7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1

More
20 Dec 2017 14:18 #66549 by CesiumSalami
Replied by CesiumSalami on topic 7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1

daich wrote: Now that you mentioned it... what are the advantages of adjusting endpoints on the TX? I've always just adjusted in betaflight with rxrange command.

i don't have any tests (objective or subjective) that prove this but my *assumption* was always that using the RXrange command reduced control resolution.

taking a smaller range coming from the TX and mapping it to larger range in the FC versus maximizing the range on the TX and mapping it to the normal range on the FC???

i dunno though - the scaling on the TX could be doing the exact same thing and you're SOL either way if you have an RX that doesn't support the full range natively.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2018 20:30 #66789 by jboehm
Replied by jboehm on topic 7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
I wanted to say thank you. Finished my 4in1 install. While I haven't tested all the TX-es (4), I'm not getting any errors at the splash screen.

I've been impressed with the FLYSKY support. The config file took a bit to write and I can post it if there is interest. I had to reverse the yaw and roll channels, also the switches were non-trivial to map from scratch. I had done the switch mod and have 4 switches, some 3 position. I also set the TX power to 100mw to match the 20db of the FS-i6x. I still need to set up telemetry display.

!!Compared to my FS-i6x, the devo7e with 4in1 is a dream!!! I have far better control. I expected the 7e to be a step down but it was a large step up. I've very impressed.

Thanks All

More
19 Feb 2018 22:35 #67597 by dougruss3
Replied by dougruss3 on topic please help
Hi all. I have been a long time lurker here and this my first post. I need some help. I have just finished installing my 4in1 module in my Devo 7e and now it does not power up:( . Nothing hsappens at all. Ihave just the cyrf, nrf andnrf hooked up. Was gonna wait until I do the mcu upgrade to hook up the 7105. I triple checked everything and there is nothing shorted but I only get .9 volts off of pins 6&7. Other than this issue I absolutly love my 7e.Here is a picture of what i did.
Attachments:

More
20 Feb 2018 04:20 #67608 by ClittleJ
Replied by ClittleJ on topic please help
When I did this mod and put the module inside the case I didn’t wrap it with anything and the wire connections to the buzzer shorted out on the metal shield on the module. It burnt out a little mosfet in the power circuit and mine wouldnt turn on after that either. Took a while to find it and got a cellphone repair place to replace the tiny part, which I ordered from mouser. Worked fine again after. Not sure if that is what happened to you just sharing my similar experience. If thats a possibility I could find my posts about it and show you the one that burnt. Hope you figure it out!
Cheers

More
20 Feb 2018 05:02 #67609 by dougruss3
That would be awesome!!! Thank you.

More
20 Feb 2018 05:03 #67610 by FDR
Hot glue is not that good choice for insulation, because it conducts a little bit...

More
20 Feb 2018 05:10 - 20 Feb 2018 05:11 #67611 by dougruss3
Replied by dougruss3 on topic 7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
Oh? I didn't know that. I used it when I installed the nrf module and didn't have any issues with it. That module was in for a year with no problems.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2018 05:11 by dougruss3.

More
20 Feb 2018 06:08 #67612 by FDR
It doesn't always cause faults, probably only in high impedance systems, but I had problems with it before.

More
22 Feb 2018 00:22 #67675 by dougruss3
So...I desoldered the module, jumped the 2 holes under the mosfet and still nothing. I am perplexed as to why this thing just stopped working when it worked fine before. I had no smoke or anything. It just does not want to turn back on.I am getting totally sick over this as it is my favorite transmitter.:sick:

More
27 Feb 2018 00:25 #67795 by dougruss3

dabiz wrote: I see a goober of solder on the cap next to pin 64 of the uC (I think...not sure why the datasheet doesn't show the orientation dot) which happens to be Vdd. Is it bridged?

Also nice work removing the old module cleanly...mine did not go as nicely. I dont have a dmm with me or I'd check the voltages for you

I seem to be having the same issue. Where is this goober of solder that you speak of..I see nothing

More
12 Apr 2018 03:45 #68620 by DPyro
Replied by DPyro on topic please help

dougruss3 wrote: Hi all. I have been a long time lurker here and this my first post. I need some help. I have just finished installing my 4in1 module in my Devo 7e and now it does not power up:( . Nothing hsappens at all. Ihave just the cyrf, nrf andnrf hooked up. Was gonna wait until I do the mcu upgrade to hook up the 7105. I triple checked everything and there is nothing shorted but I only get .9 volts off of pins 6&7. Other than this issue I absolutly love my 7e.Here is a picture of what i did.

Am I missing something or are those pins not bridged on the module?

More
13 Apr 2018 23:56 #68646 by dougruss3
no...I made sure that the pins were not bridged before putting on the hot glue. I still cannot figure this issue out. GRR.

More
14 Apr 2018 00:29 #68647 by DPyro
Replied by DPyro on topic please help
Maybe it's just a bad picture then cause from here it looks like they're bridged.

More
14 Apr 2018 03:55 #68649 by dougruss3
Ryeah...it is a bad angle...but I assure you that they are not bridged...but even if they were why would it not power up even after I removed the module? I examined the whole board and cannot find any sign of shorting anywhere

More
14 Apr 2018 05:28 #68650 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic please help
You are posting module mod inside the U7E, topic. Take care Ultimate 7e has the CPU replaced.
When just adding a Tx module to 7e stock CPU you should take care not to flash the U7E or 256 firmware, but just falsh the build for 7e.

More
02 May 2018 18:51 #68979 by KritzelKratzel
Replied by KritzelKratzel on topic 7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
Created a 3D-printable RF-module mount for better integration into DEVO 7E case. See details at: www.thingiverse.com/thing:2890231
Attachments:

More
04 May 2018 18:59 #69048 by DPyro
Just got my 4in1 module and starting the process of soldering it on, however when trying to remove the old module one of the solder pads got ripped off. Not sure if it'll still work. I soldered one of the pins removed from the 4in1 as a substitute.

Attachments:

More
06 May 2018 02:10 #69071 by DPyro

I burned one of the traces and had to jerry-rig it, also had to solder a wire on the opposite side.
Attachments:

More
17 May 2018 04:01 #69266 by DPyro
I need some help here. I'm trying to bind to a CX-10 as a test and it's showing an asterisk in front of the model name. Also says missing modules cyrf6936 at bootup.

More
24 May 2018 03:20 #69399 by Truong
Replied by Truong on topic 7e/Ultimate7e, adding the devo version 4in1
hi you i follow all the same as you. bin was rx devo. frsky is not bin.

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds