PB's newgui

More
18 Jun 2013 05:03 #11080 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic PB's newgui
When can i put this into the tx for real world testing?

Or, is this ready for tx testing?

Im ready like a kid at christmas...... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2013 05:12 #11081 by Kdean
Oh wait, can you fix the model name, signal strenght, and battery voltage in the top bar???

More
18 Jun 2013 05:31 #11082 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic PB's newgui

Kdean wrote: Oh wait, can you fix the model name, signal strenght, and battery voltage in the top bar???

Yes all of that is already done in the code. I just haven't uploaded an emulator with it yet.

More
18 Jun 2013 05:40 #11084 by Kdean
I dont want to rush anything, but.....

Im doing an event/demo on saturday and would like my deviated devo12s to showcase with full use of the big screen. Do you think you will have a " nightly " release ready by friday?

More
18 Jun 2013 09:17 #11086 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic PB's newgui
Now the header is much better with the add button.

11. Could the long mouse press select the element before opening the popup, when we press on a deselected one?

12. When you step throw the elements with the keyboard, the text is black on the actual but not selected elements, which is barely visible on the ones with dark grey background.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
18 Jun 2013 11:18 #11089 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic PB's newgui
Being able to change X/Y values without any object selected is a little bit confusing.

Y-coordinates can not be less than 40, while the headline has a height of 32. There are no limits at the other edges so I would expect to move objects up to the header line.

Having the dialogs popping up for the properties (and enough space) I would propose to add a button "select icons" for the toggles (rather than pressing the source button).

For the icon it would be nice to change it from the main page (with the property dialog).
Does it make sense to allow more than one icon? If so, should different images be selectable and shown (so if anyone wants to he can combine 2 or more images to a big one)?

For boxes: writing the index in the preview (as done with bars and trims) in addition to the source would make finding easier in the big list in the dialog.

• rbe2012
More
18 Jun 2013 11:28 #11090 by rbe2012
Having some element overlapped can lead to strange behavior. I had 2 boxes, one with a timer, another with telem data. On top is always the last redrawn box while this is not automatically the one who is selected when the overlap area is touched (seem to me as if the first created is used).

Having more than 6 boxes on the screen the property dialog has no scrollbar (I had 7 boxes).

More
18 Jun 2013 11:37 #11091 by FDR

rbe2012 wrote: Having the dialogs popping up for the properties (and enough space) I would propose to add a button "select icons" for the toggles (rather than pressing the source button).

Yep. Or at least do not make it clickable if "None" is selected...

More
18 Jun 2013 14:29 #11092 by Pattaya01
Replied by Pattaya01 on topic PB's newgui
This is completely off-topic, but could somebody teach me how to make these toggles work or where I can find a tutorial?

I can place them, change the settings, but on the main screen, nothing happens. For example, I would like to know how to assign "gear" to a toggle.

• rbe2012
More
18 Jun 2013 14:56 #11093 by rbe2012
Long-press the toggle in config screen, so a dialog opens with all toggles you have on your screen. Every line represents one toggle. You can change the source with the left-right-arrows, and if it is not "None" you can press the source to go to the toggle select page.
Empty toggles are not shown on the main page.

More
18 Jun 2013 15:30 #11097 by Pattaya01

rbe2012 wrote: if it is not "None" you can press the source to go to the toggle select page

This was the step I was missing. I tried to find everywhere, but couldn't. It's also not mentioned in the manual. Thanks a million.

• Raimili
  • DEVO 12S "Slope-Gliders" wellcome
More
18 Jun 2013 22:27 #11101 by Raimili
Replied by Raimili on topic PB's newgui
Hi,
is it possible to get a Box with telemetry Data: "Speed"?

greetings from Germany
Raimund

...(hoping that anyone creates a simple Mixer GUI (Sailplane) for noopes like me)

More
19 Jun 2013 14:31 #11119 by FDR
I do welcome that now there are more options on the "Add Element" dialog, however I think it is time to rename then...

IMO it would be better if it only had a cancel button at the bottom, and only the first spinbox would be labelled as "Add" with a separate add button...

More
19 Jun 2013 14:58 - 19 Jun 2013 15:09 #11121 by Pattaya01
I've been playing with it for a while now and it suits me fine. I can place elements where and how I want. It takes a bit of time, but since you only do this once per model, that doesn't matter. There may be some cosmetic improvements possible, but I did not encounter any bugs. (sofar)

This is an example. I like the clean and aligned positions of the elements:

What I don't like is that all other screens do not use the full wide screen of the 12S
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Jun 2013 15:09 by Pattaya01.

More
19 Jun 2013 16:59 - 19 Jun 2013 17:03 #11123 by PhracturedBlue

FDR wrote: I do welcome that now there are more options on the "Add Element" dialog, however I think it is time to rename then...

IMO it would be better if it only had a cancel button at the bottom, and only the first spinbox would be labelled as "Add" with a separate add button...

With the 'Erase' option I added, I don't think this makes sense.
When you press 'Erase' it marks the screen to be erased but it doesn't apply until you press 'Ok' That way you don't accidently erase all your work.

The template loading doesn't return to the dialog, so that one probably doesn't matter.

I can see how an 'Add' button might be more clear, but I'm not convinced. Can you give me an idea of how you would layout the current dialog given its functionality?

Also, I just uploaded a new snapshot of the devo12 emulator.
Note that the model.ini syntax changed. you need to change the [gui] section to [gui-480x272] ([gui-320x240] for the devo8). I don't see any way to make supporting the old gui possible now without a lot of crufty code. instead I will just use the default.ini if I don't find the new-gui section in the model.ini. Transferring models between different Tx models will result in losing any layout configuration, and fall back to the default.

Templates are now supported both from the /layout dir and reading from models.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2013 17:03 by PhracturedBlue.

More
19 Jun 2013 18:30 #11129 by FDR
Well, this is the point, which proves me: when I erased the form, I didn't realize, that the OK is the confirmation. I thought it is already erased...

The cancel button is clear: I want to close the dialog without adding an element, loading a template, erasing the whole form, or whatsoever...

However the OK button is unclear what will cause. It has two functions: adds a control or confirms the erasing, which is confusing..

I prefer the more conventional way:
- a separate add button, which I'm sure will add the selected element, but nothing more;
- the template loading, which will open an other dialog to select the template, but I can cancel it there anyway;
- and an erase all button, which closes this dialog and shows a confirmation message with an OK and a Cancel button, without the need to coming back to this editing dialog.
Probably there will be other options too in the future...

The last thing is the dialog's name, which shouldn't be "Add Element", since it already has two more functions...

I'm not sure about the icon from which the dialog opens.
While it suggests only the adding functionality, that is the most common usage, so it might do.

BTW I would add an other button to the header: an editing one, which would duplicate the function of the ENT key and the long pen press. It would be much more intuitive for the clicking users. Ideally it would only be shown if an element is selected...

More
19 Jun 2013 18:46 #11130 by Kdean
I found that if i erase the model icon and exit the gui setup, there is no way to get back to the model settings. That could be a big problem. What happened to the little gear icon that used to pop up in the menu bar???

More
19 Jun 2013 18:52 #11131 by adabman
Replied by adabman on topic PB's newgui

Kdean wrote: I found that if i erase the model icon and exit the gui setup, there is no way to get back to the model settings. That could be a big problem. What happened to the little gear icon that used to pop up in the menu bar???

Same here .. :(

Deviation :) 1 TX to rule them all...

More
19 Jun 2013 19:33 #11133 by PhracturedBlue

Kdean wrote: I found that if i erase the model icon and exit the gui setup, there is no way to get back to the model settings. That could be a big problem. What happened to the little gear icon that used to pop up in the menu bar???

Good catch. I've checked in the fix. It'll be there nexttime I generate an exe.

More
19 Jun 2013 19:35 #11134 by Kdean
Im here to help......

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds