic 7e +telem +layout ed +perm timer, weekly updates
We are :D

More
20 Mar 2014 23:43 #21696 by lmbull
I certainly appreciate it Happyharry! What's new in the recent update?

More
21 Mar 2014 00:50 #21701 by HappyHarry
like i said guys it's no problem to post them as I'm building them for myself and a buddy anyway, i just wasn't sure if anyone else was downloading it as I don't have any way of tracking it, but don't worry I'll keep posting the new builds as long as people are using it

imbull there were three commits in the new build they are 2 bugfixes to telemetry and the GUI, and also enabling the programmable switch on the 8s for the new multi module board.

More
21 Mar 2014 11:21 - 21 Mar 2014 11:25 #21704 by suzali
of course we are downloading!!! Keep on posting pls! And thanks a lot !!!
I'm so happy with my 7e, flying all my models with it. Made range mod, added two modules and 3x2 switch. Now its perfect for me :cheer:
Last edit: 21 Mar 2014 11:25 by suzali.

More
26 Mar 2014 08:12 #21842 by cmpang
Hi HH,

first of all, let me express my great thanks to you, PB and all you good guys bringing this tiny 7e up to a level equal, if not exceeding those big F and J ....

I have been switching from Gale to HH's v4.0.1-27ca86c version since Feb and have over 150 sorties for all my boats, X-copters, plane and Helis.

Ever since then, I experience two incidence of lost of radio link. The first time happened a week ago while I was flying my DJI copter. It was fortunate that the copter entered failsafe mode and engaged return home procedure. I looked at my Tx and found nothing unusual and so just switched it off and on again and found it can reestablished the link after booting up. The copter was very close to me so range should not be a problem. Later at home I have checked the power output with my 2.4G spectrum analyser and confirmed to be normal.

Today while playing my model boat I experienced a lost link again. Since it is a boat so I can take some time to check the Tx and nothing unusual. Again I have to power cycle the Tx to re-gain radio control.

I think as a user I have the responsibility to report any anomaly found. Will keep using it for the non-critical flights in order to explore more info...

Thanks again for all your hard works..

cmPang

More
26 Mar 2014 08:56 - 26 Mar 2014 08:59 #21844 by John-Boy
Hi cmpang,

I assume you were using a 7e, right?

Which protocols were you using and with what receivers?

Range mod done on the 7e?

Thanks

John L.
Last edit: 26 Mar 2014 08:59 by John-Boy.

More
26 Mar 2014 11:26 #21848 by cmpang
7e with diode mod.. confirmed to have the same output power as my Devo 10.

Protocol used was Devo, Receiver RX702 in the first case and RX601 in the second case.

FYI, I have a total of three 7e on hand (now 2 with Deviation, one with Gale) and the two cases with my different 7e Tx.

So the problem would rule out a faulty Tx.

cmPang

More
26 Mar 2014 12:15 #21851 by HappyHarry
thanks for the report cmpang it's much appreciated :)

were you using telemetry when these dropouts happened? also could you try a newer version as there have been fixes to the devo protocol since 27ca86c that include telemetry and pa enable fixes which might fix the errors you have seen.

personally I only have a v120d02s that uses devo and although it's never more than 200m from me I've not had any dropouts yet, but I'll certainly keep my eye on it

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds